Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate (19757 Views)

Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out / PDP Keeps Mum As Razak Atunwa Plots To Present WAEC As Highest Qualification / Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Kamelot77(m): 11:11pm On Oct 01, 2018
A member of the House of Representatives and former Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Barr. Razak Atunwa, has emerged the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara state.

Atunwa, a former commissioner for Information and Works in the state polled 1,555 votes to beat his rival, a former governor of the state and serving senator, Alh Mohammed Sha’aba Lafiagi who scored 578 votes.

Atunwa is from Asa local government area in Kwara central while Lafiagi is from Edu local government in Kwara north.

The conduct of the PDP governorship primaries, which started on Sunday, was declared inconclusive when the peaceful process was disrupted abruptly by some aggrieved delegates who alleged that the process was been manipulated.

Before the commencement of voting by the accredited 2,227 delegates from the 193 wards in the state, some guber aspirants such as Ladi Hassan, Saka Issau (SAN), Zakari Muhammed and Ali Ahmad all stepped down from the race while, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, Muhammed Ibrahim Ajia, Prof. Abubakar Sulaiman, Aliyu Ahman Patigi – all boycotted the exercise.

The state governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed, who said that the nine aspirants withdrew from the race because of the party’s interest, thanked them for their act of magnanimity.

The governor also thanked the state’s political leader, Dr. Bukola Saraki, for his wise counselling and purposeful leadership which, he said, had kept members of the PDP united in the state.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/atunwa-emerges-kwara-pdp-governorship-candidate.html

3 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by buhariguy(m): 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2018
This one is a paper lightweight governorship candidate. Unknown house of Rep nuisance member from kwara central with thief saraki.
Tunde lemo or moddibo will crush these one.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Kingosytex(m): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2018
this man is dr. saraki's annointed candidate, i wish him good luck in his quest to continue looting

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by ojobek: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
buhariguy:
This one is a paper lightweight governorship candidate. Unknown house of Rep nuisance member from kwara central with thief saraki.
You know nothing about kwara state politics,

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Kamelot77(m): 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
48 year old Razak Atunwa is PDP flagbearer in Kwara State. He was commissioner (4 different ministries: Lands, Information, Works and Finance. Member HOA and speaker in 2011. Currently in HOR. Certified Pilot.

25 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
buhariguy:
You sit for Ibadan they talk kwara, rat chop your hands you take type there

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by modath(f): 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

You sit for Ibadan they talk kwara, rat chop your hands you take type there

But you dey cry like bush baby for Tinubu matter... dis laif & God's creations sef smiley

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by buhariguy(m): 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
ojobek:
You know nothing about kwara state politics,
if thief saraki is to contest as kwara governor, he will not get 40% vote because no room for rigging again.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2018
modath:

But you dey cry like bush baby for Tinubu matter... dis laif & God's creations sef smiley
Babe, Tinubu wan stop progressive Ambode from finishing his good work, no good now?
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2018
buhariguy:
if thief saraki is to contest as kwara governor, he will not get 40% vote because no room for rigging again.
Saraki is greater than Tinubu relatively when compares to Lagos state. He's a god

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Morbeta11(m): 4:23am On Oct 02, 2018
Atunwa....... A brother from the yeast grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by dollarsplenty(m): 4:30am On Oct 02, 2018
And Saraki came to Osun to campaign against imposition of candidate and godfatherism. Here we are, the same man ensured his anointed godson got the PDP guber-ticket of Kwara. Trust a politician at your own peril.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by kehinde1588(m): 4:35am On Oct 02, 2018
I will say this over and over again. PDP is dead in kwara as Saraki end is near in kwara. Atunwa ko Atunlo ni

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by kehinde1588(m): 4:37am On Oct 02, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Saraki is greater than Tinubu relatively when compares to Lagos state. He's a god
This one will just sit down somewhere typing rubbish up and down.

Let me engage you in a debate, can you give a justification to the aforementioned assertion?

Or u just type gibberish with your daily 25m.b

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Haben1: 4:41am On Oct 02, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

another big joke

7 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by nengibo: 4:42am On Oct 02, 2018
Atunwa from Asa lga, lol, oya ipob come and give us their history

7 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by PassingShot(m): 4:43am On Oct 02, 2018
This is an own goal by PDP.

If APC presents a more popular and more accomplished professional as their candidate, it’s over for Saraki in Kwara.

9 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Longluk: 4:49am On Oct 02, 2018
Ope oooooo. Saraki finally going down. This is someone that can not even win his polling boot. He is not in touch with his people at the grassroot level since when he is in Abuja as a 2 times member of house of representative. I wonder how Saraki will rig him in when he did not even have federal backing from the police and Co. Saraki has shot himself in the leg with this imposition ooooooo. Freedom for Kwaran at last grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Haben1: 4:49am On Oct 02, 2018
kehinde1588:
I will say this over and over again. PDP is dead in kwara as Saraki end is near in kwara. Atunwa ko Atunlo ni

eyen korin no dey see anything, oyun no dey see anything, offa still dey see small small, nah only ilorin them they spend small small budget on, what a state!!!

make them open their eyes now
and find solution to there problem

only 1 fly over bridge in the whole kwara state

3 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by YurFatHer: 4:55am On Oct 02, 2018
Just like a bat... I am jus looking at Saraki how he is gon' lose it all.

Kwara is APC sealed state.
no be only atunwa, na atunbo they go see

3 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by shugabasbn: 4:59am On Oct 02, 2018
Atunwa, another Fatahi in making. Saraki is just taking Kwara as his property. Anyway, 2019 is loading
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by kehinde1588(m): 5:05am On Oct 02, 2018
Haben1:

eyen korin no dey see anything, oyun no dey see anything, offa still dey see small small, nah only ilorin them they spend small small budget on, what a state!!!

make them open their eyes now
and find solution to there problem

only 1 fly over bridge in the whole kwara state
I am from Oyun. People are tired of Saraki. I do engage my colleagues from other Local government area in a discussion and I can categorically tell you everyone is lamenting and talking about how kwara is retrogressive.
We can keep doing things the same way and want change. Saraki must lose in kwara if we want to forge ahead.

8 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by teebaxy(m): 5:05am On Oct 02, 2018
Correct, that’s how politics is done
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by teebaxy(m): 5:09am On Oct 02, 2018
Kingosytex:
this man is dr. saraki's annointed candidate, i wish him good luck in his quest to continue looting
Bolaji is actually Saraki anointed candidate and he didn’t win. Pls get ur facts right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Peacemaker5128: 5:09am On Oct 02, 2018
If I contest against Atunwa today I will definitely win
Saraki dynasty has ended.
Kwara state is worst than ebonyi and Abia with bad road everywhere

8 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by phoenix90(m): 5:10am On Oct 02, 2018
I hope he betters the lot of Kwarans
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Sammig1(m): 5:28am On Oct 02, 2018
Kamelot77:

48 year old Razak Atunwa is PDP flagbearer in Kwara State. He was commissioner (4 different ministries: Lands, Information, Works and Finance. Member HOA and speaker in 2011. Currently in HOR. Certified Pilot.

I have seen this guy on channels TV several times. He speaks well. Let's hope that he does the job for kwarans

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 02, 2018
Kwara Apc postponed their election twice just to find out who kwara pdp governorship candidates is going to be. They did this as a result of fear. I'm from kwara state to defeat Saraki in kwara state is not going to be an easy but let's wait and see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Collyno82(m): 5:44am On Oct 02, 2018
Kamelot77:

they don start now. They won't say his real age. 48yrs Look like he attended primary school in his mother's womb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by tesppidd: 5:48am On Oct 02, 2018
See im face sef like Saraki.

BTW,

So what happened to that boi boi Bolaji Abdullahi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by NigeriaBam: 6:01am On Oct 02, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Nwodosis(m): 6:21am On Oct 02, 2018
I love his diction!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Didn’t Confirm Magu, By Saraki / "Collect APC Money In Jesus Name And Vote PDP" - Dino Melaye / Buhari Proclaims Ninth National Assembly. First Session To Hold On June 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.