Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,109 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:07 AM

Our Trajectory Across Ijesa North .... Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Our Trajectory Across Ijesa North .... Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq (265 Views)

The Concept Of Vote-buying In Nigeria - Olajengbesi Samuel / New Single By Tope Olajengbesi Iyaniwura / My Thought Today About Osun Re-run -barr Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Trajectory Across Ijesa North .... Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq by Opeyemisamuel06(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
Our Trajectory Across Ijesa North
Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq.

Fellow Compatriots, opinion and political leaders of thoughts across Ijesa North, our Royal Fathers, comrades and the general public, many months ago I indicated my interest to serve our good people in Oriade/ Obokun Federal Constituency, as a diligent citizen and a passionate lawmaker, that interest has now become the ambition of many across the world, some whom I have seen and some I possibly would not know.
This ambition was born out of the desire to launch alternative leadership ideas in representing our people and ensuring the socio-economic development of Ijesa North. It is our believe that a transgenerational shift in leadership should be our goals presently, particularly in areas that involve law making. That we need to do more in improving the well being of our people is to stress an obvious point.
We relentlessly pursued a youth-inspired agenda that sought to stir political belief and participation in our youths, galvanized purposeful thinking amongst us and fed a narrative that was progressive and accommodating of the incidence of youths in pivotal leadership position.
I am deeply grateful to God and men. I am grateful to all of you for your tireless support through out this difficult times. It is a huge honor for me to have you all with me on this journey. Certainly, we have invested precious time, resources and, perhaps for some, good-will. I can see that this is now telling on who we have become today, but we have not lost all, we have sucessfully reactivated the consciousness of our people and sent a signal to them about the coming prosperity. We must bring this home to the people once again.
That we got the world listening to us was simply the visible manifestation of an idea whose time has come. We have built a great team and fellowship, making history and creating memories across the 22 wards in Oriade/Obokun Federal Constituency. We have taken our message to the young and old, men, women and children, toiling in farms, along roadsides, hawking and hustling, yet carrying within them the spirit of our people, our resilience and the embers that need rekindling for greatness. In all of this, I am encouraged by the quality of our people’s reaction to our aspiration.
The Peoples Democratic Party helped me more in re-presenting myself to our people. As a member, I have enjoyed the support and solidarity of our leaders but even more so, our youths within the party have been excellent. It has all been a learning moment for me especially coming up against a wall of disbelief and an intricate political system.
Gentlemen, we are at the most defining face of this long and tortuous journey difficult to tell, and even as I write, I have had reasons to battle opinions against logic, interest against principles. I have been presented with power and honor at a crucial time like this just to pick one and still struggle for a place.
The leadership of our party, the Peoples Democratic Party, is certainly impressed by the little efforts we have put up and would gladly have me represent the party in such a crucial election. However, the leadership of our party is of the opinion that there is the need to consolidate on the gains of the leadership of Hon. Wole Oke as a serving member of the House of Representatives by returning him come 2019, and this view, the party has consciously called my attention to.
This is for me, perhaps, the most difficult moment of our struggle. I have deliberately refused to put this into contemplation as our determination in pursing this vision ran without restraint, limitation or bounds. Coupled with the painful, selfless sacrifices of our comrades over time, this does appear to be an edgy crossroad. Yet, this is my party, our party, my political belief, the PDP.
Ordinarily, I would have loved to pursue this by going into the elections from anywhere, but I am constrained by the fact that if truly I belong to the Peoples Democratic Party, I should not allow my pursuit jeopardize our party’s collective interest. I have always believed that the Peoples Democratic Party offers a free platform for people with genuine ambition to realize their goals across the country. However, in the pursuit of such goals one must endeavor to protect the fabric of the party which has been nurtured over the years by others.
In the past one year, I have deliberately argued and pursued my political views openly against the stand point of Hon. Wole Oke who currently occupies the House of Representatives seat. I made known my political differences, intensify efforts to take the party ticket from him to represent our people. No doubt he has prevailed, though our differences remain. As a member of PDP, regardless of those differences, I can only support him in my own humble way to lead us through in consolidating his past efforts.
As a human navigating a turn dictated by necessity and not planned, I do feel slighted but not downcast. Our course has given us the opportunity to truly see our people through their own eyes and words and to live moments with them. My love for them has grown as has my respect and admiration of their efforts as a people. I can only just say thank you. Thank you all. Thank you everyone, thank you from the east and south, north and west of the world, thank you all for being and being there.
Our party, the Peoples Democratic Party, has unconditionally offered me the ticket of the House of Assembly of Oriade Constituency, perhaps, in recognition of the efforts of our great supporters. I see this in good faith. We must make no mistake about this, our desire is selfless service and nothing untowards. I am therefore grateful to the leadership of our party for counting me worthy of such a great opportunity for service, even though, this is off my schedule and my bargain with the people.
My recent political activities has attracted a lot of people to me who today see me as a leader of sort and I am duty bound not just to think about myself but also their interests. I have consulted widely and we have all resolved that we must all forge ahead as members of a united political family in the PDP, even though they still have to battle with people who now find it difficult to see them as members of the same family. I hope such pointless animosity can be sheathed for the sake of the party’s progress, for as big as our party is, there must always be rooms for political differences and desire to reconcile these differences when necessary.
My pact with our people remains, as I appeal to all and sundry who are disappointed in the turn of events to please share reasons with me. We fought a remarkable fight. I have put in all, all of me into this with great expectation but I am not God. I believe leadership is predetermined and authenticated by God.
Once again, I say a big thank you to all, for your time and effort. I hope to continually lean on your wisdom and support as partners in progress as we chart a new course to greatness in Ijesa North.
Thank you.
Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq.

(1) (Reply)

APC Chieftain, 1600 Supporters Dump Party For PDP In Bauchi / Without Power Nigeria Will Emerge World Capital Of Poverty –NSE President / Entertainment, Money, An Important Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.