Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

The End Of Marriage As We Know It - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The End Of Marriage As We Know It (2376 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Court Dissolves Marriage As DNA Reveals Child’s Paternity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The End Of Marriage As We Know It by shobam1410(m): 8:31am On Oct 05, 2018
➡ *TOP MUST READ 20 BOOKS FOR INTENDING COUPLES AND NEWLY WEDS*

1. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman.
2. Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas.
3. For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women by Shaunti Feldhahn.
4. Love & Respect : the Love She Most Desires, the Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs.
5. Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage by Dr. Kevin Leman.
6. Communication in Marriage: How to Communicate with Your Spouse Without Fighting by Marcus & Ashley Kusi.
8. Created To Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl.
9. His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage by Willard F. Jr. Harley.
10. The Love Dare by Alex Kendrick.
11. You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity by Francis Chan.
12. Before You Say I Do by H. Norman Wright.
13. The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God by Timothy & Kathy Keller.
14. Intended for Pleasure. Sex Technique & Sexual Fulfillment in Christian Marriage by Ed Wheat.
15. Saving Your Marriage Before It by Dr. Les Parrott.
16. What's It Like to Be Married to Me? by Linda Dillow.
17. Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman.
18. For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Fiedharn.
19. The Power of Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian.
20. The Model Marriage by Dag Heward Mills.

Charis Ebook Centre is the Largest digital bookstore in Nigeria.

ANY eBOOK by ANY AUTHOR in ANY AREA is AVAILABLE in our e-store.

Connect with us on Whatsapp thru 07051505626 or Call 08189300870.
Re: The End Of Marriage As We Know It by DonroxyII: 5:38am On Oct 06, 2018
Pipedreams:

Ishilove? A submissive wife? That deranged feminist. Abi na pity u suppose they pity the husband.
People like Ishilove go use argument kill ihm husband .... unless that husband is a zombie but if he is a guy with reason and intellectualism , Wahala go dey dey ooo .... Ishilove dey reason along religion and her own fact !

Nonetheless, We humans do not have what it take to rule our world by our own deemed standards, as far as we dropped the concept of God and Godliness, we will keep roving in cycles .... I always know a time is coming marriage will exist no more and more peeps will see reasons not to make babies .....

Just come this world,
flex yourself with your hustles without causing hassles to nobody
and when your time is up, get the fvck off grin .....

1 Like

Re: The End Of Marriage As We Know It by bukatyne(f): 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2018
Seahawk:

I wonder too.

Maybe no rigorous divorce process when the couple wants to dissolve the partnership? No vows or rings or claims to monogamy (at least official monogamy). Wish I knew. Each to their own

It is well.
Re: The End Of Marriage As We Know It by bukatyne(f): 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2018
crackhaus:

You're asking a question you already know the answer to.

Practically, there's obviously no difference.

Legally and religiously (for people like Ishilove), there's a big difference.

I wonder why any man should even get married when he has the option of a civil partnership.

Oh well.

Anyways, there is no difference between an adulterous/lying/stealing married partner and a co-habiting man/woman.
Re: The End Of Marriage As We Know It by bukatyne(f): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2018
merahki:

I am a woman, and I also prefer civil partnerships.
It is therefore not a man thing but a person thing I believe.
Some people are commitment-phobic, and in this case, when they are in love they can be in a union with all the benefits without feeling trapped
It is a thing of joy (for the said phobes cheesy)

Help me understand:

Does a marriage ceremony make you trapped?

What's stopping you from quitting a marriage if you so desire?

I understand a man/woman sleeping around because they do not want to be 'tied down' to anyone.

I do not get the rationale behind deliberately
moving in with a man, having kids with him, running the home etc. without marriage ceremony when we can do a civil rights with a token after doing the traditional rites.

I agree that the martial vows does not automatically make a good spouse or lover.

Now that civil partnership is recognized legally, aren't we deceiving ourselves?
Re: The End Of Marriage As We Know It by bukatyne(f): 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2018
pcguru1:

Government involvement and Legality the rest is just good ol shackling together

Except they are divorcing or doing anything with the government, they don't need the legality and involvement so it's all same.

Why would I move in with a guy without marriage?
Re: The End Of Marriage As We Know It by bukatyne(f): 2:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
Eketem:

Co habbiting and civil partnership the difference is with civil partnership one can list the partner as next of kin in case of emergency and they can benefit from each other's health insurance, and have other legal rights a couple has without being married

What a joke.

Thanks.
Re: The End Of Marriage As We Know It by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
bukatyne:

Help me understand:

Does a marriage ceremony make you trapped?

What's stopping you from quitting a marriage if you so desire?

I understand a man/woman sleeping around because they do not want to be 'tied down' to anyone.

I do not get the rationale behind deliberately
moving in with a man, having kids with him, running the home etc. without marriage ceremony when we can do a civil rights with a token after doing the traditional rites.

I agree that the martial vows does not automatically make a good spouse or lover.

Now that civil partnership is recognized legally, aren't we deceiving ourselves?

Hello, maybe you help me understand
Why the inquisitioner's stance? I feel like I am in a court cheesy
I don't know how to answer you,, and don't know that I want to too, but to each their own, right?
Cheers
Re: The End Of Marriage As We Know It by crackhaus: 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2018
bukatyne:

Oh well.

Anyways, there is no difference between an adulterous/lying/stealing married partner and a co-habiting man/woman.
Funny

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Doesn't Care To Save For The Future? / Deleted. / Enjoy Ileya Promo Price With Your Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.