Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Interceding in Tongues - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interceding in Tongues (4895 Views)

The Prayer Room! Strictly Interceding For Others / Pastor Odumeje Praying On Mountain Top, Interceding For The World / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
Truly, the testimonies of praying in tongues are evident in the stirring up of our spirit man and manifold spiritual edification. But do we have a testimony whereby a miraculous or seemingly miraculous has happened to us through the use of tongues. Please, let's have such testimony, if we have.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 8:58am On Nov 22, 2018
From our WhatsApp

[11/21, 21:12] Kay: Truly, the testimonies of praying in tongues are evident in the stirring up of our spirit man and manifold spiritual edification. But do we have a testimony whereby a miraculous or seemingly miraculous has happened to us through the use of tongues. Please, let's have such testimony, if we have.
[11/21, 21:21] Sir Alfred: Hello sir
[11/21, 21:22] Sir Alfred: Hello all
[11/21, 21:22] Kay: Hello
[11/21, 21:23] Sir Alfred: Good evening to you sir
[11/21, 21:24] Sir Alfred: I have a whole lot of testimonies in this regard
[11/21, 21:24] Kay: Hmmm
[11/21, 21:24] Sir Alfred: But I will share some now
[11/21, 21:25] Sir Alfred: Brb I need to copy a scripture verse
[11/21, 21:28] Kay: Go ahead, bro
[11/21, 21:32] Sir Alfred: � its like I missed the reference I was looking for
[11/21, 21:33] Sir Alfred: But I would send it here as soon as I see it
[11/21, 21:33] Sir Alfred: Its somewhere in the Bible that connect this gift of tongues with refreshing
[11/21, 21:35] Sir Alfred: In my personal experience, there is nothing as refreshing as this precious gift of God. When I am troubled , confused and don't know what to do, I just switch to tongues. It brings calm to my soul
[11/21, 21:37] Sir Alfred: This is an exact science. Works in the same way every time
[11/21, 21:39] Sir Alfred: There is another aspect of tongue I have experienced but this one only happens as God wills. Its is totally dependent on the Holy spirit
[11/21, 21:42] Kay: Hmmm, one of my testimonies is connected with that calmness.
[11/21, 21:43] Sir Alfred: There is a level I have occasionally gotten to in tongues that after some times I stop speaking and start hearing from God. It doesn't happen just because I want it but whenever God wills. But even though it is dependent on God, I still have to pray in tongues before it happens.
[11/21, 21:46] Sir Alfred: One lesson I have learned about tongue is that a minute of praying in tongues is more powerful than an hour of just praying aimlessly. When we pray in tongues ,it is God helping us with our infirmity. When we pray according to what we see, we are less effective cos what we see might not really be the real problem but a fruit of it
[11/21, 21:46] Sir Alfred: Wow. It is great to know
[11/21, 21:54] Kay: Indeed, tongues is a powerful instrument of grace. God has given us the grace to access the things of God, the things of the spirit, and tongue is that instrument you can use to access them. That is why your experience of hearing from God occurs when you have spoken in tongues to some length. It's like ascending some heights in the spirit to get closer and hence able to hear clearer. It's like moving from the outer court, to the inner court and then to where His throne is set to have a clearer communication.
[11/21, 21:56] Sir Alfred: Exactly
[11/21, 21:58] Sir Alfred: I will to hear some of your testimony too
[11/21, 22:03] Kay: In addition to what you have said, assuming I have a message to give, words will just keep flowing so fast and I will keep writing them on paper so fast my hand struggle to catch up. They are coming right to me, not like I'm thinking them. All these because the spiritual senses have become very sharp as a result of the tongue session.
[11/21, 22:04] Kay: I have two major testimonies, but I will share one today.
[11/21, 22:04] Sir Alfred: Hahahaha. So true
[11/21, 22:05] Sir Alfred: The sermon Peter gave on the day of Pentecost was unrehearsed but succinct. Thousands gave their life to Jesus after hearing it
[11/21, 22:17] Kay: When I was in school, I stayed in a house. There was this night when I was just woken up by the gunshots. My heart skipped..."What is this?" Are they armed robbers? I couldn't get myself again. My heart was pumping blood with the maximum force. I was so afraid in the room I was sleeping, so were my co tenants.

These people were shooting at the iron door. Going from and back, saying: Is there no one in this house? Open the door. Using torchlight to check if there is someone inside (there was no light, and I prefer sleeping without any light in the room. But I think there are traces of light in the other occupant's room).

To cut it short, I began to pray in the spirit (very quietly) and do you know the miracle, I became so calm. Not just that, I received courage and I went ahead to open the door. You know why? The funny reason was that I opened the door because they were disturbing me. For someone who a moment ago was overwhelmed by fear to take that step for that reason. You should know it is beyond the ordinary.

So, what happened.....
[11/21, 22:26] Sir Alfred: wow
[11/21, 22:26] Sir Alfred: This is a great testimony
[11/21, 22:26] Sir Alfred: What then happened
[11/21, 22:40] Kay: When I opened the door, they challenged me and asked why I didn't open the door since. I told them I wasn't feeling too fine (if I could recollect, I really wasn't very fine before I slept and even with their gunshots, who could be feeling fine enough to open the door if not for God).

So, I think they were like four with those really big guns (it was dark, I couldn't see properly). All these while, my co-tenants were wondering what could have came over me to open the door. I think one guy has already hidden in the ceiling and another "decapacitated" in his room.

Next thing was that they did not even enter the house. I can't even figure out what they said was the reason for their mission because they kind of mumbled a reason. And they just returned and you know what? I wanted to see them off and they said I shouldn't bother. I was the only one standing with them.

Whether armed robbers or not, I don't know but what I know is that, Something supernatural took place within me in this whole encounter.
[11/21, 22:44] Sir Alfred: This can only be God
[11/21, 22:45] Sir Alfred: A very great testimony
[11/21, 22:45] Sir Alfred: Only the Spirit of God can give such boldness
[11/21, 22:49] Kay: Yes o. We can see that manifestation also in Acts 4:1-31
[11/21, 22:50] Kay: So, that is one of the two major ones. The other one will be shared later. Good night
[11/21, 22:51] Sir Alfred: Its been nice having this conversation with you. Hopefully, we will have more people around the next time we hold such conversation
[11/21, 22:51] Sir Alfred: Goodnight sir
[11/21, 22:56] Kay: Yes sir
Re: Interceding in Tongues by yinkbell: 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
Brokay2908:
From our WhatsApp

[11/21, 21:12] Kay: Truly, the testimonies of praying in tongues are evident in the stirring up of our spirit man and manifold spiritual edification. But do we have a testimony whereby a miraculous or seemingly miraculous has happened to us through the use of tongues. Please, let's have such testimony, if we have.
[11/21, 21:21] Sir Alfred: Hello sir
[11/21, 21:22] Sir Alfred: Hello all
[11/21, 21:22] Kay: Hello
[11/21, 21:23] Sir Alfred: Good evening to you sir
[11/21, 21:24] Sir Alfred: I have a whole lot of testimonies in this regard
[11/21, 21:24] Kay: Hmmm
[11/21, 21:24] Sir Alfred: But I will share some now
[11/21, 21:25] Sir Alfred: Brb I need to copy a scripture verse
[11/21, 21:28] Kay: Go ahead, bro
[11/21, 21:32] Sir Alfred: � its like I missed the reference I was looking for
[11/21, 21:33] Sir Alfred: But I would send it here as soon as I see it
[11/21, 21:33] Sir Alfred: Its somewhere in the Bible that connect this gift of tongues with refreshing
[11/21, 21:35] Sir Alfred: In my personal experience, there is nothing as refreshing as this precious gift of God. When I am troubled , confused and don't know what to do, I just switch to tongues. It brings calm to my soul
[11/21, 21:37] Sir Alfred: This is an exact science. Works in the same way every time
[11/21, 21:39] Sir Alfred: There is another aspect of tongue I have experienced but this one only happens as God wills. Its is totally dependent on the Holy spirit
[11/21, 21:42] Kay: Hmmm, one of my testimonies is connected with that calmness.
[11/21, 21:43] Sir Alfred: There is a level I have occasionally gotten to in tongues that after some times I stop speaking and start hearing from God. It doesn't happen just because I want it but whenever God wills. But even though it is dependent on God, I still have to pray in tongues before it happens.
[11/21, 21:46] Sir Alfred: One lesson I have learned about tongue is that a minute of praying in tongues is more powerful than an hour of just praying aimlessly. When we pray in tongues ,it is God helping us with our infirmity. When we pray according to what we see, we are less effective cos what we see might not really be the real problem but a fruit of it
[11/21, 21:46] Sir Alfred: Wow. It is great to know
[11/21, 21:54] Kay: Indeed, tongues is a powerful instrument of grace. God has given us the grace to access the things of God, the things of the spirit, and tongue is that instrument you can use to access them. That is why your experience of hearing from God occurs when you have spoken in tongues to some length. It's like ascending some heights in the spirit to get closer and hence able to hear clearer. It's like moving from the outer court, to the inner court and then to where His throne is set to have a clearer communication.
[11/21, 21:56] Sir Alfred: Exactly
[11/21, 21:58] Sir Alfred: I will to hear some of your testimony too
[11/21, 22:03] Kay: In addition to what you have said, assuming I have a message to give, words will just keep flowing so fast and I will keep writing them on paper so fast my hand struggle to catch up. They are coming right to me, not like I'm thinking them. All these because the spiritual senses have become very sharp as a result of the tongue session.
[11/21, 22:04] Kay: I have two major testimonies, but I will share one today.
[11/21, 22:04] Sir Alfred: Hahahaha. So true
[11/21, 22:05] Sir Alfred: The sermon Peter gave on the day of Pentecost was unrehearsed but succinct. Thousands gave their life to Jesus after hearing it
[11/21, 22:17] Kay: When I was in school, I stayed in a house. There was this night when I was just woken up by the gunshots. My heart skipped..."What is this?" Are they armed robbers? I couldn't get myself again. My heart was pumping blood with the maximum force. I was so afraid in the room I was sleeping, so were my co tenants.

These people were shooting at the iron door. Going from and back, saying: Is there no one in this house? Open the door. Using torchlight to check if there is someone inside (there was no light, and I prefer sleeping without any light in the room. But I think there are traces of light in the other occupant's room).

To cut it short, I began to pray in the spirit (very quietly) and do you know the miracle, I became so calm. Not just that, I received courage and I went ahead to open the door. You know why? The funny reason was that I opened the door because they were disturbing me. For someone who a moment ago was overwhelmed by fear to take that step for that reason. You should know it is beyond the ordinary.

So, what happened.....
[11/21, 22:26] Sir Alfred: wow
[11/21, 22:26] Sir Alfred: This is a great testimony
[11/21, 22:26] Sir Alfred: What then happened
[11/21, 22:40] Kay: When I opened the door, they challenged me and asked why I didn't open the door since. I told them I wasn't feeling too fine (if I could recollect, I really wasn't very fine before I slept and even with their gunshots, who could be feeling fine enough to open the door if not for God).

So, I think they were like four with those really big guns (it was dark, I couldn't see properly). All these while, my co-tenants were wondering what could have came over me to open the door. I think one guy has already hidden in the ceiling and another "decapacitated" in his room.

Next thing was that they did not even enter the house. I can't even figure out what they said was the reason for their mission because they kind of mumbled a reason. And they just returned and you know what? I wanted to see them off and they said I shouldn't bother. I was the only one standing with them.

Whether armed robbers or not, I don't know but what I know is that, Something supernatural took place within me in this whole encounter.
[11/21, 22:44] Sir Alfred: This can only be God
[11/21, 22:45] Sir Alfred: A very great testimony
[11/21, 22:45] Sir Alfred: Only the Spirit of God can give such boldness
[11/21, 22:49] Kay: Yes o. We can see that manifestation also in Acts 4:1-31
[11/21, 22:50] Kay: So, that is one of the two major ones. The other one will be shared later. Good night
[11/21, 22:51] Sir Alfred: Its been nice having this conversation with you. Hopefully, we will have more people around the next time we hold such conversation
[11/21, 22:51] Sir Alfred: Goodnight sir
[11/21, 22:56] Kay: Yes sir

Thanks bro kay for this wonderful platform. i will come here to share my story about how my student got Baptisted in the holy spirit.
how i was taught by keneth hagin how to get people filled with the holy spirit. i never knew i could put it into practice. i will come back and post this experience on this platform cos am not on watssap for now.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ok, my brother. Eagerly awaiting your testimony.

For the convenience of the majority, we have shifted our joint prayer to 5:30am on Tuesdays. There is also joint prayer over the phone sometimes and we do have Bible discussion by 8pm on Friday.

For those who are willing to join us on WhatsApp, you can leave your number here or send it to switord@gmail.com

Happy New Year
Re: Interceding in Tongues by yinkbell: 1:25pm On Feb 04, 2019
Brokay2908:
Have you experienced inconsistency in your prayer life? Today you are a firebrand, tomorrow you could hardly account for a statement in prayer. Or you have decided to be praying for some particular minutes, at some particular time of the day. But you could hardly practice it for few days before you abandon the plan.

What are the things that causes inconsistency in our prayer life and how can we overcome them? How can we be more consistent in our prayer life?

thanks for this wonderful question., i will be glad to read the answer from you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Signs Of The Times: My Thoughts / Restoring Faith In Humanity (Photos) / COZA Church Members Throng Dubai For Pastor's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.