Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina (312 Views)

The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio / 32 Women Serving As Ministers, HoS, Advisers In Buhari's Government - Adesina / Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina by Realdeals(m): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2018
Femi Adesina, the spokesman of President Muhammadu Buhari, says Nigerians share in the blame of the country’s bad ranking in Transparency International’s (TI) corruption perception index (CPI).

In 2017, Nigeria dropped from 136 in 2016 to 148 on the index of TI.

The ranking was seen as a blow to the current administration which claims to have the fight against corruption as one of its core mandates.

But speaking during a Channels Television’s programme on Monday, Adesina said the ranking is about Nigerians and not the federal government.

“My position is that that ranking is not strictly about government, it is about Nigeria and her people. Some people want to make it seem as if it is a vote of no confidence in government or a lower mark for government, I don’t agree,” he said.

“I think it is a lower mark for the people, because the people constitute the country. And I think if things do not seem to have worked as they should work, the people also have part of the brunt; they have part of the blame to bear.”

He also chided TI for the ranking, saying the country does not need it to verify whatever effort the current administration is making in anti-graft war.

“As much as I respect Transparency International, I don’t think we necessarily need them to authenticate what is going on in the country because we Nigerians know that there is a war against corruption ongoing and that war is succeeding. There are strides being taken. We may not be there yet but we are on our way there,” he said.

“So, let no agency from any part of the world come to think that whatever it says is the gospel to us. It can help, it can inform what is happening but it’s not something that will be a milestone round the neck of government.”

Source: Nigeria News Headlines
Re: Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina by MexxIT(m): 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2018
Lemme laugh small

2 Likes

Re: Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina by Rrankdonga(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2018
This is like those Nigerian men who say "if my wife doesn't get pregnant it's her fault".

Stupid people everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2018
This man has snorted dry codeine again

3 Likes

Re: Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina by Udo8(m): 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
Is the Government not not occupied by Nigerian Citizens

These guys can deny and blame everything on something else.

St.APC
I hail thee���

3 Likes

Re: Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina by chairman00100: 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2018
ANYONE BUT THEM, who is still surprised

3 Likes

Re: Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina by Omeokachie: 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2018
From blaming GEJ, to the PDP, to Ghadaffi, and now the citizens.

Never in the history of this country have I seen a government that never takes responsibility.

3 Likes

Re: Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina by shreder(m): 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2018
D way dis man speak sumtims ehnn..It makes me question his loyalty to Bubu,its lyk he wants us to hate d government more

1 Like

Re: Poor Rating On Corruption Is A Low Mark For Citizens, Not Government - Adesina by shikshark: 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
from the look of thing now....APC will still blame my grandma that have died since 2008

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chris Uba Speaks On Why He Is Contesting Against His Brother / Why Is Nigeria Such A Terrible Country? / Ahmed Makarfi: Atiku Abubakar Will Return Nigeria To ‘path Of Sanity’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.