Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. (46206 Views)

Lagos Lawmakers Told Ambode To Resign Or Be Impeached / Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu / How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by naIraiaND: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
When you want to kill a dog, you give it a bad name. Jagaban juju dey only catch one set of people. Until he goes to yonder Nigeria is in deep shit
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Rockyrascal(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
I thought people here said he is the best APC governor ever cheesy

Olamide right now

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
Many State Gorvernors Have Done Worse Than What Ambode Is Accused Of,But We Didnt See This Type Of Treachery..Well Life Goes On
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by King44(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
otherway:

See your life.
is he not?, let's stop acting as if it's nothing he is d brain behind it. Not all article gathered by the op is correct because someone mother did not support u then u chase her out of her own house, the only line I agree with is the waste management issue and Lagos badagry road, Ambode tried truth be told, I also think the people are blind followers of Tinubu not APC to b sincere this is foul play
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Saintp(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
One of the greatest problems of an average Nigerian is not having an independent mindset. I think the type of education administered in Nigeria is responsible for this.
I remember months ago when people who said Ambode was not performing were insulted messlessly and their entire tribe was not spared by the people who are now anti Ambode now. To them Ambode was the best governor in Nigeria other governors should emulate and they were backing him to continue until all of a sudden he now became the devil. So this means critics of Ambode were right all this while.

In the next 4 years, this new guy will face the same problem for sure and the cycle continues cos all you guys do is to fight another man's fight.

The juju that this politicians use that is so powerful that makes them manipulate adults mindset to fight their fights is indeed powerful and I think I will like to meet the babalawo

To get something out of naija politics, citizens need to have an independent mindset and consistently fight for what they want and not what the political class want. If someone is not good,then he is not good based on your own analysis not because the political class says so else you end up fighting for the political class who puts their interest first before the people.

Lastly, with the situation playing now,it means whether it is Ambode or the other guy ,the people have lost already as whoever governs will put the interest of some group of people first before the citizens

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by IbrahimDamola: 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
themonk:

I swear, most igbos I know in lagos here are busy hustling, they don't care about lagos politics. All these guys online arguing rubbish about ambode and the other guy claiming to be igbos should shut up. Funny thing is that they are so unreasonable that they always support the losing team making igbos look bad.

This one you mentioned 'loosing team'. Are you an APC ibo who hate Igbos and love our yoruba muslim skulls like joe ibokwe? grin
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Orpe7(m): 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lyoncrescent:
I can testify to the removal of ganiyu Johnson the former commissioner of works. You can read hisprofile. This man is a thorough engineer and very good. He was the brain the Berger project design and the various laybys we saw in the beginning of Ambodes regime. The guy was very good as an engineer and planner but ambode for some reason for rid of him

You are right!
Ambode saw the guy taking the shine and as u know only baba wan dey spotlight na why him sack am

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by themonk(m): 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
NairaIand:
When you want to kill a dog, you give it a bad name. Jagaban juju dey only catch one set of people. Until he goes to yonder Nigeria is in deep shit

Your name is Nairaland? Hows that possible? Did you buy the name from seun?
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by olowo1995(m): 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
vickylincon:
You are not far from the truth. Some of your points may be true. I said some because most of the things we see as layman are not really so in the political realm. I am sure what ambode did for them is more than this. Believe me, if he did not offend them, they will cover up all these mess for him

Hey dude, all what he said is nothing but the truth

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by themonk(m): 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

This one you mentioned 'loosing team'. Are you an APC ibo who hate Igbos and love our yoruba muslim skulls like joe ibokwe? grin
I am igbo and I love igbos. However we should play the political game intelligently and stop pulling rubbish religious cards where unnecessary.

4 Likes

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Gogetta(m): 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
FarahAideed:
I hope you know Tinubu is the brain begin Visionscape and Hi tech construction
Hi-tech, yes, Visionscape? NO!
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by romenna: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
Giving a dog a bad name to hang it.
Why u nor talk since
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by saintandsinnerz: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
themonk:

As an Igbo man, you guys disgrace me by talking out of ignorance. Stop playing the religious card, most of these politicians are closet atheists sef, they really don't give a flying f**K about religion. Is tinubu not a Muslim and his wife a Christian same with fashola?

Stop displaying ignorance and disgracing your tribe.
And you shamelessly conclude that he is Igbo.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by xana101: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
CAMA for ambode head.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by FarahAideed: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
rahman25:

This one is a lie. What you don't know stop spreading rumors about it. So Tinubu owns everything in this Lagos? Some people self if they sneeze it is Tinubu, If they poo it is Tinubu. You guyz better get over it.

So you live in Lagos and you don't know the stake Tinubu and the chogourys have in Hitech....SMH. You people are just to ignorant ....Go and find out who owns the skyscraper in Ikoyi currently haousing the operations of Visionscape
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by furio: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
This dummy doesn't know that Dipo Sanwa-Olu is a Christian!
ZKOSOSO:
Tinubu alone switch loyalty because of RELIGION..!

Buhari instructed Tinubu to ensure a MUSLIM is put in place as Lagos Governor.

Islamisation of SW politicians is in top gear...!

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by FarahAideed: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
Gogetta:
Hi-tech, yes, Visionscape? NO!

Go and look at board of VisionScape and come back then find out who owns the mini skyscrapers on queenways currently housing the HQ of VisionScape..make una open eyes oooo
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Deandean: 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
Yorubas are the most stupid and gullible idiots in the whole world....iyanma undecided....imagine the disdain we all felt 4 buhari in 2011 wen videos of him insighting his followers to let blood flow if he losses and how indeed many corpers n non Muslims living in d north lost thr lives....only for a few stupid leaders like Tinubu to endorse him and resale him n repakage him in new party name n Bingo!!! ...he suddenly bcums there messiah....Exactly d same thing is playing out...even though with ur 2 cowardly eyes u knw deep within u dis Ambode guy was on top of his game...just one man decided d fate of all Lagosians against thr interest...n u re here making research to justify his monopoly of power....YORUBA....dont u have a mind of ur own??...DIS HERDS MENTALITY IS EATING U GUYS UP...Ambode is also a thief believe me....but u shld b objective if u are to unseat him...nt jst because of one stupid jagaban....nonesense

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by quickly: 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
vickylincon:
You are not far from the truth. Some of your points may be true. I said some because most of the things we see as layman are not really so in the political realm. I am sure what ambode did for them is more than this. Believe me, if he did not offend them, they will cover up all these mess for him

This is Nigeria , u will not be wrong to assume that it’s probably all about money and contracts awarded.

Maybe he did not award contracts to his party members

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by IbrahimDamola: 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
themonk:

I am igbo and I love igbos. However we should play the political game intelligently and stop pulling rubbish religious cards where unnecessary.

I didn't hear you lament when we yoruba muslims keep insulting Igbos claiming they are not united until the Igbo started exposing the yoruba muslim vs yoruba christian faultlines. grin

Are you sure you are not a yoruba muslim pretender? grin

The only people I know sensitive about religion when called out are yorubas. They want us to talk about SE Igbo vs SS Igbo, but don't want us to talk about yoruba muslims vs yoruba christian. grin

1 Share

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by naIraiaND: 1:08pm On Oct 03, 2018
Dudeweedlmao:

Your name is Nairaland? Hows that possible? Did you buy the name from seun?

Nah sharp man I be nah!
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by saintandsinnerz: 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2018
Thebabenextdoor:

Are you even sure that person is Igbo. U know sometime some of this monikers(whoever is behind them) will come online to say some thrash, very different from how the average igbo person reasons, and want to create an illusion that they represent igbos. Very suspicious.
Igbos don't care about yorubas. They really didn't support the guy before, and I don't think they still do now
I didn't see where the guy claimed he was Igbo. So where are you coming from?
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by hush15: 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2018
FarahAideed:
I hope you know Tinubu is the brain begin Visionscape and Hi tech construction

Dont mind them, they giving all sort of excuses. when he was projecting the partyt in limelight, thry didnt fanthom all these o.

whatever, nobody is perfect and for whatever reason, it doesnt justify the violence, unfairness and inequality shown. i just hope lagosians fight for what is right.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by madridsta007(m): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2018
otherway:
Why Lagosians switched loyalty from Ambode to Sanwoolu.

Ambode with no political clout, no political base was chosen and backed by the entire party structure against a Jimi Agbaje, a heavy weight. Fashola campaigned and toured the state with him, Fashola singled-handedly ran the campaign..I read about the Ikorodu and Mushin rally.

Fashola took him round the state and made sure Jimi Agbaje with the Fed might was defeated. Fashola despite the beef between them, despite the fact that Supo Shasore his candidate lost at the primaries put the party first and ensure Ambode was successful.

Rather than acknowledged his predecessor, he started a campaign of calumny against him, releasing documents to tarnish his image. He went after contractors, abandoned some projects. Party elders intervened oga no listen..He must ruin Fashola.

-Removed Oresanya LAWMA boss, sacked LASAA boss, sacked LAMATA boss, disorganized LASEB, disorganized LAWMA, public works, changed KAI to LAGESC. Oga calm down, he no listen.

-Sacked over 25000 staff of Lawma in one day and introduced visionscape that was dead on arrival.

-Sacked Alausa Chaplain because wife was not first to take holy communion.

-Increased Toll fees and property tax.

-Treating electorates with disdain. No communication and accessible.

-Abandoning the Lagos healthcare plan.

-Dilapidated infrastructure.

-Unconcern to traffic gridlock

-Disengaged almost 300 health volunteers who have put five years of their lifetime into volunteering for Lagos state primary healthcare system. Stepped into data gathering and management. They have become experts in the data system. Sack them just because FASHOLA recruited them.

-Nobody could reach him to advise him.
Till today Oga Ade is yet to provide land for National Housing project despite Fashola's plea as minister of Housing.. 30 states have.

-He is personally vindictive of anyone that criticizes him.

-He threw the mother of the former National Legal adviser out of his house because he opposed him.

-He threw more that 5000 street sweeper and refuse worker off their job gave to a new company Lagos was spending N300m on waste now it N930m yet the whole place is dirty,

-His commissioners can not call. He does not pick calls except he calls them.

-Projects they send to him are only approved if his cronies are given the jobs even when they are not qualified since they did not bid.

-He has only constructed One bridge at Abule-egba and has massive road projects, what of housing, what of health, what of school, what of job/employment creation.

-The flood and traffic in Lagos and pot holes everywhere is because as the practice he refused to release fund for drain clearance since he does not have cronies willing to do it,

-He gave all the road projects to one contractor that is now over whelmed.

-Lagos exco meeting used to take 12 hrs and continue next day but now its 3-4 hours because he listens to no idea or arguments, all he say is "who is Governor".

-Lagos is about continuity so why abandon all the projects left by Fashola like Badagry express way, the Light rail Project, Housing projects....Fashola gave jobs to party members depending on their competency.

-Fashola never used siren but Ambode closes road if he wants to pass causing pains and traffic.

-He has made himself governor of Epe while he did commendable well in touching Epe his home town, but it was too lopsided and he and his cronies flaunt it.

-Removal of Commissioner Ganiyu Johnson (works) TP Anifiwose (Physical planning) because they disagreed with him on a process. They are party men since 1999, building the party, people and policies, he joined APC in July 2014

-At logger heads with all party elders on whose shoulder he was hoisted on us in 2014. A lot more i hear but i will stop here......Now it is not TINUBU, it's the party elders and members and for growth of our party they said let's go for primaries.

Let nobody pity him cos he is the architect of his problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G46OldE0Q6U

The info written above was gathered from the dailies and various credible sources and they are verifiable.

Funny people.
If Tinubu reverses his decision and backs Ambode this same fellow will wield his pen to draft, "Why Lagosians Support Ambode and Tinubu's Decision to Back Him: Continuity Matters".

Hypocrites with no mind of their own.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by ajl: 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2018
Mr Poster, which Lagosians are you referring to?. The zombies that called themselves party members who have no mind of their or the masses on the streets of Lagos?

Individual above really snatched the words out of my mouth. cheesy
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by boyjo: 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2018
gaby:
I've mentioned it before that for a gang-up such as this to be almost 100% successful, Ambode must have been a terrible person to an extent.

Oga, he disbanded LAWMA, to Lagosians like me, this is unforgivable.
How can you sack LAWMA??
Na wa o.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by SoNature(m): 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2018
Aufbauh:
I concur absolutely. Unfortunately ignorant non lagosians and anti Tinubu's elements are propagating a different narrative of Godfatherism effect.

Oh, shut it, you shameless one!

I remember how you people were attacking whoever criticised Ambode

Suddenly, you all want him out just because one man is fed up

The article focused on the ills of Ambode without mentioning how he has done so much in Lagos in three years

Show me that man who has ruled as governor without faults

Hypocrisy must be a Nigerian!
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by boyjo: 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2018
Lyoncrescent:
I can testify to the removal of ganiyu Johnson the former commissioner of works. You can read hisprofile. This man is a thorough engineer and very good. He was the brain behind the Berger project design and the various laybys we saw in the beginning of Ambodes regime. The guy was very good as an engineer and planner but ambode for some reason got rid of him

Don`t listen to naysayers.
Lagosians are no fools.
Sanwo-Olu for Governor joor.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by jaxxy(m): 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
vickylincon:

If he didn’t offend them he wudnt even need them to cover up cos he wud have used the working structure of fashola to make better progress in the state. He shut down a complete Working system without any perfect replacement to fill the vacuum. Fashola put his differences aside and campaigned all over Lagos for this ingrate.

If u do the right thing people will naturally gravitate to you and vice versa. That’s what happened btwn with fashola and Ambode.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Felixv: 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
Why would the survey fee be increase to 1M at osa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Receives Cameroonian Military Commander (Photos) / Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Nasiru Haladu Danu Is Sponsor Of Pro-Buhari Protest In New York - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.