Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Anyone Wants To Learn How To Start Affiliate Marketing Business In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Anyone Wants To Learn How To Start Affiliate Marketing Business In Nigeria? (431 Views)

Why You Need To Leave Every Other Businesses And Start Affiliate Marketing Now. / Easy Online Business -affiliate Marketing Business A Sure Way To Internet Wealth / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Wants To Learn How To Start Affiliate Marketing Business In Nigeria? by dapsdiary(m): 4:41am On Oct 03, 2018

Download a copy of my new ebook for free using this link: https://dapsdigital.com/affiliate-commission

We all have that dream life we crave dearly!
To wake up in the morning flip your laptop open and see alerts…
It’s simple – passive income!
Simply making money while you roll on your bed.
For 99% of people living this life started out with affiliate marketing.

Probably you have heard of Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria and it’s something you have not been able to wrap your head around.
You have heard or seen some big boys on the internet or business space telling you how huge they have earned through Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria and you have envied them.

Funny enough majority if these big boys earn money from the comfort of their own homes.
It look as though it’s impossible to get this done, relax buddy! It’s as easy as slicing a cake neatly.

In this article, I am going to explain exactly what is Affiliate Marketing, how it works, some existing programs that you can take immediate advantage from and how to go about it like a pro.

Isn’t that cool? So let’s get started immediately to see exactly how this work.

What Is Affiliate Marketing?
One of the best definition of Affiliate Marketing I found is Patt Flynn’s Smart Passive Income:

Affiliate Marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale you make.

To simplify it in bullets:

Find a product/service you like,
Promote it to you audience and,
You earn a profit or commission from the product owner for every sake you make.
According to Wikipedia

Affiliate Marketing is a type of performance-based marketing, in which a business rewards one or more Affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts. The industry has four core players: the Merchant (also known as ‘retailer’ or ‘brand’), the Network (that contains offers for the affiliate to choose from and also takes care of the payments), the Publisher (also known as ‘the Affiliate’), and the Customer.

Simplifying this for better understanding:

Wikipedia talks about 4 different parties that are involved: the Merchant, the Network, the Publisher, and the Customer:

Merchant:
This is the owner or the creator of the product/service. This could be any product ranging from physical products like (Jewelry) or even digital products (eBook). Anyone offering a product online for sales is a Merchant and most serious Merchants will likely be open to get Affiliates on his blog or website.

Publisher:
This is someone always called an Affiliate, he simply takes a product link from a merchant and promote it to his own audience, thereby sending traffic (Leads) to the Merchant’s website – to make sales and earn commission/profits.

Network:
This is a platform where both Merchants and Affiliates co exist. Merchants signup to list all their products in their affiliate program and Affiliates see these, pick up offers appealing to them. These platforms always stand as a third-party between the Merchant and Affiliate especially with ensuring due payments and satisfaction of both parties.

Customer:
Anyone who makes a purchase from the Merchant through the Affiliate is known to be a Customer. I always call them the most important party because without them, there aren’t any commission or revenue to be made.

Affiliate Marketing Disclosure
As at 2018 it is expected that every Affiliate should disclose the relationship they have with a Merchant and let customers know they are part of an affiliate marketing system, but sincerely most Affiliates don’t. Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria is getting big and we must start operating on a global scale.

What Affiliate Marketers do is to keep the tracking system in the background, customer can follow the purchase process like his own. For example: I can advertise a product on Jumia to you, promote it as though I own it and I give you a link to buy and I earn a commission without you knowing. It’s not much of a big deal anyway, but I think transparency keeps relationships that can close more deals in the future.

Personally, I will simply advise Affiliate Marketers to be transparent to potential customers and I will let you know why I strongly hold on to this in the cause of this article.

How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?

Let’s assume you have a website that you drive traffic to through your marketing efforts online to make sales. It could be through Google, organic traffic, social media etc.

What happen is that marketers usually get exhausted. They may exhaust sales on generated traffic, or run out on ideas on how to keep marketing campaign going.

In this scenario the best thing this companies do is to outsource sales to other affiliate members who has potential buyers of the products. And of-course share the revenue. In this case it is usually a win-win for both parties. Both the Merchant and Affiliate makes sales in passive income.

This is what Merchants do to sort sales:
They will give Affiliates a “unique link” through which Customer visits.

Usually the format for affiliate links look like this:
www.anywebsite.com?affiliate=1 (Affiliate 1)
www.anywebsite.com?affiliate=2 (Affiliate 2)

The part after the “?” in the URL is a unique ID and this is what the Merchant use to track which Affiliate sends him the sale and then he makes necessary commission as agreed.

Here is what it should look like:

In the picture above. Affiliate 1 and Affiliate 2 both sent traffic to the website www.anywebsite.com but for some reasons the only sale made was through Affiliate 1

The website owner will be able to track the unique ID through the tag; “affiliate=1”.

He then sends commission to the Affiliate through a pre-arranged payment methods.

affiliate marketing in nigeria

What we must note again is that most affiliate programs do not pay based on “per-click” but “per-sale” basis.

Few Affiliate Programs that works In Nigeria.
Before now, Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria seem to be a hard knot to crack because of the “trust issues” most foreign affiliate network programs have in Nigerians.

Nigerians suffered: complete omission of Nigeria from the list of accepted countries for most Affiliate Programs. Clickbank still will not accept Nigerians today, talk less of Paypal.

The Inability to find a suitable payment method for Nigerians, made it look impossible to do Affiliate business beyond the shores of the country.

Now?

The story is different, thanks to services like Payoneer, Skrill, etc. Nigerians can now receive earnings easily from these Affiliate Programs. This is the simple reason why majority of Affiliate Marketers make huge profit from this online model.

The challenge with most Nigerians is the ability to find good Affiliate Programs. Here are a little few you should consider:

Affiliate Programs In Nigeria
There are quite a hand-full of Affiliate programs in Nigeria today with amazing commissions, I know quite a few people who are basically Affiliate members with Jumia and Konga and they make millions in sales.

Jumia Affiliate program:
Jumia affiliate program can be everything a blogger or website owner needs to make it big if he/she knows how to go about it. In fact, you can turn your website or blog into a money-making machine. All that is required of you is to drive traffic to Jumia online store by choosing from their thousands of products to advertise to customers and make money when your visitors buy from them.

Konga affiliate program:
With over hundred thousand available products waiting to be promoted, Konga affiliate program is actually one affiliate program that should be considered.

Reputed for paying, its 9% commission on every product is capable of earning you some fortune.

Interestingly, you actually don’t need anything to get started with Konga affiliate.

Wakanow affiliate program:
Wakanow.com Limited is Africa’s leading online travel companies. And its affiliate program is designed to enable travel agencies and individuals who engage in selling travel products to make big profits by selling highly discounted Wakanow travel products (flight, hotels, airport pick-ups, tour packages etc) to their customers.

Web4africa Affiliate Program:

Web4africa has headquarter based in Ghana, deals on professional reseller and shared web hosting on Linux and Windows platforms.

They offer an affordable domain name registration and e-commerce solutions for Africans and the world at large.

To finish reading this very useful piece, visit: https://dapsdigital.com/-nigeria/
Re: Anyone Wants To Learn How To Start Affiliate Marketing Business In Nigeria? by dapsdiary(m): 6:40am On Oct 03, 2018
dapsdiary:

Download a copy of my new ebook for free using this link: https://dapsdigital.com/affiliate-commission

We all have that dream life we crave dearly!
To wake up in the morning flip your laptop open and see alerts…
It’s simple – passive income!
Simply making money while you roll on your bed.
For 99% of people living this life started out with affiliate marketing.

Probably you have heard of Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria and it’s something you have not been able to wrap your head around.
You have heard or seen some big boys on the internet or business space telling you how huge they have earned through Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria and you have envied them.

Funny enough majority if these big boys earn money from the comfort of their own homes.
It look as though it’s impossible to get this done, relax buddy! It’s as easy as slicing a cake neatly.

In this article, I am going to explain exactly what is Affiliate Marketing, how it works, some existing programs that you can take immediate advantage from and how to go about it like a pro.

Isn’t that cool? So let’s get started immediately to see exactly how this work.

What Is Affiliate Marketing?
One of the best definition of Affiliate Marketing I found is Patt Flynn’s Smart Passive Income:

Affiliate Marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale you make.

To simplify it in bullets:

Find a product/service you like,
Promote it to you audience and,
You earn a profit or commission from the product owner for every sake you make.
According to Wikipedia

Affiliate Marketing is a type of performance-based marketing, in which a business rewards one or more Affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts. The industry has four core players: the Merchant (also known as ‘retailer’ or ‘brand’), the Network (that contains offers for the affiliate to choose from and also takes care of the payments), the Publisher (also known as ‘the Affiliate’), and the Customer.

Simplifying this for better understanding:

Wikipedia talks about 4 different parties that are involved: the Merchant, the Network, the Publisher, and the Customer:

Merchant:
This is the owner or the creator of the product/service. This could be any product ranging from physical products like (Jewelry) or even digital products (eBook). Anyone offering a product online for sales is a Merchant and most serious Merchants will likely be open to get Affiliates on his blog or website.

Publisher:
This is someone always called an Affiliate, he simply takes a product link from a merchant and promote it to his own audience, thereby sending traffic (Leads) to the Merchant’s website – to make sales and earn commission/profits.

Network:
This is a platform where both Merchants and Affiliates co exist. Merchants signup to list all their products in their affiliate program and Affiliates see these, pick up offers appealing to them. These platforms always stand as a third-party between the Merchant and Affiliate especially with ensuring due payments and satisfaction of both parties.

Customer:
Anyone who makes a purchase from the Merchant through the Affiliate is known to be a Customer. I always call them the most important party because without them, there aren’t any commission or revenue to be made.

Affiliate Marketing Disclosure
As at 2018 it is expected that every Affiliate should disclose the relationship they have with a Merchant and let customers know they are part of an affiliate marketing system, but sincerely most Affiliates don’t. Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria is getting big and we must start operating on a global scale.

What Affiliate Marketers do is to keep the tracking system in the background, customer can follow the purchase process like his own. For example: I can advertise a product on Jumia to you, promote it as though I own it and I give you a link to buy and I earn a commission without you knowing. It’s not much of a big deal anyway, but I think transparency keeps relationships that can close more deals in the future.

Personally, I will simply advise Affiliate Marketers to be transparent to potential customers and I will let you know why I strongly hold on to this in the cause of this article.

How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?

Let’s assume you have a website that you drive traffic to through your marketing efforts online to make sales. It could be through Google, organic traffic, social media etc.

What happen is that marketers usually get exhausted. They may exhaust sales on generated traffic, or run out on ideas on how to keep marketing campaign going.

In this scenario the best thing this companies do is to outsource sales to other affiliate members who has potential buyers of the products. And of-course share the revenue. In this case it is usually a win-win for both parties. Both the Merchant and Affiliate makes sales in passive income.

This is what Merchants do to sort sales:
They will give Affiliates a “unique link” through which Customer visits.

Usually the format for affiliate links look like this:
www.anywebsite.com?affiliate=1 (Affiliate 1)
www.anywebsite.com?affiliate=2 (Affiliate 2)

The part after the “?” in the URL is a unique ID and this is what the Merchant use to track which Affiliate sends him the sale and then he makes necessary commission as agreed.

Here is what it should look like:

In the picture above. Affiliate 1 and Affiliate 2 both sent traffic to the website www.anywebsite.com but for some reasons the only sale made was through Affiliate 1

The website owner will be able to track the unique ID through the tag; “affiliate=1”.

He then sends commission to the Affiliate through a pre-arranged payment methods.

affiliate marketing in nigeria

What we must note again is that most affiliate programs do not pay based on “per-click” but “per-sale” basis.

Few Affiliate Programs that works In Nigeria.
Before now, Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria seem to be a hard knot to crack because of the “trust issues” most foreign affiliate network programs have in Nigerians.

Nigerians suffered: complete omission of Nigeria from the list of accepted countries for most Affiliate Programs. Clickbank still will not accept Nigerians today, talk less of Paypal.

The Inability to find a suitable payment method for Nigerians, made it look impossible to do Affiliate business beyond the shores of the country.

Now?

The story is different, thanks to services like Payoneer, Skrill, etc. Nigerians can now receive earnings easily from these Affiliate Programs. This is the simple reason why majority of Affiliate Marketers make huge profit from this online model.

The challenge with most Nigerians is the ability to find good Affiliate Programs. Here are a little few you should consider:

Affiliate Programs In Nigeria
There are quite a hand-full of Affiliate programs in Nigeria today with amazing commissions, I know quite a few people who are basically Affiliate members with Jumia and Konga and they make millions in sales.

Jumia Affiliate program:
Jumia affiliate program can be everything a blogger or website owner needs to make it big if he/she knows how to go about it. In fact, you can turn your website or blog into a money-making machine. All that is required of you is to drive traffic to Jumia online store by choosing from their thousands of products to advertise to customers and make money when your visitors buy from them.

Konga affiliate program:
With over hundred thousand available products waiting to be promoted, Konga affiliate program is actually one affiliate program that should be considered.

Reputed for paying, its 9% commission on every product is capable of earning you some fortune.

Interestingly, you actually don’t need anything to get started with Konga affiliate.

Wakanow affiliate program:
Wakanow.com Limited is Africa’s leading online travel companies. And its affiliate program is designed to enable travel agencies and individuals who engage in selling travel products to make big profits by selling highly discounted Wakanow travel products (flight, hotels, airport pick-ups, tour packages etc) to their customers.

Web4africa Affiliate Program:

Web4africa has headquarter based in Ghana, deals on professional reseller and shared web hosting on Linux and Windows platforms.

They offer an affordable domain name registration and e-commerce solutions for Africans and the world at large.

To finish reading this very useful piece, visit: https://dapsdigital.com/-nigeria/

If you have any issue downloading my ebook, kindly let me know here so that I can be of assistance.

Start crushing affiliate marketing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Online Readind News And Sharing Post / Tell someone to tell someone / Dad, I Used My School Fees To Play Bet9ja & I Won 25M Naira – What Would You Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.