Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND (1234 Views)

Bode George: If We Can’t Unify PDP, No Guarantee Atiku Will Unite Nigeria / We’ll Rebuild, Unite Nigeria - Tambuwal Vows / "Atiku Can Unite Nigeria" - Wike And Atiku Reconcile Ahead Of 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by thunder74(m): 8:41am On Oct 03, 2018
Dear Seun,

I joined Nairaland sometimes in 2007, about 11 years ago, and I think I am qualified to give this advice.

The rate at which youth abuse themselves, their tribes, ethnicity, and religion is worrisome and if we continue like this, we may not have a country to continue to call our own anytime soon.

My suggestion is that the moderators should ban any member that refer to anybody here as yeroba, Igbos etc or any other derogatory names that suggest insults to any particular tribe or people.

You can unite and begin to heal the Nation in your own little way.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:43am On Oct 03, 2018
grin
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by KendrickAyomide: 8:49am On Oct 03, 2018
Seun
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by LuciferKristi: 8:52am On Oct 03, 2018

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by gidgiddy: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2018
thunder74:
Dear Ṣeun,

I joined Nairaland sometimes in 2007, about 11 years ago, and I think I am qualified to give this advice.

The rate at which youth abuse themselves, their tribes, ethnicity, and religion is worrisome and if we continue like this, we may not have a country to continue to call our own anytime soon.

My suggestion is that the moderators should ban any member that refer to anybody here as yeroba, Igbos etc or any other derogatory names that suggest insults to any particular tribe or people.

Thank you.

Mr man, go and sleep if you have nothing to say. Unity is not something that is forced. If people don't like each other, then they dont like each other. It is not the job of Lord Lugard to give you your nation. If you want a nation, then go with people you get along with. Not to be shouting 'one Nigeria' expecting everyone to love each other when that is not the reality on the ground. Everybody has freedom of expression, it should not be censored so that you can give the fraudulent impression that Nigerians love each other or even want to be together

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by fergie001: 8:58am On Oct 03, 2018
Seun,we are waiting for your submission in the OP's request which is in line with the thoughts of most NLers......
This is not a time to keep quiet,unless you enjoy it...Speak Up

5 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by fergie001: 8:58am On Oct 03, 2018
Seun,we are waiting for your submission on the OP's request which is in line with the thoughts of most NLers......
This is not a time to keep quiet,unless you enjoy it...Speak Up

1 Like

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by GraGra247(m): 9:03am On Oct 03, 2018
Seconded! nairaland and it's administrators are consciously and deliberately allowing tribal wars on this forum to thrive because of their dislike for secessionists.

I have observed as hatred between Ibos and Yorubas that never existed has been allowed to grow right from this forum till its penetrating the larger society.

This can easily be stopped by nairaland admin if they decide and its not yet late as at this date.

5 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by nzeobi(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2018
thank you OP.

nairaland has shown that Nigerians are not united and still divided along tribal or ethnic lines I.e that is why you see names likeFlatinos, cone heads, Afonja, s, Yoruba Muslim's.
nairaland has also shown that Nigerians have the highest number of hypocrites take a look at those defending the osun rerun scam and those still supporting their oppressors just to spite their fellow Nigerians even when they have nothing to gain.
nairaland should also stop posting news and pictures of all this fake and broke celebrities but rather things that people can learn from.
people should verify their accounts with their facebook, thats the only way you will see people make sensible contributions.

2 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by Dreambeat: 9:07am On Oct 03, 2018
Unity is not by force How can you unite with someone who does not share the same values,goals and aspirations with you.It's practically impossible.

5 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by whitebeard(m): 9:15am On Oct 03, 2018
[quote author=LuciferKristi post=71739671] [img]https://media./images/cef3c9193318a884020a3063f784b08e/tenor.gif[/img][/quote grin my exact reaction]
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by yazach: 9:26am On Oct 03, 2018
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by horsepower101: 9:35am On Oct 03, 2018
What the op is trying to do is to create a false sense of unity when our reality doesn’t reflect that.

Seun has tried everything possible to stop people from being tribal but he had failed woefully because nairaland truely reflects Nigeria and Nigerians mindset.

5 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by BankeSmalls(f): 9:40am On Oct 03, 2018
horsepower101:
What the op is trying to do is to create a false sense of unity when our reality doesn’t reflect that.

Seun has tried everything possible to stop people from being tribal but he had failed woefully because nairaland truely reflects Nigeria and Nigerians mindset.

FACT

5 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by Oilwell(m): 9:46am On Oct 03, 2018
thunder74:
Dear Ṣeun,

Thank you.

I also joined Nairaland in 2007, then it was matured, insightful comments and contributions but in 2018 it has been turned to a war zone.

CC
Seun
Mynd44
Farano
lalasticlala
honsule
puskin
dragnet

4 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by lastmessenger: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2018
Remove the e fights and nairaland becomes very boring. Only conheads, afonjas and Yoruba Muslims are allowed to quote me. Thanks to all ipob flat. hea. ds and almajiris for your corporation

1 Like

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by anibirelawal(m): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2018
Seriously speaking
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by thunder74(m): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2018
gidgiddy:

Mr man, go and sleep if you have nothing to say. Unity is not something that is forced. If people don't like each other, then they dont like each other. It is not the job of Lord Lugard to give you your nation. If you want a nation, then go with people you get along with. Not to be shouting 'one Nigeria' expecting everyone to love each other when that is not the reality on the ground. Everybody has freedom of expression, it should not be censored so that you can give the fraudulent impression that Nigerians love each other or even want to be together
Sorry Bro if you are offended by the post, my intention is to see how we can make this country great.

Our fathers fought this same tribal war and this is how far they can lead us. Must we continue from where they stopped?

Despite our hatred for each other, how far has it helped us? Until a time that the country is divided, this is the only country we have and we may still likely leave behind for our children.

The irony of the whole thing is that we are only fighting mental wars especially with people we have never met and just assume they are not from our tribe.

America is great today because of her diversity. Nigeria has the potential of being great if we rely on our natural diversity also.

If I ask you now that what has any Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa man did to you personally to offend you, your answer is likely to be a rhetoric of what your fore-generation told you about them.

I was born by a Yorùbá parents from Ogun State, married a beautiful lady from the East and served the Nation in the North, where I hold a chieftancy title, I have seen that No tribe is bad or preach evil, it is the individuals that are bad.

Any bad trait you see in other tribes today are also available in your tribe too. Let us love not hate.

1 Like

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by gmaribel(m): 10:12am On Oct 03, 2018
There is a lot Seun can do to sanitize Nairaland without necessary stiffing free speech.

2 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by potterdon: 10:33am On Oct 03, 2018
Ah u want to spoil show for seun grin and every Apc /almajari miscreant on nairaland

1 Like

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by ednut1(m): 10:41am On Oct 03, 2018
U cannot unite lions,leopards and hyena. U ban them they create new profiles. Nothing seun can do. The average nigerian lik iya risi in the market, clement in PH bus park or the farmer in benue doesnt know what nairaland is. So unity cannot come from here

1 Like

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 03, 2018
Oilwell:

I also joined Nairaland in 2007, then it was matured, insightful comments and contributions but in 2018 it has been turned to a war zone.

CC
Seun
Mynd44
Farano
lalasticlala
honsule
puskin
dragnet
Too many kids and irrational personalities.

Sometimes I keep my opinions to myself because people will mention u and insult u for having a different opinion to theirs.
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by gidgiddy: 11:25am On Oct 03, 2018
thunder74:

Sorry Bro if you are offended by the post, my intention is to see how we can make this country great.

Our fathers fought this same tribal war and this is how far they can lead us. Must we continue from where they stopped?

Despite our hatred for each other, how far has it helped us? Until a time that the country is divided, this is the only country we have and we may still likely leave behind for our children.

The irony of the whole thing is that we are only fighting mental wars especially with people we have never met and just assume they are not from our tribe.

America is great today because of her diversity. Nigeria has the potential of being great if we rely on our natural diversity also.

If I ask you now that what has any Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa man did to you personally to offend you, your answer is likely to be a rhetoric of what your fore-generation told you about them.

I was born by a Yorùbá parents from Ogun State, married a beautiful lady from the East and served the Nation in the North, where I hold a chieftancy title, I have seen that No tribe is bad or preach evil, it is the individuals that are bad.

Any bad trait you see in other tribes today are also available in your tribe too. Let us love not hate.

You still don't get it. You don't get a country or nation just because Lugard came in 1914 to force everyone into Nigeria at gun point. That's not how it works. The ethnic groups who were forced in the colonial country called Nigeria have to be asked if they want to continue with it, especially those who have fought and agitated to leave Nigeria such as Igbos. There is no point talking about a great and progressive Nigeria in a situation where some people feel like they are being held against their will.

Unity in diversity only means something if the people have agreed to work together to be a nation like the Americans did.

Before we talk about a great Nigeria, we must first ask who wants to be a Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by Daviddson(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2018
I have mentioned Seun countless times about this same issue. But I think, recently there has been direct action on this which can be seen by the huge number of deleted posts one sees nowadays on this board. I think one of the solutions rests on having more mods; I can't imagine that Myynd44 is only person moderating this board.
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by odogwu125: 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2018
Awolowo sowed the seed of tribalism long ago

1 Like

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by gidgiddy: 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
If you need Nairaland to unite Nigeria then it means you have no unity

2 Likes

Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by mbos: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
Dreambeat:
Unity is not by force How can you unite with someone who does not share the same values,goals and aspirations with you.It's practically impossible.

Dont Mind them, they think Biafrans are like them.

Let him keep saying "So No To Separatist"

As if we Biafrans care... The youths of the contraption now believe their future and progress is based on separation, without which there will certainly be no prosperity.

ARABA
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by orisa37: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
IPOB is an Organisation so you can't stop anyone using it. Yelobba is meaningless and silly. The Igbos by Lord Lugard are vulgar, wreckless and disloyal race. It is up to the Igbos to learn some manners.
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by dometome: 4:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
thunder74:

unity in diversity scam
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by Turantula(m): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
Hahaha! Unity my left ball. So that the status quo will continue forever - "Monkey they work bamboo dey whack". Everybody should go his or her way O. Fulanis can go back to Futa jalon
Re: SEUN, PLEASE UNITE NIGERIA WITH NAIRALAND by Gengetiele: 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2018
gidgiddy:

Where do you keep your brain this man?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Minister Osita Chidoka Confirms He Did Not Complete Any Road Poject / The Yoruba's Definition Of Restructuring / You Must Go To Prison - 'mad Man' Tells Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.