Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 (7642 Views)

Neat Infiniti FX35 09/010 / Between Infinity Fx35 And Honda Accord Coupe 2008 Which Do You Think I Should Ge / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by Alexgbodi: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2018
Please house what is the difference between Infiniti FX35 and Fx45.
This Infiniti FX35 or Fx45 do they have big or small engine. Someone whispered it to my ears that SUV Jeep with big engine are expensive to maintain.
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by Almaiga: 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
Alexgbodi:
This Infiniti FX35 or Fx45 do they have big or small engine. Someone whispered it to my ears that SUV Jeep with big engine are expensive to maintain.

The FX35 has a V6 Engine while, the FX45 has a V8 Engine.

9 Likes

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2018
Alexgbodi:

3.5L V6, 4.5L.
Both are gas guzzlers. The FX35 is a guzzler even with the premium fuel that's recommended, and it's much worse with our fuel here.

The FX45 is, well... grin grin
Let's just say your fuel budget for the month should be 40k+ if you do any considerable driving.

1 Like

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by wane01(m): 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

3.5L V6, 4.5L.
Both are gas guzzlers. The FX35 is a guzzler even with the premium fuel that's recommended, and it's much worse with our fuel here.

Let's just say your fuel budget for the month should be 40k+ if you do any considerable driving.
The fx45 comes with alloy rim and 22inch while the fx35 has the normal smaller rims..
Ill advise you go for the fx45 .. Deeper exhaust growl.. sprint time.. well balanced tires { assuming you're comfy with fuel consumption rate}
Ave noticed the fx45 is less seen than the 35
I own the fx45

10 Likes

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by dru23(m): 1:57am On Oct 05, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

3.5L V6, 4.5L.

Ha those fx45 and fx35 must use better oil by all means ..omo those engines can cost an arm and a leg ...better oil and coolant is a must for those cars...also premium gas is needed.. Well we call it gas in Yankee, ur guys call it fuel.. Either which way good gas , Mobil oil and good coolant is a must ..good cars ,for naija I will rather go for Highlander ...the fx35 and fx45 needs a special mechanic o ...
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by diportivo: 5:31am On Oct 05, 2018
wane01:

The fx45 comes with alloy rim and 22inch while the fx35 has the normal smaller rims..
Ill advise you go for the fx45 .. Deeper exhaust growl.. sprint time.. well balanced tires { assuming you're comfy with fuel consumption rate}
I own the fx45

I have never seen an infiniti with normal rim before

be it small or big...heck,the Infiniti G20 that's a glorified P10 primera sef get alloy grin

standard wheels on the 35 and 45 was/is 20 inch

only the Sebastian vettel version in 2010 or 11 had the 21 inch rim

6 Likes

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 05, 2018
diportivo:

be it small or big...heck,the Infiniti G20 that's a glorified P10 primera sef get alloy grin

Sebastine Vettel kwa? Wetin consign Vettel with infiniti?
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:51am On Oct 05, 2018
dru23:

Ha those fx45 and fx35 must use better oil by all means ..omo those engines can cost an arm and a leg ...better oil and coolant is a must for those cars...also premium gas is needed.. Well we call it gas in Yankee, ur guys call it fuel.. Either which way good gas , Mobil oil and good coolant is a must ..good cars ,for naija I will rather go for Highlander ...the fx35 and fx45 needs a special mechanic o ...

The VQ35DE isn't particularly expensive.
And the Highlander and FX35 are completely different kinds of cars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:53am On Oct 05, 2018
diportivo:

No idea what that guy is on about. There's literally an FX35 parked right in front of my house almost all the time. Alloy wheels.
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by wane01(m): 7:03am On Oct 05, 2018
diportivo:

Nope...
The infiniti fx45 comes standard with an alloyed 20inch while the fx35 takes 18inch ..
A friend of mine had to trade in his wheels after noticing the difference..
Am not sure but I think the fx45 was replaced with fx50 in 2009 or so..
Sorry I wrote 22inch earlier
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by wane01(m): 7:06am On Oct 05, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

No idea what that guy is on about. There's literally an FX35 parked right in front of my house almost all the time. Alloy wheels.
Alloyed wheels are optional.. The two however don't have same size...
The 35 is quite popular around here.. Check either Jiji or olx
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by dru23(m): 7:28am On Oct 05, 2018
[quote author=HeavenlyBang post=71795632]

The VQ35DE isn't particularly expensive.
And the Highlander and FX35 are completely different kinds of cars.

Yes am aware that they are two complete different cars... but when u factor in the Nigerian factor eg maintenance factor ..the highlander fully loaded or not will be a lot easier to maintain than fx35 or fx45.. The Nigerian fuel will easily in due time damage the fx35 and ,fx45 ..those cars require high grade fuel.. Well people that drive in naija might say my car is fine.. I will tell them for now yes.. It is just a matter of time ..to me those engines are expensive.. And to get a good mechanic is another story on its own ...Me personally I will advice people not to buy those cars naija used , na the person that buy am used go suffer the most likely....
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by nurey(m): 8:30am On Oct 05, 2018
[quote author=dru23 post=71796396][/quote]

I don't know about the V8 fx45 but the fx35 is an ok vehicle and most people who have issues is always electrical not mechanical. The fx35 requires original 100 amps battery nothing less, can manage on our rubbish petrol after all the VQ35DE is fitted to more than 10 nissan vehicle line up,also 20inch standard.

Then comparing a fx to highlander haba the lexus Rx base to base the fx beats it in luxury. in fact the fx has no trim it's luxury luxury and additional luxury all the way but Rx has poor man's trim, middle class trim, noise makers trim grin

9 Likes

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by Nostradamus: 8:26am On Oct 31, 2018
Physical appearance nko?i know one infiniti look muscular and sophisticated.abeg someone should post pictures of the two and also price.

1 Like

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2018
Nostradamus:
Physical appearance nko?i know one infiniti look muscular and sophisticated.abeg someone should post pictures of the two and also price.

FX35 and FX35 look pretty much the same, just slight differences, I believe.

You're probably looking at the facelifted versions (2006, I think).
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by TRYGO(m): 9:23am On Oct 31, 2018
both are nice cars. Fx35 has a V6 setup, whilst the fx45 has a v8.

In terms of fuel consumption, I can't tell though. but my M45(VK45 engine), similar to fx45, does consume fuel, more in city driving than on journeys. main reason I got the car was because of its fuel economy on long distance trips.

you won't feel the fuel consumption on trips. but its in heavy traffic like Lagos, that it tells on you.
if you eventually go for the v8, you can plan your routes to avoid incessant traffic idling.
I like the sporty sound of the fx45/m45 so much.

mind you, the m45 I got is a sedan car.
ensure you don't joke with the transmission fluids.

I used only Nissan matin J atf for the gearbox.
I had to recently overhaul my engine. replaced all the rings, conrod, and journal bearings myself.
use the right oil for the engine, and you'd get more mileage out of the car.

fx45 are not problematic as people would insinuates. its just that people always have the notion that v8 must be a fuel guzzler.

get the right mechanic you trust to have that beast maintained, if you chose the 45!

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(WhatsApp/call)
DW Nig Ltd
Lagos
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by TRYGO(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2018
dru23: I bought mine Nigerian used. it depends on the person you're buying from. the guy I bought mine from, told me everything he had done on the car, ranging from oil changes, body repairs, etc. in fact, I bought the car as a none runner. the car had an overheating problem, when he was returning from ikoyi(work).
since I was a mechanic that can fix such vehicles, got it towed to my shop, dismantled everything on that car, got to the root of the overheating, and decided just to overhauled the engine once and for all.
so, it depends on how truthful a previous owner would want to reveal such info to you. we ha e guys that maintained their vehicles as at when due. not all Nigerian used vehicles are Scrab!

9 Likes

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by TRYGO(m): 9:44am On Oct 31, 2018
That's my M45

1 Like

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by TRYGO(m): 9:48am On Oct 31, 2018
that's the assembled engine, after I had overhauled the engine. everything runs like new now. it coughs out about 340hp. but I don't exceed 100-120km/hr on trips. I like the muscular nature of the car.

5 Likes

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 31, 2018
TRYGO:
I bought mine Nigerian used. it depends on the person you're buying from. the guy I bought mine from, told me everything he had done on the car, ranging from oil changes, body repairs, etc. in fact, I bought the car as a none runner. the car had an overheating problem, when he was returning from ikoyi(work).
since I was a mechanic that can fix such vehicles, got it towed to my shop, dismantled everything on that car, got to the root of the overheating, and decided just to overhauled the engine once and for all.
so, it depends on how truthful a previous owner would want to reveal such info to you. we ha e guys that maintained their vehicles as at when due. not all Nigerian used vehicles are Scrab!
Nice one.
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by Witches: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2019
TRYGO:
that's the assembled engine, after I had overhauled the engine.
everything runs like new now.
it coughs out about 340hp. but I don't exceed 100-120km/hr on trips.
I like the muscular nature of the car.

Hi TRYGO,
What the total cost for the engine overhaul . A visit to the mechanic and my car has never remained the same. it usually off while on the way..Wat do you advise..It a 35.
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by TRYGO(m): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2019
@Witches. What exactly did you visit the mechanic shop for?
What were the issues you had? If it stalls in motion, there are slots that could cause that.
Do you have the service light lit on the dashboard?

The costs depends on what you really want. In my case, the oil pump, was still intact, including the timing chains, guides, and auto tensioners.

But since I had already dismantled the engine, I decided to replaced all the connecting rod bearings, crankshaft journal bearings, piston rings, and valve stem seals.

NB: I rebuilt the engine myself, so basically, cutting down a chunk of the costs.

You can contact me, by checking my signature.

Regards!
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by Witches: 9:16am On Oct 08, 2019
TRYGO:
@Witches. What exactly did you visit the mechanic shop for?
What were the issues you had? If it stalls in motion, there are slots that could cause that.
Do you have the service light lit on the dashboard?

The costs depends on what you really want. In my case, the oil pump, was still intact, including the timing chains, guides, and auto tensioners.

But since I had already dismantled the engine, I decided to replaced all the connecting rod bearings, crankshaft journal bearings, piston rings, and valve stem seals.

NB: I rebuilt the engine myself, so basically, cutting down a chunk of the costs.

You can contact me, by checking my signature.

Regards!

Thank You TRYGO .

Went to the mechanic to change oil after 1yr of not using the car. dat where the problem started.
i will contact you soon.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by 9icetoo(m): 10:19am On Oct 08, 2019
wane01:

Alloyed wheels are optional.. The two however don't have same size...
The 35 is quite popular around here.. Check either Jiji or olx
Bia enyia, this is car talk and not romance or politics section. If you don't know anything about cars, observe and learn. Infiniti is the luxury arm of Nissan and will not make alloy rim an option on their top of the range cuv. Be guided.
There's an fx35 wasting away in my compound and it has a massive 20inch rim. They come as standard. Be guided.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by TRYGO(m): 11:13am On Oct 08, 2019
9nicetoo. I wished I could get that ride. isn't the owner contemplating selling the car instead of rusting away?
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by RZArecta2(m): 11:36am On Oct 08, 2019
TRYGO:
9nicetoo. I wished I could get that ride. isn't the owner contemplating selling the car instead of rusting away?
baadt guy grin and to think I was practically begging everyone I know to buy off a clean FX35 for 1.3m last year but people were afraid of the car. Nice one though
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
The FX has a very undeserved bad reputation. You'll see people saying it has transmission issues and all when that 5-speed is one of the most resilient on the market.

I blame the Murano.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by 9icetoo(m): 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
TRYGO:
Will ask him. He isn't in Nigeria at the moment though. Even me dey eye the ride self. Lol
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by nurey(m): 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
The FX has a very undeserved bad reputation. You'll see people saying it has transmission issues and all when that 5-speed is one of the most resilient on the market.

I blame the Murano.

It isn't actually the Murano, I will blame Nigerians majorly. because some Nissan vehicles were bad at that time, any Nissan has transmission problem even if it's manual grin

same for Honda, because of Accord and those 4 speed transmission in the 97 to 04 accord you will hear all Honda has leg pull and transmission problem.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by ceeerock(m): 11:27pm On Oct 14, 2019
wane01:

I own the fx45
Please I need a good mechanic for my fx45. 07032256086
Re: Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 by TRYGO(m): 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2019
Ceerock. My contact details are in my signature.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OLX Cars: How To Detect Fraud / What Could Be Wrong With My Car? I Need Help. / Is The Use Of Halogen Bulb(white) As Car Headlamps Allowed By Frsc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.