Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information (5421 Views)

Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / 10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by BrandSpurNG: 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2018
I once had a Boss, let’s call her Boss A. She preferred information in a mail, even after you had communicated verbally. You had to give her updates via emails as well. With her, if it’s not written, it did not exist.

Another Boss, Boss B preferred you discussed information regarding work with her and only the important information worthy of note via mail. If you wanted her to look through any document, you had to speak with her first on the details, print the documents out hardcopy style for her perusal. That was what worked with her.

While for a Boss C, He was only interested in the summaries, and serious issues that you could not handle. With him, he only needed you to do your job and escalate when you notice things might likely go awry on a job.

With these 3 different Bosses A, B & C as a case in study, Boss A was the ‘mail Boss’. Boss B was the ‘relational and then mail’ type, while Boss C was the ‘get to the point, summarize, call me when you need me’ kind of boss.

Now imagine that I was printing Hardcopy documents to Boss A, the mail Boss. Or that I was sharing formal emails with Boss B, the relational Boss and that I was updating Boss C the ‘summarize it Boss’ on every detail of my work.

There sure would be a Hurricane Tsunami & Katrina at work!

There is a way your boss prefers to receive information and process them. Understand his style and work with it.

Your Boss could burst into the office on Monday morning asking you questions about Friday tasks and expects you to have answers to them, another boss will come in and settle down, then call you for a meeting on task updates. Your ability to understand how your boss prefers to receive information will put you ahead of other employees and away from worries. Understand and Master your Boss’ Communication Style. Understand what works with your Boss and align accordingly. That is Emotional intelligence.

Let’s discuss this, drop your comments below…

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/understand-clearly-how-your-boss-prefers-to-receive-information/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by Daniel058(m): 7:11am On Oct 04, 2018
Hmm
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by Brandler: 7:11am On Oct 04, 2018
In as much as it's great to communicate with everyone the way they want, it's also best to develop a CYA (Cover Your Ass's) when you dealing with your bosses. Always remember whatever is not written doesnt exist , we are all humans and we can forget things easily or sometimes deny things when it goes wrong. So a boss that forgot something you discussed verbally will have you to blame. What I always do that work for me back in the days and even now with customers is once I discuss details with you. I either send you a mail, a chat or text of our conversation ,

Just incase we do website designs and digital marketing

5 Likes

Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by vujebe(m): 7:12am On Oct 04, 2018

1 Like

Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by nony43(m): 7:13am On Oct 04, 2018
B
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by ashile(m): 7:13am On Oct 04, 2018
Very correct and true
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by eneyoduke(m): 7:14am On Oct 04, 2018
Issokay
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by kagari: 7:14am On Oct 04, 2018
BrandSpurNG:
I once had a Boss, let’s call her Boss A. She preferred information in a mail, even after you had communicated verbally. You had to give her updates via emails as well. With her, if it’s not written, it did not exist.

Another Boss, Boss B preferred you discussed information regarding work with her and only the important information worthy of note via mail. If you wanted her to look through any document, you had to speak with her first on the details, print the documents out hardcopy style for her perusal. That was what worked with her.

While for a Boss C, He was only interested in the summaries, and serious issues that you could not handle. With him, he only needed you to do your job and escalate when you notice things might likely go awry on a job.

With these 3 different Bosses A, B & C as a case in study, Boss A was the ‘mail Boss’. Boss B was the ‘relational and then mail’ type, while Boss C was the ‘get to the point, summarize, call me when you need me’ kind of boss.

Now imagine that I was printing Hardcopy documents to Boss A, the mail Boss. Or that I was sharing formal emails with Boss B, the relational Boss and that I was updating Boss C the ‘summarize it Boss’ on every detail of my work.

There sure would be a Hurricane Tsunami & Katrina at work!

There is a way your boss prefers to receive information and process them. Understand his style and work with it.

Your Boss could burst into the office on Monday morning asking you questions about Friday tasks and expects you to have answers to them, another boss will come in and settle down, then call you for a meeting on task updates. Your ability to understand how your boss prefers to receive information will put you ahead of other employees and away from worries. Understand and Master your Boss’ Communication Style. Understand what works with your Boss and align accordingly. That is Emotional intelligence.

Let’s discuss this, drop your comments below…

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/understand-clearly-how-your-boss-prefers-to-receive-information/

Same boss
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by cooldipo(m): 7:14am On Oct 04, 2018
Nice info.....thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by Doerstech(m): 7:18am On Oct 04, 2018
I prefer BOSS A....becuase I like it written and documented
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by avalontony(m): 7:23am On Oct 04, 2018
What about the WhatsApp boss?
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by September13: 7:26am On Oct 04, 2018
Thanks op

But some boss no get a particular type, it's the job and the time that determines communication

Another key is study your boss' mood
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by pressplay411(m): 7:31am On Oct 04, 2018
Emotional Intelligence is everything at work, at home and in life!

1 Like

Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by MrPresident1: 7:32am On Oct 04, 2018
Boss ko, Actor ni
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by utenwuson: 7:34am On Oct 04, 2018
I think this is apply mainly to people who works for corporate organization..... As a federal government staff, I do my own u do your own..... Which one be boss.

Nothing piss me off like working under a wicked female boss who is divorced, she see every male as prey to deal with, she will think your survival depends on her, u will even think you are the cause of her bad Marital life cos of the way she treats u...... Am just remembering things

1 Like

Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by Naughtytboy: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2018
Bleep bosses, industreet rule

1 Like

Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by Naughtytboy: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2018
Bleep bosses
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by principalgee: 7:47am On Oct 04, 2018
This is very useful, thanks .
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by Kaybaba5(m): 8:02am On Oct 04, 2018
When you are favored everything will work for you in spite of likeness of boss A B and C

1 Like

Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by chiommy123(f): 8:49am On Oct 04, 2018
No form of communication oh until my salary is paid if not we dey keep malice be that
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by Donelli: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2018
I am the "Boss C" kind of person.

Some bosses may not have any of the traits mutually exclusive, it depends on how delicate the matter is.
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by Culin(f): 11:19am On Oct 04, 2018
Yea I think mine is the relational/verbal kind. But I have everything written somewhere just incase.
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by chiboyo(m): 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
Boss C is the best type and brings out the best in his team...

Micromanaging as depicted in the characters of Boss A & B only kills creativity
Re: Understand Clearly How Your Boss Prefers To Receive Information by Jorian1(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2018
It all about personality trait.

Boss A is melancholy
She loves details and she like arranging her stuffs and schedule alone.

Boss B is sanguine
She talking and interacting. She prefer fast stuffs and comprehend easy if discussed

Boss C is choleric
Hate detail, not always having time because he loves multitasking on different project. Always intelligent so he can use your summary to do the project. But he will always call to get more info if he meets resistance..

It all about personality traits

(1) (Reply)

Society For Family Health Salary Structure/condition Of Service / Common Habits That Prevents You From Accomplishing Your Dreams / 5 Best Freelance Transcription Websites That Pay Through Payoneer For Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.