Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Buhari Phones Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Says I’ll Do My Best - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Phones Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Says I’ll Do My Best (358 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari Phones President Tinubu, Says That He Stands With Him / Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Phones Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Says I’ll Do My Best by agwom(m): 5:32am On Oct 04, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday spoke with Mrs Rebecca Sharibu, mother of the schoolgirl, Leah, who was abducted by Boko Haram on February 19, this year along with other students of GGSTC in Dapchi, Yobe State.

Sharibu was held back by the sect reportedly on account of her faith when her colleagues were released following negotiation with the insurgents.

In August, a short audio clip of Sharibu went viral where she spoke in Hausa appealing that efforts should be intensified towards her release.

The President in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu assured her that his administration will do everything it would take to bring her daughter back home.

Buhari consoled the Sharibu family and assured the parents that the Federal Government would do its utmost for the safety and security of their daughter.

“I convey my emotion, the strong commitment of my administration and the solidarity of all Nigerians to you and your family as we will do our best to bring your daughter home in peace and safety,” President Buhari told her.

He assured the mother that his heart was with her family, as that of the entire nation which continues to pray for the safe return of “our daughter, Leah.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-phones-leah-sharibus-mother-says-ill-do-my-best.html
Re: Buhari Phones Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Says I’ll Do My Best by cooldipo(m): 5:34am On Oct 04, 2018
Best nooni cool shocked
Re: Buhari Phones Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Says I’ll Do My Best by Mynd44: 5:43am On Oct 04, 2018
Re: Buhari Phones Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Says I’ll Do My Best by StillX10(m): 7:40am On Oct 04, 2018
Useless President
Re: Buhari Phones Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Says I’ll Do My Best by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2018
Na now day just break for una?

I just pray the girl is still alive.

I can imagine how some people's reincarnation will be like when they have to live out their karma in full.
Re: Buhari Phones Leah Sharibu’s Mother, Says I’ll Do My Best by crispus09(m): 7:54am On Oct 04, 2018
wonderful

(1) (Reply)

Gombe Senate Race: Ribadu Steps Down For Governor Dankwambo / Apc Appoints Lanre Issa-onilu As New Spokesperson / Take Your Time To Read The Long Intimidating Profile Of Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.