Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) (45731 Views)

Upcoming Tom Holland Movies: What's Ahead For The Spider-man Actor / Throwback: Old Nollywood Movies We All Loved (pics) / 2018 Movies - What To Expect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Folksyharry(m): 8:55am On Oct 04, 2018
We have really come a long way
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by ikeno(m): 9:09am On Oct 04, 2018
those days when boys use to sneak behind windows to watch movies like Rambo;1st blood on those big VCR grin

8 Likes

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 10:00am On Oct 04, 2018
chai, days don pass for my head ooooo, I sabi all from A-Z, explorer welludon.
That electronic rewinder dey sing one kind song like dat whenever person dey use am.
Explorer abeg u no get that moment where all of us go pack ourselves for one man or landlord room dey watch movie and our mama go use eyes tell us to commot even when she dey watch while the others der go talk sey leave am na, let him not be lonely.
hmmmmmm, thank God for today, it's been God all the way.

9 Likes

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Treasure17(m): 10:22am On Oct 04, 2018
Nice one explorer. This life sha. Things we cherished and we were so much engrossed with back then are now in the state of oblivion.

7 Likes

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2018
Explorers:
Inside of a VCR

Seeing forbidden movies and there's light out, you have to run to the nearest electronic repairer to remove the tape before mum/dad comes back from work.
Hehehehe. Was once a victim of this scenario. Mum nearly caught me.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by walexy1(m): 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
Life is just beautiful. All these brought back the memories of the good old days. VCR, video sender and family con video games.

All those things we love and cherish so much back then suddenly becoming old all at once. Still I cherish those moments.

Thanks explorer !!!

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by franklingud(m): 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2018
Real good old days.

Rattlesnake was one my best movies then.
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Jabioro: 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2018
olayinkajnr:

If it gets dirty, we loose the video play and clean with a neat white cloth (for those of us that couldn't get a video head cleaner).
My mate spotted,lndomie generation becareful..we the elders are here to give you people the past funny days.
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by olayinkajnr(m): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2018
Jabioro:
My mate spotted,lndomie generation becareful..we the elders are here to give you people the past funny days.

Lol. It was fun then. Not like today.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Jabioro: 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Lol. It was fun then. Not like today.

Video head cleaner cassette with spirit...and if you over applied the spirit it will gummed the machine head especially the 'ibo made'..

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Kaycee7(m): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
alexistaiwo:
Same way all these IPhones, Led and LcD tvs will become outdated in the future.
Who knows the kind of communication technology will be in use then! Our kids will now run all these scams we ran on our parents' phones back in the day. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2018
Kaycee7:
Who knows the kind of communication technology will be in use then! Our kids will now run all these scams we ran on our parents' phones back in the day. grin grin

*holding an IPhone X*

They will be like this is the crap you were using to do big boy in your youth.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by okwabayi(m): 5:17am On Oct 05, 2018
GOFRONT:
angry

Indomie generation really miss fun
They are missing nothing. These days anyone can download those movies in High Definition. I saw a HD version of the first Indiana Jones movie a year ago. The thing looked like a film shot last week.

6 Likes

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 6:32am On Oct 05, 2018
But how many of the Indomie generation kids are willing to download those old movies even in its HD form??.....

Their generation has brought for them Cartoon Network (CN), NICKELODEON, Jimjam, Spongebob square pant grin cheesy.

My young Nephews and Nieces wont let me watch News cos of this!! shocked

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by bejeria101(m): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2018
Explorers:
Some terms includes:

Fine tunning/Auto fine tunning

Search/Auto search

PAL/SECAM/AUTO

Tracking set on video player.

Someone outside turning the pole/antenna and another person inside checking the reception.

'o ti daa, dapada, di e di e..... '

This would make a good read for the kids lol
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by okwabayi(m): 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2018
GOFRONT:
But how many of the Indomie generation kids are willing to download those old movies even in its HD form??.....

Their generation has brought for them Cartoon Network (CN), NICKELODEON, Jimjam, Spongebob square pant grin cheesy.

My young Nephews and Nieces wont let me watch News cos of this!! shocked
They do, especially if they want to catch up with older siblings and sometimes uncles and aunts. I wasn't alive in 1942 and neither were my parents but my 24 year old sister got the HD movie Casablanca because of the movie's legend status.
I have downloaded and rewatched all the movies I enjoyed as a child in the 80s, reliving the same nostalgia I once had as a kid. My younger sister, once again, has downloaded and listened to most of the albums from my time as a child. She did this so when I talk about the beauty of song lyrics she can relate. She understands all these new rap songs where the musicians sound like they woke up from sleep meanwhile I have no idea neither do I care what they say. At the same time we can both sit down and listen to Puff Daddy's [his name at the time] albums from the early 90s.
The Indomie generation is priviledged. People should stop looking down on them.
Give your nephews a few more years, you'll find out they'll catch up with you on the knowledge of 'old school' material.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by emitope: 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
This brings back lots of memories..... fun and otherwise.
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by daveP(m): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2018
Explorers:
Some terms includes:

Fine tunning/Auto fine tunning

Search/Auto search

PAL/SECAM/AUTO

Tracking set on video player.

Someone outside turning the pole/antenna and another person inside checking the reception.

'o ti daa, dapada, di e di e..... '
We are young, and we did set the world on fire.

This indoGens really are enjoying.

The sound of the TV was normal but it's noise to our ears now. Mehn time yaff passgrin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2018
Where's Lalasticlala sef?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by hahn(m): 10:44am On Oct 26, 2018
Explorers:
Where's Lalasticlala sef?

Password: Snakes

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by derbykol(f): 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
alexistaiwo:
Same way all these IPhones, Led and LcD tvs will become outdated in the future.
Nothing lasts forever.
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Hezzyluv: 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
I craze for dat super Mario game
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by bedspread: 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2018
Wow...

This Shows the Vanity of Life....

The stuff you are about killing somebody to own will be Scrap and A Great Liabilityto you in few years to come..

Vanity upon vanity! So says the Preacher, Vanity upon Vanity! Life is Vanity!

Only A Life lived in JESUS has Gain... Nothing else! Nothing More!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by HallaDaTruth: 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2018
Chai my generation is too sweet
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by zezacot: 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
You Want To Accept Payment Via Credit/Debit Cards On Your Website? Let’s Integrate It

Online payment can be used by almost any business, ranging from e-commerce websites to course organizers wanting to get attendees pay for the course fee online, or even charity organizations to get donations online

Why don't you contact us now and turn your website into a Shopping destination?

CONTACT US TO GET STARTED NOW!

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2018
from the era when cratfmanship was craftmanship, these devices still play till today.

they had the ability to record movies, even from vhf and uhf without a tv.

something lacking in the new hometheatres today.
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by haryomikun(m): 1:07pm On Oct 26, 2018
Explorers:
Some movies we saw on vhs.
Watched Commando in 2003. Slotted in the cassette by myself a d watched it alone lol.

Its still one of my favorite movies till today
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2018
Chai, those days.
Grundig VCR, Blaupaunkt TV, National VCD, Sharp, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2018
Chai, those days.
Grundig VCR, Blaupaunkt TV, National VCD, Sharp, etc.
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by tunary(m): 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2018
All interesting but now memory card have taken over cassettes and even CD plates that came out almost two decades ago

Overtaking is allowed
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2018
GOFRONT:
angry
Indomie generation really miss fun
Few of them just got delivered in the Labour room
Re: Throwback: Seeing Movies, What It Looked Like Decades Ago (Photos) by arrestdarrester: 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2018
We were rearranging some boxes hidden away at home on this day when my kids saw Panan Percy Paul's 'Bring Down Your Glory' stereo cassette and they were like "daddy what is this (thing)?" Absent mindedly I told them it was a cassette. It was their looks and responses that drew my attention to the fact that they'd never seen it before then.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Pepper Dem Meets Double Wahala Housemates (Photos) / BBNaija: Princess & Bitto Have Been Evicted! / Abuja Female Carpenter Adaeze Oforma Dazzles in New Photo, Joins Reality TV show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.