Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her (19774 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks On Social Media, Donald Trump, And Feminism / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi (2) (3) (4)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by pryme(m): 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
wow
I love Chimaamanda!
I love Chimaamanda!!
I love Chimaamanda!!!

My love for her is like copied assignments, I just can't explain 'em. smiley
This lady is always making sense, but the typical Nairalander is blinded by culture.
Attack her and she keeps going viral.
Keep on hating and she keeps gracing the fp.

Have you ever asked yourself who made those culture you live to fulfill?
Did they fall from the sky?
Can't they be amended?

Feminism is simply, EQUALITY OF THE BOTH SEXES! I'm a guy and I support it 100%. Don't cheat me and I'd never cheat you.
It's as simple as that. No one chose which sexes they were born with, so why should one be superior?

If you're quoting me, please make some sense. That's all I have to say!

But sex are not equal, the sooner you wake up and smell the coffee the better for your kids. Cause you will do well to let them know their strength and weaknesses. Saying a man is equal to a woman, you are only setting them up for disaster.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by marvinsync(m): 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
wow
I love Chimaamanda!
I love Chimaamanda!!
I love Chimaamanda!!!

This lady is always making sense, but the typical Nairalander is blinded by culture.

Can't they be amended?

Feminism is simply, EQUALITY OF THE BOTH SEXES! I'm a guy and I support it 100%. Don't cheat me and I'd never cheat you.
It's as simple as that. No one chose which sexes they were born with, so why should one be superior?

lol true equality is not possible because we are not equal but if u say equal opportunities sure why not , but u see there's a lot of bastardising going on , and feminism can't truly exist in Nigeria because a lot of women in Nigeria rely on men to survive and live a hoeish life because of the situation of things and a lot of men understand this live that way that's why all guys say u " make money and women will come " that saying is undoubtedly true but also implies women follow money and are hoeish which is also true

so feminism will spoil a lot of livelyhood for women cause it means they'll actually have to work

so until Nigeria develops to the point where women can survive independently feminism is trash

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by BillgatesMaigad(m): 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2018
You're advising the young lady to take her eurocentric views to Europe hence our culture doesn't permit it, yet we are all copying European culture.

We have all succeeded in copying the western culture and now we can't even tell our story, we let others tell our story.

African culture has long been eroded so let us kuku continue with the western culture.

Man and woman are all equal
Man help your wife to do chores
Woman contribute your own part of juniors school fees and feeding money.
Woman contribute your own part of the house rent

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by pryme(m): 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2018
spikemmy:

i hope when you are married and give birth to both boys and girls and they attain the age of 15 you will ask the girl child to wash the cars, fetch water, weed the grasses, do all the hard jobs that we feel are meant for guys...
when you beat both of them for wrongs, i hope you will allow the male child cry and not shut him that he is a man and doesnt have to cry.
i hope your husband gives equal amount of pocket money given to the girl child to the boy
and finally, you have to share the responsibilities equally with your husband ranging from rents, bills, school fees, shopping bills etc
if you are not here to monitor all these then your feminism claim is false

Oh and there is more,
If a woman rapes a man or is convicted for sexual assault, she will be also sentenced to 15 years or more in prison (just like Bill Cosby).

If a women losses custody of a child in court, she will be sending money to the man for the upkeep of the child.

In the military women will have to meet the same height and weight requirements to join the military.

Women and men should compete against each other in sports (sports like tennis should also have women play 5 sets instead of 3).

Women should be the ones to keep the family safe and defend against armed Robbers.

Women should stop crying like babies and and start hiding the pain like men.

After all we are all Equal grin

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by deebrain(m): 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
Men and women are equal.
Husband and wife are not equal.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by Mandavo28: 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
I may want to agree with Adichie on the above listed points but except point number one...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by ifymadu: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:

Nairalander with sense wink
Are you married?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by demobaba1(m): 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
a don hear.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by ORIENTATION101: 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:

Since feminism wouldn't bridge them, would you now let a woman be higher than you?
There are no doubt a good number of ways they are superior too. Won't you hold onto that to say they are the superior sexes?
nobody is even dragging superior sex with women they re just being insecure .most of the ladies that tag themselves feminist are actually misandrist.
feminism goal is too liberate women from economic and political embargo placed on them .and give them level playing field with men.
the goal of feminism is not fight for supremacy btw both sexes. nature has place both sex to the position it belongs even within plant and animals. what each sexes needs to do his to respect its position and not overreach.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by Duru1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
Tessyama1:
Nigerian novelist, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was a guest on BBC pidgin recently, and she pointed out what feminism means to her.

Her main point, according to her, she wants people to start talking about how men and women are equal, and how women would not be deprived of things. 

See some of her points and watch the video below....

1. Men and women are equal, simple
2. Women to inherit properties
3. Nigerian women to have the right to give their foreign husband's Nigerian citizenship
4. Men to help their wives with domestic chores

Watch the video here; https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/10/chimamanda-adichie-speaks-pidgin-english-reveals-what-feminism-means-to-her.html

Men are born equal but few are more equal than others. This crap about men and women be equal is completely delusional. I guess this joker and willing tool of European liberals called Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is married. I wonder what stops her from transplanting her husband into her father's family as a member of Adichie clan. Feminists are baby killers period.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by lastempero: 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
After deceiving our ladies n if u really meant what u said, why did u attack Hillary Clinton just because she indicated wife in her twitter handle Abi ur husband knacking have reset your brain.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by pryme(m): 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:

Since feminism wouldn't bridge them, would you now let a woman be higher than you?
There are no doubt a good number of ways they are superior too. Won't you hold onto that to say they are the superior sexes?

Let's not go too far, pls spot where a woman contributed in these numbered aspects.

1. The pc/phone you are using to type these (hardware)

2. The computer software (Windows/Android)

*Although a woman wrote a computer program language.

3. The electric Cables connected from the power station to your house.

4.The restoration of power in case of power failure.

Before we even got here today men are the ones that have protected and kept the human race to this day. Who went out to hunt for animals and source for food during the cavemen Era, who invented the weapons to make hunting easier.
You may say women are responsible for multiplying the human race, what good is a womans womb if there is no man?
And what good is a baby if there is no one that can protect and provide for that baby?
You think a woman can do that?

You should understand what the word "superior" means before you make use of it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by pinknipple: 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
Until wemen equall muscle count with men,men will forever node falsely to this opinion.

John cena ,the Rock, Batista to a lot of men are husbands to many men,if u no u no

before i go,
wemen should start asking men out too,their ability to handle rejections,could make me consider the motion
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by Shelumiel: 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2018
texazzpete:

Your culture once had twins being thrown into the forbidden forest, the Osu caste system that ruined many lives, forced female genital mutilation, child marriage, breast ironing, torture of widows and sexual assault.

Culture has changed before. Shitty aspects of it have been thrown out. Elements that violate the fundamental human rights of others are shite.

People that blindly cling to "it's the culture" have wasted the funds invested in their education.
You just mentioned the evils of culture but you failed to mention the good parts of it, why ? Is it not in culture you find greetings and respect ? But what has feminism from the west achieved for us here ...are things like lesbianism not products of feminism ? Please before talking, think .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by spikemmy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2018
pryme:

Oh and there is more,
If a woman rapes a man or is convicted for sexual assault, she will be also sentenced to 15 years or more in prison (just like Bill Cosby).

If a women losses custody of a child in court, she will be sending money to the man for the upkeep of the child.

In the military women will have to meet the same height and weight requirements to join the military.

Women and men should compete against each other in sports (sports like tennis should also have women play 5 sets instead of 3).

Women should be the ones to keep the family safe and defend against armed Robbers.

Women should stop crying like babies and and start hiding the pain like men.

After all we are all Equal grin

You just spoke my MIND
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by traihit: 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2018
SarcasticGenius:

It's a lack of intelligence that will keep feminism out of Africa, just as it has kept other progressive movements like science, technology and economic advancement beyond the reach of the typical dimwitted sub-intelligent ape descended Africans.

So to you, Africa is not intelligent. All your ancestors with their environmental friendly technology, arts and crafts that were stolen by the white man, they are unintelligent. Finally, our mind as Africans has been reset indeed. The oyinbos have sent us to the base of entire human development and your education has an individual has given you an eye to see that your race is unintelligent. I don't have anything to argue, I only want to salute your intelligence as an African.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by Ikenna94: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shelumiel:
Let her take her feminist views to Europe and America. We do not need them here since they do not fit into our culture

which yeye culture... the same one dat used to support killing of twins and several other abominations.... feminism simply requires equality of rights

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by Shelumiel: 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ikenna94:

which yeye culture... the same one dat used to support killing of twins and several other abominations.... feminism simply requires equality of rights
Why are you being biased ? You only see evil in culture why ? What about the good in it ? Or does feminism have everything good going for it ...is it not from feminism that lesbiansim and other vile movements come from ? Mtchww
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
wow
I love Chimaamanda!
I love Chimaamanda!!
I love Chimaamanda!!!

Can't they be amended?

Mad man angry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2018
Jesse25:

Mad man angry

Sane man
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by sundaygray(m): 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2018
sexymoma:
She didn't mention the part where a feminist dominates during sex nd they don't scream, instead dem go dey pinch the man, dem don climax be that
She never sabi wetin dey work her angry
Equal right? means say if her hubby f1ng3r her, she too go f1ng3r the guy
oti e ti da. angry

You too wise abeg �
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by sundaygray(m): 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
wow
I love Chimaamanda!
I love Chimaamanda!!
I love Chimaamanda!!!

Can't they be amended?

A. Your write-up shows you are not a man. The way you constructed the words you typed... Oga You must be gay!
B. That's the only reason i quoted you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by anonymous1759(m): 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2018
I
TalkTalkTwins:
wow
I love Chimaamanda!
I love Chimaamanda!!
I love Chimaamanda!!!

Can't they be amended?

Wetin

I hope you don't belong to any religion? Because someone wrote them. And if you dont share house chores with your wife or girlfriend you're Mad.. angry angry angry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by Raphaeldhero(m): 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2018
Gender equality? Despite d fact dat am a G, gender equality ain't gonna be possible.
Women having there fundamental right issa goal but equality issa NO NO TIN.
Go back to the book of genesis n u will understand dis things more
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by princeade86(m): 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
Buffalowings3:
I think you go yarn nonsense today angry

Anyway, I agree with all those points
and women should be paying children school fees also, pay bills and many thing husband is doing.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by ImaMmakara(f): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
God bless this woman, even though I don't agree in all her ideologies....she really made sense. And for those who are against what she believes in, oga n madam nobody is forcing anybody for here, believe in what you believe in and leave the rest...... Stop abusing yourselves thinking you are abusing her, it doesn't make any sense.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by Kingspin(m): 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2018
Some people dont even know the reason they hate her.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by deleo16(m): 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2018
spikemmy:

i hope when you are married and give birth to both boys and girls and they attain the age of 15 you will ask the girl child to wash the cars, fetch water, weed the grasses, do all the hard jobs that we feel are meant for guys...
when you beat both of them for wrongs, i hope you will allow the male child cry and not shut him that he is a man and doesnt have to cry.
i hope your husband gives equal amount of pocket money given to the girl child to the boy
and finally, you have to share the responsibilities equally with your husband ranging from rents, bills, school fees, shopping bills etc
if you are not here to monitor all these then your feminism claim is false

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by Onyeakachukwu29: 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
Chimamanda ride on

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by pressplay411(m): 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shelumiel:
Let her take her feminist views to Europe and America. We do not need them here since they do not fit into our culture

She actually said Men and Women are equal. Lol
Seems she slept through her biology class.

She could push for equal rights but clearly men and women are not equal.
She's actually doing herself and women a disservice.
If only she knew the truth about who a Woman is.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by dasparrow: 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2018
princeade86:
and women should be paying children school fees also, pay bills and many thing husband is doing.

They already are but in Nigeria they are told not to tell anyone so that they don't hurt their husband's fragile ego. My older sister is married to some Nigerian loser who has no job. She is single handedly carrying all the financial burdens of her family. Stop making it look like all Nigerian married men are providers because many are not. Many are liabilities!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her by Hcqmela: 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shelumiel:
U should say ur own culture cos Feminism has already fitted the African culture as a whole not to talk of the Nigerian culture. And whereas the Europe n America where you think her feminism views would fit has not really be able to accept Feminism into its culture. That's the fact dude cos patriarchy does not only exist in the African culture but it's still a huge domain in the diaspora world.

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo / BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69