Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls (25703 Views)

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies / Africa Report: Chimamanda Adichie Is 4th In 100 Most Influential Africans List / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast (2) (3) (4)

Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Tessyama1: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2018
Businesswoman and presidential aspirant under the National Interest Party, Eunice Atuejide is of the opinion that Nigerian novelist, Chimamanda Adichie is an extremist.

According to her, she is misleading our girls. She said this in an interview with leader of the Free nation, Daddy Freeze, on Cool FM.

When asked what she thinks about Chimamanda, she said;

"I think she is an extremist, sometimes I do think she's misleading a lot of our girls.

There are sometimes. very few times when I agree with her, but most of the times I'm like 'Oh my God', I hope our women do not necessarily take home too much of the things she say, because some of them could turn around and bite them in the bum
"

Watch video here; https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/10/chimamanda-is-an-extremist-shes-misleading-our-girls-presidential-aspirant-eunice-atuejide.html

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Kingosytex(m): 10:37am On Oct 04, 2018
finally, some people are waking up from their slumber. chimamanda is misleading a lot of senseless folks. her feminist ideology can only thrive in complex and sophisticated societies but certainly not in africa

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Tamarapetty(f): 10:39am On Oct 04, 2018
Who doesn't know?

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by itspzpics(m): 10:40am On Oct 04, 2018
Well

Actor Uche Maduagwu Propose to Toke makinwa says he can pound yam for her >>> SEE PHOTOS HERE
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by NOC1(m): 10:45am On Oct 04, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Who doesn't know?

many of our ladies dont know that what worked in her home might not work in their home.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 04, 2018
I just pity those women who have subscribed to the cause she is championing.The sad truth of the matter is that most of those she has succeeded in misleading are frustrated women who have no man to call their own whereas she is happily married.
I have said it before and I will say it again.The fact Chimamanda is happily married to a man alone belies the cause she is championing because true feminists view marriage of a way of keeping a woman in bondage.To them,marriage underpins patriarchy which they balk at.

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by amarachi06(f): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2018
Chimamanda we know, who are you?

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 04, 2018
amarachi06:
Chimamanda we know, who are you?
Her identity doesn't matter as long as she is stating the truth.I guess you are one of those who are blindly following chimamanda's teachings.

179 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by amarachi06(f): 11:49am On Oct 04, 2018
Kolombz:
Her identity doesn't matter as long as she is stating the truth.I guess you are one of those who are blindly following chimamanda's teachings.

I don't follow blindly but using a known personality to drive a point is what we "woman b*tching each other" Have you ever seen Chiamanda criticizing our leaders to make a point?

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
amarachi06:

I don't follow blindly but using a known personality to drive a point is what we "woman b*tching each other" Have you ever seen Chiamanda criticizing our leaders to make a point?
Criticizing our leaders is even what she is supposing to be doing because that is what is required of her as a writer.She is supposed to use her gift of writing and her lofty position to effect desirable changes in the society not hoodwinking people in the name of championing feminism.I don't really care if this lady is trying to score a cheap point.As long as she is towing the right path by trying to open the eyes of those who are blindly following chimamanda's teachings before they are led astray,she has my support.

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by LieutenantBOBO: 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2018
Kolombz:
I just pity those women who have subscribed to the cause she is championing.The sad truth of the matter is that most of those she has succeeded in misleading are frustrated women who have no man to call their own whereas she is happily married.
I have said it before and I will say it again.The fact Chimamanda is happily married to a man alone belies the cause she is championing because true feminists view marriage of a way of keeping a woman in bondage.To them,marriage underpins patriarchy which they balk at.

Kolombz:

Kolombz:

Criticizing our leaders is even what she is supposing to be doing because that is what is required of her as a writer.She is supposed to use her gift of writing and her lofty position to effect desirable changes in the society not hoodwinking people in the name of championing feminism.I don't really care if this lady is trying to score a cheap point.As long as she is towing the right path by trying to open the eyes of those who are blindly following chimamanda's teachings before they are led astray,she has my support.

You are WISE!
God bless you for this!

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
angry i don't blame chimamanda, i only blame those women who chose to listen to her. Since she believes men and women are equal why didn't she marry a woman and have children together? Same way Linda preached celibacy and was getting banged by huge dicks. Hypocrites

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2018

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Ebimor96: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Ebimor96: 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by EpicMaurice(m): 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
It would seem that in order to be a feminist, one has to lose every atom of common sense she has

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by clefstone(m): 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
she is abusing the platform she has

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by deebrain(m): 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
Who doesn't know?

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by danny56: 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
Finally I have seen a reasonable thought from fellow lady....tell her pls

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by whytediamond(m): 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
Anti-feminists or should I say anti-chimamanda, lunch is ready and served. grin

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by thugmansion(m): 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
Yea right!
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Igboeze90: 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
Amarachi06, are you kidding me? Chimamanda has never criticised any of our leaders?

The internet never forgets. There's one piece of satire called "the Miraculous Deliverance of Oga Jona." Read it. Comment again.

Okay, we all love Chimamanda, but Ms Eunice has presented an argument. We'll examine it.

First, let's see the Urban Dictionary definition of an extremist.

AN EXTREMIST IS SOMEONE WHO SUPPORTS AN IDEA, CAUSE, OR SET OF VALUES SO ADAMANTLY AND WITHOUT COMPROMISE THAT SAID PERSON WILL USE THEIR IDEAS TO JUSTIFY ANYTHING THEY DO.

Here is the argument from Ms Eunice. I have it all laid out, premises and conclusion inclusive.

Extremists support an idea without compromise
Chimamanda supports an idea (feminism) without compromise
Therefore, Chimamanda is an extremist

She is right? Huhhh? Any doubt?
No, she is wrong. Her argument is invalid and unsound as well.

It is like saying:

Politicians have personal assistants
CEOs have personal assistants
Therefore CEOs are politicians

A flawed argument as well.

Politicians use invalid arguments to make a point all the time....

So, Amarachi06, if you learn no other thing in 2018, learn how to identify flawed arguments...

You were right to disagree. Only you resorted to ad hominem attacks. Ms Eunice is a fine person and she would make a fine president...

But she presented an invalid argument...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by slivertongue: 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
Chimamanda is a lost sheep.

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Benekruku(m): 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
And I heard that Chimanda like diick die

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Korofoh: 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
k
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by freecocoa(f): 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
Oh! Please shut up.

You are only jealous, nonsense!

Mumu doesn’t know that if not for women like Amanda, you can’t come out and say you want to be president, Ewu!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by KanwuliaExtra: 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hmmmm
Even SHYTE-HOLE women politicians are talking too? undecided

All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? / I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland