Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Things I Will Do Differently If I'm The President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things I Will Do Differently If I'm The President (426 Views)

El-Rufai: I'm The Governor Of The State; If I'm Not Abused, Who Will Be Abused? / Obaseki Holds Zoom Meeting With Buhari, Says "I'm The President's Son" / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things I Will Do Differently If I'm The President by gabbylight: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2018
what can i do has President?
In my first 30days in office. i will organise a 3 weeks National conference, having in attendance all the past head of state, leaders of the Senate and House of Rep, all the 36 States governors and traditional rulers. With the major topics
∆ Let there be light
∆ Let there be food
∆ let there be Education
∆ Let there be health care
∆ Our economic must work
The outcome of the conference will then determines some of my policies. Nevertheless, below are but few.
1. I will give states the power to manage 50% of the state resources which will result to reduction in fed allocation.
> I will ensure that the local governments gets autonomy
> compel the states to make public the state quarterly expenditure per local government, which failure to comply will result to not getting the following months allocation.
> Give states the power to generate electricity itself with proper monitoring by the ministry of power.
> Grant licence to every viable organization seeking to generate power itself
> speed up the process of constructing modular refineries
2. I will decentralized the functions of the national security by creating regional security base in the remaining 5 geopolitical zones, such as a subsidiary of Kaduna security base in jagi.
> I will appoint regional commandant of all the forces. They will serve as a subordinate to chief of staffs and the likes.
> i will restructure the entire national security from the top to the least and appoint new heads.
> I will ensure annual retraining of all security personnel
> engaged the service of all governors in each region on the need for better arms and equipments.
> all regional security must have surveillance jet ( To Be Achieved In 1year.)
3. Carry out a national orientation on the state of the nation to the populace.
> I will totally discourage tribalism and religion sentiment by engaging every Nigerian on the need to have a workable nation. (This will be done ones in a week on national TV and other media outlets)
> Religion bodies would submit their yearly income budget to a government ministry for monitoring and whose 60% budget will be compel solely for social responsibilities.
5. I will Encouraged patronize of local made products by compelling government officials
(That will be a continue process while I lead by example)
> the government will partner with major local manufacturers to boost patronage
6. I will harmonize and reorganized the functions of government established scheme,such as NYSC, having the largest population of youths engagement.
> Before you go for service you must present your tax clearance
> I will make it a vocational center for skills acquisition
> give a grant after service year to get them established (To be Achieved the following year in office)
> that is, instead of sending corp members to schools for teaching, 70% of them would acquire skills
7. I will established more universities to contain more of Nigerian youths seeking education.
> This universities will meet specific disciplines.
>. Such as university of Engineering and technology.
>. University of business study
>. College of art and vocational training
>. School of medicine and surgery. Etc
> i will revisit and harmonized from primary to tertiary institutions skim of work
"No more copy and paste Project for students"
8. I will encouraged mechanize farming by engaging the private sectors in provisions and management of the required equipments.
> ask the private sector to monitor the usage of purchased farming equipment
> encouraged all Agricultural college students to engage in farming, from 200level upward. Lands and all required resources to be provided by the government. (To Be Achieved the following year in office)
9. Have a National Data Base, to enhance fighting corruption
> this will display everything an individual has and source of income. (To Be Achieved in 5months)
10. I will sign an executive bill mandating all ministries and MGOs to published their quarterly expenditure inline with their annual budget.
12. I will grant presidential pardon to all treasury looters with an agreement of returning some % of the money while I use that opportunity to strengthen the judiciary.
> I will create Efcc curt to deal with any issue of financial mismanagement
> Place politicians on civil service salary structure
> push for death sentence for looters.
Note: tax will be eminent in every ministry's and private sectors and every Nigerian at large.
Re: Things I Will Do Differently If I'm The President by mrvitalis(m): 11:32am On Oct 04, 2018
gabbylight:
what can i do has President?
In my first 30days in office. i will organise a 3 weeks National conference, having in attendance all the past head of state, leaders of the Senate and House of Rep, all the 36 States governors and traditional rulers. With the major topics
∆ Let there be light
∆ Let there be food
∆ let there be Education
∆ Let there be health care
∆ Our economic must work
The outcome of the conference will then determines some of my policies. Nevertheless, below are but few.
1. I will give states the power to manage 50% of the state resources which will result to reduction in fed allocation.
> I will ensure that the local governments gets autonomy
> compel the states to make public the state quarterly expenditure per local government, which failure to comply will result to not getting the following months allocation.
> Give states the power to generate electricity itself with proper monitoring by the ministry of power.
> Grant licence to every viable organization seeking to generate power itself
> speed up the process of constructing modular refineries
2. I will decentralized the functions of the national security by creating regional security base in the remaining 5 geopolitical zones, such as a subsidiary of Kaduna security base in jagi.
> I will appoint regional commandant of all the forces. They will serve as a subordinate to chief of staffs and the likes.
> i will restructure the entire national security from the top to the least and appoint new heads.
> I will ensure annual retraining of all security personnel
> engaged the service of all governors in each region on the need for better arms and equipments.
> all regional security must have surveillance jet ( To Be Achieved In 1year.)
3. Carry out a national orientation on the state of the nation to the populace.
> I will totally discourage tribalism and religion sentiment by engaging every Nigerian on the need to have a workable nation. (This will be done ones in a week on national TV and other media outlets)
> Religion bodies would submit their yearly income budget to a government ministry for monitoring and whose 60% budget will be compel solely for social responsibilities.
5. I will Encouraged patronize of local made products by compelling government officials
(That will be a continue process while I lead by example)
> the government will partner with major local manufacturers to boost patronage
6. I will harmonize and reorganized the functions of government established scheme,such as NYSC, having the largest population of youths engagement.
> Before you go for service you must present your tax clearance
> I will make it a vocational center for skills acquisition
> give a grant after service year to get them established (To be Achieved the following year in office)
> that is, instead of sending corp members to schools for teaching, 70% of them would acquire skills
7. I will established more universities to contain more of Nigerian youths seeking education.
> This universities will meet specific disciplines.
>. Such as university of Engineering and technology.
>. University of business study
>. College of art and vocational training
>. School of medicine and surgery. Etc
> i will revisit and harmonized from primary to tertiary institutions skim of work
"No more copy and paste Project for students"
8. I will encouraged mechanize farming by engaging the private sectors in provisions and management of the required equipments.
> ask the private sector to monitor the usage of purchased farming equipment
> encouraged all Agricultural college students to engage in farming, from 200level upward. Lands and all required resources to be provided by the government. (To Be Achieved the following year in office)
9. Have a National Data Base, to enhance fighting corruption
> this will display everything an individual has and source of income. (To Be Achieved in 5months)
10. I will sign an executive bill mandating all ministries and MGOs to published their quarterly expenditure inline with their annual budget.
12. I will grant presidential pardon to all treasury looters with an agreement of returning some % of the money while I use that opportunity to strengthen the judiciary.
> I will create Efcc curt to deal with any issue of financial mismanagement
> Place politicians on civil service salary structure
> pass death sentence for looters.
Note: tax will be eminent in every ministry's and private sectors and every Nigerian at large.
Obviously you don't know the limits of the power of the president

SMH go and sleep
Re: Things I Will Do Differently If I'm The President by whitebeard(m): 11:37am On Oct 04, 2018
mrvitalis:

SMH go and sleep
the president has no limits....!
Re: Things I Will Do Differently If I'm The President by gabbylight: 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
mrvitalis:
SMH go and sleep
okay, just waking up from sleep. pls can you tell me the President's limit?
Re: Things I Will Do Differently If I'm The President by mrvitalis(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
gabbylight:

okay, just waking up from sleep. pls can you tell me the President's limit?
Most things you listed there the president don't have such powers or do Nigeria have the resources

Swapping power plants for nuclear.... Lol for how much?
Re: Things I Will Do Differently If I'm The President by gabbylight: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2018
mrvitalis:

Most things you listed there the president don't have such powers or do Nigeria have the resources

am not sure there is a place in the writeup where I said I'm gonna swap plants for nuclear.
Re: Things I Will Do Differently If I'm The President by gabbylight: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2018
mrvitalis:

moreover, can u list out they things in the writeup that the President have no power to do?

(1) (Reply)

Police Fires Teargassed At Senator Ben Bruce / APC Senatorial Primaries: Rochas Okorocha Disgraces Hope Uzodinma, Wins Landslid / Atiku Movement - AM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.