|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,797,392 members, 6,683,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 January 2022 at 11:27 AM
|Introduction Into Digital Marketing By Akinyemi by akinjuly77(m): 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2018|
What is Digital Marketing? - Learn Digital About Digital Marketing
Am Glad to Share with you in this part of my article The meaning of Digital Marketing.
Let's first split it into two Marketing and Digital, then we proceed to define the two terms.
What is Marketing? These are activities that are involved in making people aware of a company's products or Services. Most times they are branded Products or Services.
Since we understand the meaning of Marketing let's define Digital describes electronic technology that generates, stores, and processes data. Let's bring the two definitions together.
Digital Marketing is Type of Marketing and involves the use of technology or Programmatic utilities to Advertise Products and Services. I personally call it the New age Marketing but don't be confused when a Marketing Specialist talks about Online Marketing.
Online Marketing is a Subtype of Digital Marketing, and it involves any Marketing activity online. In Marketing Industry Digital Marketing and Online Marketing are used interchangeable based on Market Trends. However, there are major types of Online Marketing.
1. Search Engine Marketing (SEM): These are Marketing Activities dealing with Search Engine, and there are two types; Organic Search Marketing and Paid Search Marketing.
2. Social Media Marketing: These are Marketing activities done on Social Media Platforms, Examples are Facebook Marketing, Linkedin Marketing, Twitter Marketing, Instagram Marketing..Advertising: Advertising : This involves usage of Banner Ads to Market brands . It is mostly used for Brand awareness . You can make use of Tools such as Google AdWords Tools .
Advantage of Digital / Online Marketing Over Traditional Marketing
Digital Marketing has advantages over Traditional Marketing Because you measure you Advertising Data such as Campaign Budget ,Clicks and also Return on Investment (ROI) any time your Advertise .
In Traditional Marketing such Data's stipulated above can't be measured .
What are the Strengths of Digital Marketing ?
Digital Marketing can be used to achieve the following :
1. Improve Brand awareness : It's very important to create awareness and let Prospective Customers know about your Brand name or Products . Examples of Companies in Nigeria that have utilized Brand awareness to the fullest are Konga,Jumia ,JiJi .
2. Advertising at the moment : This is also an important part of Search Advertising . Advertising at the moment when Prospective Customers are Looking for a Product results in High Return on Investment (ROI) .
Research shows that when People are troubled or Curious to Learn or See something they Search it on Search Engines such has Google ,Bing ,Yahoo . And that is why Marketing using the Search network is very important however you can choose to Market using Organic Search method (Long-Term) or Pay-Per-Click Search Marketing (Short-Term) .
3. Geographical,Interest,Age,Sex Targeting : This are of greater Advantage compared to Traditional way of Marketing . Online Marketing helps to Filter and narrow Marketing to Prospective Customers which have high Probability of Converting into Sales or engaging in Services offered.
4. Measurement of Marketing Data has Stipulated in my write up .
Let's look at the Basic Terminologies of Digital Marketing ;
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Quality Score in Adwords
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Learn About Accelerated Mobile Page
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Marketing
- Cost-Per-Click (CPC) Bid
What is SEO ? - Search Engine Optmization
Are you new to SEO ?
The Following Guides/write ups will reveal to you What is SEO or Search Engine Optimization.
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from Search engines “free,” which we relate to as “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines. Those three terms are used interchangeable "Free"," Organic" "editorial" . Search Engines are engines that gives us the ability to Search and it produces results to whatever we have typed Whether its a question or you are Searching for a Product or Service in fact any information . You can get any information from the Search Engine .
Examples are Google ,Bing and Yahoo there are several others. I only mentioned the ones that dominates . Let's Continue with what SEO entails since we have understood what Search engine is and its Primary function .
SEO in 2016 has become a Science . SEO which is a marketing discipline which focuses on improving visibility in organic,editorial or natural (non-paid) search engine results. SEO comprises of both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, increase sales and brand awareness in search engines. In the other articles you will see how broad and wide SEO is and it might take you a lot of time to master the Core part of SEO . As a SEO Specialist your Primary assignment is to optimize websites in a way Search Engines Understand or can Understand.
|Re: Introduction Into Digital Marketing By Akinyemi by akinjuly77(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2018|
Why does my website need SEO?
This is another Great Question and if yanu are a SEO Specialist or you are a business owner and you want to understand why you really need SEO here is a brief introduction to Why a website needs SEO . Search engines are the primary method of navigation for Billions of Internet users. Research shows that when people are troubled or they need an Information they most times Search online for Solutions . Whether your sites Provides Contents, Services,Products, Information or anything billions of Internet users are out there looking for it and Search engine is the at-the-moment Place they can definitely find the Solution . If Billions of people are actually searching for information on the Search engine then your business has to be Present to give them Solution, either by Reading your Contents such as News , Buying your Products by using your E-commerce or E-booking or even contacting you via your Contact details , Patronizing your Services . Its a necessity to be there at the moment when users are Searching and they only way is getting Ranked through SEO .
Do want to hire a SEO Expert ?
Call Expert with 08069148899.
Can I do SEO for myself?
Yes ! You can do it your self ones you have acquired the knowledge of SEO to the depth . However so many people don't really have the time to spend on the Broad SEO , they prefer to outsourceanit to a SEO Company or hire a SEO Specialist. The answer is Yes but it depends on you , if you really want to spend time doing it yourself or you want to hire an SEO Specialist to do the JOB . The Following guides will help you Discover the steps to make taken when you want to optimize a website. Let's look at how to transform website to a better way Search Engines can Understand.
Basic Elementary SEO Terminologies
- Search engine algorithm
- What is a keyword ?
- What is Link Building ?
- What does Black hat means and its Negative effect ?
- What is PageRank ?
|Re: Introduction Into Digital Marketing By Akinyemi by akinjuly77(m): 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2018|
How to improve Quality score in Google AdWords for Website owners?
I will like to share to you "How to improve Quality Score in Google Adwords"Let's take them one by one the major ingredient needed to improve the quality score of the Adwords Campaign and will result in better Ads position and Decrease in Cost-per-click.
1. Expected Click through rate: Expected CTR is Google’s estimation rate at which ad viewers will click through from your ads to your landing page. In calculating Expected CTR, Google considers how well your keyword has performed historically, based on the position of your ad. Google assigns your keyword a rating of above average, average or below average, using only the exact match keyword.
2. Ad Relevance: Is a very important Factor in Online Marketing Generally ,in fact, Google critically look at that factor because Google's aim is to give the best result to users Searching for Inform ation ,Products and Services . This is an encouragement to Online Marketers to make sure your Ads are Relevant, then you will have a Good Quality Score during your Campaign. I always say "Do what is needed to be done to give your Prospective Customers the best , then expect Google's Reward !" .
3. Landing Experience: landing page experience is evaluated based on: Relevant (determined mostly by the presence of keywords on the page), useful and original content Transparency and trustworthiness Ease of navigation Encouraging visitors to spend time on your site
4. Quality Score: The default score when you start your campaign is 6/10 , then as you proceed their will variations in all keywords . As for me , i delete or move keywords less than 8/10 . Either i delete it or i move it to another Group or create another group to make it more relevant to my Ads. Google gives you better positions and decreases Cost -per-click when you have improved quality score .
Recommendation: You should include the keyword in the Headline text and clearly state a compelling value proposition related to that keyword. Relevance is paramount because it means you are delivering what is being searched for The Landing Page title should ideally, contain the keyword and the copy on the landing page should delve into it. A keyword density of just under 5% on the landing page text is ideal; don't overdue it. Remember to write landing page copy for the human visitor, not the Google bots. "Give them what they are searching for" should be the guiding principle (relevancy). Cheers!
|Re: Introduction Into Digital Marketing By Akinyemi by akinjuly77(m): 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2018|
|Re: Introduction Into Digital Marketing By Akinyemi by akinjuly77(m): 1:07am On Oct 05, 2018|
What is a keyword ?
A keyword is, the important part of a content. In terms of SEO, a keyword is a particular word or phrase that sums up the entire content on a web page. Search engines, such as Google, use these keywords to match appropriate web pages with search queries entered by users.
For example, a web page about headphones might use a keyword, such as ‘best over ear headphones 2016’. Or an online furniture store might target keywords such as ‘buy furniture cheap online’.
Basically keyword(s) is the name for a meta elements (it is concatenated because HTML name attribute cannot contain a space.
For content the phrase should be “key word”, where ‘key’ is used as a synonym for “important” which we can as well say Important words in a Content .
We can also have different definitions from different Scholars in the Internet world .
|Re: Introduction Into Digital Marketing By Akinyemi by akinjuly77(m): 5:45am On Oct 05, 2018|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123