Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan (10421 Views)

AGSMEIS - Nirsal Loan Applicants Rejected By Government / Beneficiaries Of CBN's AGSMEIS Loan Share Their Testimony / Groundnut Oil Production Business | Small Scale Manufacturing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by Korofoh: 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hello (prospective) business owners. This thread is on how to access loan via a scheme called Agric-Business/Small and Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS)

Please note: it is not limited to Agriculture alone and it takes care of both start ups and existing businesses

Before going into details on how loan can be accessed via AGSMEIS, I will do an introduction of the scheme, aims and objectives of the Scheme also state the activities covered by the Scheme.

AGSMES is a voluntary initiative of the Bankers' Committee approved at its 331st meeting held on 9th February, 2017. The Scheme requires all banks in Nigeria to set aside 5% of their profit after tax (PAT) annually.

The initiative is to support the Federal Government's efforts and policy measures for the promotion of Agricultural Businesses, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) as vehicles for sustainable economic development and employment generation.

The objectives of the Scheme includes:

To ensure access to finance for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), as these are the engine of growth of the Nigerian economy.

To generate much-needed employment opportunities in Nigeria.

To develop agricultural value chain and ensure sustainable agricultural practices.

Boost the managerial capacity of Agri-Business/SMEs as pipelines of growing enterprises that can become huge coporate organizations.

Activities covered include:
Businesses across the agricultural value chain covering inputs supply, production, storage, processing, logistics and marketing. MSMEs in the real sector including manufacturing, mining and petrochemicals.

MSMEs in the service sector including information and communication technology (ICT) and the creative industry. Other activities as may be determined by the Bankers' Committee from time to time.

Now to access AGSMEIS loan, there are some conditions that must be met.

1)interested applicant must have been trained by an Entrepreneur Development Institute (EDI)

2)interested applicant will apply for loan via an EDI

3)the applications will then be sent to CBN for processing

4)applicants will be called for an interview regarding his/her business.

5)those qualified will be contacted and given the loan.

NOTE: LOANS MAY NOT COME IN CASH, RATHER NEEDED EQUIPMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED WHERE NECESSARY AND CASH WHERE NECESSARY (IN THE CASE OF WORKING CAPITAL)

For the loan repayment, maximum of 18 months moratorium will be given on the loan principal and 6 months on the interest of the loan.
Interest rate is at 5% per annum payable within 7years. Loan limit is 10million naira

For those that are self trained or already in business, you can approach an EDI, tell them you want to apply for AGSMEIS loan and they will tell you what to do. Incase of any doubt, please visit any CBN branch nationwide, go to Development Finance Office and ask questions if you have any.

Please be informed that whatever state your business is located is where you are eligible to apply as there will be periodic follow up.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by basmur(m): 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
Spoke person, source pls

1 Like

Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by laivwire(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2018
I just learnt that if you have earned a certificate from an EDI previously perhaps through the YES-P or BOI schemes, you can present the certificate at the EDI and move on with the processing.

This can be of some importance as Sterling bank is charging #7,500 for the training they will be providing this month, a training which I believe is supposed to be free of cost considering the other requirements they will put the applicants through further down the application process and for the fact that the funds provided will not be a grant but a loan that will be paid back with interest.

1 Like

Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by dyydxx: 9:51am On Nov 26, 2018
laivwire:
I just learnt that if you have earned a certificate from an EDI previously perhaps through the YES-P or BOI schemes, you can present the certificate at the EDI and move on with the processing.

This can be of some importance as Sterling bank is charging #7,500 for the training they will be providing this month, a training which I believe is supposed to be free of cost considering the other requirements they will put the applicants through further down the application process and for the fact that the funds provided will not be a grant but a loan that will be paid back with interest.
I wish I knew this I just paid a whole 10k for the programme here in Ikeja. I wish I had read this earlier I'm really pained.

Is this thing real? Cos BOI was very hard to Access and Yes P was a failure. Is this one real?

1 Like

Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by laivwire(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
dyydxx:

I wish I knew this I just paid a whole 10k for the programme here in Ikeja. I wish I had read this earlier I'm really pained.

Is this thing real? Cos BOI was very hard to Access and Yes P was a failure. Is this one real?
I'll like to believe its real with the strict process being proposed in the application process. Additionally, its campaign time, the government will want to use this as a tool and its a loan, only the interest rate, moratorium and collateral terms make it different from a typical bank loan.
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by dyydxx: 1:26pm On Nov 26, 2018
laivwire:

I'll like to believe its real with the strict process being proposed in the application process. Additionally, its campaign time, the government will want to use this as a tool and its a loan, only the interest rate, moratorium and collateral terms make it different from a typical bank loan.

apart from the training certificate, what are the other requirements?
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by johnmba: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
This should be on front page not cleavage bearing, snake , tonto dike etc

Lalastic and seun
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
Please did anyone apply through union bank?
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by Chinlov: 11:38am On Dec 06, 2018
Pls any successful applicants?

1 Like

Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by kokozain(m): 9:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
Pls kindly put this on front page. Seun I take God beg u
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by XaviDayo(m): 12:43pm On Jan 29, 2019
Did my training in Kaduna with Sterling bank and till date, we don't know what is happening. No loan forms...nothing. we just dey wait.
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by DXXMI: 6:29am On Feb 06, 2019
issorit
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by Iykecollins(m): 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2019
Very strict process
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by essenceplus: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ok
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by littledarline(f): 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
I have been seeing flyers of this project but I want to ask, is it really true? as in, who has benefited from it?

Korofoh:
Hello (prospective) business owners. This thread is on how to access loan via a scheme called Agric-Business/Small and Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS)

Please note: it is not limited to Agriculture alone and it takes care of both start ups and existing businesses

Before going into details on how loan can be accessed via AGSMEIS, I will do an introduction of the scheme, aims and objectives of the Scheme also state the activities covered by the Scheme.

AGSMES is a voluntary initiative of the Bankers' Committee approved at its 331st meeting held on 9th February, 2017. The Scheme requires all banks in Nigeria to set aside 5% of their profit after tax (PAT) annually.

The initiative is to support the Federal Government's efforts and policy measures for the promotion of Agricultural Businesses, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) as vehicles for sustainable economic development and employment generation.

The objectives of the Scheme includes:

To ensure access to finance for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), as these are the engine of growth of the Nigerian economy.

To generate much-needed employment opportunities in Nigeria.

To develop agricultural value chain and ensure sustainable agricultural practices.

Boost the managerial capacity of Agri-Business/SMEs as pipelines of growing enterprises that can become huge coporate organizations.

Activities covered include:
Businesses across the agricultural value chain covering inputs supply, production, storage, processing, logistics and marketing. MSMEs in the real sector including manufacturing, mining and petrochemicals.

MSMEs in the service sector including information and communication technology (ICT) and the creative industry. Other activities as may be determined by the Bankers' Committee from time to time.

Now to access AGSMEIS loan, there are some conditions that must be met.

1)interested applicant must have been trained by an Entrepreneur Development Institute (EDI)

2)interested applicant will apply for loan via an EDI

3)the applications will then be sent to CBN for processing

4)applicants will be called for an interview regarding his/her business.

5)those qualified will be contacted and given the loan.

NOTE: LOANS MAY NOT COME IN CASH, RATHER NEEDED EQUIPMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED WHERE NECESSARY AND CASH WHERE NECESSARY (IN THE CASE OF WORKING CAPITAL)

For the loan repayment, maximum of 18 months moratorium will be given on the loan principal and 6 months on the interest of the loan.
Interest rate is at 5% per annum payable within 7years. Loan limit is 10million naira

For those that are self trained or already in business, you can approach an EDI, tell them you want to apply for AGSMEIS loan and they will tell you what to do. Incase of any doubt, please visit any CBN branch nationwide, go to Development Finance Office and ask questions if you have any.

Please be informed that whatever state your business is located is where you are eligible to apply as there will be periodic follow up.
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by princemose: 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
I am a Poultry farmer in Akwa Ibom state. I will want you to advice me on how to go about this loan having read this.
I read similar post on HOW TO GET THE AGSMEIS LOAN on https://trendinglots.com/the-precise-solution-to-get-loan-of-ten-million-naira-loan-from-the-cbn-agsmeis-to-launch-or-grow-your-business/
I don't know how real the above facts are. Please i need your response
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by kokozain(m): 7:46am On Sep 04, 2019
princemose:
I am a Poultry farmer in Akwa Ibom state. I will want you to advice me on how to go about this loan having read this.
I read similar post on HOW TO GET THE AGSMEIS LOAN on https://trendinglots.com/the-precise-solution-to-get-loan-of-ten-million-naira-loan-from-the-cbn-agsmeis-to-launch-or-grow-your-business/
I don't know how real the above facts are. Please i need your response
Go to NATIONAL DIRECTORATE OF EMPLOYMENT OR SMEDAN IN YOUR STATE AND MAKE ENQUIRIES
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by Bestnigeriabusi(m): 7:29am On Aug 25, 2020
AGSMEIS Loan For SME’s and Agricultural Businesses

click here for full details >>> https://www.bestnigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/how-to-access-cbn-agsmeis-loan-for-smes-and-agricultural-businesses/
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by Cashalhaji: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
Impressive will make enquiries
Re: Agric-business/small And Medium Enterprises Investment Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan by sonofyisa(m): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
kokozain:
Pls kindly put this on front page. Seun I take God beg u
who has benefited from thisloan pls help put other people through

(1) (Reply)

CBN To Refund ₦35 Million Capital Deposits To BDC Applicants / Importing Building Materials From China / Unveiled: How MMM Owners Make Millions Of Money From MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.