Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele (20422 Views)

‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour / APC In Lagos Is Like A Mafia Organization — Bucknor-Akerele (Throwback) / Atiku: NNPC Is A Mafia Organisation… I Will Privatise It Even If They’ll Kill Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Racoon(m): 4:28am On Oct 05, 2018
A former Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele, has described the outcome of the governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos as ‘absolutely disgraceful’ and shows that the party is more like a mafia organisation.

She said this in an interview with Channels Television on Thursday at the venue of the governorship primary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

According to her, the fact that an incumbent governor could not emerge as the party’s candidate in the primary because of the idea that “one man must be served”, showed that the APC was no longer a political party.

She said, “I think it is absolutely disgraceful, what has happened in the APC because it would seem that the whole idea in the APC is that everyone should be serving one man and if you’re not ready to serve that one man, then you are out, so to speak.”

“It’s not a political party; it’s more like a mafia organisation”.Bucknor-Akerele, however, did not mention any names.

When asked how her relationship was with former Lagos State governor and national leader of the APC, Bola Tinubu, considering that she worked closely with him and was deputy governor under him from 1999 to 2002, she responded by saying, “Well, I was never ‘very close’ to him”.

“Yes, we were together in the Senate, we fought for the restoration of June 12 and I was his deputy but certainly if the way he treated me when I was his deputy is the way you treat someone who is very close to you, then I’m sorry, I think it leaves much to be desired.”

Following the conclusion of the APC governorship primaries, in which Babajide Sanwo-Olu emerged as the flag bearer, the PDP on Thursday began the process of determining who would become its candidate in 2019.

The party has to choose either Mr Adedeji Doherty or its flagbearer in 2015, Mr Jimi Agbaje, for the 2019 governorship election.

The former deputy governor who since defected to the PDP said she was confident that the party would emerge victorious at the election.

She, however, explained that the success or otherwise of the party depended more on the ability of the electoral umpire (INEC) to stay neutral, adding that it had very little to do with the candidate in question.

She, therefore, called for an overhaul of the commission, stating that it is the only way to ensure a free and fair process.“It’s not so much the candidate; it’s the machinery on the ground to be able to defeat the APC. Not only that, we have to ensure that INEC is fair.

“INEC is no longer independent. INEC is (I wouldn’t say in the pocket exactly) but they are certainly leaning towards the APC in everything we see.

“We could see that quite clearly from what happened in the Ekiti and Osun elections and I am hoping that there would be something done about INEC and maybe some of these electoral officers should be removed,” she said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/10/04/lagos-governorship-primary-what-has-happened-in-apc-is-absolutely-disgraceful-bucknor-akerele/?utm_source=TW&utm_medium=ChannelsTV-+AutoPoster&utm_campaign=SNAP%2Bfrom%2BChannels+Television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azY2akIO8fQ

13 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Born2Breed(f): 4:31am On Oct 05, 2018
All political parties are Mafia's.

23 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Racoon(m): 4:32am On Oct 05, 2018
INEC is no longer independent. INEC is (I wouldn’t say in the pocket exactly) but they are certainly leaning towards the APC in everything we see.

“We could see that quite clearly from what happened in the Ekiti and Osun elections and I am hoping that there would be something done about INEC and maybe some of these electoral officers should be removed,” she said.
This is what Tinubu that fought June-12 with her is telling the whole world that "democracy is @ work in Nigeria". undecided

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Racoon(m): 4:33am On Oct 05, 2018
"...According to her, the fact that an incumbent governor could not emerge as the party’s candidate in the primary because of the idea that “one man must be served”, showed that the APC was no longer a political party.

She said, “I think it is absolutely disgraceful, what has happened in the APC because it would seem that the whole idea in the APC is that everyone should be serving one man and if you’re not ready to serve that one man, then you are out, so to speak.”

18 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by hyfr(m): 4:42am On Oct 05, 2018
Tinubu is holding Lagos state and southwest Nigeria to ransom. Did some few reasearch about him and I found out that he’s the *REAL OBA* of the whole southwest Nigeria. The man has bought and converted almost all FG projects and turned it into private owned investments, fashola sold almost all FG properties to him under the guise of privatization. Ambode is the only one that’s trying to stop this, and the whole state is against him. How do we want this country to move ahead?
What baffles me the most is why he’s been feared and revered in the SW part of our country
Seems he is the only son of Oduduwa or he’s Oduduwas incarnate on earth.
The whole SW should man up and change it for this criminal, rather than applaud and herald him like a champion

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by chriskosherbal(m): 4:47am On Oct 05, 2018
hyfr:
Tinubu is holding Lagos state and southwest Nigeria to ransom. Did some few reasearch about him and I found out that he’s the *REAL OBA* of the whole southwest Nigeria. The man has bought and converted almost all FG projects and turned it into private owned investments, fashola sold almost all FG properties to him under the guise of privatization. Ambode is the only one that’s trying to stop this, and the whole state is against him. How do we want this country to move ahead?
What baffles me the most is why he’s been feared and revered in the SW part of our country
The whole SW should man up and change it for this criminal, rather than applaud and herald him like a champion
undecided undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by jumpandpas(m): 4:50am On Oct 05, 2018
grin

"According to her, the fact that an incumbent governor could not emerge as the party’s candidate in the primary because of the idea that “one man must be served”, showed that the APC was no longer a political party".

You nailed it Maa.
Every other thing they're saying as an excuse to remove Ambode is rubbish.

Tinubu is an agbero running the entire Lagos like his motor park.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Nobody: 4:54am On Oct 05, 2018
Apc is not known for anything good... Useless terrorist political party... No vision.. No blueprint.. No internal democracy... No legacy to work on.. Just regurgitate old mantra propaganda to make up for their mediocre style of governance....supposed educated idiots University graduates have turned to misfit beggars with torrential madness just to defend a killer political party
Useless mafioso organization

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by tunwumi: 4:56am On Oct 05, 2018
they are actually

1 Like

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by WawaIPODJew: 4:58am On Oct 05, 2018
Watch as Ipob terrorists come to masturbate on the thread cheesy

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Brains1990(m): 5:01am On Oct 05, 2018
It doesn't matter.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 05, 2018
My question is must you serve second term? I thinki will go with Lagos state in this. Must you serve the second term? It has to be by performance. If you don't perform very well and impress people , you must be kicked out. This method should be extended to all political parties. I see first term as an avenue for many politicians to start a project, then abandon it towards the end of the first term and hold people/electorates to ransom to vote for you and you will complete it but as soon they resume for second term, they abandon everything totally and go on looting spray, then when about to go, install their puppets to cover up while they go for higher position especially senate or federal house to go and be sleeping and turn the place as their retirement home. Ogun , Kwara, Abia are case studies. That's how this country is being governed. And the circle continues. Must it be like that? Let your work speak for you. Ambode started very well in his first 2 years, but the thing entered his head and he never listen to anyone, when they taught he was deviating. He never give room for critical deliberation and thinking among his party stakeholders. And they waited for him at the right time. What happened if he continues the work fashola started ? He just scattered everything and turn Lagos to mess. Many that are not staying in Lagos will be speaking trash. Just look how fashola touched every community and streets with good roads. But now, what do you see there?
Let's leave sentiment for once and face good governance. If you don't perform, or you deviate from party manifesto and continuity, you must be kicked out after your first term. Let's the woman stop wailing.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Sweetcollins: 5:02am On Oct 05, 2018
Mafia kwa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by dokyOloye: 5:03am On Oct 05, 2018
Lolz.
Worse than a mafia organisation sef

3 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Brains1990(m): 5:04am On Oct 05, 2018
Yes it doesn't matter. PDP were worst.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by jumpandpas(m): 5:05am On Oct 05, 2018

You're right Madam.

In APC you must serve one man (godfather).

Ask them to point at the achievements of Tinubu and watch them insult you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by AntiWailer: 5:05am On Oct 05, 2018
Lol

Bucknor is still pained by what Tinubu did to her.

God Father aside, Majority of Lagosians who live in Lagos and pay tax do not think Ambode deserve a second term in office.

That said, I pray the APC implosion and self destruction is completed and another party take over the State for accountability purpose.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by 2n2k(m): 5:06am On Oct 05, 2018
hyfr:

Fashola is not in charge of privatization of FG assets, how could he have sold all to Tinubu?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Guestlander: 5:06am On Oct 05, 2018
By their comments you shall know them.

4 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by backnbeta(f): 5:06am On Oct 05, 2018
There is no act of treachery or meanness of which a political party is not capable; for in politics there is no honour.

Benjamin Disraeli

6 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by jumpandpas(m): 5:08am On Oct 05, 2018
Brains1990:
Yes it doesn't matter. PDP were worst.

See them.

Tell them the mistakes of APC and watch them tell you "PDP DID THE SAME"

Ask them WHERE IS THE CHANGE?, and watch them tell you "ASK THE CONDUCTOR".

cc Lzza Immhotep madridguy cilicmarine omenka yarimo yyeske liondeleo ngeneukwenu buhariguy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by AntiWailer: 5:09am On Oct 05, 2018
hyfr:

When you write rubbish for the ‘like’ button by people who cnt process information no matter how stupid, F00lish or ridiculously idiotic it sounds.

When did Fashola start selling FG properties ? And mention just 2 bought by Tinubu.

Fashola and Tinubu are not even in good terms.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Brains1990(m): 5:10am On Oct 05, 2018
jumpandpas:

See them.

This is our time, go and sit down nigga. Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by AntiWailer: 5:10am On Oct 05, 2018
2n2k:

Fashola is not in charge of privatization of FG assets, how could he have sold all to Tinubu?

No mind the guy.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by jumpandpas(m): 5:14am On Oct 05, 2018
Brains1990:
This is our time, go and sit down nigga. Lol

Enjoy your CHAINge.

3 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Brains1990(m): 5:16am On Oct 05, 2018
jumpandpas:

Enjoy your CHAINge.
we ain't complaining

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by jumpandpas(m): 5:20am On Oct 05, 2018
Brains1990:
we ain't complaining

Lol....complain full ground .

If you know you know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Corrinthians(m): 5:20am On Oct 05, 2018
Every political party in the world is like a Mafia Organisation Sir.

If you know you know. smiley

7 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by hyfr(m): 5:20am On Oct 05, 2018
AntiWailer:

When you write rubbish for the ‘like’ button by people who cnt process information no matter how stupid it sounds.

When did Fashola start selling FG properties ? And mention just 2 bought by Tinubu.

I’d ignored your senility thats if u know at all, but let me keep u on check

4 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by hyfr(m): 5:21am On Oct 05, 2018
2n2k:

very funny of u

2 Likes

Re: APC Is More Like A Mafia Organisation – Bucknor-akerele by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 05, 2018
jumpandpas:

See them.

Change begins with the conductor grin grin

cc Lzaa Immhotep madridguy cilicmarine omenka yarimo yyeske liondeleo ngeneukwenu buhariguy

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike / Osun REC Admits Politicians, INEC Staff Bypassed BVAS / Corps Members Handling BVAS On Election Day Will Be Tracked – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.