Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari (629 Views)

I Saved Nigeria From Corruption — Buhari / Personally, I Hate Corruption - Buhari / Corruption: Buhari Expresses Frustration Over Slow Justice System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by Prinq: 4:53am On Oct 05, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday, said the anti-corruption war of his administration was not negotiable.

He said it was a must for him to fight graft because that was one of the reasons he was elected.

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, the President spoke while receiving a former South African President, Thabo Mbeki, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Mbeki, who heads the African Union High-Level Panel on Illicit Flows from Africa, was in Nigeria to give Buhari, who is the current champion of AU Anti-Corruption Campaign, some updates.

The President said since his electoral promises to Nigerians included fighting corruption, he could not afford to let the people down.

He said, “For this administration, fighting corruption is non-negotiable. It is a must.

“We must fight corruption frontally because it’s one of the reasons we got elected.

“We campaigned on three fundamental issues: security, reviving the economy, and fight against corruption. It’s the reason we got elected, and we can’t afford to let our people down.”

Noting that the government was making progress on the anti-corruption war, “and not just talking,” the President said he was very pleased with the assignment the former South African President was carrying out for the African continent.

He submitted that when Africa was vigorous with the war against corruption, “we will eventually appeal to the conscience of the rest of the world.”

In his remarks, Mbeki said corruption was an African challenge that must be responded to, “as development challenges can only be met through the check of illicit financial flows.”

He said he was delighted that Buhari touched on the issue in most of his speeches, with the most recent being at the United Nations General Assembly last week.

“We are pleased with the way you take up the matter. Countries need the political will to stop the illicit flow. Nigeria has shown a good example.

“The more we are showing that we are acting as Africans, the easier to get the rest of the world to cooperate,” Mbeki said.

Source:- http://www.lekkigists.com.ng/2018/10/i-was-elected-to-fight-corruption-buhari.html
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:54am On Oct 05, 2018
What's this idiat saying again
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by RZArecta2(m): 4:57am On Oct 05, 2018
Nonsense man, ordinary the corruption sef you can't even fight. Thunder scatter your yansh there. Ewu Daura cool
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by hyfr(m): 4:57am On Oct 05, 2018
Either way the Mods understands it

Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by backnbeta(f): 4:59am On Oct 05, 2018
Fighting corruption indeed undecided
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by WawaIPODJew: 5:00am On Oct 05, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
What's this idiat saying again
your father cheesy.
Watch as Ipob flattinoo Jews storm the thread to masturbate cheesy
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 05, 2018
Buhari please refer to transparency International.

From 136 in 2016 to 148 in 2017.

Second to the last in this whole world.

If you have any integrity, Mimi Buhari, you will resign.

Buhari is the definition of FAILURE.
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by Racoon(m): 5:05am On Oct 05, 2018
"Any person who is obsessed with proclaiming his “integrity” at the slightest opportunity but won’t investigate, much less fire, shady characters he has appointed to work with- and for- him can’t possibly be truly a person of integrity.

From PTF to The Buhari Organization (TBO), Buhari has consistently protected corrupt close aides from the consequences of their ethical and legal infractions.

This attitude of mollycoddling corrupt but loyal aides and appointees while pretending to be a man of “integrity” who is “fighting” corruption is getting worse by the day and indicates that, in spite of self-righteous declarations to the contrary, Buhari is himself morally indistinguishable from his crooked cronies.

It is impossible to deploy the resources of logic to argue that Buhari has integrity. He doesn’t. Well, unless integrity means something to Buhari supporters other than what it actually means in the English language

Always talking shitcrap about fighting corruption when Buhari himself is corruption personified.Anyway something for BMO/BMC and his herded crew to masturbate upon.
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 05, 2018
Somebody should remind him that Nigerians ain't swallowing the pills anymore.

Typical of a charlatan, singing the song you think the people want to hear.

But we have all seen the corruption fight.

Maina shady reinstatement is a holy sanctification of the govt.

20billion dollars NNPC scandal was used for tithes to their most high and therefore not corruption.

The grasscutter from Adamawa is still earning millions.

Kemi Adeosun is a constituted authority and as such cannot be prosecuted.

The list is long men....
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by aolawale025: 5:31am On Oct 05, 2018
Very delusional to think there's any anti corruption fight going on
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by orisa37: 5:53am On Oct 05, 2018
Yes. And for that, you corrupted The Silly Swiss Court to share your brother Abacha Loot of almost $360million to your envisaged poor Miyetti Fulani Herdsmen.
Abacha was an Immigrant from The Greater Daura Emirate outside Nigeria Borders. The Loot was "Oil Money" from the ss and not "Groundnut Money" from Kano.
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by RevenGeMission: 6:19am On Oct 05, 2018
All i know is come fire, come brimstone , i will vote for Buhari 2019, God keep us alive

Buhari is doing what he can, however you can wash away the rot in the system for 16 years with 3 years , albeit 3 years of resistance from saboteurs and their sponsors

Is this not the same Nigeria where boko haram used to have field day with people's life ?

Where rustlers, herders and farmers used to clash almost everyday ?

where a politician and his son got 1 trillion subsidy payment whereas they had a non existent company ,home and office address ?

where somebody's wife has more than 1 trillion in fidelity bank, and the Piglet JoeSatan had the guts to take EFCC to court

Where Judges have millions of USD in their home vaults but can't account for the source when they got arrested

Where steel rolling was chopped to the ground and rail projects among other viable companies were at stand still ?

Nobody said fighting corruption would be easy , every attempt Buhari made, including special corruption court bills that'll ensure speedy trial was seized by NASS, instead they approved not too young to run, which translates to too broke to run

Many great philosophers around the world and even in Nigeria (Obafemi Awolowo) predicted Nigeria will be great when progressives take the helms of affairs , We are seeing the signs

We are not sentimental and we don't make decisions with emotions , therefore, Buhari has my vote one more time

FlatPod Jewus , the bastards of Israel can vote massively against Buhari if they want, their vote never counted before , it won't count now
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by Kezifils(m): 6:19am On Oct 05, 2018
And what a good job you have done so far
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 6:23am On Oct 05, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by Pekele007: 6:24am On Oct 05, 2018
A clueless and dull presidiot.
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by Bukolar1(f): 6:25am On Oct 05, 2018
corruption fight indeed!
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by kYjelly2: 6:31am On Oct 05, 2018
RevenGeMission:
All i know is come fire, come brimstone , i will vote for Buhari 2019, God keep us alive

Buhari is doing what he can, however you can wash away the rot in the system for 16 years with 3 years , albeit 3 years of resistance from saboteurs and their sponsors

Is this not the same Nigeria where boko haram used to have field day with people's life ?

Where rustlers, herders and farmers used to clash almost everyday ?

where a politician and his son got 1 trillion subsidy payment whereas they had a non existent company ,home and office address ?

where somebody's wife has more than 1 trillion in fidelity bank, and the Piglet JoeSatan had the guts to take EFCC to court

Where Judges have millions of USD in their home vaults but can't account for the source when they got arrested

Where steel rolling was chopped to the ground and rail projects among other viable companies were at stand still ?

Nobody said fighting corruption would be easy , every attempt Buhari made, including special corruption court bills that'll ensure speedy trial was seized by NASS, instead they approved not too young to run, which translates to too broke to run

Many great philosophers around the world and even in Nigeria (Obafemi Awolowo) predicted Nigeria will be great when progressives take the helms of affairs , We are seeing the signs

We are not sentimental and we don't make decisions with emotions , therefore, Buhari has my vote one more time

FlatPod Jewus , the bastards of Israel can vote massively against Buhari if they want, their vote never counted before , it won't count now

See dem!! Already calling Igbos, lol

See him saying PDP 16 years rule, but tell him that APC Lagos will be ruling for 24 years should they win and they will tell you to go back to your village.

Compare 16 years with 24 years

Zombie
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by Kalapizim(m): 6:47am On Oct 05, 2018
Fine and good but buhari would still be graded below average for fighting corruption alone sef.
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by Kalapizim(m): 6:48am On Oct 05, 2018
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by RevenGeMission: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2018
Please add some sense to this comment , i find this barely legible
kYjelly2:

See dem!! Already calling Igbos, lol

See him saying PDP 16 years rule, but tell him that APC Lagos will be ruling for 24 years should they win and they will tell you to go back to your village.

Compare 16 years with 24 years

Zombie
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by FarahAideed: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2018
This man has reached full senility
Re: I Was Elected To Fight Corruption –buhari by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 05, 2018
Its amazing how this man went to US for an important UN convention but no one really cared, the country preferred to just move on with better news.

I think the Country has moved beyond this repeated rhetorics..

(1) (Reply)

2019: Why Nigerians Should Not Elect Atiku As President – APC / Why I Prefer Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala First Woman VP Nigeria / How Nsima Ekere Ferried Money Into Hotel With His G-wagon To Bribe Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.