Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,911 members, 7,799,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go (3272 Views)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Qatar Is So Hot, Now Installs AC Outdoor And 2022 World Cup Stadium(Photos) / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by mails4okonta: 5:37am On Oct 05, 2018
Dear nairalanders, I just go a job offer in commercial bank of Qatar, Doha, as a software developer . Relocation, accommodation and transportation to and from the office has been take care of.
I work in a bank in Nigeria as a programmer. What are the pros and cons of Doha.

Should I take it.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by izibili44: 5:54am On Oct 05, 2018
mails4okonta:
Dear nairalanders, I just go a job offer in commercial bank of Qatar, Doha, as a software developer . Relocation, accommodation and transportation to and from the office has been take care of.
I work in a bank in Nigeria as a programmer. What are the probability and cons of Doha.

Should I take it.
Brother good to go.Take it.

6 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 05, 2018
Doha! City of fake job placement.

I will seriously advice that you approach Qatar consulate in Nigeria and verify authenticity of the job offer. My younger brother almost fell victim to an oil company job offer. The employment letter, sent via email, looked too real but alas after thorough enquiry, it was a scam.

Beware!

14 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by KendrickAyomide: 6:40am On Oct 05, 2018
you sure say no be scam? show me the mail make i see
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by mails4okonta: 6:45am On Oct 05, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
you sure say no be scam? show me the mail make i see

I no sure say Na scam. Because, a phone interview was conducted bro.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by mails4okonta: 6:46am On Oct 05, 2018
jidemoh:
Doha! City of fake job placement.

I will seriously advice that you approach Qatar consulate in Nigeria and verify authenticity of the job offer. My younger brother almost fell victim to an oil company job offer. The employment letter, sent via email, looked too real but alas after thorough enquiry, it was a scam.

Beware!

Sure! I will
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by Originalsly: 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2018
Hmmm......a phone interview was conducted.....and you are wondering if it's a scam.
'Don't go chasing waterfalls ...
Please stick to the lakes and rivers that you're used to

TLC

4 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2018
mails4okonta:
I work in a bank in Nigeria as a programmer. What are the pros and cons of Doha.

Should I take it.

This must be a SCAM!

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by peacengine(m): 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2018
Na scam bro grin

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by alaye123: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2018
mails4okonta:

Should I take it.

What courses do i need to work as a developer in the financial institute.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by SOTAJ: 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
SCAM!
Run as fast as your legs can take you. grin
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2018
mails4okonta:

Phone interview means nothing !!! Stay Woke!
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 06, 2018
I see a mod removed my post for telling the truth. How objective smh
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by Dollabiz: 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
mails4okonta:

People has been warned several times not to fall for the indian scams. Just like nigerians know for cyber scams worldwide.indians are behind major scams in Arab world dubai qatar kuwait Bahrain Saudi Oman... they full everywhere .and if you see their offices they look real and has employees. They arrange all these fake job scams even went as far as organizing fake interviews physical interviews and issue fake employment letters after fee is paid by so called applicants.i have witnessed this in dubai and qatar several years back.please be warned .dont fall for this .verify carefully. Also I advice those leaving the shore of this country to try to relocate to US canada Australia or Western Europe for a great future ahead .middle east doesn’t worth that stress having lived in 4 Middle East countries for 8years. U can’t settle down..residency renewal is done yearly, no social life, unfavorable labour laws, majority of foreign workers are labourers. It’s really hard to make it except for foreign workers who are on transfer from their countries like the oil workers and construction workers or hotel management staffs and those who has spent years in those countries!

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:19am On Oct 08, 2018
Tell them bro! Nigerians are desperate when it comes to Arab countries lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dollabiz:

People has been warned several times not to fall for the indian scams. Just like nigerians know for cyber scams worldwide.indians are behind major scams in Arab world dubai qatar kuwait Bahrain Saudi Oman... they full everywhere .and if you see their offices they look real and has employees. They arrange all these fake job scams even went as far as organizing fake interviews physical interviews and issue fake employment letters after fee is paid by so called applicants.i have witnessed this in dubai and qatar several years back.please be warned .dont fall for this .verify carefully. Also I advice those leaving the shore of this country to try to relocate to US canada Australia or Western Europe for a great future ahead .middle east doesn’t worth that stress having lived in 4 Middle East countries for 8years. U can’t settle down..residency renewal is done yearly, no social life, unfavorable labour laws, majority of foreign workers are labourers. It’s really hard to make it except for foreign workers who are on transfer from their countries like the oil workers and construction workers or hotel management staffs and those who has spent years in those countries!
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by Edhy: 11:19am On Nov 03, 2018
This is no scam, offer has also been received. And its genuine. They call from their HR department. The personnel can be found on LinkedIn. Not everything is scam bro.
We have Nigerians working in the bank too.
Always very all claims before u tag it scam or fake.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
Edhy:
This is no scam, offer has also been received. And its genuine. They call from their HR department. The personnel can be found on LinkedIn. Not everything is scam bro.

You better watch what u saying!!!

They called from their HR Department and so? That means nothing bro and that’s how scammers dey work.
It’s going to take u just few seconds to sign up LinkedIn so brother stop trying to back what u know nothing about unless you r a scammer!

“We have Nigerians working in Qatar Banks” who is “We” ?
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Nov 03, 2018
Edhy:

Funny that you are not the op and you registered just few minutes ago and suddenly claimed that the offer is genuine.

How do you know that they called from their HR department and the profile in LinkedIn is not set up purposely as part of the scam?

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by mails4okonta: 6:13am On Mar 02, 2019
Lol...Turns out the offer was Genuine....

Moved to Qatar already and am enjoying it.

Thanks Everyone

3 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by Hadampson(m): 7:20am On Mar 02, 2019
mails4okonta:

Thanks Everyone

Good to hear that boss
Wish you success in your future endeavors.

Can you gist us about life in Qatar PLEASE cheesy
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by modskiller(m): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2019
mails4okonta:

Thanks Everyone

ME running after you like

[img]https:///media/10-18-2018/FPsFLy.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by sukerefakere(m): 8:44am On Mar 02, 2019
Glad to hear
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 02, 2019
Try to verify its authenticity through the way someone up there advised.
Also, google the company, try to find their official website and contact details and reach out to them to confirm too. If it's all genuine and the pay is good, get out of this country as fast as you can. You can even request a leave from your present work place just in case. Best wishes.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by mamatwiny(f): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2019
Op, how did u apply?
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by davide470(m): 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
ariketalks:
Try to verify its authenticity through the way someone up there advised.
Also, google the company, try to find their official website and contact details and reach out to them to confirm too. If it's all genuine and the pay is good, get out of this country as fast as you can. You can even request a leave from your present work place just in case. Best wishes.
You do know this was a thread from last year right?

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by davide470(m): 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
mails4okonta:

Thanks Everyone
That's great!

Enjoy Doha! Whenever i visit, i will send you a PM wink
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by Mizwisdom(f): 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
mamatwiny:
Op, how did u apply?

Go to Qatar thread. Don't be a victim of scam
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Commercial Bank Of Qatar, Is It Advisable To Go by emidizy(m): 4:31am On Mar 03, 2019
mails4okonta:

Thanks Everyone

I would like to make some inquiries from you with regards to your work experience and travel. Already sent a PM

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Destination Is Now Canada? / Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. / AMERICA: The Best Country In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.