Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN (32400 Views)

How To Master The 3 Phases Of Customer Engagement At Events / 16 Businesses To Start In Nigeria With N50,000 Or Less / Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by wisdom042(m): 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2018
CBN which way na abi una no knw say spraying of money dey give d event swag. Abeg make una no spoil our fun o we dey enjoy am.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by akphrat(m): 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2018
I pity all these FUJI artiste now
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Nuzo1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
1899Milan:

LOL. . .how does putting it in an envelope and giving the celebrant help them "buga"...lawless society, mobile court will probably collect 20% of the fine (or less) and let go.

No mobile court will collect any bribe from you if you do as instructed by CBN.

So, the lawlessness usually starts from the person who breaks the law by spraying money on the floor.

These rules are very simple to observe.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by SoNature(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
DeeTweenie:
See trouble o, na their money ni?

So how do we shine in parties now?

Something i have already changed mint cash of 100naira notes to Spray, now it wont come to reality

It is Nigerian currency

It costs Nigerian government a lot to replace mutilated cash

Even before CBN accepts that damaged cash from banks, the commercial banks pay some form of tax, that's why some banks reject damaged cash

I know that laws don't work in Nigeria, but I'd love to see this one work

It's only in Nigeria that people sell mint (new wads of note). Indeed, a lot of crazy things happen here. But this policy, if fully implemented, will run those people out of business.

1 Like

Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by AdonaiAluminium: 2:59pm On Oct 05, 2018
I hope my Yoruba friends are listening

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems, insulated roofing sheets, roof maintenance services etc
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Ugosample(m): 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
1899Milan:

LOL. . .how does putting it in an envelope and giving the celebrant help them "buga"...lawless society, mobile court will probably collect 20% of the fine (or less) and let go.
exactly
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Ugosample(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2018
venai:
So chief Mgborogwu Ogwu1 of Ngaga will not be spraying money at parties any more cheesy, I don't know why I am
very happy with this new law. May be it's because nobody will be terrorizing me at parties again.
I hope my Anambra blothers will not start spraying Dollars at parties now.
Abeg make them ban the spraying of Dollars too.

"terrorising" you

How can a guy spraying money terrorise you?

1 Like

Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Ugosample(m): 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2018
kokomilala:
I can see why this country is struggling to get on its feet.Reasonable mortals shoud be applauding this corrective step by the CBN.But alas,some are kicking against it;others liking their posts.
It's only idiots and immorally inbred people who abuse their nation's currency with such condescending amusement. Or,idiots who have fallen below the ordinary level.Whether they are educated or ill-educated,they become immorally misplaced once they do this.
what worries me even is the notice for spraying, not even the spraying itself

the motive is very wrong (show off/intimidation)
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by oladele00(m): 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
The yourubas are in serious mess... It is a step in the right direction
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by colossus91(m): 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2018
and 50k will stop yahoo boys and our so called "investors" from spraying? wonderful lawgrin
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Ugosample(m): 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2018
SoNature:

It is Nigerian currency

It costs Nigerian government a lot to destroy mutilated cash

Even before CBN accepts that damaged cash from banks, the commercial banks pay some form of tax, that's why some banks reject damaged cash

I know that laws don't work in Nigeria, but I'd love to see this one work

It's only in Nigeria that people sell mint (new wads of note). Indeed, a lot of crazy things happen here. But this policy, if fully implemented, will run those people out of business.
why would the cbn even tax the commercial bank for the damaged notes??

What kind of useless country is this bikonu?

It costs them so much to print money bla bla is no excuse
how about improving the e platforms and mobile money and other platforms like that to reduce drastically the dependence on cash?

I thank God at least when last i was in Nigeria, the POS culture and the *737 transfer culture is taking shape, but we need to do more

elsewhere, you might not even need to carry much cash sef
all the payments you make that day, from transport to food and every other thing can be done via transfers

but my shameless $hithole country of origin is still far far behind

Even Kenya has done wonders with their m-pesa so much so that even market women have embraced that innovation
but in Nigeria? undecided

1 Like

Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by SAMBARRY: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2018
majamajic:
Na today ?

how wedding wan sweet without spraying money ?

so if I wan spray 500k, I will put it in envelope and go give to couple ?

Naija problem is not about spraying money, but one president enter and print N100, N200, N500 and N1000. before his first 4yrs in office that's what we suffering till today, his name is OBJ. Make una leave Jona and Bubu alone.
don't mind them.do you know since when they've been making these empty threats?

Moreover when I start seeing decent and clean 100 naira notes in circulation,they can come back and make threats,till then they should take several seats back
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by kokomilala(m): 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2018
@Ugosample,you're right.It was my people, the Yoruba, who started this nonsense, but they've injected the whole nation with its virus.
We should do away with cultures that project us as idiots or people who don't know what they're doing in the eyes of the world.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by 1899Milan: 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2018
Nuzo1:

No mobile court will collect any bribe from you if you do as instructed by CBN.

So, the lawlessness usually starts from the person who breaks the law by spraying money on the floor.

These rules are very simple to observe.

You do know you can use the same energy applied to the second bolded for the first. I dont know where in my statement i indicated I'll bribe a mobile court.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Ogaini: 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
Some of our laws are simply ridiculous and annoying. Is this our major problem? Can you spray if u don't have?
Concentrate on proffering solutions to our economy problems.
Those stealing our monies with impunity are the ones abusing our naira.
After all, the law is dead on arrival.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Elxandre(m): 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2018
Ogaini:
Some of our laws are simply ridiculous and annoying. Is this our major problem? Can you spray if u don't have?
Concentrate on proffering solutions to our economy problems.
Those stealing our monies with impunity are the ones abusing our naira.
After all, the law is dead on arrival.
Defacing of currency notes is not a joke.
It's a national symbol.
I believe many countries have similar laws.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by dnawah(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2018
olaboo123:
CBN bans spraying of money In parties across Nigeria, says those caught are liable to be jailed of pay 50k fine

A new directive from CBN says mobile courts are now to summarily try those bastardising the national currency, the naira. The committee said those who “spray” naira notes at parties risk going to jail for six months or earning a fine of N50,000 after trial by mobile courts that would be deployed nationwide.

Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) spokesman Isaac Okorafor said the police and the Ministry of Justice would be involved in the operation, adding:

“If a celebrant is dancing and you spray him/her, you may go to jail from the party venue because the law enforcement agents will be there, waiting to arrest you.

It is the duty of law enforcement agencies to catch offenders and take them to court. Our collaboration with the police will intensify as we move to implement the mobile court for offenders.”

Admonishing Nigerians on how to use cash as gift, Okorafor said: “If you want to give, put the money in an envelop, and give it the celebrant. Let’s know that anybody hawking and writing on the naira will face six months in jail or N50,000 or both.”

Managing Director of First Securities Discount House (FSDH) Merchant Bank Mrs. Handa Ambah said people selling naira notes would be punished.

She said: “We need to let them know that this is money. The fact that you cannot spray money at parties does not mean that you cannot put money in an envelope and pass it to the celebrants.”

via http://onecornergizt..com/2018/10/cbn-bans-spraying-of-money-in-parties.html
people will pay more than that just to spray the money.or change naira into other currencies.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by olowo1930: 3:52pm On Oct 05, 2018
I don't support it, what should be the problem of CBN is how Naira can be equal with dollars , spraying money during functions is part of our culture. we have freedom of culture and traditions in our Constitution. if not remove our traditional rulers. the weak laws for poor Nigerians
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by delpee(f): 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2018
In the olden days in Yorubaland, coins were sprayed. They're durable so the impact was not felt. Fast forward to the paper money era; it now looks ridiculous pasting money on sweaty faces and trampling on currency notes on the dancing floor.

I know its a lot of fun but its getting out of hand. Counting the money at the end of the day is fun too. cool

Still this is one culture that we really need to stop.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by olowo1930: 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2018
kokomilala:
@Ugosample,you're right.It was my people, the Yoruba, who started this nonsense, but they've injected the whole nation with its virus.
We should do away with cultures that project us as idiots or people who don't know what they're doing in the eyes of the world.
do we Yorbuas offend you? it's our culture and their is free of culture and traditions in our Constitution. I think the CBN problem should be how they can make naira equal to dollar
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2018
Hope they are getting ready cuz I have a party 2moro were I will spray my 10 10 naira mint notes, Pls make una give them my location address I will be waiting
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Ayintabazin2(m): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2018
if dy don't spray money how will our economy grow?
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by olexjay(m): 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
Then you spray dollar or euro, dollar or euro are not naija currency
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by olowo1930: 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
kokomilala:
I can see why this country is struggling to get on its feet.Reasonable mortals shoud be applauding this corrective step by the CBN.But alas,some are kicking against it;others liking their posts.
It's only idiots and immorally inbred people who abuse their nation's currency with such condescending amusement. Or,idiots who have fallen below the ordinary level.Whether they are educated or ill-educated,they become immorally misplaced once they do this.
sir, what is the effect of spraying naira notes to you? when we have freedom of culture and traditions in our Constitution. them remove all traditional rulers, the CBN Should make naira valuable and equal to dollar. leave people who make their living through spraying. am used to functions , the foreigners do more than Nigerians.thank you
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by olowo1930: 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
But walahi, I dey shame to spray money for occasions sef. I prefer to put am fo envelop dey go my way. Everybody must not know I'm a millionaire na.
the money you have and it doesn't reflect in your outlook is not your money, money commands variety. pls spend it so that another bigger ones can come in
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by GetCofOProperty: 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2018
The CBN with its tootless policies again... Hope this will be well implemented and monitored this time around. Else the officials collect bribes from defaulters and allow them have a field day?

Check our signature below and reach out to us.
These are good and genuine properties in good locations that gives you peace of mind and boast of a huge return on investment. Don't miss any of it.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by SoNature(m): 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2018
Ugosample:

why would the cbn even tax the commercial bank for the damaged notes??

What kind of useless country is this bikonu?

It costs them so much to print money bla bla is no excuse
how about improving the e platforms and mobile money and other platforms like that to reduce drastically the dependence on cash?

I thank God at least when last i was in Nigeria, the POS culture and the *737 transfer culture is taking shape, but we need to do more

elsewhere, you might not even need to carry much cash sef
all the payments you make that day, from transport to food and every other thing can be done via transfers

but my shameless $hithole country of origin is still far far behind

Even Kenya has done wonders with their m-pesa so much so that even market women have embraced that innovation
but in Nigeria? undecided

Nigeria is home to the highest concentration of illiterates in the world. Sometimes, it's hard to differentiate between an illiterate and an educated person in Nigeria. Sincerely, I don't know if it's because of culture but it's true.

When Sanusi was CBN governor, he pushed e-banking into the mainstream. But the challenge he faced was convincing the illiterates and the educated illiterates as well.

Speaking of Kenya, I think Nigeria has the biggest FinTech industry on the continent, and the first country to evolve a unicorn. So, it's unfair to compare Nigeria with a country whose population isn't up to a quarter of Nigeria's population.

In conclusion, Nigeria is miles away from implementing e-pay by 100% because our illiteracy level is alarming. And I don't want to see people destroying the naira at parties
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Justin1: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2018
They dont just want to make it easy for my igbo brothers.. This one is for them or is there anyother tribe this news will affect more?

Las las na excuse for some people. �
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Nuzo1(m): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2018
1899Milan:

You do know you can use the same energy applied to the second bolded for the first. I dont know where in my statement i indicated I'll bribe a mobile court.

I should be the one asking you this question given that your first post on this topic was how the mobile court will be taking bribe.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by tfelicityk(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
Na today... Even the police will not be able to arrest lawmaker spraying money in event... Instead the police will leave his duty post and give the lawmakers protection...
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by toggy: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
Though the law is good. But the most important thing the CBN should consider is the nature of some of our naira especially the lower demoniation i.e. 50, 100, 200 naira notes. These set of naira should be reprinted and the old ones taken out of circulation.
The issue of bank charges is also a serious concern
The issue of ATM. A situation whereby banks will have like 10 ATM machine and non will dispense money especially during the holidays and weekend. This is wickedness and lack of committment on the part of the banks.

Please take note.
Re: Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN by Bishop777: 4:37pm On Oct 05, 2018
olaboo123:
CBN bans spraying of money In parties across Nigeria, says those caught are liable to be jailed of pay 50k fine

A new directive from CBN says mobile courts are now to summarily try those bastardising the national currency, the naira. The committee said those who “spray” naira notes at parties risk going to jail for six months or earning a fine of N50,000 after trial by mobile courts that would be deployed nationwide.

Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) spokesman Isaac Okorafor said the police and the Ministry of Justice would be involved in the operation, adding:

“If a celebrant is dancing and you spray him/her, you may go to jail from the party venue because the law enforcement agents will be there, waiting to arrest you.

It is the duty of law enforcement agencies to catch offenders and take them to court. Our collaboration with the police will intensify as we move to implement the mobile court for offenders.”

Admonishing Nigerians on how to use cash as gift, Okorafor said: “If you want to give, put the money in an envelop, and give it the celebrant. Let’s know that anybody hawking and writing on the naira will face six months in jail or N50,000 or both.”

Managing Director of First Securities Discount House (FSDH) Merchant Bank Mrs. Handa Ambah said people selling naira notes would be punished.

She said: “We need to let them know that this is money. The fact that you cannot spray money at parties does not mean that you cannot put money in an envelope and pass it to the celebrants.”

via http://onecornergizt..com/2018/10/cbn-bans-spraying-of-money-in-parties.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard / A Simple Guide For Preparing A Feasibility Study / CBN Sacks Skye Bank's Management.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.