Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It (19305 Views)

UK Advises Citizens Against Travels To Anambra, Other states / Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant / Dana Air Bags Airline Of The Year 2017, Wins Crew King And Queen Of Air Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Pauladex(m): 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2018
01mcfadden:
For saying Lagos is a no man's land, they will come for your head soon.

In fact, I should be the one to harvest his head for saying that but this egusi soup is enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Ugosample(m): 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2018
stolenstone:
Stories that touch the kidneys!! Open up or strenghten major seaports aand international airports in the southeast and south south, mandate the multinationals and oil companies to make their operating host communities in the Niger delta as their corporate national headquarters and lagos will turn to ghost town

story

Lagos CANNOT be turned to a ghost town...

Other parts of Nigeria developing will have nothing to do with Lagos

Other parts if Nigeria can develop, and Lagos will not feel the dent

so forget that talk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by AlhajaChinyere: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2018
Olori pelebe!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by bash8936: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2018
There is just only one reason. The only tribe with I mean come sense in Nigeria are the Yoruba people. The only tribe loved by God himself in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Justinlean02(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Sorry it won't happen.

I remembered going to ipob pigs State 2005 for admission in that godforsaken state school called imsu I got above the cut of mark still they asked me for 100k because I'm not from the state

When I becomes president of this country my first task is to close that useless school
Its a pity mate, had such probs then even after scoring 284 in that yrs screening exercise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
Mscheew. Stupid people.
Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Hollamie007: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Sorry it won't happen.

I remembered going to ipob pigs State 2005 for admission in that godforsaken state school called imsu I got above the cut of mark still they asked me for 100k because I'm not from the state

When I becomes president of this country my first task is to close that useless school

You cannot Becomes

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Mmadu111: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
Let FG equip International airports in Port Harcourt and Enugu, port Harcourt seaport and Onitsha riverine port,
the competition will be well gauged only by then. Lagos keep enjoying the might of former Nation's capital.
DevelopNaija:
I was opportune to do my National Youth Service Corp in Lagos precisely in one of the highbrow areas in Lagos. Then, my conversation or chat with most people goes like this…

“Where are you serving?”

“Lagos” I reply.

“Lucky you, So many opportunities for you.”

“If only other states are developed and offer many career/business opportunities just like Lagos, you would know that there is nothing really ‘lucky’ about working in Lagos.” I tell them.

From my observation and experience, here are the reasons Lagos will remain KING of GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT:

1. Limitless Career and Business opportunities

Have you ever thought of why Mark Zuckerberg visited Lagos to promote technology instead of promoting it in Sokoto; or why Lagos always have the highest number of Youth Corp members yearly? It is because there are less hindrances and more potential opportunities to thrive in the Lagos environment. Lagos is a city where people are given the opportunity and freedom to thrive and develop with little or no political or tribal obstacle.

2. Minimal Tribal/Indigene interference:

I hardly hear of tribal clash or community interference in one’s business area of operation in Lagos.

3. Freedom to thrive as a non-indigene:

Lagos is known as ‘No man’s land’. No discrimination! Everyone who can make valuable contribution to the Lagos economy is highly welcomed and appreciated! Just be a good citizen and pay your tax!

4. Government with futuristic vision

I need not say much. Just Google “Best State Governments in Nigeria” and see if Lagos isn’t among the top! Personally, I am very impressed with the way the Lagos State Response Unit rapidly attend to emergency situations all anywhere in the state.

Any state that wants to dethrone Lagos as KING of GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT should do the following:

1. STOP all forms of tribal discrimination as well as political and community interference in one’s business area of operation.

2. Give non-indigenes same equal opportunity as indigenes.

3. The Government should attract investor with favourable and juicy conditions.

4. Elect people who are competent leaders and are capable of pushing for economic growth and development all over the state.

As a business owner or an entrepreneur, make conscious effort to contribute to the economic development of your state by opening a business site in your state, if possible, make your state the headquarters of your business.

The beautiful thing about dethroning Lagos is that, Lagos will become depopulated because same opportunities in Lagos will become present in other states

Accolades goes to people like Innoson Motor Boss – Innocent Chukwuma and popular Nollywood actor – Jim Iyke for overlooking the opportunities in Lagos to set up their businesses in the South-East which has and will continue to create several career/ business opportunities for residents in the region.

To all those who have decided to focus on economically improving other states and create job opportunities for residents by setting up their businesses there, your works are deeply appreciated.

Source - http://www.developnaija.com/reasons-lagos-will-remain-king-and-what-other-states-should-do-to-dethrone-it/

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by whillyamz98(m): 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
OP you forgot to add 'MUST HAVE A SEAPORT'
Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Princedapace(m): 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2018
No big deal. Lagos is just shining because she is in the mist of losers.. Nigeria is not a working country that is why we glory lagos..

Lagos mates in other countries have gone passed this level. And there is nothing too extra that lagos is doing.

Lagos is the main gate into and outside nigeria.. Not even abuja.. That alone is the reason for the little strive she is getting.. Take that away, lagos will turn to like other states..

Anything that comes into nigeria passes thru lagos.. That is the selling point. Other states don't have that.. Stop comparing lagos with other states..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by biafrasun: 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2018
stolenstone:
Stories that touch the kidneys!! Open up or strenghten major seaports aand international airports in the southeast and south south, mandate the multinationals and oil companies to make their operating host communities in the Niger delta as their corporate national headquarters and lagos will turn to ghost town
. you are on point, over centralization dey worry Lagos. thank God i can't live in such over populated and chaotic slum called city.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Didi2d(m): 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2018
This is correct, also the same logic USA used in building her country by allowing other race most especially Africans in. As we speak three Ibo indegin are in Lagos State house of assembly

1 Like

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Shikena(m): 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
States to watch in the SW: Oyo and Ekiti. Oyo with two young and solid governorship candidates. Ekiti with a tested administrator as incoming governor whose programs to transform his state was misunderstood during his first tenure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by starz100: 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
Sea port, sea port and sea port is the main reason why Lagos is overpopulated.
Check out all the major capital cities in the world they are built around sea ports, name it New York, Egypt, Amstadam and so on, just do the research.
Other states need only build international sea ports and airports and Lagos is demystified.
Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by tete7000(m): 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
stolenstone:

While you might seem to make some seemingly valid point, you have to realise there are reasons why that has not happened and might not happen anytime soon. It is about people in other areas having a different kind of attitude, attitude that allows business opportunities to thrive just like op mentioned. People often claim that it is political gang up that made Lagos develop to the detriment of other places but when you realise that no one can hold you captive without your consent, then we begin to realise there will be need for attitudinal change in others for the development being sought to come.
The multinationals did not just find themselves in Lagos for no reason, it is because the place provides the peaceful and business-conducive environment they desire. Even you won't dare to set up your business in a highly restive and violent area.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by SicIgbos: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2018
DevelopNaija :

Your fresh Bsc still de worry you.
No worry like carnival E go soon clear for your eye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Just2endowed2(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2018
bizhop01:
Why not reasons Tinubu will remain king in Lagos, what others should do to dethrone him shocked shocked

Valid point
Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2018
This tribalist with different monickers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
Watch out for Owerri- and Enugu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Just2endowed2(m): 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
You guys didn't know that Lagos was formerly a colony on its own before nigeria was created by mistake.

In other word, it was designed to operate like a country on its own during the 17th and 18th centuries.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Ugosample(m): 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
tete7000:

While you might seem to make some seemingly valid point, you have to realise there are reasons why that has not happened and might not happen anytime soon. It is about people in other areas having a different kind of attitude, attitude that allows business opportunities to thrive just like op mentioned. People often claim that it is political gang up that made Lagos develop to the detriment of other places but when you realise that no one can hold you captive without your consent, then we begin to realise there will be need for attitudinal change in others for the development being sought to come.
The multinationals did not just found themselves in Lagos for no reason, it is because the place provides the peaceful and business-conducive environment they desire. Even you won't dare to set up your business in a highly restive and violent area.

the thing is that Nigerians don't ask questions

Warri used to be the hub for international oil companies and all, things were going good there

Until the kidnappings and "na our oil people" held sway

The people fled, and warri is a shadow of itself

Short sightedness of the stupid people there killed that city.

A lot of cities down south there have similar mentality

You cannot commit yourself to building concrete structure there when you have it at the back if your mind that one day, the rug could be pulled off your feet.

After all, it was in the same region that "abandoned properties" back in the day was rife (if you get the drift)

Nigerians need reorientation and need to stop this "I'm an indigene" bullshit

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by gotnel: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2018
Lagos State is developing everyday and night. Other states don't have to want competition with Lagos.

Naturally, development will flow to other states of Nigeria. We only need to have more infrastructurer development from our government at state capitals and some selected towns to make life more easier around the country.
Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Shikena(m): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
Just2endowed2:
You guys didn't know that Lagos was formerly a colony on its own before nigeria was created by mistake.

In other word, it was designed to operate like a country on its own during the 17th and 18th centuries.
So was Benin Kingdom, Old Oyo Empire, Warri, Opobo among several others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by mezarddinny: 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2018
affable4:
@op, you sure do not know what you are talking about.

Everything is concentrated in Lagos;from seaport, airport, businesses and trade. A large economy such as Lagos requires people from all spheres of life and race(tribe) to thrive.

What makes you think in some areas the omoniles dont disturb non-indigenes? The only thing is they can be bought easily. As long as you have money to spend, an average Yoruba will make a king of you.

Just do your service and pray to get a job. As for what you wrote up there, it is nothing.

Yoruba's will make you king? we all know the tribe that worships money in Nigeria.

stop trying to attack Yoruba's, it is obvious that Igbo's love money so much that they can kill their parents.

with all your hatred for Hausa's, your kings still give them titles, even Tobi bbn was given a title

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by peacengine(m): 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2018
bahariot:
Everything is over centralised in lagos a the detriment of other states

Containers' everywhere, too many people hustling, the place is just 4ked
Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Customer80: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2018
All you mentioned was just the peripheral aspect of it, Lagos is what it is because it's sitting on federal government infrastructure and nothing more
DevelopNaija:
I was opportune to do my National Youth Service Corp in Lagos precisely in one of the highbrow areas in Lagos. Then, my conversation or chat with most people goes like this…

“Where are you serving?”

“Lagos” I reply.

“If only other states are developed and offer many career/business opportunities just like Lagos, you would know that there is nothing really ‘lucky’ about working in Lagos.” I tell them.

From my observation and experience, here are the reasons Lagos will remain KING of GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT:

Have you ever thought of why Mark Zuckerberg visited Lagos to promote technology instead of promoting it in Sokoto; or why Lagos always have the highest number of Youth Corp members yearly? It is because there are less hindrances and more potential opportunities to thrive in the Lagos environment. Lagos is a city where people are given the opportunity and freedom to thrive and develop with little or no political or tribal obstacle.

I hardly hear of tribal clash or community interference in one’s business area of operation in Lagos.

Lagos is known as ‘No man’s land’. No discrimination! Everyone who can make valuable contribution to the Lagos economy is highly welcomed and appreciated! Just be a good citizen and pay your tax!

I need not say much. Just Google “Best State Governments in Nigeria” and see if Lagos isn’t among the top! Personally, I am very impressed with the way the Lagos State Response Unit rapidly attend to emergency situations all anywhere in the state.

Any state that wants to dethrone Lagos as KING of GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT should do the following:

1. STOP all forms of tribal discrimination as well as political and community interference in one’s business area of operation.

4. Elect people who are competent leaders and are capable of pushing for economic growth and development all over the state.

As a business owner or an entrepreneur, make conscious effort to contribute to the economic development of your state by opening a business site in your state, if possible, make your state the headquarters of your business.

The beautiful thing about dethroning Lagos is that, Lagos will become depopulated because same opportunities in Lagos will become present in other states

Accolades goes to people like Innoson Motor Boss – Innocent Chukwuma and popular Nollywood actor – Jim Iyke for overlooking the opportunities in Lagos to set up their businesses in the South-East which has and will continue to create several career/ business opportunities for residents in the region.

To all those who have decided to focus on economically improving other states and create job opportunities for residents by setting up their businesses there, your works are deeply appreciated.

Source - http://www.developnaija.com/reasons-lagos-will-remain-king-and-what-other-states-should-do-to-dethrone-it/

1 Like

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by FisifunKododada: 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2018
Op your mama's nunu is a no-man's land

1 Like

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by oluwashedy: 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2018
Oceannaagent:
All you mentioned wasn't enough reason
You're right
Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by akigbemaru: 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
DevelopNaija:

“Where are you serving?”

“Lagos” I reply.

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Aderewah: 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2018
It's because yoruba people are free minded. They don't read meaning into everything. That's why we are so politically important. Igbos will sooner start demanding that the companies hire 90% igbos. Nigerians Delta will bomb unless companies are bribing militant Lords. Hausa too will bomb. Only yoruba don't really give others problems. People shout lagos is a former capital. Calabar was also a former capital. It is also close to the sea. Ask why it's not as developed as lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Jonathan39: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
River Niger should be dredged by federal government , or a major seaport should be built in South South, Let Anambra and Lagos compete, Everything About Lagos was politically made so.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Lagos Will Remain King And What Other States Should Do To Dethrone It by Aderewah: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2018
Jonathan39:
River Niger should be dredged by federal government , or a major seaport should be built in South South, Let Anambra and Lagos compete, Everything About Lagos was politically made so.

Don't sit down and expect things. Your billionaires and governors can so that. Eko antlatic is not a federal government project.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Dead As Pepsi Truck Runs Into Roadside Traders In Lagos. Photos / Does Newzealand Give Tourist Visa To Nigerians / Petro Tanker Without Brake In Alakuko Traffic, Lagos State. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.