Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (860601 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nua07: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
Austacus:

Wait ooo
You have a personal statement of account of 10 million?
Cause the issue here seems its from your sponsor

If your sponsor is not your mom, dad or sibling
What's the supporting documents you submitted on your sponsor
Affidavit of support
Sponsorship letter
Family tree of your sponsor And your family
Picture of you and your sponsor
Letter of recommendations from sponsors bank
Did your sponsor show any commitment? (paying your tuition through his/her account or sending some money to your account )
You didn't mention SOP

If you submitted personal account of 10 million naira
Did you show them all your work experiences, and for how long have you been working?
Payslip, salary, promotion letter of your work etc or personal CAC certificate If you're into business, or is the 10 million a lump sum that entered your account?

It could be you didn't prove it enough how you got the 10 million naira
These guys deal with Nigerian applicants so they know what they should be expecting from your account especially if you've not been working for 5 years and above

To know the original reason of your denial is gcms note
I hope you've ordered it
Don't rush to reapply But if you feel you can tackle the issue at hand
Then reapply real quick

The supporting document for the sponsor that I’ve submitted are:
• CAC Cert
• Tax Clearance Cert
• Statement of Account
No letter of recommendation from sponsors bank, just the bank statement and, no affidavit of support
Meanwhile, in the letter of the sponsor, it is stated in there that the sponsor has paid the tuition deposit and have sent in a reasonable amount into my account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
sleekysoft:
It usually takes between 30-45 days I think..
in some cases lesser and in some more but never heard it take more than 45 days

Be calm brother

Sleek, are u on background check or eligibility review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nua07: 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
• CAC Cert
• Tax Clearance Cert
• Statement of Account
No letter of recommendation from sponsors bank, just the bank statement and, no affidavit of support
Meanwhile, in the letter of the sponsor, it is stated in there that the sponsor has paid the tuition deposit and have sent in a reasonable amount into my account
Austacus:

Wait ooo
You have a personal statement of account of 10 million?
Cause the issue here seems its from your sponsor

If your sponsor is not your mom, dad or sibling
What's the supporting documents you submitted on your sponsor
Affidavit of support
Sponsorship letter
Family tree of your sponsor And your family
Picture of you and your sponsor
Letter of recommendations from sponsors bank
Did your sponsor show any commitment? (paying your tuition through his/her account or sending some money to your account )
You didn't mention SOP

If you submitted personal account of 10 million naira
Did you show them all your work experiences, and for how long have you been working?
Payslip, salary, promotion letter of your work etc or personal CAC certificate If you're into business, or is the 10 million a lump sum that entered your account?

It could be you didn't prove it enough how you got the 10 million naira
These guys deal with Nigerian applicants so they know what they should be expecting from your account especially if you've not been working for 5 years and above

To know the original reason of your denial is gcms note
I hope you've ordered it
Don't rush to reapply But if you feel you can tackle the issue at hand
Then reapply real quick

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
nua07:
• CAC Cert
• Tax Clearance Cert
• Statement of Account

I think that's where your problem came from
Letter of recommendations is very very important just as a statement of account
And affidavits of support is also important but a letter of recommendations is more important
So let's talk about the 10 million
Is the 10 million a lump sum? (did you receive 5 million, 4, 6,7 Etc in your account?

Or you got it through your job or business cause if you have 10 million naira, and you've paid your tuition fee, you absolutely don't really need a sponsor
So what documents did you use to back up the 10 million naira if you got it through your salary and on.

What again did you submit as a family tie?
Are you married? Got kids?
Any landed properties from you or from your father or mom? Or any thing that might bring you back home like are you so important in any organization (and back it up with proof)?
Did you discuss your family in your SOP?
Did you submit a family picture or picture of you and your sponsor?
Your sponsor needs to write his own letter of sponsorship (not from his bank) signed by him preferably letterhead from his business.

10 million naira on your account and sponsor is a good move though
Gcms note will give us a good and clear idea of how to tackle it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
My brother the @thecongo2 no vex for me abeg

One love.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nua07: 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
The 10M didn’t come in a lump sum, it came in pieces and it was sent from my sponsor's account (my employer)
How do I send you my SOP and letter of sponsorship to go through? it will answer some of your questions
Austacus:

I think that's where your problem came from
Letter of recommendations is very very important just as a statement of account
And affidavits of support is also important but a letter of recommendations is more important
So let's talk about the 10 million
Is the 10 million a lump sum? (did you receive 5 million, 4, 6,7 Etc in your account?

Or you got it through your job or business cause if you have 10 million naira, and you've paid your tuition fee, you absolutely don't really need a sponsor
So what documents did you use to back up the 10 million naira if you got it through your salary and on.

What again did you submit as a family tie?
Are you married? Got kids?
Any landed properties from you or from your father or mom? Or any thing that might bring you back home like are you so important in any organization (and back it up with proof)?
Did you discuss your family in your SOP?
Did you submit a family picture or picture of you and your sponsor?
Your sponsor needs to write his own letter of sponsorship (not from his bank) signed by him preferably letterhead from his business.

10 million naira on your account and sponsor is a good move though
Gcms note will give us a good and clear idea of how to tackle it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deb02: 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
But are they genuine..??
annmmesoma:

they don't require ilets
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
nua07:
The 10M didn’t come in a lump sum, it came in pieces and it was sent from my sponsor's account (my employer)
How do I send you my SOP and letter of sponsorship to go through? it will answer some of your questions

See brother
The issue here is from your sponsor no too much talk
He didn't write a sponsorship letter
No letter of recommendations
No affidavits of support
No close relationship has proven between you and him (he's just your boss)
Why should your boss send you 10 million naira to your account whereas you're not his son, brother or close relative
Why should he sponsor you to western education that is very expensive (just like that?)
That's suspicious my guy.

Sorry I don't review SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by annmmesoma: 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2018
deb02:
But are they genuine..??
yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nua07: 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2018
nua07:
• CAC Cert
• Tax Clearance Cert
• Statement of Account
I said no letter of recommendation from my sponsor's bank. just the bank statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by annmmesoma: 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2018
deb02:
But are they genuine..??
yes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nua07: 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2018
Austacus:

See brother
The issue here is from your sponsor no too much talk
He didn't write a sponsorship letter
No letter of recommendations
No affidavits of support
No close relationship has proven between you and him (he's just your boss)
Why should your boss send you 10 million naira to your account whereas you're not his son, brother or close relative
Why should he sponsor you to western education that is very expensive (just like that?)
That's suspicious my guy.

Sorry I don't review SOP.

You once said the letter of sponsorship is from the bank (they stated it in the bank statements) I don't get
Which one is a letter of sponsorship
I thought you said your sponsor didn't write a letter of sponsorship but the bank did it for him in the account statement.
I understand your point

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alshamsuu5: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2018
Peace be upon ya all
Anyone gotten respons from cic may June July applicants
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
nua07:
I understand your point

Talk to your sponsor and fix this
Tell him to explain why he's sponsoring you
What he going to benefit from you in his company after the completion of your studies
And why he sent you the 10 million naira
Let him explain the close relationship between him and your father and the vows he made to your father to help you.
Tell him to do affidavits of support
He should get letter of recommendations from his bank
If you have old picture with him or him and your dad very good, if you don't have, take a picture with him (just do anything to prove the closeness)
You can as well wait for your gcms note so that you will pieces everything
You can also tell your dad or mom to acknowledge him (letter) of what he's doing for you cause he's a good family friend.

Bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deb02: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
Pls sent you a pm...would like to have a char with you ..if on whatssap ..you're a nurse right..am a nurse too @annmmesoma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deb02: 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
annmmesoma:

yes.

Sent you a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nua07: 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
Austacus:

Talk to your sponsor and fix this
Tell him to explain why he's sponsoring you
What he going to benefit from you in his company after the completion of your studies
And why he sent you the 10 million naira
Let him explain the close relationship between him and your father and the vows he made to your father to help you.
Tell him to do affidavits of support
He should get letter of recommendations from his bank
If you have old picture with him or him and your dad very good, if you don't have, take a picture with him (just do anything to prove the closeness)
You can as well wait for your gcms note so that you will pieces everything
You can also tell your dad or mom to acknowledge him (letter) of what he's doing for you cause he's a good family friend.

Bless you
Bro thanks for opening my eyes.
Your suggestions and recommendations makes whole lot of sense to me. I’ll keep the house posted

Thx again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biejay: 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
Pls send me a mail. I wish to enquire something. I'm also a beneficiary of that scholarship. bie4liv@yahoo.com
mbambah1:
Hello my People
Please I am trying to apply for Visa online...
I have been working for a coy but we get our pay via envelope..hence no pay slip to present..I have NDDC scholarship and reasonable sum in my flexible fixed deposit...How do I present this so that VO doesn't worry about the payslip issue...
Thanks..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheCongo2: 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
Austacus:
My brother the @thecongo2 no vex for me abeg

One love.

No worries

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by annmmesoma: 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2018
deb02:

Sent you a pm
I have replied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kelpreneur(m): 8:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
Abeg make una answer me... Can I use birth certificate from National population commission but was told that it's not valid because it was not backdated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
So you were the one that reported me and got me banned for 2 days just cos I advised chiamaka18 to put down her post cos it contains so much of her personal stuff. No be ur fault. I am not kuku paid for the voluntary service I am doing here.. So no wahala.. Its obvious you dont even know what kinda post u should be reporting.. If you are not familiar with the terms here, u can ask questions or keep mute..
TheCongo2:

No to worry now. Everything is gone.
If you ever want someone else post deleted, you just have to click on report under the post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheCongo2: 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2018
makano:
So you were the one that reported me and got me banned for 2 days just cos I advised chiamaka18 to put down her post cos it contains so much of her personal stuff. No be ur fault. I am not kuku paid for the voluntary service I am doing here.. So no wahala.. Its obvious you dont even know what kinda post u should be reporting.. If you are not familiar with the terms here, u can ask questions or keep mute..

No need for wahala.
I didn't report the post 2 days ago but instead less than 12 hours ago.
So if you were banned for 2 days then it is obvious you have done something else
It is for you to find out what you have done

Thanks for the embarrassment

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
[/b]Take off and Landing gist (long post alert)[b]

[/b]Bureau de change[b]

I tried getting PTA from Diamond bank via Form A but I was told I cannot get it except I had a return ticket.

I then decided on changing Naira on the day of travel at the airport to US dollars surprisingly all the BDC at the Muritala Muhammed Airport (MMA) had no USA dollars on 5/12/18. I went to all BDC in both the departure and arrival wing and none of them had US dollars. I mean none of them.

I then decided to change Naira to Canadian dollars and still most of them still struggled to give me. I had to get Canadian dollars from 6 BDC (4 BDC at the departure wing and 2 BDC at the arrival wing). Rate: 1 Canadian dollar = 295 Naira.

I suggest if you are traveling later this month or in January, try and get US dollars or Canadian dollars early.

P.s A Nairalander adviced I could have transferred money to my GtB dollar account and then made the transfer to my Canadian account when I arrive.

[/b]Airline[b]

I took Egypt airline from Lagos Muritala Mohammed International Airport. Lagos - Cairo and Cairo - Toronto. Lagos - Cairo plane was totally shiitty (my opinion) as 3 rows had to share one screen. Meal was just there.

At the Cairo airport, I could not pay for anything with my Canadian dollar. Unfortunately, I was not with my credit card. They only accept card or Cash payment in $,€ or £ (Canadian dollar is not accepted)

Gracefuily for me, during my stop over at Cairo, I met a Nigerian at the airport coming from turkey on her way to Nigeria who paid for my dinner and we watched the ManU - Arsenal match together.

Flight from Cairo - Toronto was better as each seat had their own screen. However, the movies they had on their entertainment section were old movies and so few.

If you have ever used Emirates, Etihad, KLM, trust me, you will struggle with Egypt. If you are a first time traveler, you will be fine. I had issues cos Cairo - Toronto was about 12 hours and normally I would have used movies to keep myself busy.
Their meals were okay. We were served thrice on Cairo - Toronto flight.

I used Egypt airline cos they had the cheapest rate for the day I wanted to travel.

[/b]Immigration [b]

Passed first security and the guy asked who I was and what I came to do. I explained and he allowed me pass.

Second security (the main immigration officers) the lady asked me which school and if I had paid my fees. Surprisingly Fanshawe did not indicate it on my LOA that I had paid my first term fees. Immigration lady said are you sure you have paid, I said YES. She said show me on your LOA and I started looking for it and could not find it myself (the LOA was an updated LOA from the school. The first one they gave me for September had that information but this new one did not have it).

After searching and I could not find it, I asked if I could show her on my phone, she said YES (she sounded like she had all the time in the world grin she kept saying take your time, there is no rush) I had to quickly show her my receipt on my phone
(Connected to airport WiFi).

She still was not done.

Then she asked, do you know anyone in Canada and I said No. do you have family members in Canada, I said No. She asked again are you sure? I said YES. Then she asked do you know any Omolola E.A and I was like yes that’s my sisters name . Then she asked for her DOB and I told her

She then said your sister lives in Canada . I looked in shock and then laughed and said nah, my sister lives in UK with her family. There is no way she would have moved to Canada without me knowing. She asked the possibility of someone else bearing my sisters name and I explained
boldly, my sister lives in UK with her family. After about 10 minutes of looking at her screen, she gave me my work permit that will last till just 1 month after my program ends. She said the 1 month will be enough for me to pack my load and leave grin I looked at her and smiled.

Then I moved to another section to get my SIN immediately. Then took the Robert Q bus from Toronto at 74 Canadian dollars to London. For me, this was way too expensive for a 2hr 15 min journey without WiFi for that matter.

Let me quickly say thank you to this Nairalander Bsbabe with a good heart who reached out to me after I posted on a thread living in Canada/ life as a Canadian immigrant that I was looking for accommodation. She offered to allow me
Stay in an apartment she rented for almost a month, unfortunately the Landlord refused for insurance reasons. God bless you ma. She connected me to TheCongo2 who has been my helper here in London.

TheCongo2 took me from the Robert Q bus park to my hotel. He actually offered to pick me up from Toronto airport to London but I got his mail late (God bless you sir). He has been taking me around town and helping out with looking for accommodation and introducing me to people. He bought food for me also helped in moving me out of my hotel. Funny thing is, he is from Congo and has shown me so much love. God bless you sir that’s all I can say for now.

Bsbabe took time out of her busy schedule and helped me in getting my sim on Saturday and bought me Lunch (Nairalanders are Sweet people).

P.S Be careful of people you insult on Nairaland, you never know who they are in real life and when They might be of help to you.

Also, if you are coming to Canada for the first time and don’t know anyone, go to that thread (life in Canada and post you need help, someone in your province might just reach out).

First 2 nights, school paid for hotel accommodation. I had to pay for extra 2 days.

[/b]Church[b]

As I was not able to get house as at yesterday (09/12/18), i went to a redeem church and spoke with the workers and pastor of how I am new in town and was in need of urgent accommodation . Pastor called someone and the person offered me 1 week free accommodation till I get my own. The Congo2 took me from my hotel today to the greyhound station and from there would move to the mans house later today.

For all those still expecting their visas, receive grace for divine answers to your request. God bless you all. I am out.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2018
I have been dishing information on this particular thread for over a year, and I have never for any reason been banned once. But I got ma 1st ban, thanks to ur unnecessary report. So many folks do advertise here and also derail the thread by posting off topics, you didn't report that. But you can report someone that innocently advised someone to do away with her personal details from preying eyes.. U try wella, Mr Reporter..
TheCongo2:

No need for wahala.
I didn't report the post 2 days ago but instead less than 12 hours ago.
So if you were banned for 2 days then it is obvious you have done something else
It is for you to find out what you have done

Thanks for the embarrassment

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2018
makano:
I have been dishing information on this particular thread for over a year, and I have never for any reason been banned once. But I got ma 1st ban, thanks to ur unnecessary report. So many folks do advertise here and also derail the thread by posting off topics, you didn't report that. But you can report someone that innocently advised someone to do away with her personal details from preying eyes.. U try wella, Mr Reporter..

Makano, it's okay...no need for the fight...we have better things to worry about...this is nothing..banned 2days or 1week, who cares?...all we need is approvals...still trying to get wat sleekysoft said about his gcms...is it that the whole of june,july, August have fishy docs...cos I don't get wat the whole delay is.... Waec didn't take this long..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2018
Not fighting bro, just cant imagine someone coming from nowhere making unnecessary reports. And to the bolded, that's the Koko.. But seriously this wait is so frustrating. My application is over 5months now. My JOB has been the one distracting me tho, if not. I would have stormed their office at Anifowose VI(My app is being processed in Lagos). And to the fishy documents, I do not think so, I personally didn't submit any fraudulent document, In fact all my submitted documents were all original, including my Dad and Mum birth certificate(U can imagine), so I do not think all JUNE/JULY have suspicious documents, am suspecting its cos of that Bio metrics stuff they did during that period. We shall testify one day if not soon, cos this tingy is taking forever. Peace
042viber12:

Makano, it's okay...no need for the fight...we have better things to worry about...this is nothing..banned 2days or 1week, who cares?...all we need is approvals...still trying to get wat sleekysoft said about his gcms...is it that the whole of june,july, August have fishy docs...cos I don't get wat the whole delay is.... Waec didn't take this long..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 3:57am On Dec 11, 2018
Hello gurus. Good day everyone Please what is the possibility of getting Visa if you are applying for a post graduate certificate/ diploma program in colleges in Ontario. I just applied for fall 2019 in George brown college but a friend was telling me the visa chances are slim compared to going for Masters in a University. My cgpa is 3.24 and seems getting masters admit will be quite difficult. Please I need your inputs even from those who have gotten Visa with colleges and steps to take to prepare for the Visa stage. Also if applying to college is the best for me, suggest some good computer based colleges I read Computer Engineering, I have CCNA.

Bcc: Thecongo2 , Naijaforeigner, Austacus,Bsbabe and many others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 5:52am On Dec 11, 2018
I have been following this thread since. And I also applied to centennial college for graduate construction management diploma at September 2019. Well, the admission is not processed yet.
I just need advice to work on my documents. I have a civil Engineering degree with second class lower in 2015, enrolled and competed mandatory youth service by October 2016 in a polytechnic( department of work). That’s my reason for construction management at a college. After my service, I ventured into construction, well I get some building contracts myself and develops them ( you know niger unemployment parol, after all the company I’m applying for are demanding 5 years experience), but my question is this, my company isn’t registered and most time this works aren’t documented formally. How can I explain my work experience with them without them doubting? I mean the VO. No employment letter or pay slips

N.B dad is the sponsor.
He has a C of O
CAC registration
About 3 properties with massive buildings all in ibadan.
Retired senior manager of a bank now running his own business that encompasses construction in the company registration even though his company is not into it.
My statement of account is also very okay due to my nature of work. Client pay for materials and others. I have a closing account of 3m as at now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 6:16am On Dec 11, 2018
Is it advisable to go to their office to complain? I personally would like to go. May be the 3 of us should fix a date during the week to go together. They have to know this is taking too long
makano:
Not fighting bro, just cant imagine someone coming from nowhere making unnecessary reports. And to the bolded, that's the Koko.. But seriously this wait is so frustrating. My application is over 5months now. My JOB has been the one distracting me tho, if not. I would have stormed their office at Anifowose VI(My app is being processed in Lagos). And to the fishy documents, I do not think so, I personally didn't submit any fraudulent document, In fact all my submitted documents were all original, including my Dad and Mum birth certificate(U can imagine), so I do not think all JUNE/JULY have suspicious documents, am suspecting its cos of that Bio metrics stuff they did during that period. We shall testify one day if not soon, cos this tingy is taking forever. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 6:18am On Dec 11, 2018
I believe if 3 or 4 of the may/june/july applicants march to their office together, a solution might come. That's my opinion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.