Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (860206 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
blet:
Pursuing Canadian visa has made me know what real heartbreak is. I earlier applied June last year, for study visa, My mistake was I applied with my wife ( we saw an advert somewhere online saying we could apply together), well, we were rejected visa. i applied alone on nov 3rd 2018 they didnt even waste time, by 22nd November they informed me my visa was rejected. Now its on their record I applied twice and was rejected twice: travel aplication history is affected. I have not given up sha, but have I completely ruined my chances to get visa to Canada? Does anyone think I could apply to Canada in the future? Or should I just focus on other countries? What if I try through PR would my record affect my application? God bless the African VOs and VOs worldwide who say we wont come back. undecided

To apply with your wife wasn't a mistake but Wat I will urge to do are, either u apply for your gcms note for the 1st and second applications...try to tackle each of them in your LOE if u wana apply again or u can look up for other countries though u still need to specify that u have been denied Visa shaa...thats my 2kobo on it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
excuse me..

Which countries really ask for you to write the countries Rejections?

042viber12:

To apply with your wife wasn't a mistake but Wat I will urge to do are, either u apply for your gcms note for the 1st and second applications...try to tackle each of them in your LOE if u wana apply again or u can look up for other countries though u still need to specify that u have been denied Visa shaa...thats my 2kobo on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
Why people still use agent to process application is confusing to me. What most of these agents do is simply submit an application for you based on experiences of other candidates. These experiences can be gotten on this forum for free. So why use agents? Most of these agents come to this forum to learn and what they learn here is what they sell to you.

Most of these agents you all go to pay money all started on this forum (they were groomed here). They combined peoples experiences and information they got on here to start their business. Please stay woke. Is it not funny you will end up paying above 200k for an application and your visa is still not guaranteed? So why pay so much for what you can get for free here?

Please and please, If you have work experience, just go via PR route (it makes life so easy for you). There are so many hurdles to cross when applying for Study permit. You need to convince the Visa officer you will come back on the completion of your program, you need to show travel history (in some cases), Pay huge fees for study and then show money for maintenance.

The major challenge with PR is doing well in IELTS and it is not that hard. You don't have to prove home ties because they know you are going permanently, you don't have to pay huge fees for education (once you get PR, you will go to school for a small fee), the visa process is almost same time with study permit, You will school and work without restrictions and in most cases, you don't even need to show so much money in your SOA unlike TRV above.

It is well.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jamesimorgan: 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2019
I have been given admission in an ontario college for fall(september) term, i am about to do an online visa application by the end of 2nd week in march. Is it wise to do medicals upfront?? because i tried booking an appointment with one of the approved clinics and was informed that the next available date is in May. Is May too early or too late to do my medicals??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by lewoxxy: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
It does not affect your PR in any way as long as you are honest about it in your PR application.
blet:
Pursuing Canadian visa has made me know what real heartbreak is. I earlier applied June last year, for study visa, My mistake was I applied with my wife ( we saw an advert somewhere online saying we could apply together), well, we were rejected visa. i applied alone on nov 3rd 2018 they didnt even waste time, by 22nd November they informed me my visa was rejected. Now its on their record I applied twice and was rejected twice: travel aplication history is affected. I have not given up sha, but have I completely ruined my chances to get visa to Canada? Does anyone think I could apply to Canada in the future? Or should I just focus on other countries? What if I try through PR would my record affect my application? God bless the African VOs and VOs worldwide who say we wont come back. undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ekanDamie: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
jamesimorgan:
I have been given admission in an ontario college for fall(september) term, i am about to do an online visa application by the end of 2nd week in march. Is it wise to do medicals upfront?? because i tried booking an appointment with one of the approved clinics and was informed that the next available date is in May. Is May too early or too late to do my medicals??
hi pls is this on scholarship or paid admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 4:12pm On Mar 06, 2019
vibrant99:
when did you apply and when did you get your admission letter and Offer of scholarship?

Someone who applied for same Sept 2019 hasn't received admission decision he was told it will be March Ending.

I applied Nov end, 2018 and i got admission letter and Scholarship offer, February End, 2019. I think it depends on the Program and maybe the College you have applied to. In addition, many factors are involved. Your CGPA, getting a Supervisor, and need for funding.

But seriously, everything takes the Grace of God.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
AgroNACT:
I NEED HELP ON TRV APPLICATION

I have my letter of offer, admission letter and Full funding Award ($23,400 per year for minimum of two years) for a Research Masters Program at University of Sask. I have no travel history and no sponsor on sight. I thought TRV is something i could do on my own just like i found supervisor and got admitted on my own (All Glory to God). However, navigating the www.cic.gc.ca site with the failed effort of downloading necessary IMM forms, and other confusing procedures, it doesn't seem like something one can attempt on his own. Also, I have studied the thread word for word, still confused about the practical procedures.

Please i need help on complete and successful TRV application as I am self-hustling die-hard scholar and researcher not rich enough to afford agent fees because i am currently a serving Corps member. My program begins September, 2019 (Fall term) and i don't have a clue up till now. Please help me out as this is my life, a golden opportunity i may not forgive my self for if i miss. This is a dream i have nursed for years.

PLEASE HELP ME ACHIEVE THIS LAST ONE

Please don't complicate your application. Just go the online route and it will list all the documents that you need upload.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
Johnsonkelvin:
yeah,he gave a new suggestion for my case,I didn't know we were also meant to have a sponsor in Canada, aside from my original nigerian sponsor.
Cause no one on nairaland talked about it b4

Please run away from him as fast as your legs can carry you. Never trust anyone who builds accounts for you. That one na fraudster ooooo in the name of agent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
AgroNACT:

Thank you so much for this detailed reply. i really appreciate it. I am still looking for a sponsor though, and i still have problem downloading the IMM forms. I was advised to go for Paper route, however, i am still open to suggestions.

I do not think you need a sponsor. My roommate came in last session on full funding without any additional sponsor except for personal savings. I never attached any additional sponsor during my time either. That is the reason I suggest you use online as it doesn't complicate things. Your own personal savings to cover the cost of flights coupled with your funding letter (provided it covers tuition + $10k cost of living) is sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
blet:

Each application is treated differently. Get your GCMS notes and tackle the reasons for the rejection. If you qualify for the EE or any of the PNP, go for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
vibrant99:
excuse me..

Which countries really ask for you to write the countries Rejections?

I guess all he is saying is if he is asked on the form if he has been rejected Visa, he should state it. I don't think he is referring to writing it out like in an LoE but if he feels it proves a point, so be it. We all have peculiar instances.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
Naijaforeigner:
Why people still use agent to process application is confusing to me. What most of these agents do is simply submit an application for you based on experiences of other candidates. These experiences can be gotten on this forum for free. So why use agents? Most of these agents come to this forum to learn and what they learn here is what they sell to you.

Most of these agents you all go to pay money all started on this forum (they were groomed here). They combined peoples experiences and information they got on here to start their business. Please stay woke. Is it not funny you will end up paying above 200k for an application and your visa is still not guaranteed? So why pay so much for what you can get for free here?

Please and please, If you have work experience, just go via PR route (it makes life so easy for you). There are so many hurdles to cross when applying for Study permit. You need to convince the Visa officer you will come back on the completion of your program, you need to show travel history (in some cases), Pay huge fees for study and then show money for maintenance.

The major challenge with PR is doing well in IELTS and it is not that hard. You don't have to prove home ties because they know you are going permanently, you don't have to pay huge fees for education (once you get PR, you will go to school for a small fee), the visa process is almost same time with study permit, You will school and work without restrictions and in most cases, you don't even need to show so much money in your SOA unlike TRV above.

It is well.

With the points been used of late, only those with 2 certificates at least might be able to make the EE because as we age, our points drop. It is good people give the EE a shot but using the student Visa as a means to eventually settling in Canada isn't out of place. The only thing I have always struggled to understand is why many do not use the online route since the requirement is less stressful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
Awuuga:
Get the most recent version of adobe reader, Foxit reader should do the trick. Download the forms even if they don’t open while you’re on the site. Go back to your desktop and open with the latest version of adobe reader you downloaded. This should resolve that issue.

Thanks Awuuga, God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Startup00: 5:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

So I just asked someone in the international department and she said, if your visa is denied/delayed, you will get all of your fees back minus 250CAD.

If your visa is approved and you decide not to come, 2300CAD is deducted from the fees paid.

Your agent is definitely trying to play a fast one on you. For further enquiries, contact the person below.

Thanks so much am very grateful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 5:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
Johnsonkelvin:
Xiè xiè lǎobǎn

Shì wǒ de róngxìng. Zhù hǎoyùn

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Startup00: 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Please bro, I had to go back and check your initial post. Please escalate this issue, tell the agent you will get her arrested and make sure you report to the school (please check the contact I gave you above). How can an agent deduct about 1.5M naira after visa refusal? The reason why you must punish this agent is to prevent her from doing such to other applicants.

I am sure schools like Fanshawe pay these agents, so why is she greedy? I would be so happy to hear the agent is in jail in your next post.

Thanks so much boss for your response. My mum and my brother was at her office yesterday and she was crying and begging that there was fraud on her account at the bank. I personally do not belive her stories because I can sight a lot of discrepancies in her previous text and calls. She has only remitted 500,000 out of the 4.4million sent to her(she’s claiming the bank has put her account on hold due to the fraud issue). We intend taking further actions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
GboyegaD:

Please don't complicate your application. Just go the online route and it will list all the documents that you need upload.

Noted ! Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 6:02pm On Mar 06, 2019
AgroNACT:

Noted ! Thank you so much.

You are welcome. Just tag me if you need any clarification during the process. It takes less than an hour to complete. Just make sure you have typed your LoE to explain whatever it is you want to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
amozag2018:

Any other document showing ties to Nigeria that you did not send before ( for me I submitted my Educational certificates, Wedding certificate, children birth certificates, my wife and children International passports, several awards won and other professional certificates recognize worldwide after sending this my eligibility changed to "recommend interview" when I saw my GCMS notes. I am just waiting for the date of the interview... my resumption date is September 2019)

Sir, please if you can see this... What's the outcome from the interview?
Have they called you for the interview?
Have they made the final decision in your application?

I Am looking forward to hearing from you sir. But if it's privy or confidential, never mind to write back.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 6:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
GboyegaD:

I do not think you need a sponsor. My roommate came in last session on full funding without any additional sponsor except for personal savings. I never attached any additional sponsor during my time either. That is the reason I suggest you use online as it doesn't complicate things. Your own personal savings to cover the cost of flights coupled with your funding letter (provided it covers tuition + $10k cost of living) is sufficient.

Yes it does cover my tuition ($6536) + the $10k. Thanks so much. I will take note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
GboyegaD:

You are welcome. Just tag me if you need any clarification during the process. It takes less than an hour to complete. Just make sure you have typed your LoE to explain whatever it is you want to.

Ok, God bless you Sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
nua07:
Good evening house,
I submitted my application as follow with upfront medical:

Submitted Paper Application: 18 January 2019
Link Application Online: 21 January 2019
Medical Passed: 30 January 2019
Biometric Correspondence Letter: 30 January 2019

Please look at the screenshot below and let me know if that's how you know when your eligibility and background check have started

If you can see this please reply

Have you heard from IRCC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by itsyourboya: 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Guys, is there any U of Alberta fall 2019 Msc Applicant that gas gotten admission decision yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by waleadeleke(m): 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2019
Hello, please when filling application form online and also doing the submission online, how will I go about the signature part before submitting on the portal or will print out and sign the part then scan back to submit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nua07: 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
Austacus:

If you can see this please reply

Have you heard from IRCC?

Still waiting to hear from them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nua07: 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
waleadeleke:
Hello, please when filling application form online and also doing the submission online, how will I go about the signature part before submitting on the portal or will print out and sign the part then scan back to submit

If you read the instructions carefully, you’ll find it crystal stated there that you don’t need to print, sign and scan.

The signature needed in an online submission is just the confirmation of your name and date of birth at the final window for submission. So, just go ahead. I know that you are smart, you can figure it out. Mayb Someone might explain better

ALWAYS READ INSTRUCTIONS

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
Is it possible to get PR through EE without a Masters degree but more than 5 years work experience?
Naijaforeigner:

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

It is well.

Very true! PR is the best!
The rate of approvals for PR applications has drastically increased more than study permit and chances of securing a PR is very high once you submit every relevant documents as stipulated on the document checklist. I hope people will start spreading their options soon!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2019
nua07:

Still waiting to hear from them

Alright thanks

It will end well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 9:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
mikkycoins:
Has anyone been given admission to mun(masters fall) so far?
I submitted my application late January.

Respective departments have sat and have made decisions on applications. Their decisions have been transmitted to the School of Graduate Studies who will communicate the applicants. Right now, SGS is making the final combination of the list.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 10:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
@GboyegaD
Are you presently studying at University of Saskatchewan?.. Sorry if I sound intruding?.... Hv some questions though

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.