Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (860295 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tvickie(f): 8:01am On Mar 07, 2019
Hi guys. Who else is still expecting a reply from university of manitoba for fall 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 8:05am On Mar 07, 2019
mikkycoins:

Thanks
Let them be fast cos we're running short of time.
Application deadline for my department is may 1. Hope they make a decision.

If your application deadline is May 1, they won't sit on your application until after the deadline. Is your application Winter 2020?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blet(m): 8:27am On Mar 07, 2019
lewoxxy:
It does not affect your PR in any way as long as you are honest about it in your PR application.

by honest, you mean I should state in my SOP that I am going to study, after which I intend to get a job and work permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alowole: 8:46am On Mar 07, 2019
Good morning,

Pls, I need a guru to help me proof read my SOP and add one or two things

Kindly get to me tru jossycastor@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DBlessedofGod: 8:54am On Mar 07, 2019
Thanks a bunch @
Bracha I was thinking there is suppose to be a flow with the one submitted in the school. How should we go about being the owner of the company when applying for the visa?

Bracha:
Hi,

What CV? The one he submitted to the school? If that's the one you're referring to, I don't see a problem. Study permit application and admission application are two separate and somewhat unconnected things. I could be wrong, but I don't think the content of one's application documents are shared with the visa offices/officers. So, he could always change that role on his CV.

Hope this help, unless you're asking a different question, then it might not help lol

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 9:07am On Mar 07, 2019
House,I submitted through paper route in Lagos but was rejected... how'll I know if my passport is available at Lekki?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by esefrancis: 9:12am On Mar 07, 2019
God bless everyone taking their time out to make this forum a success. Your joy will never seize .
Please I have a question to ask. I was Denied on my first application. To reasons of 1. travel history
2.purpose of visit
3.personal assets
Though I regret using an agent who resides in Canada
She didn’t give me any information only requested for a few documents and We had to pay her 1.9million for the processing . I finished high school in 2015.
Do I need to fill the forms exactly the same way I filled it in my previous applications?
In my previous application I also stated that I had an apprenticeship training after high school, if I ommut that now will it be a red flag? I await your reponse. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:27am On Mar 07, 2019
crusader6:

Please Let him go ahead and apply. One fact about Canada visa is that what worked for Paul may not work for Peter as far as its not a standard policy on their website and applications are access by different VOs. If you have all the document to back up and proof that the scholarship exited before you got it ,then apply. Most times it depends on who your application meet. Ur Vo may not even know that someone applied with such scholarship and was denied a visa sef...

I am here to give my opinion and suggestions which I feel might be helpful and beneficial to the inquirer. As a result, the onus is dependent on the applicant to reach a conclusion on the route that best suit him. One thing I know about these Kenya visa officers is that such kind of study visa sponsorship doesn't work or move them. The applicant can apply you've suggested, I hope he will return here to share his experience.

Success Ride!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:29am On Mar 07, 2019
Johnsonkelvin:
House,I submitted through paper route in Lagos but was rejected... how'll I know if my passport is available at Lekki?

You will receive an email correspondence after 3-4days from VFS indicating that your passport is ready for pickup at VAC office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 9:33am On Mar 07, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

You will receive an email correspondence after 3-4days from VFS indicating that your passport is ready for pickup at VAC office.
do I need to take anything along for verification?
Got the mail on the 5th of March
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:37am On Mar 07, 2019
Johnsonkelvin:
do I need to take anything along for verification?
Got the mail on the 5th of March

Go along with you a copy of the receipt that was issued to you after your application submission.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:02am On Mar 07, 2019
Johnsonkelvin:
yeah,he gave a new suggestion for my case, I didn't know we were also meant to have a sponsor in Canada, aside from my original nigerian sponsor.
Cause no one on nairaland talked about it b4

When has having a sponsor in Canada become a requirement for Canadian Study Visa application? I will whisper this to you BEWARE OF SCAMMERS. I understand how traumatized you could be at the moment because your study visa was rejected. However, I will advice you to get your GCMS note, seek counsel from any of the knowledgeable gurus here, rewrite your SOP/LOE and refire.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mikkycoins(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2019
Senatorkolade:

If your application deadline is May 1, they won't sit on your application until after the deadline. Is your application Winter 2020?
I'm finished!
My application is fall September 2019
Can't they process submitted applications?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 10:12am On Mar 07, 2019
All,
If you are requested to do medicals, does it mean you'll get the student visa after passing the medicals?
Secondly,how long after doing the medicals will it reflect on your online profile?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hope95: 10:13am On Mar 07, 2019
Tvickie:
Hi guys. Who else is still expecting a reply from university of manitoba for fall 2019

Seems universities in manitoba province are yet to release admissions to their schools, I also applied to Brandon University Masters in Manitoba Province but yet to get a feedback

mikkycoins:

I'm finished!
My application is fall September 2019
Can't they process submitted applications?

That application deadline date is so close to allow you go through visa application process, that must be your concern, but you can start preparing required documents down
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:14am On Mar 07, 2019
DMerciful:
All,
If you are requested to do medicals, does it mean you'll get the student visa after passing the medicals?
Secondly,how long after doing the medicals will it reflect on your online profile?

It's not a guarantee that you will get visa after being instructed to undertake a medical exam. It takes 2-3 working days for the medical result to reflect on your MyCIC account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 10:20am On Mar 07, 2019
Thanks
But why will they ask you to spend more money for medicals if they have not fully checked your application?
Frankrobbn1:

It's not a guarantee that you will get visa after being instructed to undertake a medical exam. It takes 2-3 working days for the medical result to reflect on your MyCIC account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 07, 2019
esefrancis:
God bless everyone taking their time out to make this forum a success. Your joy will never seize .
Please I have a question to ask. I was Denied on my first application. To reasons of 1. travel history
2.purpose of visit
3.personal assets
Though I regret using an agent who resides in Canada
She didn’t give me any information only requested for a few documents and We had to pay her 1.9million for the processing . I finished high school in 2015.
Do I need to fill the forms exactly the same way I filled it in my previous applications?
In my previous application I also stated that I had an apprenticeship training after high school, if I ommut that now will it be a red flag? I await your reponse. Thanks
1.9m!!, Was some % of your tuition part of this 1.9m,or Just her processing fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 10:43am On Mar 07, 2019
GboyegaD:

Unfortunately, I do not have an idea on how this works and I can only wonder why someone will want to come in Fall and then wait till Winter before taking classes.
@GboyegaD thanks for your response but my take is this--
D admission for fall 2019 is a certificate course while the one for winter 2020 is a masters degree (which is what I want)... The admission for fall 2019 is out already pending visa processing but the one for winter 2020 is yet to come out... In a case the visa goes through for the certificate course and the admission for winter 2020 comes out... My reason for asking...
Kindly advice. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by atiteb4: 10:44am On Mar 07, 2019
Bracha:
Lol, hi. I'm not in Brandon yet.
Err... a little clarification, I'm not a bro but a sis. I'm a lady.

OK sis
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hope95: 10:48am On Mar 07, 2019
Good Morning every students, applicants and prospective applicants. I want to call out to any one who has applied to Brandon University Graduate programme or undergraduate and has gotten a response from them.

Graduate degree deadline was January 31st 2019

@Atiteb4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:51am On Mar 07, 2019
DMerciful:
Thanks
But why will they ask you to spend more money for medicals if they have not fully checked your application?

It's a new trend from the Kenya (Nairobi) visa officers. Those guys can sometimes be unpredictable and inhumane.One can't tell why they will reject an application after been called for medicals. They started this as at the end of last year and is still in effect. Be hopeful that you will get your TRV.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 07, 2019
DMerciful:
All,

Have u been requested to do medicals by cic?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 11:00am On Mar 07, 2019
Yes...I did on March 4
042viber12:

Have u been requested to do medicals by cic?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 11:03am On Mar 07, 2019
I just did my upfront medical.. i was told to upload an e medical form online.. but ive already submitted my application... How can i upload the form
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 11:07am On Mar 07, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It's a new trend from the Kenya (Nairobi) visa officers. Those guys can sometimes be unpredictable and inhumane.One can't tell why they will reject an application after been called for medicals. They started this as at the end of last year and is still in effect. Be hopeful that you will get your TRV.

So even after you get requested for medicals, you can still get rejected? (even if you pass? That's just mean)

Has anyone been to MMIA lately....its crowded mhen... Lol... Even passport offices are jammed up with people...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 11:08am On Mar 07, 2019
Maxihyfr:
I just did my upfront medical.. i was told to upload an e medical form online.. but ive already submitted my application... How can i upload the form

What route did you go by?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 11:09am On Mar 07, 2019
DMerciful:
Yes...I did on March 4

Sorry, goodmorning.
When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 11:15am On Mar 07, 2019
DMerciful:
Thanks
But why will they ask you to spend more money on medicals if they have not fully checked your application?

That's why medical comes last and it's very rare to be refused a visa after medical request pops out.

This bullshit started late last year cause before, once you're called for medical then its a sure bet for approval.

In your case don't panic just keep praying, you have a higher chance of approval.

If I may ask, when did you apply for your visa?

Cause Nairobi office are now in charge of both online and paper route for a student visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 11:19am On Mar 07, 2019
Feb 5th, online. Though I had applied sometime in 2017 for a visitor visa due to work related travel but was denied. I did gave my UCI hence biometrics was not required at this instance
Austacus:

That's why medical comes last and it's very rare to be refused a visa after medical request pops out.

This bullshit started late last year cause before, once you're called for medical then its a sure bet for approval.

In your case don't panic just keep praying, you have a higher chance of approval.

If I may ask, when did you apply for your visa?

Cause Nairobi office is now in charge of both online and paper route for a student visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 11:20am On Mar 07, 2019
Feb 5th. Got medical request around Feb 19th
TheAfrikan:

Sorry, goodmorning.
When did you apply?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 11:21am On Mar 07, 2019
DMerciful:
Feb 5th, online. Though I had applied sometime in 2017 for a visitor visa due to work related travel but was denied. I did gave my UCI hence biometrics was not required at this instance

Okay then
Your application is being handled in Kenya (Whatever route you went through in).

Don't be scared... Your approval is very close to you, be ready to grab it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.