Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (860594 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by crusader6(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
DMerciful:
All,
If you are requested to do medicals, does it mean you'll get the student visa after passing the medicals?
Secondly,how long after doing the medicals will it reflect on your online profile?
In recent development, being required to do medicals shows that your application has passed some point and theres a hope..coz for now many people are rejected before the medical request. Just ma sugguestion nd observation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AgroNACT(m): 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2019
JustMellow:

Paper route would be advised given to the same processing location whether online or paper route
which is presently Kenya. Why go through all the stress for online??

BTW my opinion but the preference is yours!

But i was thinking the online route would be less stressful. Being an online thing which doesn't really require physical transmission of documents. Please confusion is setting in again o !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bbinc: 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
JustMellow:

You should want to know that there is "hope." An academic profile alone isn't a total criterion to secure a Master's admission whether research/course/thesis or project base programs. Its "not even" based on merits BUT several other factors left to the decision of the graduate committee/department.

Your CGPA isn't bad/weak, you stand a chance if you can present:

1. An intuitive and a well constructive Letter of Intent
2. Show good prowess of research or savvy ability to adapt to course work
3. Have a research work or a publication
4. Secure a supervisor(very important if its research)
5. Befriend the graduate secretary

BTW I have seen applicants with a CGPA slightly lower than yours getting funding and you even stand a better chance if you apply to many schools(some of Masters and colleges) if your available resources permits it.

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by crusader6(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2019
JustMellow:

You should want to know that study application pattern has slightly witnessed certain changes. An applicant now has to go the extra mile to present docunents that well evidently backs every crucial claims and more.

This has been evidently witnessed in recent times. I will still advise any prospective applicant to use the paper checklist to gather the required documents even if the online route is a prefer choice
No changes has been made in documents requested..its we Nigerians that actually do submit those documents out of desperation and to be frank we cant tell if people are often accepted or reject on the account of those documents.I have read on this forum about a study permit granted with just 6.5mil SOA wit no asset ,No tuition payment or transfer of money into anyones account. On the Cic website I watched a video on directions on how to applied for a Study permit. On the video it was well instructed that no document which is unavailable on the document checklist should be submitted.But we do go on submitting uneccessary nd document uncalled for , probably these are the things that cause suspicions and delay. Its even on the website that tuition should not be paid before visa decision is made but we often neglect these things.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by waleadeleke(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
thanks
JustMellow:

You can leave it plain, no harm!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by waleadeleke(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
Thanks
GboyegaD:

You do not have to sign. Just go ahead and validate and that takes care of the signature. Once you validate, then it generates an additional page that has the barcode on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2019
My younger bro got visa last yr without paying any fees cos University of Regina does not require any deposit to give you letter of acceptance. My own school requires mandatory deposit of $7200CAD so I paid. Do not do more than its required in terms of payment.
crusader6:

No changes has been made in documents requested..its we Nigerians that actually do submit those documents out of desperation and to be frank we cant tell if people are often accepted or reject on the account of those documents.I have read on this forum about a study permit granted with just 6.5mil SOA wit no asset ,No tuition payment or transfer of money into anyones account. On the Cic website I watched a video on directions on how to applied for a Study permit. On the video it was well instructed that no document which is unavailable on the document checklist should be submitted.But we do go on submitting uneccessary nd document uncalled for , probably these are the things that cause suspicions and delay. Its even on the website that tuition should not be paid before visa decision is made but we often neglect these things.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2019
GboyegaD:

Seriously How many minutes does it take to scan a document and compressing is just at the point of saving. If you think doing that is stressful, then I can only .......

Well, we own our opinions likewise others, let's just shake hands and put on a sly grin... you doing a great job here!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2019
Austacus:

Use the webform and choose Kenya Nairobi as your visa office.

You can also use email route but in this case, I would advise you to go through both route.

This link would direct you straight to Where you will choose the visa office

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html

Good luck

Sorry wats the email??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ALT2(m): 4:50pm On Mar 07, 2019
Gurus in the house do you think the VO will perceive a land agreement for a 60,000 naira piece of land bought since 1978 positively?

Also, can I merge additional files with my admission letter to maximize space for online application.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
You have to factor in the route one is using, alongside the peculiarity of the application. If the CIC website is saying that online route is faster, then it is.

JustMellow:

I don't think that statistics still holds any valid exactness in its entirety, if you follow the current situation of how applications was processed last year(2018), paper application was Usain Bolt against an online Yourne Blake.

The paper route saw faster of both rejections and approval when put in comparison. The online application was fast in 2017 when Ghana handled paper applications.

My observations though!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
crusader6:

There is no need for further contention, if you've not submitted, maybe you should submit just the requirements you saw on CIC website, then come back and share the outcome.

On the instances you used in making you reference, you know also know that application varies and the circumstances of such application is a big part to as well consider. Do a proper scrutinizing of the application you made your instance with then you "might" get to understand more.

BTW let's shake hands and stay positive!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hello,

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think this is the case BUT i could be wrong. Please ask the others.
If he has sufficient money in his account, he can be self-sponsored. As long as there's enough money for: his tuition + 10000cad/11000cad as the case may be, and for the family's upkeep in the account, and the money is easily accessible. Then he's good to go.

For further clarification, you can seek the advise of others; Frankrobbn1, justwise, GboyegaD, makano, Austacus, 02viber etc.

Cheers

DBlessedofGod:
Thanks a bunch @
Bracha I was thinking there is suppose to be a flow with the one submitted in the school. How should we go about being the owner of the company when applying for the visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 5:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
crusader6:

Nah Nah Nah!
What you saw on the CIC website is applicable to the whole wide world. Huh!
Every country has its measurement of how they handle their visa.
:
Someone from the UK or US or other developed countries can follow what they saw on the website and it would work just fine for them.
They can even have up to $2000 in their account and still get the visa without submitting any properties, affidavits etc. Besides some schools make it compulsory to pay tuition fee which is contrary to what CIC is saying in the official website.
:
Sorry, your claim is not kosher*

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hello

BU admission decisions start going out in March. So start expecting them now. If you think it's taking long, just email Jennifer McIntosh, and she'll respond to you. She's really nice.

Good luck.

Hope95:

Seems universities in manitoba province are yet to release admissions to their schools, I also applied to Brandon University Masters in Manitoba Province but yet to get a feedback

That application deadline date is so close to allow you go through visa application process, that must be your concern, but you can start preparing required documents down
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2019
sillysassysally:
You have to factor in the route one is using, alongside the peculiarity of the application. If the CIC website is saying that online route is faster, then it is.

Its just based on my observations and its not like am imposing my opinion on any prospective applicant but sharing my observation based on experience and not mere theories.

To the bolded, why does CIC website states an estimated processing time but takes them forever?

I know some peeps might be swift to quote the normal generic reason of "some application might fall beyond the estimated time...." in relating this to the bold, that also is a generic post which is based on "only" the theoretical aspect. If an observation is placed on the paper route from last year ending till now, its fast pace of processing is overwhelming compared to what was once known of papar route vs online application.

Both our opinions is substantial to us, so let's just shake hands and continuing spreading the gospel of positiveness and encouragement to those applicants who needs it.

Respect Ma!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2019
Oh boy go and do the medical and stop stressing yourself about the money. When you get the visa, will you even remember the money? smh

DMerciful:
Thanks
But why will they ask you to spend more money for medicals if they have not fully checked your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hello,

Get the visa first then you can drop the certificate course and switch to the master's.

Timothyphillips:

@GboyegaD thanks for your response but my take is this--
D admission for fall 2019 is a certificate course while the one for winter 2020 is a masters degree (which is what I want)... The admission for fall 2019 is out already pending visa processing but the one for winter 2020 is yet to come out... In a case the visa goes through for the certificate course and the admission for winter 2020 comes out... My reason for asking...
Kindly advice. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mikkycoins(m): 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2019
TheAfrikan:

After going through this thread and reading from other sources; I believe every application is treated independently (that is why what works for you might not work for me), you can only use this thread to have an oversight of what's going on, and move on a safer path to approval.... On this thread I've seen under one week to 24weeks approval and also rejection.. So cheer up... You're covered...
I pray o
Thanks Bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
They can give a visa within 4 months. Just have faith.

mikkycoins:

Even if I prepare every document before the time,may to September is less than 4 months!
Can they give a visa decision within 4 months?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by atiteb4: 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
crusader6:

I applied for BSN in Nursing in Brandon. Av submitted all my documents and They have notified me that decision will be made within 3weeks. But mehn.. They av increase their tuition fees from 9k to 18k for 2019/2020.. Im so unlucky..
they have increased masters too but i think nursing is always expensive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2019
Online is actually less stressful compared to paper.

JustMellow:

Paper route would be advised given to the same processing location whether online or paper route
which is presently Kenya. Why go through all the stress for online??

BTW my opinion but the preference is yours!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
Purpose of visit
Proof of Financial support

For purpose of visit, i just kept saying i was coming back to seek employment here.
For finance, i paid a part of my fees. This was a risk, as it does not guarantee visa issuance. God showed up and it ended in praise.

sillysassysally:
What were the reasons for refusal and what did you do differently the third time?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2019
I'm not stressing about the money, I'm stressing on the possibility that rejection is still possible after medicals...Doesn't make sense!
I've done it btw
Bracha:
Oh boy go and do the medical and stop stressing yourself about the money. When you get the visa, will you even remember the money? smh

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2019
crusader6:

This is what I was trying to emphasize. The online route has its in-built algorithm that ensures all necessary details as it pertains to each application is what is required. We complicate our application and makes it take a much longer while than necessary to process since the VO needs look through the many things we provide in reaching his/her decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DBlessedofGod: 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2019
Many thanks again @Bracha for your time .
When you say tuition +10000 CAD is the tuition in this case the part payment made to get your acceptance letter from the university or total amount payable for the complete study?

Bracha:
Hello,

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think this is the case BUT i could be wrong. Please ask the others.
If he has sufficient money in his account, he can be self-sponsored. As long as there's enough money for: his tuition + 10000cad/11000cad as the case may be, and for the family's upkeep in the account, and the money is easily accessible. Then he's good to go.

For further clarification, you can seek the advise of others; Frankrobbn1, justwise, GboyegaD, makano, Austacus, 02viber etc.

Cheers

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2019
Dear Fora,

The documents requirement on CIC is very credible, and substantial to an "extent" but not extensively enough to file in a study permit application especially from third world countries like Nigeria reasons been that the current situation of things relating to weak economy/economic prospect, unemployment, bad governance and abated leadership system and several other factors.

Prospective applicants are advised not to only settle for the list of requirements on CIC website which certainly in no doubt be considered as accurate which is true as a result of been a formal and reliable source. If an applicant only just go by those requirements without any further research of documents to included, there is a "likely" prospect of a refusal.

Don't completely compare your application to others, every application is a storyline of the applicant which every respective applicant has a different storyline and as such, each storyline should as much be veracious and unique to convince the VO which is the utmost necessity with provided(or extra) documents to evidently back any claims or assertions.

Many applicants get it wrong especially when writing an SOP/LOE just like an undergraduate writing a partial research work without including Footnotes/Endnotes/Reference BUT to be like a reportive journalist were a style of narrative essay is adopted with clear evidence(i.e. pictures) of such event to make it comprehensive, cogent, and believable for the audience to ascertain.

It doesn't matter if CIC website is a reliable source of information, but its complexity complicates and confuse many applicants and make it incomplete. That's why IRCC recognizes and endorsed third party representatives like Oga and Madam Agents them to help and break such complexity into bits BUT many applicants has opt for self application filing die to the irregularities amongst these Agents.

What is this am saying? Don't only rely on the theoretical aspect of information but do well to research extensively via knowledgeable past and present experiences.

Just a nugget!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2019
When you get the acceptance letter, the tuition is written in it. If the school said the part payment is towards the tuition fee, then it is included.

DBlessedofGod:
Many thanks again @Bracha for your time .
When you say tuition +10000 CAD is the tuition in this case the part payment made to get your acceptance letter from the university or total amount payable for the complete study?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tegipraise(m): 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2019
Please whose travelling to Canada this weekend or who knows anyone travelling?? VERY URGENT PLS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2019
ALT2:
Gurus in the house do you think the VO will perceive a land agreement for a 60,000 naira piece of land bought since 1978 positively?

Also, can I merge additional files with my admission letter to maximize space for online application.

Thanks

Just curious to know why you want to include this in your application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.