Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862150 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 6:34am On Mar 20, 2019
juddytee:

I applied in NBCC, two weeks ago and I have not heard from them yet on the admission. I guess you are not alone. You can pm me ,I will like to ask some few questions.

Sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kay81: 7:05am On Mar 20, 2019
Please i need help, i got an offer as student athlete in an academy in Canada... Please i need help on how to go about applying for the visa and documents needed to be submitted.. Swift response will be so much appreciated. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 20, 2019
Frank274:

When this medical of a thing needed in? And what kind of sickness or infection that can Lead to visa refusal?

It's requested after a period of time after you must have applied for the visa...or u can do it on your own (upfront) after u must have applied for a visa

Don't really know but I know dy do chest xray, check your blood for any contactable disease (hiv and Co) den blood pressure...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:20am On Mar 20, 2019
Kay81:
Please i need help, i got an offer as student athlete in an academy in Canada... Please i need help on how to go about applying for the visa and documents needed to be submitted.. Swift response will be so much appreciated. Thank you!

Are you sponsored by the academy in which you're enrolled? What's the lucrativeness of this offer in Nigeria after your authorized stay in Canada? I think about how this can be possible since applicants with genuine intention find it very difficult to get a Canadian Visa, let alone an athlete's.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2019
Please what date exactly did you do your medicals after it was requested?

TheAfrikan:

TheAfrikan
Applied via online - Feb 9th
Biometrics - Feb 12th
Meds Requested - March 2nd
Meds passed - March 18th
Eligibility Check - In progress
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kay81: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Are you sponsored by the academy in which you're enrolled? What's the lucrativeness of this offer in Nigeria after your authorized stay in Canada? I think about how this can be possible since applicants with genuine intention find it very difficult to get a Canadian Visa, let alone an athlete's.
yeah, will be sponsored by the academy also is a very lucrative sport in Nigeria.. All i want to know now is the documents needed to apply. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 8:41am On Mar 20, 2019
Big congratulations!!!

Please what date did you do your biometrics and medicals?

Godatwork23:
Approval Alert
Submitted app 30th December
Medical Request 23rd February
Medical passed 11th March
PPR and Correspondence letter 19 March

Sent them a CSE yesterday and early this morning i got the mail. See, there was a moniker here that said it's luck and there's no God after getting his PPR. I don't know where he is now but I want him to know it's not luck. There's an Almighty God, a living God. He answers prayers. Thank you so much Frankrobben, God go do your own. And to all TRV hopefuls, God will answer everyone. There's something I used to do since I got my scholarship, any aeroplane I see, i always decree and declare that I will be in such a plane a month to my resumption . That was my method of faith for over a year now. Glory to God Almighty once more.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 9:04am On Mar 20, 2019
Kay81:
yeah, will be sponsored by the academy also is a very lucrative sport in Nigeria.. All i want to know now is the documents needed to apply. Thank you

Include the following documents with your application
1-) The offer letter from the academy
2-) Your personal bank statement (that can cover for the miscellaneous expenses and flight itinerary to and from)
3-) Birth Certificate
4-) International Passport
5-) Letter from the academy stating that you're being sponsored by them
6-) Your ties to Nigeria (Landed properties of your parents, birth certificates of each members of your family) etc..
7-) Professional certifications that you've acquired as an athlete which made you deemed fit for the Sports program you're accepted in.
8-) Copy of a reference letter from your employer
9-) All educational credentials (WAEC, Degree Certificates etc..)
10) All Immigration processing forms ( family form (IMM5645E), and study permit form (IMM1294E).
11-) Letter of explanation... detailing why you're going for this sports program, the lucrativeness in Nigeria and how the knowledge and expertise you would gain from your international exposure can be translated to your home country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 9:05am On Mar 20, 2019
sillysassysally:
Please what date exactly did you do your medicals after it was requested?

13th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 9:23am On Mar 20, 2019
How about biometrics request date?

TheAfrikan:

13th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 9:27am On Mar 20, 2019
Hello. Please, what exactly is the content of the CSE you sent to them? I'm asking because your app hasn't exceeded the processing time as at when you said you sent them the inquiry.

TheAfrikan:

13th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kay81: 9:36am On Mar 20, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Include the following documents with your application
1-) The offer letter from the academy
2-) Your personal bank statement (that can cover for the miscellaneous expenses and flight itinerary to and from)
3-) Birth Certificate
4-) International Passport
5-) Letter from the academy stating that you're being sponsored by them
6-) Your ties to Nigeria (Landed properties of your parents, birth certificates of each members of your family) etc..
7-) Professional certifications that you've have acquired as an athlete which made you deemed fit for the Sports program you're accepted in.
8-) Copy of a reference letter from your employer
9-) All educational credentials (WAEC, Degree Certificates etc..)
10) All Immigration processing forms ( family form (IMM5645E), and study permit form (IMM1294E).
11-) Letter of explanation... detailing why you're going for this sports program, the lucrativeness in Nigeria and how the knowledge and expertise you would gain from your international exposure can be translated to your home country.
wow u too much thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 9:44am On Mar 20, 2019
dedecoder:
Hello. Please, what exactly is the content of the CSE you sent to them? I'm asking because your app hasn't exceeded the processing time as at when you said you sent them the inquiry.

That's not me.... It's @Godatwork23
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2019
@Frankrobbn1 Thanks a lot for how helpful you have been on this forum. Can you kindly help me contact "goingforward" I need some clarifications. I noticed she hasn't been active.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2019
Hello. Please, what exactly was the content of the CSE you sent to them? I'm asking because your app hasn't exceeded the processing time as at when you said you sent them the inquiry.

Godatwork23:
Approval Alert
Submitted app 30th December
Medical Request 23rd February
Medical passed 11th March
PPR and Correspondence letter 19 March

Sent them a CSE yesterday and early this morning i got the mail. See, there was a moniker here that said it's luck and there's no God after getting his PPR. I don't know where he is now but I want him to know it's not luck. There's an Almighty God, a living God. He answers prayers. Thank you so much Frankrobben, God go do your own. And to all TRV hopefuls, God will answer everyone. There's something I used to do since I got my scholarship, any aeroplane I see, i always decree and declare that I will be in such a plane a month to my resumption . That was my method of faith for over a year now. Glory to God Almighty once more.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2019
TheAfrikan:

That's not me.... It's @Godatwork23

Sorry, that's an error on my part.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gr8full2God: 10:09am On Mar 20, 2019
Good day everyone

I got admission to UPEI undergraduate computer science yesterday. Here is my profile am 28 years old
I have an OND in computer Engineering 2011, have been working as a programmer since 2011 until the company shut down 2017 so I decided to study in Canada, my Dad is my sponsor and he as a strong SOA, what are my chances considering my age?

Secondly, there is a spelling different in my Dad last name is Taofik, my own last name is Taofeek. Do I still need prove to show that he's my Dad?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:10am On Mar 20, 2019
Hi Nairaland Family,
So far so good, we have the timeline of 8 people. Please if you have applied for a TRV, I would encourage you to share your timeline (which should include; the application date, application route, biometrics request date, date biometrics was done, medical request date, date medicals was done, date medicals was passed, and the current status). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates.

We have made attempts to "calculate" processing times. (Please note that this is just an average based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average). As we get more samples, I want to believe our calculations would be more "accurate".

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data, please share with me.

Also, please @Godatwork23 kingly share the date your biometrics was requested, the date it was done, and the date you did your medicals. @TheAfrikan @Oluwaseunbd and @Klem28 kindly share the date your biometrics was requested and the date you did it.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2019
Welldone sassy Sally.....
My biometricsrequest was on March 13th
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland Family,
So far so good, we have the timeline of 8 people. Please if you have applied for a TRV, I would encourage you to share your timeline (which should include; the application date, application route, biometrics request date, date biometrics was done, medical request date, date medicals was done, date medicals was passed, and the current status). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates.

We have made attempts to "calculate" processing times. (Please note that this is just an average based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average). As we get more samples, I want to believe our calculations would be more "accurate".

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data, please share with me.

Also, please @Godatwork23 kingly share the date your biometrics was requested, the date it was done, and the date you did your medicals. @TheAfrikan @Oluwaseunbd and @Klem28 kindly share the date your biometrics was requested and the date you did it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Godatwork23: 10:29am On Mar 20, 2019
Biometrics -2nd of Jan
Medicals 6th of April
sillysassysally:
Big congratulations!!!

Please what date did you do your biometrics and medicals?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:31am On Mar 20, 2019
Medical 6th April We've not yet gotten to april oh grin

Godatwork23:
Biometrics -2nd of Jan
Medicals 6th of April
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 10:37am On Mar 20, 2019
Bio was requested 24 hours after application..... 10th Feb
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omarzx: 10:53am On Mar 20, 2019
Hi guys..
I applied via paper route on 3/06/19
Biometrics 3/06/19
May all our dreams come tru.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:56am On Mar 20, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland Family,

I did a little research and judging by trv approvals in the previous threads, I found out trv's are usually approved 2-3months before program starts. So for the early birds little patience will be required I suppose
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hardeholar1(m): 11:24am On Mar 20, 2019
You can connect with me here
ic3tipz:

Please I would like to connect with NAIT admission students for Fall 2019

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hardeholar1(m): 11:27am On Mar 20, 2019
Add my details
Application route :online
Application date : March 7
Request for biometrics: March 8
Biometrics completed : March 11
sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland Family,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:28am On Mar 20, 2019
Not so correct for this thread tho, it just happens to few.. We have several monikers here deferring their admission 2 to 3 times just cos their TRV isnt issued before the start of their supposed program. And please note so many things have changed between past threads and this thread.. Things were better then than now
Qudkom:

I did a little research and judging by trv approvals in the previous threads, I found out trv's are usually approved 2-3months before program starts. So for the early birds little patience will be required I suppose

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cappymayor: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Dude I understand your present predicament. Be strong okay!.
I have few questions to ask you, What's your Immigration status at Abu Dhabi? Why applying from there instead of Nigeria your home country? Before issuing a visitor visa, work permit or study permit, the immigration officer must be satisfied that you are likely to leave Canada when your permission to stay expires. If you have strong ties to your home country, the immigration officer will generally be satisfied that you are likely to return to your country after visiting, studying or working in Canada. Significant ties can include close family members who live in your home country, current employment as well as good prospects for future employment in your country, ownership of an active business, and ownership or property or other assets in your home country, among other factors. If you are not a citizen of the country where you live, your immigration status in your country of residence also has an impact on this assessment. If you can show that you will be able to return to your country of residence after visiting Canada, the visa office will likely focus primarily on your ties to your visiting country of residence (Abu Dhabi). Hence, If your immigration status in your country of residence (Abu Dhabi) isn't work permit, study visa, or resident permit, you're ought to return to your home country, Nigeria where you have sufficient ties because this will be considered to weaken your assessment in the sight of the visa officer. That means if you don't have a legal status in Abu Dhabi to apply for a Canadian student visa from there. You will always be denied if you keep trying to apply from the country. It's going to be inconvenient and expensive for you, but the best thing to do is go back to Nigeria and and apply for the student visa from there.

Best of luck

Hello , i'm going to make a reference to what you said , i think there is no progression in his above application,he had a bachelor degree already in hospitality management and he is going for a 2 years diploma course which is a big step down obviously ,why not go for a masters program or a post graduate certificate which is definitely higher than his previous degree,and i think his home ties are not strong enough in my own opinion,you can apply from any part of the world as long as you have a legal immigration status,i'm not sure the VO links your home ties to where you study but to your country of origin in my own opinion.

I'm currently in Russia ,i will finish my bachelor's degree in the same Hospitality management from a university here in Moscow and i'm planning to go for either a master's program or post graduate certificate program of 2 years and to cap it up i'm applying from Russia which is understandable if i back myself up with convincing points. i have a wife and child in Nigeria ,i have my business in which my wife takes charge of it,i think those are enough home ties,i don't think having a siblings and a money in your account are home ties in my point of view.

i checked NBCC and i see they don't offer a post graduate certificate in hospitality management but in business related.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
Welldone aunty Sally �

sillysassysally:
Hi Nairaland Family,

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hadassaheke(f): 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2019
Ggetter50:

Please, if you don’t mind me asking. As a graduate researcher going to Canada for 5months, I believe you will need a work permit, right? As related to (Practical training or internship)? As a Nigerian, under which application option/program are you applying for the work permit?

Thanks for your response
Hi dear. I'm sorry for responding late, I just saw this.

1. Yes, I applied for a work permit.
2. I didn't apply from Nigeria
3. I applied for the LMIA exempt work permit (my employees gave me an employment number which I applied with).

I hope this answers your questions?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
How about people that are applying with only two months left till their program starts?

Qudkom:

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.