Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862365 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
I think it would do us all a great deal of help if everyone that has gotten an approval can give us perspective on the uniqueness of their application, as well as the documents they submitted.

Austacus:

Please answer the following question

~What is your travel history?
~Who's your sponsor (parents), or self-sponsored?
~Tell us the range of amount in your sponsor’s account. If you don't want to say the exact amount, just the range will do eg 15-17 million
~How did you convince the VO in your SOP? What did you do differently?
~Did you change your program? Or the same program with your BSC?
~ where do you work in Nigeria? And How's the pay like?

I may not respond back to you but your answer will help us especially for those that are going for a diploma.

Congratulations bro.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2019
TRV processing time update 2/04/2019

BIG CONGRATS to those that have just gotten their approvals!

We have a sample of 27 hopefuls! I would encourage those that have applied this year to share their timeline (with details such as; Application Route, whether you're a new or re-applicant, School Resumption Date, Application Date, Biometrics Request Date, Biometrics Done Date, Medical Request, Medicals Done, Medicals Passed, PPR or the Current Status of your application). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates. (Please note that the calculated estimates are just averages based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average)

For those that have already submitted their timeline, kindly share if you are a new applicant or a re-applicant. Also, please share when you are expected to resume school. This would help us understand if there is a relationship between processing time and resumption date. (Cc Oni2019, Yacha77, docsaj, Klem28, Trishaben, Omarzx, ify85, Samolala2019, umulobi, Oyalfares)

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data or if there is a better way you think I can present the data, I am always open to suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mbambah1: 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2019
Hi
Please whoelse has sent passport to Canada visa office through vac and has been on this long wait...
After approval on 10th March, I submitted passport on 12th march,, this is 15 working days (3 weeks) no show, I don mail , send web form multiple times no show, called vfs and they said its still at embassy...please share your experience! Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by geofortress: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2019
Good day gurus here.. I need help on filling the cic imm forms..
On the study permit made outside canada form, i have the following questions..
What should i write in the box of UCI?
*Also I want service in?

I entered the name of my canada school but its not showing if i click out..
I try to check the box for taiwan and isreal passport but it isnt checking..
How much should i write in the total fund available and total for room and board. Also, i wrote my uncle will pay my expenses..

Did i need to fill the Authority to release personal information forms too..

Also.. How will i attach my other documents to the forms.. Or there is a seperate space to upload other documents on the application portal?.. Also, do i need attach the birth ceryificate of my siblings to the family form?..

Thanks in anticipation of a explanatory response..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by esefrancis: 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2019
Please gurus in the house who can help me with a sample of affidavit of sponsorship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
Application Time line
Submitted 22/03/ 2019
Upfront medicals 21/03/2019
Bio metrics for 2016 still valid

Route paper

No update yet and can not still link it to my GCkey
I have tried all the combinations given

sillysassysally:
TRV processing time update 21/03/2019

Hi everyone,
As at today, only 10 applicants have shared their timeline. Please if you have applied for a TRV, I would encourage you to share your timeline (which should include; the application date, application route, biometrics request date, date biometrics was done, medical request date, date medicals was done, date medicals was passed, and the current status). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates.

We have made attempts to "calculate" processing times. (Please note that this is just an average based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average). As we get more samples, I want to believe our calculations would be more "accurate".

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data, please share with me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Francejaik(m): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
Good afternoon house.

I'm a newbie here. Please, I need someone that can help me to answer this question:

Can I apply for masters abroad with my degree and two NECO certificates

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
Francejaik:
Good afternoon house.

I'm a newbie here. Please, I need someone that can help me to answer this question:

Can I apply for masters abroad with my degree and two NECO certificates

Thank you.

yes, you can apply with your first degree but NECO or WAEC is optional

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2019
Congratulations!!!!

Questionner:
Finally!!! Approval Alert.

Application Submitted: 16th Jan (Online route)
Bio metrics request: 17th Jan
Bio metrics done: 21st Jan
Medical request: 5th Feb
Medical done: 18th Feb
Medical passed: 22nd Feb
Correspondence letter:1st April
Original Passport request: 2nd April.

School resumes - September 3 (Concordia University)

Thanks to everyone on this platform for all the information and contributions made, You all are truly wonderful and words cant express it.Thank God for this great news flowing around. By Gods grace everyone will have a testimony to tell.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
Wow, it is raining approval alert. So happy!!
My testimony is here already, Amen!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Francejaik(m): 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2019
JustMellow:

yes, you can apply with your first degree but NECO or WAEC is optional

Thanks bro...I really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
JustMellow:

You've made a brilliant move using your dad as the primary sponsor. Its quite inaccurate for me to tag a fix amount as a closing balance but i have always advised prospect applicants that sponsors should have 10m above to be financially sufficient(despite some has gotten approvals less than such sponsorship funds, cases varies), as apart from your own study sponsorship, your sponsor's family composition and other necessities might be weighed into consideration of "financial eligibility."

For your 2nd sponsor, he can get your living expenses(10k cad) transferred into your personal account/setup a Canadian bank account in your name then have your LE paid into it(more credible), and state the readiness to pay for your flight(if applicable) likewise to meet the subsequent year's LE by stating it in the letter of co-sponsorship. Maybe 8m would be enough after the evident show of commitment.

Since its a two-persons sponsorship, either of whom that have a more convincing closing balance should step in as the principal sponsor but each must act evidently based on their sponsorship position.

BTW applying with a bank statement that is fairly strong should be rigorously backed by a consistent and evident source of funds that should be a convincing leverage as a guarantee to finance the tuition for the subsequent year and other necessities that you may incur during your studies. I do hope it would be useful.

This is based on my personal observations!

Thank you very very
God bless you
I hope I’ll come have my testimony here in few months and I can mention your name as one of the babas that helped my career..lol thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mofpearl:
Hello,

I have a question regarding filling out the study permit form. So, I have finished my program but convocation is in June. I work part-time at my university and I have also previously worked on research projects at my university. My question is, How do I fill out the employment section?
Do I put student or my part-time positions in the employment history? If I do enter my part-time positions, would I need to submit a CV with my application?
@justmellow, any ideas?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 3:48pm On Apr 02, 2019
sillysassysally:
CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSS!

Profile new applicant
Online application 2nd of April 2019
No biometric request yet

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Questionner: 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2019
AAO7:
Congratulations!!!!

Thanks Boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tajmal: 4:11pm On Apr 02, 2019
If I were you, I'd send them my official transcript. I applied to GBC last year and it took about 3 months before they asked me to send the official transcript. So to avoid delays, it's advisable to send it to facilitate the processing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
Thank you for sharing your timeline!
Please are you a new study permit applicant and what month does your school resume?

chibertha:
Application Time line
Submitted 22/03/ 2019
Upfront medicals 21/03/2019
Bio metrics for 2016 still valid

Route paper

No update yet and can not still link it to my GCkey
I have tried all the combinations given

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SpatialKing(m): 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2019
Complete Ready for Review after over 5 months of submitting my application to University of Saskatchewan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ILoveDLord(m): 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]
Congrats. I'm inspired by this testimony! Best wishes!

TheAfrikan:
MY TIMELINE

RESUMPTION : FALL 2019
STUDY :COLLEGE DIPLOMA
APP SUBMITTED : 9th FEBRUARY (ONLINE)
BIOMETRICS : 10th FEBRUARY
MEDICAL REQUEST : 2th MARCH
MEDICAL DONE : 13th MARCH
MEDICAL PASSED :18th MARCH
BIOMETRICS VALIDATION :31th MARCH
ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST : 1st APRIL

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
All CIC IMM FORMS
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT
LETTER OF EXPLANATION
PASSPORT ID
PROOF OF WORK REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY
DIGITAL PASSPORT

I would want to thank everyone on this platform for all the information and contributions made. Didn't know about this forum until I applied and I'm happy we have so much information to share and help each other achieve both corporate and individual goals..... So there you have it.... You can ask your questions.... My application seemed odd at first but I'm happy it answers most of our frequently asked questions.

MY PRAYER AND BLESSINGS GOES OUT TO EVERY BROKEN HEART, ONGOING APPLICATIONS AND HOPEFULS.... GOD'S NOT DEAD

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 5:06pm On Apr 02, 2019
Thanks for sharing your profile!

Is this your first application and when does your school resume?

Tlontin:

Profile new applicant
Online application 2nd of April 2019
No biometric request yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kiddy123: 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
Is ielts important for getting student visa for Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Damidee06: 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
TheAfrikan:

I have a 2:1 in a Professional Degree
Pls i also want to apply to a college but people have been saying that 2:1 are not expected to apply in colleges cos they will be rejected. Please i really need a clarification as to this aspect.
Want to apply for September intake pls

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mofpearl:
Hello,

I have a question regarding filling out the study permit form. So, I have finished my program but convocation is in June. I work part-time at my university and I have also previously worked on research projects at my university. My question is, How do I fill out the employment section?
Do I put student or my part-time positions in the employment history? If I do enter my part-time positions, would I need to submit a CV with my application?

Before I hint at a contributive suggestion, I will like to ask if this is your first application? I will be drawing my suggestions from a three way perspectives of considering:

1. If you is a matured applicant(age)
2. The period you've been working PT(work experience)
3. The research project conducted, was it done to achieve your first degree or academia research purpose.

The reason I ask about point 1 and point 2 is to have a clear picture of how you managed to undergo point 3(especially if the research was for academia knowledge) then I can sum up my suggestions.

BUT a quick chip in to your question in a general view as a fresh UG student, in filling the employment section if it was me, i would state myself as a student(citing a start date - end date) likewise stating your PT employment as a voluntary internship(citing a start date - end date). CV isn't a compulsory document but it gives clear insight of your work experience(and conferences, voluntary services/work, seminars attended etc) to the VO. It depends on how you relate your work experience that would/should determine its inclusion.

if your statement of result/certifications isn't ready prior to when you apply for your SP, you can approach your school's exams and record for an "authenticated official transcript and letter addressing the completion if your program, likewise an authenticated letter from your HOD(if necessary)" whilst you support with an explanation in your SOP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
sillysassysally:

yes no biometric request yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ajibade105(m): 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
I have a suggestion; why not create a column for their school(s) they will be attending so that future applicant(s) can pm them for questions regarding the school and maybe help in regards all information in the province. Just a suggestion. Thanks for compiling this list. We will celebrate approval soonest IJN...

sillysassysally:
TRV processing time update 2/04/2019

BIG CONGRATS to those that have just gotten their approvals!

We have a sample of 27 hopefuls! I would encourage those that have applied this year to share their timeline (with details such as; Application Route, whether you're a new or re-applicant, School Resumption Date, Application Date, Biometrics Request Date, Biometrics Done Date, Medical Request, Medicals Done, Medicals Passed, PPR or the Current Status of your application). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it.

This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates. (Please note that the calculated estimates are just averages based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average)

For those that have already submitted their timeline, kindly share if you are a new applicant or a re-applicant. Also, please share when you are expected to resume school. This would help us understand if there is a relationship between processing time and resumption date. (Cc Oni2019, Yacha77, docsaj, Klem28, Trishaben, Omarzx, ify85, Samolala2019, umulobi, Oyalfares)

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data or if there is a better way you think I can present the data, I am always open to suggestions.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
sillysassysally:

As regards my application... This is the first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
Damidee06:

Pls i also want to apply to a college but people have been saying that 2:1 are not expected to apply in colleges cos they will be rejected. Please i really need a clarification as to this aspect.
Want to apply for September intake pls

I don't know how to answer this question....i applied before I started following this forum....i just wanted to share that I was able to get an approval despite going for a diploma after a professional degree.

If you are convinced you want to do same then I'd advice you have a strong and convincing explanation to communicate your decision and reason.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Damidee06: 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
TheAfrikan:

I don't know how to answer this question....i applied before I started following this forum....i just wanted to share that I was able to get an approval despite going for a diploma after a professional degree.

If you are convinced you want to do same then I'd advice you have a strong and convincing explanation to communicate your decision and reason.
Thanks so much. Pls have sent you a PM. Pls just few questions i dont wana make public embarassed.kindly respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
Thanks for the updates and Kindly update for me. New applicant, May 6th resumption , still no medical request and for those that have gotten request kindly update. Finally I think a timeline for paper and online should be differentiated cause I feel paper and online doesn't have the same response time from my observation so far.
sillysassysally:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
Austacus:

Wait oooo
Who are you pointing your anger to?
Why not go to anifowoshe (VI) and fight them

Just a reminder, justwise isn't paying anyone here so stop feeling like it's a right.
Same as those in Ph.D. get their visa deny too... diploma refusal Is alarming especially in 2018.

Easy bro, at least you should be happy with the recent approval galore.

Don't forget to drink enough H2o

Justwise is not paying anyone and justwise is not getting paid neither, we are all here to help people FREE of charge, feel free to stop posting if money is your motivating factor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
justwise:

Justwise is not paying anyone and justwise is not getting paid neither, we are all here to help people FREE of charge, feel free to stop posting if money is your motivating factor.

Calm down bros.

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: Telegram234(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.