Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862007 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmy4Gold: 10:40am On Apr 05, 2019
Mofpearl:

Got my rejection letter after I called.
Thanks for the info Mofpearl, so so sorry about ur rejection, pls... never give up on the struggle it will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:53am On Apr 05, 2019
what did it say?

Johnsonkelvin:
any help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:55am On Apr 05, 2019
congrats

Kemsure30:
APPROVAL ALERT WITHIN 5WEEKS����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:57am On Apr 05, 2019
In my case I got it in Dec
emmy4Gold:
Good morning good people of great minds, please my people, I want to enquire if Memorial University of Newfoundland has started issuing admission out to graduate applicants for Fall 2019. kindly share if you have any information . Thank you....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:59am On Apr 05, 2019
congratulations
ILoveDLord:
O my God!

GUYS APPROVAL ALERT! This morning!!

I'm overwhelmed! I am coming back!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2019
Bracha:
Hello,

You could post it here and people will help in its interpretation.

sent U a pm

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 11:23am On Apr 05, 2019
chibertha:
what did it say?

just uploaded it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 11:28am On Apr 05, 2019
Hey, Thanks for the Update.

Did you apply on March 23rd? I'm wondering why your biometrics request took as long as it did?

Tlontin:
biometrics request on 3rd April
Done on the 4th of April
New applicant
Fall sept
Centennial college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 11:33am On Apr 05, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS!

Anticipating the full gist!

Kemsure30:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 11:33am On Apr 05, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS!

Awaiting the full gist!

ILoveDLord:
O my God!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 11:47am On Apr 05, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hey, Thanks for the Update.

Did you apply on March 23rd? I'm wondering why your biometrics request took as long as it did?

No ooo. Check my previous comment.. I applied 2nd april
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 11:48am On Apr 05, 2019
Kemsure30:

Mighty and superlative congratulations to you.
You were among may/June and July applicants and i flash on when your visa was refused in February after waiting for weeks upon months..., You were down and broken! and today, I congratulate you for your Visa approval within 5 weeks after the refusal letter. To others, never give up on your dreams.

Congratulations buddy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kemsure30: 12:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
I applied June 20 2018
There was no update till I withdrew it in December

I re applied dec 20
Medicals passed
Feb 6th was a denial
Reasons
Hometies and personal asset

I reapplied on the 1st of March 2019
Upfront medicals passed :3rd April
Correspondence letter:4th April
Passport request:5th April

PGD IN GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
A big thank u to @frankrobben1
I don’t hv a Sucess story without him and God

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
�����congrats..I can imagine how excited u r now...
Kemsure30:
I applied June 20 2018

I re applied dec 20
Medicals passed
Feb 6th was a denial
Reasons

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Cappymayor: 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
[quote author=Kemsure30 post=77283889]I applied June 20 2018

I re applied dec 20
Medicals passed
Feb 6th was a denial
Reasons

I don’t hv a Sucess story without him and God [/quote

congratulations on your approval....please whats the name of the college and the document submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kemsure30: 12:15pm On Apr 05, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
�����congrats..I can imagine how excited u r now...

Thanks a lot
Am so happy �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2019
You paid and did it again because you previously did it before 31st July 2018.. For those that wanna re-apply, if ur previous bio metrics was done before 31st July 2018, you will need to do it again.. But if you did ur last Biometrics from August 1st 2018 till date, u wont need to do it again for the next 10 years.. Just had to point that out cos I have noticed many questions have been asked as regards that... Peace
95seun:

Your UCI is your unique client identification number, it is an identifier so it shouldn’t affect your application, however it might result in the biometric information from your previous application not being recognized / applied to the new application.

If you’ve linked your application online, you would be able to see your current application, as well as all your previous applications but importantly you would be able to see if the biometric information you submitted has been applied to the new application.

I see you brought the issue of redoing Biometric up in a previous post, there’s a tool on the CIC website that you can use to verify the validity of your biometric information.

From experience, the VAC in Lagos can be wishy washy. I remember I was billed for the biometric fees when I reapplied through them, even though I didn’t do biometrics and my biometric information was still valid. I did the first biometric test 13 July 2018, paid again October 16, 2018.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pwettybii: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2019
congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iblion: 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2019
chibertha:
it depends on the scale they are using in canada
for example if they say 75% of 5 points CGPA it is 3.75
just do the maths

( L /100) x y= Z

where L is the % of CGPA you are looking at
Y is the Scale you are using 4, 5 as the case may be depending on the number of years for the degree

eg

(75/100) x 5 =3.75

so whatever figure you are looking to get just plug it into the equation above to get your answer

This what I think other people can throw more light.

Otherwise, certificate evaluating bodies would have to come in.

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ade1998: 1:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
I’m waiting as well; hasn’t been easy. What program did you apply for
emmy4Gold:
Good morning good people of great minds, please my people, I want to enquire if Memorial University of Newfoundland has started issuing admission out to graduate applicants for Fall 2019. kindly share if you have any information . Thank you....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yacha77: 1:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
Congratulations to you. How did you handle home ties and personal asset. Thank you
Kemsure30:
I applied June 20 2018

I re applied dec 20
Medicals passed
Feb 6th was a denial
Reasons

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2019
you need to call the school for more information. i hope you didnt pay through an agent ? I understand how you feel, you can find the number on their website. all the best
micromax:
Dominican university college applicant here plz?
I need update on the admission processes, plz I applied June last year and have been offer admission even paid tuition fee but I haven't gotten anything since then.pls someone should help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Samolala2019: 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2019
Am a new applicant to resume September 2019

sillysassysally:
TRV processing time update 05/04/2019

For those that have already submitted their timeline, kindly share if you are a new applicant or a re-applicant. Also, please share when you are expected to resume school. This would help us understand if there is a relationship between processing time and resumption date. (Cc Dedecoder, Godatwork23, Oni2019, Yacha77, Dmerciful, docsaj, Klem28, Trishaben, Omarzx, ify85, Samolala2019, umulobi, Tlontin)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 1:57pm On Apr 05, 2019
Congratulations!!!!!
God is faithful

Kemsure30:
I applied June 20 2018

I re applied dec 20
Medicals passed
Feb 6th was a denial
Reasons

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
Congratulations!!!
ILoveDLord:
O my God!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omarzx: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
Congratulations guys...i tap into this testimonies.
#Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ezenwa28: 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hello House i appreciate your response concerning some issues especially to some novice like me , Please brothers,
I got admission in Niagara college they gave me tuition deadline 30th April 2019, can i still pay after the deadline since is fall session
2. Can uncle that based outside Nigeria ( UK ) be my sponsor ?
3. Is there any approved Hospital Medical exams center in Portharcourt Rivers State. Please i need urgent reply
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
MsJu:
Letter of admission comes before payment of tuition fee. You are offered admission, you accept and proceed to tuition payment. Your friend should contact the school to be sure he actually paid to the write ppl.

..not completely true. Most DLI gives conditional admission letter prior to when admitted but issues out an unconditional admission letter prior to when the required tuition fees have been paid.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by toysleek(f): 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
emmy4Gold:
I sent an email and I got a reply saying by mid-April letters would be issued.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2019
makano:
You paid and did it again because you previously did it before 31st July 2018.. For those that wanna re-apply, if ur previous bio metrics was done before 31st July 2018, you will need to do it again.. But if you did ur last Biometrics from August 1st 2018 till date, u wont need to do it again for the next 10 years.. Just had to point that out cos I have noticed many questions have been asked as regards that... Peace

Nope, I didn’t do it again.

If you read and understood my post I stated that even though I did my biometrics before 31st of July, it was still valid as at when I reapplied in October. And VAC billed for a second biometric test when I reapplied, even though I didn’t do the biometric test. I just submitted my application and left.

That was why I made mention of the online tool on the CIC website that can be used to verify the validity of your biometric information and added that the VAC’s especially in Nigeria can be wishy washy.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2019
Gunit87:
Please did you write the same UCI number on all applications?? because in my last application I left it blank, I didn't write the one on the initial refusal.

Gunit87:
I didn't include the UCI on my previous rejection on my new application and now i was given a new UCI, can this affect my application? should I mail them on this? has anyone experienced this before.... Kindly advise please..

leaving it blank for a reapplication after a previous application won't necessitate to any harm. it will be automatically be inputted if blank. But if you haven't submitted, just for time saving, input the UCI number in your previous delayed application.

To the bolded, I have never heard of that, as I only know that one's UCI number stays constant(I stand to be corrected on this)

You go dey alright last last!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hi
To answer your questions;

1. Most institutions abroad take their deadlines seriously except of course you reach out to them asking for an extension.
It's worth a try. I asked for one and got it from my school.

2. Your sponsor's location shouldn't be a problem so long you're able to get the required documents you need from him.

3. To the best of my knowledge, the approved medical centres are in Lagos and Abuja.

ezenwa28:
Hello House i appreciate your response concerning some issues especially to some novice like me , Please brothers,
I got admission in Niagara college they gave me tuition deadline 30th April 2019, can i still pay after the deadline since is fall session
2. Can uncle that based outside Nigeria ( UK ) be my sponsor ?
3. Is there any approved Hospital Medical exams center in Portharcourt Rivers State. Please i need urgent reply
thank you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.