Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (861848 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kriff: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
Seconded
jnyuwa02:

Many have reapplied without gcms notes and were still able to successfully combat previous denial. GCMS in most cases are only expanded Cliff Notes version of the reason for denial. They are notes in a boilerplate template from which a VO tries to personalize the reason for denial as pertaining to an applicant. Sometimes GCMS shade some light better than the refusal letter as the one AustinPee showed. In other cases, they shade little to no light better than the refusal note. I will advice people to order for them because when they do shade better light, they can extremely be helpful. Some people by ordering their GCMS notes, have discovered errors by a VO which have often led to approval when such errors are pointed. Like someone who discovered through his gcms notes that a VO misintepreted him as been sponsored by a third party, when it was his father that was sponsoring him. He had to point out such errors which led to an approval. Sundry errors can be discovered by ordering GCMS notes. In other cases they only repeat what is obvious in the refusal note. It is your perogative whether to order them or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
sleekysoft:
Dear fellow comrades, you will agree with me that Canada has taught one patience

It's November bro we are all waiting for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dinho10(m): 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
What about someone who just been refused base on purpose of visa only... Do you think that person is good to go with a very good SOP? Or should order for GCMS note?

jnyuwa02:

Many have reapplied without gcms notes and were still able to successfully combat previous denial. GCMS in most cases are only expanded Cliff Notes version of the reason for denial. They are notes in a boilerplate template from which a VO tries to personalize the reason for denial as pertaining to an applicant. Sometimes GCMS shade some light better than the refusal letter as the one AustinPee showed. In other cases, they shade little to no light better than the refusal note. I will advice people to order for them because when they do shade better light, they can extremely be helpful. Some people by ordering their GCMS notes, have discovered errors by a VO which have often led to approval when such errors are pointed. Like someone who discovered through his gcms notes that a VO misintepreted him as been sponsored by a third party, when it was his father that was sponsoring him. He had to point out such errors which led to an approval. Sundry errors can be discovered by ordering GCMS notes. In other cases they only repeat what is obvious in the refusal note. It is your perogative whether to order them or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
beeesko:
Hello friends please I need to know the minimum funds required to study in Canada to get the visa approved. I would really appreciate your response.

No 1 can tell u an exact figure, just make sure u have enough to cover, tuition fees, schooling expenses, living expenses for a the whole year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubaiboy1: 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello my brothers and Sisters..

Is it necessary to fill and upload the schedule 1- Application for a temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada ( IMM 5257 )

Thanks and good luck to everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kriff: 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/34#72175986
Check the link.
dubaiboy1:

Is it necessary to fill and upload the schedule 1- Application for a temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada ( IMM 5257 )

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
dinho10:

What about someone who just been refused base on purpose of visa only... Do you think that person is good to go with a very good SOP? Or should order for GCMS note?

Honestly you are good to go if you don't have much time to wait for GCMS. Denial based on purpose of visit, GCMS notes will not say anything more than you haven't shown that you would be a genuine student. So your SOP should be tailored to convincing the VO that you would study in good faith if extended the privilege and that you intend to return to Nigeria based on pressing ties home.

Ps: purpose of visit are rarely or ever based on finances. If it were financial reasons that a VO is denying you, they will never state purpose of visit Only as a reason for denial. There is an abundant option relating to finances to be ticked on the white paper without exclusively indicating purpose of visit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
For June or July applicant ??
042viber12:

It's November bro we are all waiting for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by beeesko: 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello friend, let me be more precise hear. I'm 32 years of age and I'm just done with my NYSC, I studies Accounting and I'm looking towards in going for my masters in Canada. I own an event center that generates roughly 15m for me annually plus I own a small house I live in. I current have 10m as my balance which I intend on spending on my studies for the first year at least, I just wanted to know my chances of getting a visa with all I have said so far. Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dinho10(m): 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
Aiit...thank you sir

jnyuwa02:

Honestly you are good to go if you don't have much time to wait for GCMS. Denial based on purpose of visit, GCMS notes will not say anything more than you haven't shown that you would be a genuine student. So your SOP should be tailored to convincing the VO that you would study in good faith if extended the privilege and that you intend to return to Nigeria based on pressing ties home.

Ps: purpose of visit are rarely or ever based on finances. If it were financial reasons that a VO is denying you, they will never state purpose of visit Only as a reason for denial. There is an abundant option relating to finances to be ticked on the white paper without exclusively indicating purpose of visit.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
sleekysoft:
For June or July applicant ??

July
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by beeesko: 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello friend, let me be more precise hear. I'm 32 years of age and I'm just done with my NYSC, I studies Accounting and I'm looking towards in going for my masters in Canada. I own an event center that generates roughly 15m for me annually plus I own a small house I live in. I current have 10m as my balance which I intend on spending on my studies for the first year at least, I just wanted to know my chances of getting a visa with all I have said so far. Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
beeesko:

Do u have all your documents cos it's not just your finances that guarantee u visa approval

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
Am assumin this VOs give Nigeria aplicants responses on Thursdays and fridays. For the past 2 weeks,I observed most responses have been on Thursdays and fridays. So lets see if there will be any response Tomorrow and Friday. Fingers Crossed. Peace
canadabyfire:
CIC....how far na....since yesterday's maintenance....nothing nothing on this forum oooh........was expecting some alleluyahs today ooooh........hmmmm.......hmmmm.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omowunmibaby: 10:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
annmmesoma:

I don't think the HND will be needed because, if you friend is already a registered nurse In his/her own country then he can use it and apply for either bachelor's degree in nursing or specialities In nursing In Canada so I think his only chances might be using his waec certificate to apply to colleges or universities that offer nursing, then studying it from the very beginning. because they won't accept HND from another field of study except nursing

Thank you, she studied microbiology and wants to further her education in nursing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by charlyduru: 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
beeesko:

Your profile sounds nice �
Good home ties I see there with a perfect SOP your there.
As for the funds you will have to get a school to match your budget excluding the 10k cad required to show for living expenses in a year , we have 7m left a 20 k cad school below will be nice for you.
But you will need to show proof that the money will be replenished back.
The school search is the hurdle to pass now ,
Just believe dats all you need.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by charlyduru: 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
Omowunmibaby:
Good morning. Abeg gurus help me. How can my friend study NURSING in Canada using her HND in MICROBIOLOGY. I have searched but am not getting any tangible answer. Please help
She can study nursing , it all depends on which capacity she wants to be it a bachelors , RN , or other diplomas.
The battle is with the requirements of her chosen higher institution. One thing am sure of she would get courses waived for her.
Effective school search is the key , make research peruse online platforms and find the matching program for her.
Don’t hesitate to send mails across to clarify discrepancies. For it is written in the holy book only when you ask shall it be given to you.
Let her cross that hurdle first before thinking Of perfecting an SOP for the VOs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 11:44pm On Oct 17, 2018
Please can I apply for visa with a conditional acceptance letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Thekudi: 12:26am On Oct 18, 2018
Agbons101:
oh okay...got admitted into TRU post baccalaureate diploma for Buisness admin...3 semesters, initially it was CAD 6900 tuition fee (7600 all other starter fees included) but it was increased for winter session to CAD 9,115 because of an additional course...

[aquote author=Thekudi post=72172340]hello am really new to nairaland would have pm you, pls what's the tuition like for the course you are about doing in Thompson rivers studied microbiology but my cgp is crappy, hence getting admission for masters is tough and I want to change career part to marketing or management have 3 years experience in freelance marketing
thank you so much I guess you don't have to write GMAT for the course I supposed? Pls here is my mail let chat better thekudi@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 1:59am On Oct 18, 2018
Josh1996:

Yes you can!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by beeesko: 2:05am On Oct 18, 2018
charlyduru:

Your profile sounds nice �
Good home ties I see there with a perfect SOP your there.
As for the funds you will have to get a school to match your budget excluding the 10k cad required to show for living expenses in a year , we have 7m left a 20 k cad school below will be nice for you.
But you will need to show proof that the money will be replenished back.
The school search is the hurdle to pass now ,
Just believe dats all you need.

Thanks a lot bro, I really appreciate your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 7:00am On Oct 18, 2018
dubaiboy1:

Like Frankrobbn said it's not necessary, but for me it was as I couldn't proceed to next page without uploading it. Just fill, it's just a one page questionnaire with very few questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Uzee24: 8:10am On Oct 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Client Information (required) - Upload your SOP/LOE, degree certificates, transcripts, birth certificates, recommendation letters from past and present employers, NYSC discharge papers, your work ID, your employment letters, resume etc... (every supporting documents should be uploaded in this section).

Gud morning house,

For those who applied online, I will like your input here.

While going through the online application, I discovered that one can upload only one file for each of the document type. For example, the client information allows only one file to be uploaded. Does it then mean that all supporting documents(SOP, scanned certificates, reference letters, etc) have to be merged together?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Aphrikanna: 8:10am On Oct 18, 2018
Please I want to ask, who pays for the research. For example, I'm going for a Msc thesis based course. When its time to do my research, who would foot the bills, me or my supervisor or the school?
Mind you, the research fees are different from tuition fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kriff: 8:26am On Oct 18, 2018
Yes
Uzee24:

Gud morning house,

For those who applied online, I will like your input here.

While going through the online application, I discovered that one can upload only one file for each of the document type. For example, the client information allows only one file to be uploaded. Does it then mean that all supporting documents(SOP, scanned certificates, reference letters, etc) have to be merged together?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 9:19am On Oct 18, 2018
beeesko:

Thanks a lot bro, I really appreciate your response.

Don't rest on your laurels brother. Your age is something you are gonna have to combat seriously with the visa officer about. The period past since last you attended school, otherwise called study gap, is something seriously to be confronted. The visa office would like to know if you would be a genuine student. This is not an easy undertaking. You will be to bring your best game to the drawing table and do more than others who only graduated recently, to stand a chance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 10:05am On Oct 18, 2018
Austinpee4:

I couldn't agree more. Very valid point bro. The GCMS file note is the officer's report on the conclusion of the application and actually not meant to be written as to the applicant. It is for their records and hence will be well detailed than the letter of refusal given to the applicant. Thankfully, applicants can access the GCMS note through the access of information act which eventually would help one prepare better and tackle reason(s) for a previous refusal.

The generic letter of refusal is vague and would not give the full underlying reasons for a refusal.

From an experience here:

Applicant was refused for 1.purpose of visit 2. Travel history 3.All reasons for insufficient funds.

GCMS note: PA had travel to Canada once for visit and overstayed by a single day( reason for purpose of visit and travel history), Source of funds not provided(reason for insufficient funds). The officer doubted the genuineness of funds available.

In this case above, one would think it's the program of study or question why travel history is ticked when there is extensive travel or that funds were not sufficient and would proceed to add more money to the account. The applicant could surmise these without the note and reapply and the application would have resulted to yet another refusal. The GCMS note helped. Reason for overstaying was explained and evidence was included. Business contract execution documents were also included to show how funds were gotten. Reapplication was approved. These and many more are some of the reasons the GCMS note is encouraged.

Thanks for shedding light on this ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iykedpetes(m): 10:39am On Oct 18, 2018
Good morning to the guru in the house, I will need you advice, I graduated from the uni 2015,last 2 year I applied for a diploma course in Australia i was denied ,last year I applied for vacation in the US i was also denied.last month I stop working in a communication firm and I want to apply for a master degree in Canada.my cgp is 3.1 and my account currently is not up 3000 dollars.and I will love to use my uncle as my sponsor his account is very OK..please I will need ur candid advice on what to do thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 10:40am On Oct 18, 2018
Thekudi:
thank you so much I guess you don't have to write GMAT for the course I supposed? Pls here is my mail let chat better thekudi@yahoo.com

yeah GMAT is not needed and also not compulsory to write IELTS before you get admitted but it is mandatory to submit your IELTS score before resuming or write the school english placement exam upon arrival...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ibeli0: 10:52am On Oct 18, 2018
Don't be discouraged your age is not a barrier,get the right course that relates to your career back it up with a sound sop and you are flying.
beeesko:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 10:55am On Oct 18, 2018
Josh1996:

yes you can..but it is more convincing when you apply with an unconditional acceptance letter..unless u have tuition payment receipt..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 18, 2018
CIC sleeping on May, June and July TRV applications. Tragic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56