Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862213 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jm879316: 5:19pm On Apr 15, 2019
makano:
You can apply for ur student visa by simply going to the first page of this thread, read up all the pages from page 1 to this present page coupled with ur personal research on google and the canadian website https://www.canada.ca. After which u can come back here and ask questions if u are not still clear about somethings.. Nobody will teach u ABC here, u need to work on ur self by reading relevant infos.. We do stuffs by ourselves here because we read and got relevant infos so I will advise u do same... So please nobody should come here and ask questions like this unless I will come for you big time.. Am in a good mood today, so please do as I have said.. wish u the best.. Peace
. Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2019
JustMellow:

The tuition deposit receipt should be uploaded in the Proof of funds column whilst the admission letter should be solely uploaded in the acceptance letter column
Thank you so much sir!

One more question sir, Please, how do sign my IMM documents?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
95seun:

What is your highest educational attainment ?
If Bachelor degree, then to my knowledge you would need either your Bsc/BA to be considered for a masters program in an accredited Canadian university.
The process of application itself is straightforward and you should be able to do it on your own, however if you’re insistent on using an agent, you should at least ensure the agent informs you of the school they’re applying to so that you can verify their requirements on your own.

I've Bsc.Ed and i want to apply for master but the person that want to help me request for my Olevel which I've Napteb/Waec. Please do u know any school i can apply to that wont request for Olevel for master degree in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
ahmedio2017:

I've Bsc.Ed and i want to apply for master but the person that want to help me request for my Olevel which I've Napteb/Waec. Please do u know any school i can apply to that wont request for Olevel for master degree in Canada

I’m sorry if this sounds presumptuous but I think it’s an abuse of this forum for you to expect people to do the hard work for you.
If you have done the barest minimum researchwise you should know that you don’t need O levels at all. All you need is your Bsc.Ed.
Also Google is your friend.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
LearnAndObey:

Thank you so much sir!

You don’t need to sign it you’re filling and submitting online.
Here’s an excerpt from a reliable site explaining why you don’t need to in an online application.

“In order to submit any application form online to IRCC, you obviously need to 'sign' it. But though it is possible to "sign" many pdfs nowadays, IRCC hasn't quite caught up to that standard yet. (Though, based on the constant changes to this site, they are moving in this direction and we may see that any day.)
For the main application your signature is taken another way: When you create a profile on canada.ca (or GCKey on any federal government website) you must both create a profile and agree to the terms and conditions. This is a roundabout way of taking your consent - the creation of the profile and agreeing to the various steps of the process is taken as a proxy for your signature.”

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tjkeyzzz: 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2019
95seun:

You should immediately apply for your GCMS note. It takes on average 30 days, but I’ve had and read instances where it took longer to receive it. The point of the GCMS note is to provide you with the actual notes the visa officer made while reviewing your application, these notes also provide a clearer non template reason for the refusal.
In the meantime, you might want to provide the exact documents you submitted so people on here could make suggestions on how to make the application stronger, you should also work on improving your SOP and start drafting your LOE.
If I were to take a wild guess, I would assume your SOP wasn’t convincing enough. If you don’t mind sharing there are numerous people on this forum who would be happy to review your SOP to gauge it’s strength and weakness in order to advise you on how to move forward.

Thank you bro
Please how do i get the gcms note please, I tried searching the net they said I must have someone In the country to order it for me

About my documents
I submitted
My admission letter to brandon university
Police report
Soa of 13mill
My mum CAC
Sop,my major points are am coming back to take over my mum business
My waec result 2013
An employment letter signed by my mum
Landed property
No upfront medical
That's all..

Was refused based on purpose of visit and home ties

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tjkeyzzz: 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2019
95seun:

You should immediately apply for your GCMS note. It takes on average 30 days, but I’ve had and read instances where it took longer to receive it. The point of the GCMS note is to provide you with the actual notes the visa officer made while reviewing your application, these notes also provide a clearer non template reason for the refusal.
In the meantime, you might want to provide the exact documents you submitted so people on here could make suggestions on how to make the application stronger, you should also work on improving your SOP and start drafting your LOE.
If I were to take a wild guess, I would assume your SOP wasn’t convincing enough. If you don’t mind sharing there are numerous people on this forum who would be happy to review your SOP to gauge it’s strength and weakness in order to advise you on how to move forward.

Thank you bro
Please how do i get the gcms note please, I tried searching the net they said I must have someone In the country to order it for me

About my documents
I submitted
My admission letter to brandon university
Police report
Soa of 13mill
My mum CAC
Sop,my major points are am coming back to take over my mum business
My waec result 2013
An employment letter signed by my mum
Landed property
No upfront medical
That's all..

Was refused based on purpose of visit and home ties

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2019
lambsbread:

Thanks bro. So do you mean when I'm applying for visa, I can use the sponsor's statement of account and not mine?

This can take the forms of:

1. If the sponsor is either of your parent, and you IS not gainfully employed - There would be no need including your BS or a choice to include it.

2. If the sponsor is either of your parent, and you IS gainfully employed - There might be vital need to include your BS.

3. If the sponsor is a third party whether you IS gainfully employed or not - There would be need to include your BS or other means of proof of funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2019
RonKenoly:

Thanks.

-Finished school 2016, done with NYSC last year April.

-Was home close to year before going for service, during that period I pick some IT related work experience. Yet to get job after service though. So no experience post NYSC.

- Not sure what you meant by study gap, but I stay at home for a year before securing admission.

- Would the transfer of the deed of another building own by Dad be sufficient?

.....i honestly think you should tackle the situation one at a time :
First, do you have the scholarship admission already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
Bracha:
I just checked my certificates, three have ABC, one has BCA and I used them like that. I suggested the affidavit because your was scattered almost completely and also because you seem to be worried about the scattering. Left to me, I'll say no need for affidavit or change of name because all the names - ABC - even in their different arrangements appear in all the documents, to me, that's all that matters.

....thanks Bracha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2019
JustMellow:

Get an affidavit with the relative details of each certificate followed by an acknowledgement of the reflecting names as your legal identification.
....thanks justmellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Timothyphillips: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
2roodi:

I had the same issue. What I did was swear an affidavit stating that all names belong to one and the same person and that I now wish to be addressed as........(as it is on my Int’l passport and birth certificate)

.....thanks 2roodi...
Please how did you go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
95seun:

You don’t need to sign it you’re filling and submitting online.
Here’s an excerpt from a reliable site explaining why you don’t need to in an online application.

“In order to submit any application form online to IRCC, you obviously need to 'sign' it. But though it is possible to "sign" many pdfs nowadays, IRCC hasn't quite caught up to that standard yet. (Though, based on the constant changes to this site, they are moving in this direction and we may see that any day.)
For the main application your signature is taken another way: When you create a profile on canada.ca (or GCKey on any federal government website) you must both create a profile and agree to the terms and conditions. This is a roundabout way of taking your consent - the creation of the profile and agreeing to the various steps of the process is taken as a proxy for your signature.”
Thank you so much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kennykolabo: 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2019
95seun:

Sorry but I think you’re overthinking the application process �
You said your parents have filled all the necessary checklist forms, so they’ve saved themselves considerable time and money they would otherwise have spent printing forms or getting assistance at the VAC.
The essential thing to know is to get to the VAC early, last time I went last year I think you needed an appointment but they can bypass that if they get there early.
They also need to have the money in cash for submission,biometrics and other miscellaneous things (photocopy, taking passport picture etc). Someone might be able to assist with the current rate but I would advise they take 5-10k extra for any additional cost.
I think that should be all.
They don’t need to worry about arranging the forms, the officers at the VAC would help you arrange and cross check the documents.

Good luck to your parents tomorrow.

Thanks so much bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wolex2090: 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
Good evening all,please I seriously need answers.can I use my sponsors micro finance accounts statement for school admission processing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
LearnAndObey:

Thank you so much sir!

you don't need to append a signature

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wolex2090: 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2019
DMerciful:
Anybody going to Vancouver here?
Also anyone travelling through Ethiopian airline on the 17th April?
Holla me

Please,is it adviceable to use a statement of account from a micro finance bank as a sponsor SOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 7:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
wolex2090:
Good evening all,please I seriously need answers.can I use my sponsors micro finance accounts statement for school admission processing?

It can serve but using it for SP processing won't be best. What school you applying to, Dalhousie??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by wolex2090: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2019
JustMellow:

It can serve but using it for SP processing won't be best. What school you applying to, Dalhousie??

Sorry am new on this thread,what is SP processing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
wolex2090:

Sorry am new on this thread,what is SP processing?

Am sorry, study permit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2019
Austacus:

Okay bro
I will reply you now
Please send the Gcms to me.
Bless you

Bro, Thank you for responses and advices .

God bless you.
I'll give you update by tomorrow sir .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by guzenaira: 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
[quote author=Tjkeyzzz post=77567675]

I ponder on your application but I wonder why home tie when your mum is sponsoring you?

Although the study gap is huge anyway but then it should have been straight forward application because your sponsor is your mum.

Nevertheless, purpose of visit comes in so many ways but then order your gcsm file ASAP to know what really when wrong.

But pls ponder on this questions;
What’s your age bracket?
Is there correlation in what you do in your mums company and the course you are going for?

All said, order for your case file.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
Please house is it compulsory to submit O' level and birth certificate by PhD candidate that is applying for sturdy permit?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
Please house is it compulsory to submit O' level and birth certificate by PhD candidate that is applying for sturdy permit?
Also are other ways to update or upload documents that were omitted please.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
1. Its not compulsory to submit ur O'levels since u are going for PHD, ur Masters Certificate will do.. Birth certificate is necessary but not compulsory.
2. Yes u can upload omitted through the webform..
Goodluck
Anamekele:
Also are other ways to update or upload documents that were omitted please.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 8:01pm On Apr 15, 2019
makano:
1. Its not compulsory to submit ur O'levels since u are going for PHD, ur Masters Certificate will do.. Birth certificate is necessary but not compulsory.
2. Yes u can upload omitted through the webform..
Goodluck

Thank you very much
Please how can get the webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
olamidemessi:

Bro, Thank you for responses and advices .

God bless you.
I'll give you update by tomorrow sir .

You Nah correct guy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 8:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
U dont get Webform, u visit it.. here is it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp click on it and follow the instructions as it relates to you.. Goodluck
Anamekele:

Thank you very much
Please how can get the webform

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2019
JustMellow:

you don't need to append a signature

Thank you sir!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 8:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
Pls can sponsor which is dad, use his RSA( retired savings account) as proof of funds...10m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Julyan(m): 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hello everyone, I feel good to be here. Please I want to make some inquiries about studying in Canada. I plan to have my Master's program in International Relations in a Canadian university. Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap university for my desired program?

Thanks for your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2019
gatsbym4:
Pls can sponsor which is dad, use his RSA( retired savings account) as proof of funds...10m

Retirement savings Like his life savings to sponsor you in a money hugry country like Canada. The living expense yearly is almost 3mill/yearly. My advice get a co-sponsor. If you have an Impressive cgpa seek funding from a university.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.