Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,434 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (860405 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by leyeg: 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
Sammy1210:
Hello everyone. Pls, if anyone applied to Concordia University or any University in Quebec, pls contact me. I need to ask questions pertaining to Certificate of acceptance for Quebec. Thank you

Kindly ask your questions...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2019
Hello TRV hopefuls,

As anyone who applied between February and March this year received medical examination request letter? I submitted my biometric information since March and still no medical request yet.. .. Anyone has any info? @Qudkom any info?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
zsuby:
Hello TRV hopefuls,

As anyone who applied between February and March this year received medical examination request letter? I submitted my biometric information since March and still no medical request yet.. .. Anyone has any info? @Qudkom any info?

March wat...your application is bearly one money old...chillax
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by asenguah7: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
sleekysoft:
Dear Fellow TRV ( Study permit applicant)
Calvary greetings to you!! I hope this post meets you well. its with great pleasure i congratulates fellow comrade 042viber and Austacus.. I bring glad tidings from the land of Maple..Well environment is cold, the sun is just like bulb( let’s not say sun no come out) temperature shuttling btw -5oC and 5oC.
I must say Canada is a beautiful land with awesome and friendly people.. Great environment and all but this is a small heads up to future applicant on various issues
1) culture - here is so amazing that it’s free, no one cares about how rich or poor you are , your designers etc.. even your dressing except for works that require it. Over here there is nothing like Brother or Sister, or sit etc address everyone by first name. I even call my grandpa age mate buddy( very friendly people). Tattoos and earring are part of culture( I wear earrings to school and work) my boss has a tattoo and co workers etc

2) Work and School- if you think it will be easy to work and school, my beloved abeg no think am oo.. Ad I write this I am about to start an 8 hour shift. Kindly find attach image of my shift schedule( no wonder people wey enter Canada hardly have time ) with the weather you will be amazed how 24 hours ain’t enough. so if you haven’t paid your first year or semester tuition fee please think it twice.. ( Work don almost kill me) Mind you no work in Canada requires sitting apart from office and before you can get that you would have reached a certain level .. Even employers will tell you school comes first you have 20hrs during school and 40Hrs during breaks ( put in mind you can’t get complete hours as you just take breaks which you won’t be paid for ) ..

3) Security - I can tell you here is one of the most secure countries of the world, I can’t remember the last time house door was locked.. No one will still your property..

4) Privacy- People respect privacy so much here I never see am before .. if you are sharing apartment with people trust me.. your space and privacy will be respected
I am sorry if I haven’t reached out to anyone abeg I Dey hustle for money for rent as here bills na killer from rent , to utility to internet..

PS-IS ANYONE COMING TO MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY THIS SPRING? I Dey find roommate ..Also, I will advise does coming Fall to avoid Toronto Airport if you have other alternative, Go through Montreal and other.. So you won’t be left hanging etc

On that note I say I love you all

Just got a 30 mins break

With love
Sleekysoft

Please I need your help concerning my application to MUN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
grin I thought the medical request thing shouldn't take that long... .this Canada visa na waya o

042viber12:

March wat...your application is bearly one money old...chillax
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 2:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
zsuby:
Hello TRV hopefuls,

Lol calm your nerves you just submitted.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
zsuby:
grin I thought the medical request thing shouldn't take that long... .this Canada visa na waya o

OMG...are u just joining this thread...lolz...I dat waited for 8months b4 I got a medical request...Wat would u say?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Oni2019:

Thank you.

No medical yet. Do you think I should do medical while waiting for their response?
No be patient. Chill to the last week of the month and send a subtle message via webform asking for an update on your application. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
I dont have answers to ur questions tho (Am a July 2018 applicant) but I have an advise for you, and the advise is that u will need to have a "long bit" of patience and have a thick skin in this canada visa tingy, so u wont give ursef High BP.. U are still a baby applicant, so just chill... Urs (FEB AND MARCH APPLICANTS) may not be like Ours (MAY/JUNE/JULY 2018 applicants) so Its possible u get ur medical request dis month tho, so dont get me wrong.. But I will advise u must have PATIENCE in this Canadian race.. Peace
zsuby:
Hello TRV hopefuls,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2019
042viber12:

OMG...are u just joining this thread...lolz...I dat waited for 8months b4 I got a medical request...Wat would u say?

8 months! That's crazy
Thank God you have received it now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zsuby: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
makano:
I dont have answers to ur questions tho (Am a July 2018 applicant) but I have an advise for you, and the advise is that u will need to have a "long bit" of patience and have a thick skin in this canada visa tingy, so u wont give ursef High BP.. U are still a baby applicant, so just chill... Urs (FEB AND MARCH APPLICANTS) may not be like Ours (MAY/JUNE/JULY 2018 applicants) so Its possible u get ur medical request dis month tho, so dont get me wrong.. But I will advise u must have PATIENCE in this Canadian race.. Peace

Thanks boss.

I just pray make the thing come in quick as I no fit defer my admission unless I apply again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dreamland24: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good day Ma/sir,
Please I wish to apply for a program (Alternative Energy Technology) in NAIT with my Bachelor Degree Certificate in Civil Engineering, second upper division. Will my application be considered? Thanks for your kind and quick response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dreamland24: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
Go to neco office is not expensive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dreamland24: 3:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
I two sittings in WAEC and don’t know if NAIT will accept my application. This is why I want to us Degree Certificate. I have BSc. in civil engineering
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hardeholar1(m): 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
For your program this is the requirement
Entrance Requirements
Grade 12 English
Pure Math 30 or Math 30-1
Chemistry 20
Physics 20
It didnt request for a bachelor certificate, give them what they request
For grade conversation consult Google, to know what your scores is equivalent to Canada education grade point
And for two sitting NAIT uses the result with the highest score point, so out of your two sitting which one is very strong
But you can risk it by sending the two results there is no harm in trying
dreamland24:
Good day Ma/sir,
Please I wish to apply for a program (Alternative Energy Technology) in NAIT with my Bachelor Degree Certificate in Civil Engineering, second upper division. Will my application be considered? Thanks for your kind and quick response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
Some do request o level, mine did.
95seun:

I’m sorry if this sounds presumptuous but I think it’s an abuse of this forum for you to expect people to do the hard work for you.
If you have done the barest minimum researchwise you should know that you don’t need O levels at all. All you need is your Bsc.Ed.
Also Google is your friend.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Sammy1210: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
I want to ask about how to go about applying and sending documents for Quebec certificate of acceptance. I got admitted into Concordia University Montreal
leyeg:

Kindly ask your questions...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by leyeg: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
Sammy1210:
I want to ask about how to go about applying and sending documents for Quebec certificate of acceptance. I got admitted into Concordia University Montreal

Congratulations on your admission.

Kindly visit
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/electronic-services/caq-electronic/index.html

You will navigate to begin new application. It about 7-8 steps application. The process is well explanatory and straight forward. Ensure you take your time to supply the right information.

At the end of the application, you will have to pay a non refundable fee of 114 Canadian Dollar. Once the payment has been confirmed (kindly pay online using your ATM, confirmation is done instantly with that). Following this, you will print the document sent to you by mail after the confirmation. This document contains a checklist. Ensure you attached the document on the checklist ( Admission Letter, Passport Biodata Page, Confirmation of registration signed by you etc). Once this has been done, you can then send the document by post to the address on the registration confirmation document that you printed..

Normally, you should receive response within 18-22 working days after they might have received your document.

Ensure you use FedEx to post the document, it faster though it comes with a higher charge...about 17500.

Success.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nalizzzy: 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
Bracha:
Nalizzzy If she removes the fixed deposit account, how much would she be submitting in her Statement of Account (SOA)? If it's just the 50K, I'll advise she waits till the fixed deposit matures to apply or look for someone else with much better SOA to sponsor her.

thankz dear. I dnt even know again. but will tell her what you guys said
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
I don't think it matters where the statement is from, what matters is that the money is available and will be easily accessible if needed.
Wolex2090

DMerciful:
I'm not sure about this. Why not move to main banks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
Cheap schoos: use Google.
How to go about it: use Google or start from page 14 of this nairaland topic.
Schools to apply and requirements: use Google.
Cost of everything: also use Google, also when you get the school you can ask them how much their tuition will cost.
- It's possible to pay when you get to Canada; some schools want you to pay before resumption.
- It is possible to apply now for visa and be in Canada this year. Get the school's admission first, that's what is more important.

ahmedio2017:
Cheap schools to apply for in Canada for my master and how do i go about it please i need your guidelines as i know nothing about it,some agents r just promising me heaven n earth pls help me out o
Which school do i apply for and there requirements?
How much will everything cost me and is it possible for me to pay for school when i reach Canada or is a must to pay before leaving ?
Is it possible for me to apply now n be in Canada this year .
Pls help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
Is your application new and when does your school resume?

zsuby:
Hello TRV hopefuls,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
hi guys, it's been a while...wishing all success in his/her visa application and for those coming to Canada soon safe journey. if you are coming to TRU ready come oo. British Columbia like money pass anything but one of the best places to be in the summer!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Agbons101: 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2019
TRU.. Thompson Rivers Uni, sorry for the really late reply.
lynniebabes:
Hey hey! What school did you apply to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
While some people have had to wait longer for their medical request, some haven't had to.
If you don't have any answer, would be nicer to move along.
Using your application as an example, you got your medical request in about a month; would you have said this if it was you?
It's totally okay for people to worry (if they haven't gotten feedback) without them feeling like it's some competition with statements like this and others!
You lot need to understand that many times, people come here to talk about their application to seek support, not to hear they are baby applicants, after all some applications don't spend up to 6 weeks and they are approved!

PS: This not a personal attack, just quoting this as an example. Welldone for all the good work.

Qudkom:

Lol calm your nerves you just submitted.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kenraj(m): 5:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
Awuuga:
Is your wife in Russia with you?

The area you’d need to tackle is home ties, if your family is in Russia as well then that might pose a challenge.

Another option is to come back to Nigeria and apply from here, if you can. The odds would be higher that way.

Good luck.

She is in Nigeria with my 2 kids. I am the the only one in Russia.

Thanks for your prompt response, GOD bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kenraj(m): 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
Engr2000:

Guy,

If you or your wife have prior work experience, please go through express entry and get your PR straight from here. That is what I did anyway and my COPR is already in the bag.

Meanwhile search through Nairaland for the thread and learn more.

Only my wife has work experience.

Thanks for your input!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 5:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
Canada’s Prime Minister begs Nigeria President for one million immigrants
By newsonline - April 14, 2019
Please house how authentic is this news and who else saw it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
I agree with you. I don't think its nice for people to indirectly imply that a candidate shouldn't be worried because their application has not reached up to 8 months. People have valid reasons to be worried even though their application is "relatively new", let's just encourage one another. This thing is not easy.

AAO7:
While some people have had to wait longer for their medical request, some haven't had to.
If you don't have any answer, would be nicer to move along.
Using your application as an example, you got your medical request in about a month; would you have said this if it was you?
It's totally okay for people to worry (if they haven't gotten feedback) without them feeling like it's some competition with statements like this and others!
You lot need to understand that many times, people come here to talk about their application to seek support, not to hear they are baby applicants, after all some applications don't spend up to 6 weeks and they are approved!

PS: This not a personal attack, just quoting this as an example. Welldone for all the good work.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.