Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862273 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmanuel90(m): 12:39am On Apr 20, 2019
Toheebbello:
Hi, I'm new here, just sent you a mail now too. I would love to have a chat with you. I should be coming to the University of Regina by Fall, hopefully. I would appreciate it if you can put me through the steps.
Thabks a lot!

Hi toheeb, did you just apply.
I just did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mijac: 3:08am On Apr 20, 2019
asenguah7:

Yes bro..
It did
Thank you very much
How long was the application processed before getting your admission

Applied Feb 1, offer letter April 12.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Toheebbello: 6:55am On Apr 20, 2019
emmanuel90:

Hi toheeb, did you just apply.
I just did.

I applied in November 2018, but you know the processes for U of R is plenty, I just did the WES stuff now, so I'm still waiting, what session did you apply to? Winter 2020?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by purebliss(f): 7:06am On Apr 20, 2019
hello goodmorning house, please am female and want to apply for master study in canada this year. i have study this thread and will like to meet someone who has applied to canada or someone who is currently on the application process to please give me guidelines and directions. thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2019
purebliss:
hello goodmorning house, please am female and want to apply for master study in canada this year. i have study this thread and will like to meet someone who has applied to canada or someone who is currently on the application process to please give me guidelines and directions. thank you.
most of us are on the application process or have not started yet (me for instance)
Just read from the beginning of the thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 8:32am On Apr 20, 2019
sleekysoft:
Boss how ON, NL Dey here lowkey!! Abeg I go like connect ..
this issue of SP conditions many people dey here dey suffer am .. bros here in Canada is way diff from 9ja.. working and school no easy at all oo..
see I still get work in 3 hours time I say make I rest.. if. Or for one Canadian friend who drives me around
This Canadian culture mad gan, government pays you to have kids and stay jobless if you be citizen or Pr

Ontario dey fine, exams period. PM sent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Madupcy: 8:42am On Apr 20, 2019
purebliss:

Hello, I just got admission into University of Lethbridge, Alberta and I’m currently getting the necessary documents to apply for a study permit.. I’ll will be glad to help in any little way I can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by purebliss(f): 9:00am On Apr 20, 2019
please i need assistant
deebee23:

Congrats on your approval!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by purebliss(f): 9:04am On Apr 20, 2019
hello dear, please can you put me through on my own application.thanks.
mulikky:
Approval/passport request alert. Thank God and wish other hopefuls best of luck
I owe @qudkom a lot of gratitude for his prompt support and attention. It seems you are a
VO in our midst.
Reapplied _22nd Feb 2019 (online)
Resumption _ May 2019
Biometric _N/A
Medical upfront _ updated 23 March 2019 (I was not notified but I just just saw it in my CIC a/c)
Approval _18th April 2019(after sending mail and filling web form to request for an update because the resumption is in 3 weeks and I uploaded the schedule of the courses I had registered for)
Prayers work in many ways. Keep knocking brethren, the door will soon open
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by teejay2018: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2019
Henkubert:
AFTER 11 MONTHS.....Passport request drop
MEDICAL REQUEST WAS IN AUGUST 2018
PASSPORT REQUEST DROP APRIL 17 2019

I SAY BIG THANKS TO Austacus for your assistance.
Big thanks to you all.

Congratulations Henkubert.
This is a big win!!!

Man like Austacus...... I see you bro. You surely paved a way.
Makano, 042viber.... I'm waiting for your wins too.
It will all end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Omonoba1981(f): 9:40am On Apr 20, 2019
My application was since 15th July 2018. My brother just reminded the MP and below is the response from him

makano:
Man like Austacus... Am so much happy for you bro, Its doing me assif its my Visa.. Its good to know God has not forgotten we May /June and July applicants.. Your testimony has actually raised my hope once again, so thank you for this great testimony and its a privilege being part of ur success story.. But meanwhile tell us the secret na, make we self do am so we fit get our visa too... grin grin Congrats once again Austacus, go make us proud in Canny, we go join you soon by Gods grace.. Peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deebee23: 10:03am On Apr 20, 2019
purebliss:
please i need assistant

On what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by esefrancis: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2019
God bless you all. Please I need information . I want to submit through paper route. I have all my documents ready. How do I go about booking the appointment and also paying the visa fees. I was refused last year do I still need a biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by msmodi: 11:55am On Apr 20, 2019
Morning bro. Kindly check your pm. Very urgent.

Naijaforeigner:

Ontario dey fine, exams period. PM sent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
Please how important is ielt test, pls is it necessary n again will it stop me from gaining admission if i don't do it? Pls help me out

Expert in the house pls come to my aid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2019
ahmedio2017:
Please how important is ielt test, pls is it necessary n again will it stop me from gaining admission if i don't do it? Pls help me out

Expert in the house pls come to my aid
Depends on the program you are vying for. Most msc programs demand it. If it's a diploma program then it is usually not requested. Do your self a favour and also check the admission requirements for the program you choose.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
Qudkom:

Depends on the program you are vying for. Most msc programs demand it. If it's a diploma program then it is usually not requested. Do your self a favour and also check the admission requirements for the program you choose.

Thanks sir, i think diploma will be best option but my olevel result is WAEC/NAPTEB hope I've chance to gain admission with that combination
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
ahmedio2017:

Thanks sir, i think diploma will be best option but my olevel result is WAEC/NAPTEB hope I've chance to gain admission with that combination
WAEC is enough, original waec certificate. Wait are you vying for a post graduate program? And are we talking about diploma or Advanc diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2019
The win will surely come, Tnks bro....
teejay2018:

Congratulations Henkubert.
This is a big win!!!

Man like Austacus...... I see you bro. You surely paved a way.
Makano, 042viber.... I'm waiting for your wins too.
It will all end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by haaryobhami: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2019
i am currently serving in nigeria (am a law student but decided not to go law school tho).
i wanna apply for school in canada after my nysc nd i wanna do a commercial course,am thinking between economics or business administration (you guys can sugguest another better commercial course tho for me)i really need advice on d course dat is preferable in canada cause i intend to base there.
i also plan to do ICT training b4 i go (which one do u guys think i should learn)
i have a cousin there already nd another has already gained admission nd would be goin by September (university of regina)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
Qudkom:

WAEC is enough, original waec certificate. Wait are you vying for a post graduate program? And are we talking about diploma or Advanc diploma?

I have D7 in English language in my WAEC certificate that's y
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
Qudkom:

Diploma,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by haaryobhami: 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2019
Qudkom:

Theoretically you need to show proof you can meet the expenses over one calender year; 12months. 3mill statement of account from your dad seems a little off. I'll suggest paying the full tuition for a year and maybe show proof of your living expenses for a year. Your dads dependents matters when he provides his financial portfolio. There is definitely more to It but this should give you an idea of what to do.
wow 3million,thought its 10m or 15m oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2019
ahmedio2017:

Diploma,
What's your highest qualification?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2019
haaryobhami:

wow 3million,thought its 10m or 15m oh
We are saying the same thing bro. I said 3mill is a little bit off!.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by toysleek(f): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2019
chibertha:

You can ask your department for an official fee schedule it is a document that contains your tuition and board.
As for the 2k you paid you can download your receipt anytime from your student portal.
you can get there by going into memorial self-service,
navigate like so
student main menu,
financial information,
view credit card payment then click on the transaction number to get your full receipts.
I can see you are talking about MUN

Hi Chiberta..Pls at what point did you pay the 2k?.I just submitted my Accept/decline form and no mention of tuition deposit..Or is it peculiar to some departments?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:44pm On Apr 20, 2019
haaryobhami:
i am currently serving in nigeria (am a law student but decided not to go law school tho).
i wanna apply for school in canada after my nysc nd i wanna do a commercial course,am thinking between economics or business administration (you guys can sugguest another better commercial course tho for me)i really need advice on d course dat is preferable in canada cause i intend to base there.
i also plan to do ICT training b4 i go (which one do u guys think i should learn)
i have a cousin there already nd another has already gained admission nd would be goin by September (university of regina)

Hi, please it is important for you to follow a clear career path most especially education wise in Canada. Now a VO will need to understand why someone fresh out of university would like to switch to a social science/commercial program?( Thats major ground for rejection based on "Purpose of Visit"wink I will therefore suggest you show a subtle progression in your potential academic program. Lastly, you are fresh out of uni and all you still need to be careful about rejection based on "Personal asset and finance". All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2019
esefrancis:
God bless you all. Please I need information . I want to submit through paper route. I have all my documents ready. How do I go about booking the appointment and also paying the visa fees. I was refused last year do I still need a biometrics?
You can book online via the vfs website. But ideally, you can go there early. The staffs there will put you through. Also, download and fill the imm forms. If you got a biometric validity correspondence then you don't need to do biometrics again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by haaryobhami: 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
Qudkom:

Hi, please it is important for you to follow a clear career path most especially education wise in Canada. Now a VO will need to understand why someone fresh out of university would like to switch to a social science/commercial program?( Thats major ground for rejection based on "Purpose of Visit"wink I will therefore suggest you show a subtle progression in your potential academic program. Lastly, you are fresh out of uni and all you still need to be careful about rejection based on "Personal asset and finance". All the best.
thnx for d advice sir but i have my own reasons.
my cousin also a law graduate in nigeria applied for business admin nd he has already got admission tho(university of regina)..
i appreciate ur advice though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by haaryobhami: 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
Qudkom:

We are saying the same thing bro. I said 3mill is a little bit off!.

yeah 10million at least
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ahmedio2017(m): 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2019
Qudkom:

What's your highest qualification?

Bsc,,,,,,

Y are you not saying anything boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 7:03pm On Apr 20, 2019
Hello Gurus in the house. Please I need your candid advice. My study permit was refused last week. This is the second refusal. I realized useful info on this platform after I have applied. I had B.Sc. Economics 2.2. In my first application I applied diploma in business in Saskatchewan poly. It was refused based on Purpose of visit and travel experience. For the second (recent ) application I applied for diploma in fashion techniques and design in George Brown College. Reason for denial was purpose of visit. V. O said he didn't see prospect of the course in my country of residence after study.

From What I realized on this platform, Progression and consistent in study are very important probably I would have gone for Post graduate diploma in economics.
My question is
1. Should I apply for Post graduate diploma in economics since I can't get a master degree with my 2.2?
2. Changing courses for the 3rd time, wont this seem desperate and a red flag?
3. Should I forget applying for study permit in Canada as I have changed my course 2 times and this might already set a red flag to future applications irrespective of my eligibility and how good I Package my application?

Please I strongly rely on your responses as most info on this platform are helpful and genuine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.