Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (860534 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dyout: 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2018
Thank you Very much. i appreciate.

Lagos2canna:

Download the latest version on cic website, make sure you update your Adobe and also make the Adobe as your default.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2018
sleekysoft:
Reliable source

Has yours started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2018
Which of them ?
042viber12:

Has yours started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2018
sleekysoft:
Which of them ?

Eligibility review
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2018
Since A

042viber12:

Eligibility review
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2018
If 10 PHD candidate apply, 9 will be Approved

technix:
APPROVAL ALERT!
Application Submitted: August 24, Paper Route
Program: PhD, McGill
Medical Request: September 28
Medical Done: October 2
Medical Passed: October 9
Approval: October 17

I submitted LOE to explain why I chose the program and Canada, the source of funding, family ties, and my willingness to come back to Nigeria.

N.B: (1) I intentionally did not submit police report since I have read of approvals without it, and I believe CIC will request for it if they need it
(2) I only submitted the funding letter from my supervisor which covers tuition and living expense. I did not submit any personal account details

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by michaelogunleye(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2018
Please is there anyone with info on obtaining Canadian permanent visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2018
Jummy902:

Well, I did paper application and when I tracked it I did not see anything like medicals passed. I just saw my passport is ready for collection.

And your visa was granted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kylexy61(m): 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2018
Jeandji:
Hello all,

My Visa was approved last week and I received a correspondence letter this morning and a counterfoil yesterday.

I will like to make some clarifications on the correspondence letter. I have submitted my passport for the visa but I haven't gone to collect it back.

1) the expiry date on the counterfoil and correspondence letter reads 30/11/2019. Is this the same duration that will be stamped on my passport? I am starting my program in Jan 2019 and the duration of study exceeds this date.

2) the correspondence letter also reads that I will be issued study permit at the border. What is the difference between the study permit and the Visa I was issued?

3) the correspondence letter also reads I have to be in Canada before 30/11/2019. What happens after this date? Even if I am in Canada. Do I have to start applying for visa again?

Pls someone should enlighten me on this as it's really bothering me.

Thank You

If your passport will expire in 2021, then your study permit to be issued will also expire in 2021. The difference between the study permit and the Visa is that the Visa simply allows you enter and leave the borders of Canada. The study permit is what actually allows you to enroll and study in an educational institution in Canada.

That being said, if your visa expires in 2019 and your study permit is still valid, you'll still be eligible to continue studying. But you will not be able to travel outside Canada (such as during vacations. Because you won't be able to return to Canada on an expired Visa).

If you want to travel, you'll have to apply for visa renewal when it expires, which wouldn't be difficult at all.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kylexy61(m): 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2018
michaelogunleye:
Please is there anyone with info on obtaining Canadian permanent visa

You can visit this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by segtak25: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2018
kylexy61:

If your passport will expire in 2021, then your study permit to be issued will also expire in 2021. The difference between the study permit and the Visa is that the Visa simply allows you enter and leave the borders of Canada. The study permit is what actually allows you to enroll and study in an educational institution in Canada.

That being said, if your visa expires in 2019 and your study permit is still valid, you'll still be eligible to continue studying. But you will not be able to travel outside Canada (such as during vacations. Because you won't be able to return to Canada on an expired Visa).

If you want to travel, you'll have to apply for visa renewal when it expires, which wouldn't be difficult at all.
That's good.
Does it means that if he travels to Canada now, he can come back for holiday and return back before November, 2019?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kylexy61(m): 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
segtak25:

That's good.
Does it means that if he travels to Canada now, he can come back for holiday and return back before November, 201?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2018
kylexy61:

I love the sound of dat
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jummy902(f): 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2018
Agbons101:

is it not linked to your online profile? . ..if it is then check your profile , view application status and check all the steps from biometrics to medicals...etc..wish u all the best

I did paper application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jeandji: 7:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
kylexy61:

Thank You. God bless you. This is so much explanatory!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jeandji: 7:12pm On Oct 20, 2018
segtak25:

That's good.
Does it means that if he travels to Canada now, he can come back for holiday and return back before November, 2019?

Yes, according to what he explained. After November 2019, I will have to apply for a renewal of my visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2018
Congrats to your cousin, I am next on line to testify
Agbons101:
Just giving heads up on a very fast application approval...my cousin's application, submitted online application October 9th, biometrics 12th, passport request 19th...undergraduate though...and he wasnt sure because mine took about 3months.so its never too late to get a TRV...dnt compare your application with someone else's own, for those expecting an approval lateness is not denial, be positive and steadfast in your prayers!...wish you guys the best!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2018
Congrats in advance
Jummy902:

Well, I did paper application and when I tracked it I did not see anything like medicals passed. I just saw my passport is ready for collection.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2018
Congrats technix
technix:
APPROVAL ALERT!

I submitted LOE to explain why I chose the program and Canada, the source of funding, family ties, and my willingness to come back to Nigeria.

N.B: (1) I intentionally did not submit police report since I have read of approvals without it, and I believe CIC will request for it if they need it
(2) I only submitted the funding letter from my supervisor which covers tuition and living expense. I did not submit any personal account details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tosan28: 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2018
wealth360:
I still wonder why people so called experience gurus here will still be advicing others not to apply for GCMS note. From experience applying for GCMS note really make sense, it's just 30days to know what exactly went wrong and to know the mind of the VO. It is encouraging from my perspective. GCMS note is not generic. It helps alot. Good job everyone. @ Frankrobben, brother I wish you the best and other hopeful applicants. Mapleland awaits you guys

30 working days or just 30 days? Waiting for mine ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
technix:
APPROVAL ALERT!

Good for you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2018
kylexy61:

Really? I didn't know this!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2018
Another Maintenance next Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2018
Congrats.

APPROVAL ALERT!

(2) I only submitted the funding letter from my supervisor which covers tuition and living expense. I did not submit any personal account details[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
Jeandji:
Hello all,

My Visa was approved last week and I received a correspondence letter this morning and a counterfoil yesterday.

Please what is counterfoil? I used to think it was the visa label which they stick in the passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jummy902(f): 1:27am On Oct 21, 2018
Ezriela:
Congrats in advance

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2018
I have done my ND in Business Administration and applied and got admission at for Business mgt in canada. I sent the school my transcript and ND result. Will this affect my chances of getting a TRV? what do i tell the VO is my reason for this. Thanks. Am submitting tomorrow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2018
Mudicua:
Congrats.

APPROVAL ALERT!

Please can you edit and send me you LOE? Please i need it to draft mine. Chukwuemekaegereonu@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kinfinity007: 8:56am On Oct 21, 2018
sleekysoft:
I think advise to people is to hurry up and start submitting app, this is like the best time
God's time is the best!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jinyeid: 9:14am On Oct 21, 2018
Hi all, I kinda have a different question here;

I have a TRV already (had my baby there wink ) and went twice to Canada in the last 2 years.

Now I want to get a study permit and start a 2 years PGD in Ontario, but I can't find something that fit my case on the CIC website as it only deals with new applicants for TRV or SV!

Any idea what should I do?

Also, where can I find the cheapest, yet recognized colleges to get my PGD? And if anyone knows what can I do with my 2 years old Canadian son while studying? Nurseries/Day Care are free for Canadians? If not, any idea about prices?

Sorry for too many questions and thanks in advance cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by lummy11: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2018
Good morning house
I am about submitting my 2nd application, on my imm124 form previously submitted I didn’t input the correct month I finished my primary secondary and university education but the year was correct in my previous application.can I correct that now on imm1294 before submitting
Thanks for the help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by thompson1510(m): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2018
My Ogas in the house, I am about to apply online for my Visa but my sponsor printed his statement of account like a week ago, I hope I can still use it? Am going to post my profile very soon for the gurus in the house to tell me what to still add or remove.

Wanted to apply through paper route before but when I realized those Kenyans VOs are not smiling, had to change my mind.

Happy Sunday family.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.