Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (860249 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by slushy: 10:59pm On May 15, 2019
Thank you Bracha. I have now opened a GC key account. In the questionnaire where it asks me how long I am to stay. I have chosen Temporarily more than 6 months. Is this correct ? Thanks once more

Bracha:
The GC key thing is actually pretty self-explanatory, BUT, I'll go over it.

GC Key is Government of Canada Key, and a signing in/signing up pattern for the CIC website. Another type of signing in pattern is with bank cards (the first option before GC Key).

If you're going for online application, sign in/sign up with GC Key because you don't have an account with those banks/financial institutions.

When you've signed up online, the list of documents will appear on your application page. Or, you can Google the “list of documents for Canada study permit.”

Good luck.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 11:24pm On May 15, 2019
MsAnne20:
Hello gurus in the house
I've been a silent reader on this group ��
First, I'll like to commend everyone that has taken out time to respond to questions and help out in one way or the other .....God bless you abundantly
I gained admission in Feb to Fanshawe College to study Health Systems Management (PGC) to resume in Sept 2019
I'm yet to submit my visa application .....i'm a little bit nervous about my SOP...can someone help me go through it So I can be sure I'm on the right path
Thank you

I am in Fanshawe college at the moment. Someone already offered to help with your SOP.

It is okay to be nervous. When you get your visa, if you need any help in London,ON you can mention my moniker here and I will be happy to help. All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by lassky(m): 4:18am On May 16, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

I am in Fanshawe college at the moment. Someone already offered to help with your SOP.

It is okay to be nervous. When you get your visa, if you need any help in London,ON you can mention my moniker here and I will be happy to help. All the best.
Boss, I am in London too. We fit don jam for mall or restaurant make we no know grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greyworld: 4:28am On May 16, 2019
pls can sm1 tell me what visa was applied for from this response. pls its very urgent.
justmellow , makano tnks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nellykuch: 5:11am On May 16, 2019
It sounds so much like VISITING VISA.
Greyworld:
pls can sm1 tell me what visa was applied for from this response. pls its very urgent.
justmellow , makano tnks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Miscellaneous(m): 5:50am On May 16, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hey Bracha are you also a female?? shocked

Hello,
Please I need to make some enquiries from you about Canada. Institutions like McGill dont require ielts from prospective students but I'm curious if the embassy will request for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsAnne20(f): 6:17am On May 16, 2019
Okoriekwe:
All you need to do is to go with is your passport data page and a passport photograph. On the fees, I've read people pay between 5k to 7.5k. However, I did mine for 3.5k depending on who you meet. Go straight to the forensic section of the CID HQ to get it done.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kcosam: 6:18am On May 16, 2019
ghabrhiel10:
Men these agent guys are just ruthless, I just left qlife now and there's this guy that sat beside me for medicals, no medical form, the agent just said he should go for medicals. According to him, the agent said he submitted his application since May 2018 ND I'm like Wah!!!!. The one that off me was when I asked if he has done his biometrics. He said no cry Why are agents like this. The agent even held the passport since last year, saying it has been with the embassy and he took it from them yesterday and gave this guy to come for the medicals today (the agent said he knows someone at the embassy). How will somebody comfortably waste 1yr if another person life, this is so wicked. I've introduced the guy to this forum tho, and advised him to get that sole called wicked agent locked. Pls gurus, let's continue with the good work here, God will surely repay us well. I felt for this guy cos I know wetin agent do me sef cry
Well done, you did the right thing, God will save all future applicants from the hands of such wicked Agent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsAnne20(f): 6:20am On May 16, 2019
Eromo10:

Just a passport photograph and photocopy of your bio data page ( International Passport)

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by slushy: 6:32am On May 16, 2019
Hello guys. Please I see a lot of denial based on not being able to prove return to country after visit. Is there any way to address this ahead while submitting an application? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alexkrueger: 7:16am On May 16, 2019
hardeholar1:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
same shoes as you....through reading this forum....medicals suppose to come first.
its scary
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greyworld: 7:17am On May 16, 2019
Nellykuch:
It sounds so much like VISITING VISA.
Okay thnks. But yu re certain it aint study permit? pls check the reasons for d refusal also the first line " Temporary Resident Visa". I wanna be sure before i go confrontational wif sm1. lol. tnks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greyworld: 7:22am On May 16, 2019
kcosam:

Well done, you did the right thing, God will save all future applicants from the hands of such wicked Agent.
Amen. pls if yu can check up my last post to help see if from the response from the embassy if it was STUDY PERMIT or TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA dat d dude applied for I ll be grateful tnks sir .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 7:27am On May 16, 2019
Kez911:

U are currently on eligibility review to determine if your application finds your eligible to be issued a visa (if u are a genuine student who will study and return after studies) also...this is the point you start praying more. .
Am a bit confused on what to do because I received BCM on th 6th may since then I have been waiting, panicking and praying seriously. I need God's grace more than anything now. This is 13 days since I received the BCM no other mail yet.
Also my resumption date was that 6th may.
Now I just got a new admission letter but I don't know if I should send it or wait for the final decision. Although I need CAQ too because it is Quebec.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Alexkrueger: 7:35am On May 16, 2019
Anamekele:

Am a bit confused on what to do because I received BCM on th 6th may since then I have been waiting, panicking and praying seriously. I need God's grace more than anything now. This is 13 days since I received the BCM no other mail yet.
Also my resumption date was that 6th may.
Now I just got a new admission letter but I don't know if I should send it or wait for the final decision. Although I need CAQ too because it is Quebec.

did you have an upfront medicals, or youre waiting or have done medical on request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamidemessi: 7:44am On May 16, 2019
Guys , pls, can I send embassy email correspondence BTW me and my school wherein in the said email I asked my school if I can pay school fees now and my school replying that I can not pay until the August when the fee is out.
And also , can I send another document via CSE just a week after one document has been acknowledged and added to my file .

N.B Embassy have not asked me to pay any school fee depsit to show commitment ooo.

@Aucustus , qudcom, makano, sillysassysally, kez911 and others

@Aucustus, thanks for your help in recent past. How's the weather over there sir .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dera12345(f): 8:07am On May 16, 2019
Greyworld:

Okay thnks. But yu re certain it aint study permit? pls check the reasons for d refusal also the first line " Temporary Resident Visa". I wanna be sure before i go confrontational wif sm1. lol. tnks

That can be a study visa rejection letter. Study visa rejection letter can also starts with “Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada.”
And note, both study visa and visitor visa are types of temporary resident visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 8:24am On May 16, 2019
Alexkrueger:

did you have an upfront medicals, or youre waiting or have done medical on request?
Am waiting for medical request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 8:31am On May 16, 2019
Hi,

The embassy does not require IELTS for a study permit application.

Miscellaneous:

Hello,
Please I need to make some enquiries from you about Canada. Institutions like McGill dont require ielts from prospective students but I'm curious if the embassy will request for it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 8:43am On May 16, 2019
Hi Hardeholar1,

I haven't heard of anyone who got a correspondence letter before medical request and then got an approval. The correspondence letter usually comes around the same time the final decision comes out. Though yours may be an exception... No one knows.

My advise for you is this; remain positive - whatever the decision is, do not let it define you because you are so much more than what these people can see.

hardeholar1:
Is there anybody who got correspondence letter before medicals and has gotten approval
My heart beat fast
And I need postive story to keep me up in spirit
Please I need response
@Sillysally, @Quokum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by slushy: 9:03am On May 16, 2019
Hello guys. Please I see a lot of denial based on not being able to prove return to country after visit. Is there any way to address this ahead while submitting an application?

Also when I started filling the questionnaire on the CIC site, they asked what I was applying for. Temporary permit (less than 6 months). Temporary permit (more than 6 months). Permanent permit. I chose the temporary for more than 6 months. Is this correct please? I am going for my undergrad studies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:21am On May 16, 2019
Yup

slushy:
Thank you Bracha. I have now opened a GC key account. In the questionnaire where it asks me how long I am to stay. I have chosen Temporarily more than 6 months. Is this correct ? Thanks once more

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:31am On May 16, 2019
It's a visiting visa. If it were a study permit, it'd have been plainly written. You'll see “Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada” instead of a visiting visa.

Pele, take heart and retry on your own.

Greyworld:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Desmondola2020: 9:31am On May 16, 2019
The correspondence letter was suppose to be an automated message I think. Is there anyone they got biometrics correspondence letter before medical request?
Pls signify so that will can nullify this claim by sally.

sillysassysally:
Hi Hardeholar1,

I haven't heard of anyone who got a correspondence letter before medical request and then got an approval. The correspondence letter usually comes around the same time the final decision comes out. Though yours may be an exception... No one knows.

My advise for you is this; remain positive - whatever the decision is, do not let it define you because you are so much more than what these people can see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.