Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862441 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obehi44: 9:47am On May 28, 2019
sillysassysally:
What I meant was that you’ve not provided your full timeline information. I.e. whether your application is a new one or a re-application, and the month your school is expected to resume.

Response time really depends on a variety of factors ranging from how much application CIC is handling at the point of your submission to whether or not you submitted all the information needed to assess your eligibility, or how clear your documents are, or how long your background checks would take, etc. In summary, it’s a holistic process that depends on every aspect of one’s application as opposed to one specific reason.

It has often been debated here whether or not paper is faster than online and vise verse. I personally believe an online application is faster - especially since that’s even what is on the CIC website. If someone who applied via paper gets feedback before someone who applied via online, that does not mean that paper route is faster than online route. It may be because there was something in the online persons application that caused the delay. Maybe the online person has relatives living in Canada that they had to do additional background checks for... Something along these lines.

Your second question is not clear.

On GCMS, I don’t know the meaning. Try googling it...

For your other questions on implication, it has been recently answered on this thread. You can read a couple of threads back to get more perspective...

I hope this information helps.

Oh, sorry my first question was that does the kind of programs(master, postgraduate etc) Appling for makes the response time differs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pavore9: 9:57am On May 28, 2019
Tlontin:

Study visa is mostly treated in Kenya now!!! About been submitted to Kenya—I believe it is been transferred to Kenya from Lagos cic.

Which means Nigerian students studying here in Kenya and wants to further their studies in Canada, would just apply for student visa at their High Commission here in Nairobi?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Paixman: 10:03am On May 28, 2019
Please what is the difference between PGC and PGD .
I am a HND graduate , Iplan applying for a masters program but I need to go for PGD first .
Most schools that offer my course I’m seeing them in PGC ( can I still use PGC to apply for my masters )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 10:09am On May 28, 2019
Pavore9:

Which means Nigerian students studying here in Kenya and wants to further their studies in Canada, would just apply for student visa at their High Commission here in Nairobi?
Lol... I don’t know ooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pavore9: 10:13am On May 28, 2019
Tlontin:

Lol... I don’t know ooo.

OK, just asking because most Nigerian students studying in Kenya after graduation move to Europe/Australia for postgraduate studies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Paixman: 10:18am On May 28, 2019

I am a HND holder ( Accounting ) currently doing my first masters in china ( international education in chinese ) I plan applying for a masters program in Canada ( want to go for a business related course ) but I need to go for PGD first .
Most schools that offer my choice course Are in PGC ( can I still use PGC to apply for my masters )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okoriekwe(m): 10:30am On May 28, 2019
You can submit your Canada Student Permit application from anywhere in the world and not necessarily your home country provided that you are LEGALLY staying in the country of your application. You'll be required to include your resident permit of the country as part of the documents required.

Pavore9:

OK, just asking because most Nigerian students studying in Kenya after graduation move to Europe/Australia for postgraduate studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pavore9: 10:38am On May 28, 2019
Okoriekwe:
You can submit your Canada Student Permit application from anywhere in the world and not necessarily your home country provided that you are LEGALLY staying in the country of your application. You'll be required to include your resident permit of the country as part of the documents required.

Thanks. I am not applying for studies in Canada though am a legal resident in Kenya which gives me status to apply for visas at embassies here, which is less cumbersome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubajek: 11:03am On May 28, 2019
ok. Thanks

sillysassysally:
No.

The regular work permit is the normal 20hr per week work permit that holders of study permits are entitled to.

For a co-op work permit, that’s like a real work permit. In this case, there’s probably a mandatory 3/4 month internship posting that is part of your program or something along this line. Then you’d have apply for a co-op permit by indicating that work is a mandatory requirement on your study and you’ll be given an actual work permit.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 11:06am On May 28, 2019
My uncle said he doesn't have enough cash in his personal accounts. I will be opting to be a self sponsored applicant and raising the cash in my account to up to 8M. My total cost in canada for my 1 year PGD program is approximately 7M. Just hope this will be better option than using the company account with low balance

JustMellow:

Your personal funds seems good. It would be better if the relative can sponsor you personally rather than using the company's account. I believe in Luck and Grace but its always good not to merely rely on them without doing the necessary. Irrespective of the inflow and outflow which also helps a lot, but do not apply with a low closing balance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 12:12pm On May 28, 2019
Paixman:

I am a HND holder ( Accounting ) currently doing my first masters in china ( international education in chinese ) I plan applying for a masters program in Canada ( want to go for a business related course ) but I need to go for PGD first .
Most schools that offer my choice course Are in PGC ( can I still use PGC to apply for my masters )

PGC, PGD etc. are all under the same pre masters bracket. However I don't understand why you want to go from an msc program in china to a PGD program in canada. There isn't any consistency in that academic approach and you wl most likely be refused under "Purpose of visit" and VO not convinced you're a bonafide student. Also, going from education to a business program doesn't show any progression/consistency.

Plan accordingly to avoid making regretful mistakes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Paixman: 1:13pm On May 28, 2019
Qudkom:

PGC, PGD etc. are all under the same pre masters bracket. However I don't understand why you want to go from an msc program in china to a PGD program in canada. There isn't any consistency in that academic approach and you wl most likely be refused under "Purpose of visit" and VO not convinced you're a bonafide student. Also, going from education to a business program doesn't show any progression/consistency.
Plan accordingly to avoid making regretful mistakes.

Good evening, my undergraduate degree is Accounting. I dont plan Stating in my application that I have a masters degree . ( my masters degree have nothing. To do with my undergraduate, it’s a special masters for those with chinese language proficieny certificate program for teaching chinese to speakers of other language i.e on scholarship ) I want to further my career in business program since it’s related to my undergraduate program. ( please if you don’t understand I’m willing to explain more )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obehi44: 1:18pm On May 28, 2019
[quote author=JummyFash post=78785464][/quote]
Please what is their twitter handle? Can't click from the image
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obehi44: 1:32pm On May 28, 2019
Oladimejii:
I got a mail that my processed passport is ready for pick up. No medical mail nor upfront medicals. I had presumed it was a refusal and had prepared for the worst.

I got there today, picked up my package and tore it open to find my passport with the attached slip. Mind you my Online Account is still on Eligibility check.

The only message I received last week was correspondence mail.

When did you apply and when did you get this email?
I am guessing it's a paper application and not online for your passport to have been with them, right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Evankc(m): 1:55pm On May 28, 2019
Is there any April 2019 applicant here that as gotten his or her visa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Evankc(m): 1:57pm On May 28, 2019
Is there any April 2019 applicant here that as gotten his or her visa or how many are still waiting Let see if the processing time stated on cic websites is working well or not ...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Obehi44: 3:42pm On May 28, 2019
Evankc:
Is there any April 2019 applicant here that as gotten his or her visa

Yes oh let them indicate so we know. I don't know if to call mine April because it was 28th of March

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 3:52pm On May 28, 2019
Hello House
Hope everyone is good ? And to my fellow June applicant @austacus @ibbond @ralf ..

Please I would be available to answer inquires and questions.. it’s pretty tough trying to settling Down in an environment where there is little or no blacks. Lol
The weather Na did plus work

So shoot your question and will answer in my best way ..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 3:54pm On May 28, 2019
Freeworld321 I sight you boss.

Xtianengr you can get admission from Nigeria or in Canada. Once you have your visa, even if a program says closed on any of the websites, call the college and tell them you have your visa. Most programs that indicate closed, they factor in time to process visa for international students. So even if a school tells you admission is closed, call and let them know you have your visa but only thinking of changing school. I know colleges admit people even when admission says closed provided they still have seats on that program. Colleges do this a lot but not sure about Universities.

However, I strongly recommend you are in Canada before you notify CIC because at the POE, if you show them a new LOA, they may ask why you changed school most especially if it is cheaper than the initial school for which you were given your visa. They will drill you

You can get admission for another school from Nigeria, get into Canada before notifying your former school and CIC you want to change school.

Ayomiposi2020 Kcosam and Xtianengr I think Newfoundland university collects 2k per semester (6K in a year). It also depends if they have your program.

Please find out if the school/college you has flexible payment plans. This will help.

Newbrunswick community college is another cheap school - I think it is less than 6k CAD for some programs, please find out.

Brandon University is another cheap school.

I know Sleekysoft attend Newfoundland university.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bukonlami: 4:01pm On May 28, 2019
Hello guys

Please is anyone having problems with the cic website or it's just me.i am trying to apply online but it's not even opening after I sign in with my GCkey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CodeBlooded: 4:31pm On May 28, 2019
Bosses in the house pls help.
I’ve taken my TOEFL and I was able to score 96 with 22 being my lowest score in any section.

I have a BSC in computer science with CGPA 3.65 on a scale of 5.0 which is 73%. Most Canadian schools I’ve seen are requesting for 75%. Tho I had 76% in my last 2 years. Pls give me list of some schools
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by toysleek(f): 5:57pm On May 28, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Xtianengr you can get admission from Nigeria or in Canada. Once you have your visa, even if a program says closed on any of the websites, call the college and tell them you have your visa. Most programs that indicate closed, they factor in time to process visa for international students. So even if a school tells you admission is closed, call and let them know you have your visa but only thinking of changing school. I know colleges admit people even when admission says closed provided they still have seats on that program. Colleges do this a lot but not sure about Universities.

However, I strongly recommend you are in Canada before you notify CIC because at the POE, if you show them a new LOA, they may ask why you changed school most especially if it is cheaper than the initial school for which you were given your visa. They will drill you

You can get admission for another school from Nigeria, get into Canada before notifying your former school and CIC you want to change school.

Ayomiposi2020 Kcosam and Xtianengr I think Newfoundland university collects 2k per semester (6K in a year). It also depends if they have your program.

Please find out if the school/college you has flexible payment plans. This will help.

Newbrunswick community college is another cheap school - I think it is less than 6k CAD for some programs, please find out.

Memorial University is not as cheap as people think
.Most Msc courses have some special fees attached to them on the minimum expense form.I applied for a year Msc and the sch fee is 17,500Cad.Some are way higher..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 6:14pm On May 28, 2019
Paixman:

Good evening, my undergraduate degree is Accounting. I dont plan Stating in my application that I have a masters degree . ( my masters degree have nothing. To do with my undergraduate, it’s a special masters for those with chinese language proficieny certificate program for teaching chinese to speakers of other language i.e on scholarship ) I want to further my career in business program since it’s related to my undergraduate program. ( please if you don’t understand I’m willing to explain more )

Ok I understand now. You can definitely make use of your undergraduate degree in accounting to pursue a business program in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chisongozi: 7:21pm On May 28, 2019
sleekysoft:
Hello House
Hope everyone is good ? And to my fellow June applicant @austacus @ibbond @ralf ..

Please I would be available to answer inquires and questions.. it’s pretty tough trying to settling Down in an environment where there is little or no blacks. Lol
The weather Na did plus work

So shoot your question and will answer in my best way ..

Are you in Memorial Uni, if yes I will be there too in a couple of months by the special grace of God. Pls can you pm me I want to find out about certain things in the school. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 7:29pm On May 28, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

If your friend does not have money, let him defer his current offer while he tries to get admission for January into college/University. He should make sure it is a college/university where the fees are cheap (not more than 5000 CAD). I strongly recommend he goes for a program that has a co-op (most likely college). He should make sure it is a program that has at least 8 months co-op.

Once he gets admission into college, he should try and get money to pay for his 1st semester fees from Nigeria, his 8 months co-op will most likely sort out the rest if he is disciplined.

Please forget the idea of trying to defer and then work while in Canada for 6 months before school starts, It will most likely mess him up when he wants to apply for his PGWP.

Also, if your friend has a job in Nigeria at the moment where he can still get some money from now till January, no need to rush to travel to Canada. Except you have family members that are willing to accommodate you for free (food inclusive) in Canada, it is easier to save money in Nigeria than it is in Canada provided he already has a regular source of income in Nigeria. Save up money, save up money before you travel, you will need it.

This is for other students who don't have enough money

If you don't have money, no scholarship and you want to study in Canada, please be strategic.

(1) Make sure you apply to colleges or Universities with very low tuition.

(2) Make sure it is a 2 years program so you don't have to renew study permit while in Canada.

(3) If you choose 1 year PGC, you will need to renew study permit again and show money in account. If you know you struggled getting money in your account or sponsors, why will you want to go for a 1 year program?

4) Make sure you choose co-op programs - you get to work full time for up to 8 months during course of study.

(5) you can always change schools even after your visa has been approved. If you need to switch to co-op program or cheaper schools, do it now. It is legal and allowed.

P.s For all those with Visa's or planning to come to Canada, please learn how to cut hair and ladies, if you can learn how to make hair before coming, you will make cool cash.

I cut my hair for 25CAD without shaving and 35CAD if I shave, do the maths (London, ON hair cut price).
I know a lady that charges 80 CAD and above to make ladies hair as a side hustle (she has her regular job). She attends to only 3 customers weekly because of her regular job. If you are a student, this will help you big time most especially when on break.

While waiting 6 months in Nigeria for visa, what are you doing with your time?
Won't the 2year program be more expensive?

About changing school after visa approval? What if part of the tuition has been paid? Can that still be done? Considering the fact that most schools only refund on the grounds of visa denial.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmaxman(m): 7:44pm On May 28, 2019
Good evening my good people, I just started my sister's online application. I followed the step by step procedure in the thread but I seems not to get the checklist code.
This is what I have : pix attached. Pls help me retrace my step. Thanks.

Forms not displaying even after downloading adobe reader. Pls help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 7:48pm On May 28, 2019
emmaxman:
Good evening my good people, I just started my sister's online application. I followed the step by step procedure in the thread but I seems not to get the checklist code.

Use internet explorer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 7:54pm On May 28, 2019
Hi guys,
I’m asking for a family member.

Is it possible to go for biometrics with only the copy of one’s passport? I have a friend who applied for a UK tourist visa but her passport is with them. Does she have to wait?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 7:55pm On May 28, 2019
Download it and then go to downloads and open it. But u must have adobe reader.
emmaxman:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ibitowaoa: 7:58pm On May 28, 2019
Hello house, pls I have been notified to come for biometrics.
Do I make an appointment or I should just go?. Also, I will like to know the address where the biometrics is been administered.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayomiposi2020: 8:03pm On May 28, 2019
Yes I experienced No result found aswell. I think its a general problem.

Nkquote author=Philomathhh post=78782974]Hello guys,

Is it normal to get a mail from cic prompting you to check your portal for a new message, and only for you to login to realize that there's no message in there?

How long does it usually take to be called for medical examination?

Lastly, does anyone tracking ID indicate "No result found"?

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayomiposi2020: 8:08pm On May 28, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.