Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862470 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
blet:
hello guys, please i applied for my statement of account 4th of october, i plan to apply for visa this week, should i apply for another statement of account or can i use the one of october 4th?

A bank statement is valid for a month. If it exceeds one month it's rendered invalid and I would suggest you get an updated one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2018
Have you written them ?

Henkubert:
I am May 19 2018 applicant.

Got medical request August 21st a day to my resumption.

I have deffer my addmision to February 2019

Passed medical August 27th

It's over 23weeks no final decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
henricson:

This is sad... After four months! I don't think your age is an issue, you can reapply and address the purpose of visit issue. The VO was probably not convinced about your intent to study. Order gcms notes as it's the norm to evaluate VO notes for refusal.
henricson:

Pls how can I order for the gcms note��

This is sad... After four months! I don't think your age is an issue, you can reapply and address the purpose of visit issue. The VO was probably not convinced about your intent to study. Order gcms notes as it's the norm to evaluate VO notes for refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2018
Senatorkolade:

Yes

Next time ask the person if s/he's on NL so you don't offload one of us oh grin ! After all this hustling please don't offload us oh!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2018
Henkubert:

We are still praying for you. Stay positive. I know how difficult it is as we were in the same boat earlier.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2018
galala123:

Next time ask the person if s/he's on NL so you don't offload one of us oh grin ! After all this hustling please don't offload us oh!

I won't do that. Is a visitor visa.
An agent arranged it for him

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by thompson1510(m): 6:46pm On Oct 30, 2018
Evening family, I really wanna apply online but I have over 150documents to submit... Even if I shrink the files. It's still not gonna work out due to the 4mb limit.

Another question is... How many forms am I gonna download please? I have several sibling's to add to my application oooo....help a brother out.

Will list my profile out very soon...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ifyraymonds:
Hello everyone am new here,I applied 23rd of June ,got the refusal e mail from them today.reason for refusal purpose of visit am so sad .i applied for undergraduate studies.am thinking of re applying but I don’t kn how to do it or what to do next.pls guys what can I do next.my age is 30yrs.

Sorry for the delay, you can as well share your application so that the gurus can x-ray it.

Did they review your eligibility? Or it was stuck in background check before the refusal?

Please answer the question so that some of us here may somehow know our fate.

Bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2018
Henkubert:

We have the same timeline
Just that my application is 20wks (June 9) and still counting.

Any April, May, June and july applicant in the house please show yourself (we gon do some census)

I believe God won't forsake us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dan90s: 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
Agbons101:

short SOP is not an issue. ..mine was barely a page! its the content dat matters...

Exactly..same thing with my SOP, barely one page and pls guys use simple grammar

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Paul4canada: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
Good Day,
I am a silent read without a Nairaland account, recently created one today.
After waiting since 23/05/2018, I sent an email to CIC London on Friday, it come to my surprise that my application was update today with a correspondence letter stating [b]PURPOSE OF VISIT [/b]ALONE.
My question is that since they knew my application will be refused after 5 months and 7 days why take forever to make such decision.
Its so sad that i missed the September 2018 intake for my plan B program in Ireland.
My colleagues are in school already (Dublin).
Where do I start from again.
I confused if to reapply or consider Ireland.
Its unfair oooo.
Am just sad because they wasted my precious time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henkubert: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
sleekysoft:
Have you written them ?

Yes. I have sent more than 6 mails.

This was the first email I got from them

Dear Henry A.

We write in reply to your enquiry of 23/09/18, the contents of which have been noted.

Your new letter of acceptance from University of Winnipeg has been appended to your file.

We have received satisfactory medical results for you.

Your application is currently in process.

We trust this is of assistance to you.

Second email from them

Dear Henry A

We write in reply to your enquiry dated 16th October 2018.

Please note that your application for a study permit to Canada is currently under active review.

Every effort is being made to complete processing as quickly as possible.

You will be notified via your online account once a decision has been reached.

We trust this information is of assistance to you.

Kind regards,

JLW
High Commission of Canada in the United Kingdom
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Canada House | Maison du Canada
Trafalgar Square
London | Londres
SW1Y 5BJ
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
Paul4canada:
Good Day,
After waiting since 23/05/2018, I sent an email to CIC London on Friday, it come to my surprise that my application was update today with a correspondence letter stating [b]PURPOSE OF VISIT [/b]ALONE.
My question is that since they knew my application will be refused after 5 months and 7 days why take forever to make such decision.
Its so sad that i missed the September 2018 intake for my plan B program in Ireland.
Its unfair oooo.

The kind of refusal I am seeing today is totally scary.
Halloween visa response!
na na na na na na na na na na na na this is totally unacceptable.

So sorry... If I were in your shoe, I swear to God, I wouldn't think twice to dive into Ireland

Abeg please answer this question
Did they review your eligibility? Or it was stuck in background check before the refusal?
Please answer the question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
Paul4canada:
Good Day,
Its unfair oooo.
You may get January intake in Ireland. Their VO's are still very compassionate. You may also wish to try before we have a run on Ireland. You need to write an English test for Ireland Study Visa. I got their visa recently as a plan B.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
Sorry for the delay. This is easy to tackle even without ordering for GCMS. Purpose of visit is basically to proof to them that you are a genuine student going to study after which you are coming back to ur country. When writing ur SOP, let there be career progression i.e ur undergraduate study must be inline with ur proposed study or if you are working, ur line of work must relate with the course you are going to study. When u tackle this, then u are good to go. A quick question for u, did ur Eligibility review start before ur refusal or it was just on background check throughout, ur reply will be appreciated. peace
Ifyraymonds:
Hello everyone am new here,I applied 23rd of June ,got the refusal e mail from them today.reason for refusal purpose of visit am so sad .i applied for undergraduate studies.am thinking of re applying but I don’t kn how to do it or what to do next.pls guys what can I do next.my age is 30yrs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
Makano.. How do i contact you ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
U can PM me.
Asapant:
Makano.. How do i contact you ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2018
Yes the eligibility started be4 the refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ive done that, pls check ur mail
makano:
U can PM me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ifyraymonds:

WAHALA DEY OOOOO lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ifyraymonds:
sorry about the delay...................where was your app processed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2018
Processed in London this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ibbravura: 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2018
Hello guys. Am actually in Canada already. Student visa. But a friend if mine is applying too. Waiting hopefully for medical request from embassy. But her question is. Shes pregnant. And hope that will not affect her medical thing. As per student Visa ish. Is pregnancy part of what they looking for in-terms of medical history?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trapping(m): 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2018
Please house I am worried, I sent my passport through courier to VAC Abuja for visa stamp, but I am yet to get a confirmation email from them, though I discovered that it has been delivered since monday when I tracked it - Is this normal? Secondly, am I within the 'thirty days' if I sent my passport to VAC Abuja or does the thirty days mean the total time it takes the passport to get to Lagos consulate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2018
Trapping:
Please house I am worried, I sent my passport through courier to VAC Abuja for visa stamp, but I am yet to get a confirmation email from them, though I discovered that it has been delivered since monday when I tracked it - Is this normal? Secondly, am I within the 'thirty days' if I sent my passport to VAC Abuja or does the thirty days mean the total time it takes the passport to get to Lagos consulate.

They do not confirm passport received. Thirty days starts from the day Abuja got your passport. Passport leaves every Wednesday from Abuja and is couriered to Lagos overnight delivery. I will advice you call VFS to confirm the receipt of your passport or chat them up via online live chat.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
Bosses, friends, fellow applicants, brothers and sisters.

I'm stuck and I need help urgently with sponsorship advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2018
ibbravura:
Hello guys. Am actually in Canada already. Student visa. But a friend if mine is applying too. Waiting hopefully for medical request from embassy. But her question is. Shes pregnant. And hope that will not affect her medical thing. As per student Visa ish. Is pregnancy part of what they looking for in-terms of medical history?

Pregnancy won't affect your friend's visa as long as she is honest to divulge her pregnancy. Hiding pregnancy as well during medical test, may expose feotus to x-ray which can be harmful. It is better to come clean. She can obtain insurance for herself and unborn child cheaper through the insurance policy of the school she is attending, rather than trying to sign up independently through a private provider.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Visa officer and infiltrators do spy here. So if you get someone to feign sponsorship for you, how are you going to pay for your education when you get to Canada? Little wonder why so many applications are stuck at the embassy and denied arbitrary. Look no further. Herein is evidence. Vamoose!

Thank you for the Rebuke, actually I have the fund and means to raise the rest I needed for my studies. But I don't think one is allowed to sponsor himself and it may not help my application.

Seeing your point, which I agree to, maybe you should clear that quote if you actually mean well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
Yoshy:

Thank you for the Rebuke, actually I have the fund and means to raise the rest I needed for my studies. But I don't think one is allowed to sponsor himself and it may not help my application.

I don't know why you can't sponsor yourself. Yes you can!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I don't know why you can't sponsor yourself. Yes you can!

You made a good point, that this forum is under watch, kindly edit the initial quote of my post, I have edited mine to clear out my position, since the original post do not clearly state that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 10:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
Yoshy:

You made a good point, that this forum is under watch, kindly edit the initial quote of my post, I have edited mine to clear out my position, since the original post do not clearly state that.

Okay will do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.