Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,474 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (853217 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:44am On Nov 09, 2018
Lotusboi:

*LONG POST***

First Application
Submitted: 4th April
Biometrics: 5th April
Delayed: 29th May
Reason: Purpose of visit, insufficient fund to pay fees without working in Canada.

Second Application: 13th June
Biometrics: 22nd June
Medical mail: 22nd October
Medicals done: 5th Nov (IOM Abuja)
Uploaded: 7th Nov
Approval/PPR: 8th Nov

Submitted Docs:
SOP
School admission letter (Carleton University, MEng Mechanical Engineering)
Financial Documents: Bank Statement (First Application had just a balance of 1 million, this second application had a balance of 11 million).
Treasury Bills, Shares, Properties were also submitted.
Graduated 2017. Just completed NYSC last month
During this second application, I ordered gcms for my first app, saw the reason stated by the VO (go through my timeline to see this), but I had already submitted my application so there was nothing I could do. I wanted to resume this Fall.
Towards the middle of August I sent out a lot of CSE containing my school fees receipt and also seeking for an expeditious review of my app. I didn’t get any responses immediately apart from the regular generic responses which came after like a week. I ordered gcms again and it came after 20 days. I found out my app was stuck because of an error in collecting data from New Zealand. Shortly after this I started receiving mails that my tuition receipt has been received.
My review of eligibility didn’t change throughout.
I sent a new admission letter from fall to Winter. Reception was confirmed. I stopped worrying. I looked at goingforward and admired her for being pious. I remembered my God.
I started doing early morning special prayers concerning this visa. This was in October. I partook of a 3 days dry fast in my church. 2 weeks later I received my medical mail. IOM was fully booked but God’s favour located me once more. I did the medicals and got my PPR yesterday.
What I did differently in this second application was I involved God.
Prayers do work and never ever relent. God will deliver unto those expectant of their visas in Jesus name.
I want to also thank Jeremy and Frank for taking their time out to reply my questions and advise me. God bless you both. See you all in Maple � Land.

Ps. If you’re interested in the prayer points I used to pray send me a pm and I’ll send them to you. God bless

Congratulations brother! I am happy to be part of your TRV crowning achievement. Thanks for your kind wishes. Go and represent us well in Canada. We hope to join you soonest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:54am On Nov 09, 2018
Asapant:
Evening everyone.

Frank.R i greet you Boss. I saw you feedback concerning my SOP via mail.

I can't go through your thought concerning my SOP nor access my inbox messages in my mail. I'll appreciate if you could pls kindly send it here on NL.

I'll be glad if you do so Boss.

Thank you Frank.R.

Hello Adedayo, sorry to hear you're unable to access your inbox messages. Nevertheless, I'll post my reviews here.

Having gone through your SOP, I have the following to say:

1-) Your passion for your proposed program was extensively expressed and the manner in which you linked your current job role and past experiences with your intended program is great.

2-) Why the program in broadcast journalism is too lengthy. Please reduce it as it can bore the visa officer. It should be concise and focus on a few key points.

3-) The sub-heading where you discussed about WHY CANADA NOT NIGERIA was well substantiated and convincing.

4-) Your reasons for coming back is not so strong. More practical and logical reasons should be highlighted and not surface reasons which you gave. There was this particular area where you mentioned about your NYSC and how you deployed just to stay close to your family is not relevant and I have scrapped it off. Talk more about your parents properties which you're traditionally heir to as you did and must return home after studies to continue managing, discuss about the obligations and responsibilities which falls on you as the only son and why you will be coming back to continue discharging your duties and can't abandon them for a foreign education, your family business (if any), your career prospects in Nigeria etc... All these mentioned can be your unwavering commitments back home.

5-) In every SOP, you are expected to talk about your finances, who is your sponsor? Who will be responsible for your expenses while studying in Canada should also be explained.

6-) You also did not make reference to your school of choice in Canada, what facilities does the college in Canada offer that has interested you so much to further your postgraduate studies there and not in Nigerian higher institutions.

7-) Finally, I found so many errors (Which includes punctuations, and spellings) while going through the letter and I have corrected them.

Do the needful and resend me the letter for final vetting.

Regards,
Frank

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 9:03am On Nov 09, 2018
Congrats again Lotusboi

Please tell us are u self sponsor? Also, how were u able to explain jumping from 1M to 11M in your SOA?

For someone who just graduated in 2017 how we're u able to convince the VO of how u acquired shares, treasury bills, lands, properties e.t.c

Lotusboi:

*LONG POST***

First Application
Reason: Purpose of visit, insufficient fund to pay fees without working in Canada.

Submitted Docs:
SOP
Financial Documents: Bank Statement (First Application had just a balance of 1 million, this second application had a balance of 11 million).
During this second application, I ordered gcms for my first app, saw the reason stated by the VO (go through my timeline to see this), but I had already submitted my application so there was nothing I could do. I wanted to resume this Fall.
Towards the middle of August I sent out a lot of CSE containing my school fees receipt and also seeking for an expeditious review of my app. I didn’t get any responses immediately apart from the regular generic responses which came after like a week. I ordered gcms again and it came after 20 days. I found out my app was stuck because of an error in collecting data from New Zealand. Shortly after this I started receiving mails that my tuition receipt has been received.
I sent a new admission letter from fall to Winter. Reception was confirmed. I stopped worrying. I looked at goingforward and admired her for being pious. I remembered my God.
I started doing early morning special prayers concerning this visa. This was in October. I partook of a 3 days dry fast in my church. 2 weeks later I received my medical mail. IOM was fully booked but God’s favour located me once more. I did the medicals and got my PPR yesterday.
Prayers do work and never ever relent. God will deliver unto those expectant of their visas in Jesus name.
I want to also thank Jeremy and Frank for taking their time out to reply my questions and advise me. God bless you both. See you all in Maple � Land.

Ps. If you’re interested in the prayer points I used to pray send me a pm and I’ll send them to you. God bless

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2018
London visa office has replied mail I sent on Tuesday.. it says thus

Dear Okezie,

This is in response to your enquiry.

If you have deferred your course of study you must submit your new letter of acceptance confirming your new start date, so that your application can be updated and assessed accordingly.

Kind Regards,

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bdaalman(m): 10:12am On Nov 09, 2018
I Applied via paper route on the 8th of October.... Eligibility review started today 9th November... Seems it is handled in Kenya... From the Correspondence letter I got... No upfront medical though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:16am On Nov 09, 2018
Bdaalman:
I Applied via paper route on the 8th of October.... Eligibility review started today 9th November... Seems it is handled in Kenya... From the Correspondence letter I got... No upfront medical though.

What is the correspondence letter all about? Was it notifying you of your biometrics validity?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2018
Is a correspondence letter sent wen ever u are moved to eligibility review stage?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bdaalman(m): 10:19am On Nov 09, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

What is the correspondence letter all about? Was it notifying you of your biometrics validity?

Oh yeah...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2018
Igbouwanile:

Bro, I sight you
Howfar?

I am cool bro. It's nice having you around. Enjoy your stay in maple land while we join you soonest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 09, 2018
Applied since 29th June.
Eligibility review started 14th August
No medical mail, but I went for my medical yesterday 8th November. IOM (Abuja).
Medical yet to be updated. Patiently waiting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:23am On Nov 09, 2018
Bdaalman:

Oh yeah...

Please be prayerful, a decision will be made soon on your application. I hope a medical request follows up. Keep the house updated on the success of your application.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 10:24am On Nov 09, 2018
Alright. Thank you so much for finding time to respond to me. My biological father is my sponsor. I shall get back to you as soon as am done with changes.

NB : In my early 20's. I graduated 2017.
I'm currently on service (NYSC) I'll be done March 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Hello Adedayo, sorry to hear you're unable to access your inbox messages. Nevertheless, I'll post my reviews here.

1-) Your passion for your proposed program was extensively expressed and the manner in which you linked your current job role and past experiences with your intended program is great.

2-) Why the program in broadcast journalism is too lengthy. Please reduce it as it can bore the visa officer. It should be concise and focus on a few key points.

3-) The sub-heading where you discussed about WHY CANADA NOT NIGERIA was well substantiated and convincing.

4-) Your reasons for coming back is not so strong. More practical and logical reasons should be highlighted and not surface reasons which you gave. There was this particular area where you mentioned about your NYSC and how you deployed just to stay close to your family is not relevant and I have scrapped it off. Talk more about your parents properties which you're traditionally heir to as you did and must return home after studies to continue managing, discuss about the obligations and responsibilities which falls on you as the only son and why you will be coming back to continue discharging your duties and can't abandon them for a foreign education, your family business (if any), your career prospects in Nigeria etc... All these mentioned can be your unwavering commitments back home.

5-) In every SOP, you are expected to talk about your finances, who is your sponsor? Who will be responsible for your expenses while studying in Canada should also be explained.

6-) You also did not make reference to your school of choice in Canada, what facilities does the college in Canada offer that has interested you so much to further your postgraduate studies there and not in Nigerian higher institutions.

7-) Finally, I found so many errors (Which includes punctuations, and spellings) while going through the letter and I have corrected them.

Regards,
Frank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bdaalman(m): 10:29am On Nov 09, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Please be prayerful, a decision will be made soon on your application. I hope a medical request follows up. Keep the house updated on the success of your application.

All the best!

Thank you Frankrobbn1. I am praying for that too. I bliv God. Good morning everyone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:35am On Nov 09, 2018
Asapant:
Alright. Thank you so much for finding time to respond to me. My biological father is my sponsor. I shall get back to you as soon as am done with changes.

NB : In my early 20's. I graduated 2017.
I'm currently on service (NYSC) I'll be done March 2019

You've a good profile!. I will be looking forward to receiving the letter from you.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Diijah: 10:42am On Nov 09, 2018
I just wanted to put this out there cause I so a couple of people suggesting sending them an email if your application is taking longer than usual.

I did that and two days after they sent me a correspondence letter. I called their customer care line, sent a message to Lagos.immigration (I don’t remember the rest but I can find the email if anyone needs it) and their customer care email as well. I had submitted my passport in over a month and I hadn’t heard anything from them. Less than 48 hours after sending the mail, they sent me a correspondence letter so go for it guys. It’ll all end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 10:55am On Nov 09, 2018
Please i need the email addresses.including the customer care emails
Diijah:
I just wanted to put this out there cause I so a couple of people suggesting sending them an email if your application is tqaking longer than usual.

I did that and two days after they sent me a correspondence letter. I called their customer care line, sent a message to Lagos.immigration (I don’t remember the rest but I can find the email if anyone needs it) and their customer care email as well. I had submitted my passport in over a month and I hadn’t heard anything from them. Less than 48 hours after sending the mail, they sent me a correspondence letter so go for it guys. It’ll all end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trizadove: 11:23am On Nov 09, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

You've a good profile!. I will be looking forward to receiving the letter from you.

All the best!
@Frankrobbn, please can u send me your email? i need to discuss with you privately
mine is trizadove@yahoo.co.uk

thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2018
kpizzle:
Congrats again Lotusboi

Please tell us are u self sponsor? Also, how were u able to explain jumping from 1M to 11M in your SOA?

For someone who just graduated in 2017 how we're u able to convince the VO of how u acquired shares, treasury bills, lands, properties e.t.c

My Dad was my sponsor**
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Layooye: 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2018
I submitted my application on the 28th of august, got medical request on the 5th of October, medical request was done on the 8th of October, and submitted by the hospital the next day and up till now no message.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2018
paper or online route?
Layooye:
I submitted my application on the 28th of august, got medical request on the 5th of October, medical request was done on the 8th of October, and submitted by the hospital the next day and up till now no message.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Layooye: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2018
[quote author=Famzyactivity post=72816586]paper or online route?
Paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ishaq96: 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Regards,
Frank

Keep up the good work frank. God bless and reward you for your time.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2018
Hello, Please did you receive any email or you saw the update on your online cic platform. After i submitted my application in vfs i did not get any receipt message or email. i went back and i was told its ok.

Bdaalman:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Success2019: 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2018
This cic guys are fast o
I submitted yesterday at vfs
Linked my account today and they are already started processing my background check .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 09, 2018
Pls after you submitted your application in vfs did you receive any message or email from either vfs or canada visa office notifying you they have received your application. I submitted my application close to 1 month now and i did not receive any notification that my application is received. I went back to vfs after 1 week and i was told everything is ok.

Layooye:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2018
I think that's generic. It will always show processing. I think what you need is updates.
Success2019:
This cic guys are fast o
I submitted yesterday at vfs
Linked my account today and they are already started processing my background check .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Layooye: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2018
[quote author=Adebayo2296 post=72817745]Pls after you submitted your application in vfs did you receive any message or email from either vfs or canada visa office notifying you they have received your application. I submitted my application close to 1 month now and i did not receive any notification that my application is received. I went back to vfs after 1 week and i was told everything is ok.

Yes I did, I received 2different emails from vfs on the day that I submitted the application, and it stated that they have received my application and it is now being processed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deboskie(m): 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2018
A very big congrats to you. You are a victor! Did you link your paper application online? If yes then check if your medical has been updated to PASSED. If yes then wait for them for your passport dispatch message and correspondence letter soon.
Layooye:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2018
Lotusboi:

*LONG POST***

First Application

Submitted Docs:
SOP

It's a privilege to be part of your success story. Happy to have helped and thanks for the lesson on faith and devotion. Congrats!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Layooye: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2018
deboskie:
A very big congrats to you. You are a victor! Did you link your paper application online? If yes then check if your medical has been updated to PASSED. If yes then wait for them for your passport dispatch message and correspondence letter soon.
But it's already a month now since I did medical,and yet I have not gotten any message. No I didn't link my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2018
Where did u do ur medicals
Layooye:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Layooye: 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2018
Bennycrown:
Where did u do ur medicals
IOM Abuja, and they submitted it the following day

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.