Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,360 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (853148 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nalizzzy: 8:27pm On Nov 09, 2018
Awuuga:
Guysssssssss! My application was just approved!!!!!
This is surreal!

I was introduced to this wonderful forum by my mum and I have learnt a great deal since I joined.

#Long Post Alert!

My profile:

•Application submitted on 3rd October 2018 ( Paper Route)
• Medical mail after three weeks on 24th October 2018
• Medical exam done on 29th October (IOM Abuja). There wasn’t any opening in Lagos until December for Q-Life & Chidren’s practice. IOM Lagos asked me to come back after two weeks.
• Medical exam passed on 2nd November 2018
• Application Approved 9th November 2018
• My application took 6 weeks and some days. ( I consider myself extremely lucky.

Documents Submitted:-
• All CIC Forms submitted

My Documents
• Letter Of Explanation ( a 7 page well detailed LOE)
• I studied Electronics and Communications Engineering and I graduated with a first class degree.
• I submitted my Conditional Offer letter from University of Windsor (MEng Electrical and Computer Engineering) Classes resume on May 2019
• I paid half my tuition fees (CAD 14,000)
• WAEC result
• Transcript
• Degree Certificate
• Police Clearance Certificate
• Occuption Health and Safety Advanced Diploma
• National Society of Engineers Graduate Membership Certificate
• Work ID, Employment Letter, Letter of Introduction, 6 months Pay Slip & Letter granting me study leave.
• My Statment of Account with about 109,000 naira

Sponsor’s Documents;-
• My sponsor was my mum
• My Mum’s International Passport & Birth certificate
• Brothers’ Birth Certificates
• All her letters of promotion
• Her 6 months pay slip
• An introduction letter from her office
• Work ID
• Landed Properties (2)
• Late Dad’s Shares & Landed properties (3)
• Two residential properties valued at 71 million naira by a licensed surveyor. One of the buildings is rented, it also shows a steady source of income
• I used my Mum’s company account. I’m also a director of the company.
• Company Registration Documents
• 3 years tax receipt.
• Company’s Statement of Account had a closing balance of a little over 12million naira
• My mum’s personal statment of account with 8,000 US dollars
• Her salary account with about 450,000 naira.

Home Ties:-
• My mum and Siblings
• Landed properties I had to come back to inherit
• My job. ( Study Leave)
• My Certificate from National Society of Engineers
• My Certificate from Occupational Health and Safety Advanced Diploma
• My directorship in my mum’s company

I saw how long the applications took so I decided to apply very early so as to avoid having to defer. Also to have enough time to take a step back and restrategise in case of a denial.

P.S I have not received the introduction letter yet. Please does anyone know how long it takes? Must I receive it before I go and pickup my passport?

I want to say thank you to Frankrobbn1 for his patience and answers to my questions, also Jnyuwa02 ( we never interacted but your contributions helped me a lot). My boss Kylexy1, thank you for your help. I appreciate you. Thank you to every other person that has contributed on this wonderful forum. I have learnt from you all one way or the other.

I pray that the grace of speed that worked for me, will visit all the TRV hopefuls. Keep the faith strong guys.
To those yet to submit, put up an airtight application and pray. The God that did it for me will do it for you too.

congrats dear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by rotormast: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2018
Please I have a urgent question. If you have already submitted your application, can you still go for a n upfront medical ?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by clapper04: 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
Awuuga:
This is surreal!

I was introduced to this wonderful forum by my mum and I have learnt a great deal since I joined.

#Long Post Alert!

My profile:

• Medical exam done on 29th October (IOM Abuja). There wasn’t any opening in Lagos until December for Q-Life & Chidren’s practice. IOM Lagos asked me to come back after two weeks.
• My application took 6 weeks and some days. ( I consider myself extremely lucky.

My Documents
• I studied Electronics and Communications Engineering and I graduated with a first class degree.
• I submitted my Conditional Offer letter from University of Windsor (MEng Electrical and Computer Engineering) Classes resume on May 2019
• WAEC result
• Transcript
• Degree Certificate
• Work ID, Employment Letter, Letter of Introduction, 6 months Pay Slip & Letter granting me study leave.

Sponsor’s Documents;-
• My sponsor was my mum
• Her 6 months pay slip
• Work ID
• Landed Properties (2)
• Two residential properties valued at 71 million naira by a licensed surveyor. One of the buildings is rented, it also shows a steady source of income
• 3 years tax receipt.
• Company’s Statement of Account had a closing balance of a little over 12million naira

• My mum and Siblings
• My job. ( Study Leave)

I saw how long the applications took so I decided to apply very early so as to avoid having to defer. Also to have enough time to take a step back and restrategise in case of a denial.

P.S I have not received the introduction letter yet. Please does anyone know how long it takes? Must I receive it before I go and pickup my passport?

I want to say thank you to Frankrobbn1 for his patience and answers to my questions, also Jnyuwa02 ( we never interacted but your contributions helped me a lot). My boss Kylexy1, thank you for your help. I appreciate you. Thank you to every other person that has contributed on this wonderful forum. I have learnt from you all one way or the other.

I pray that the grace of speed that worked for me, will visit all the TRV hopefuls. Keep the faith strong guys.
To those yet to submit, put up an airtight application and pray. The God that did it for me will do it for you too.

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bdaalman(m): 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
Adebayo2296:
Hello, Please did you receive any email or you saw the update on your online cic platform. After i submitted my application in vfs i did not get any receipt message or email. i went back and i was told its ok.

I got an email saying I have a message on my cic account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2018
Awuga* sir. Thanks

Success2019:

Congrats aguwa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2018
Thank you

nalizzzy:

congrats dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2018
Thank you

clapper04:

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2018
Bdaalman:

I got an email saying I have a message on my cic account

Check ASAP! Don't be scared... buzz us Wat u find
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bdaalman(m): 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2018
042viber12:

I have checked I was only replying a question... The question was if I got an email or I just checked my Cic account..

Well when I checked it was correspondence letter for biometrics.. And Eligibility review started today as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2018
042viber12:

You didn't understand the context of his message
He was referring to @Adebayo2296

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2018
Is there really any difference between "Application under active processing"and "Application under active review"
Or are the officers just deliberately playing with us with words
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2018
Bennycrown:
Is there really any difference between "Application under active processing"and "Application under active review"

There is a difference. Active processing means they are still doing background check and all other protocols that must be passed before eligibility of review commences. Active review on the other hand, means it has passed background check and in the final stages of been decided. In a nutshell, active review is more closer to a decision been reached on an application than active processing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmy4Gold: 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2018
Awuuga:
This is surreal!

#Long Post Alert!

My profile:

My Documents
• WAEC result
• Transcript
• Degree Certificate

Sponsor’s Documents;-
• My sponsor was my mum
• Her 6 months pay slip
• Work ID
• Landed Properties (2)
• 3 years tax receipt.

• My mum and Siblings
• My job. ( Study Leave)

Congratulations to you, go and make us proud
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 11:03pm On Nov 09, 2018
Exactly 20weeks already and no medical request. Only eligibility review started 10weeks ago. God pass them. It shall end in praises

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2018
Ok
Thanks for the clarification
jnyuwa02:

There is a difference. Active processing means they are still doing background check and all other protocols that must be passed before eligibility of review commences. Active review on the other hand, means it has passed background check and in the final stages of been decided. In a nutshell, active review is more closer to a decision been reached on an application than active processing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 10, 2018
During background check, they do info sharing with US, Australia and New Zealand. During this time they find out if you’ve ever applied for visa to these countries and failed to include it in your application. That’s how they find out people who were denied visas by US embassy and failed to disclose it. Apparently, New Zealand had an error disseminating this info to them and it made my application tarry. I think ordering the gcms made them realize that my application hadn’t progressed and so they sorted it out I guess.

canadabyfire:

Congrats on your success story...a bit of clarification on your app being stuck with New Zealand...did the 2nd GCMS note categorically stated why it was stuck with New Zealand? Did u at some point travelled to New Zealand? I am a bit confused how an app being processed at London office went to New Zealand. Did u do anything to correct the error?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 4:38am On Nov 10, 2018
Lotusboi:
During background check, they do info sharing with US, Australia and New Zealand. During this time they find out if you’ve ever applied for visa to these countries and failed to include it in your application. That’s how they find out people who were denied visas by US embassy and failed to disclose it. Apparently, New Zealand had an error disseminating this info to them and it made my application tarry. I think ordering the gcms made them realize that my application hadn’t progressed and so they sorted it out I guess.

Have you lived in New Zealand or simply applied for a visa there? I know they share info, but never seen the actual process it took for this third country information sharing divulged in any gcms notes I have been reading. Apparently it showed in yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 8:09am On Nov 10, 2018
blaugrana82:
Exactly 20weeks already and no medical request. Only eligibility review started 10weeks ago. God pass them. It shall end in praises

If your eligibility review is more than 5 weeks, order for your GCMS notes. With this, they will be jolted to make a decision on your application chap chap

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 10:51am On Nov 10, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hello Adedayo, sorry to hear you're unable to access your inbox messages. Nevertheless, I'll post my reviews here.

Having gone through your SOP, I have the following to say:

1-) Your passion for your proposed program was extensively expressed and the manner in which you linked your current job role and past experiences with your intended program is great.

2-) Why the program in broadcast journalism is too lengthy. Please reduce it as it can bore the visa officer. It should be concise and focus on a few key points.

3-) The sub-heading where you discussed about WHY CANADA NOT NIGERIA was well substantiated and convincing.

4-) Your reasons for coming back is not so strong. More practical and logical reasons should be highlighted and not surface reasons which you gave. There was this particular area where you mentioned about your NYSC and how you deployed just to stay close to your family is not relevant and I have scrapped it off. Talk more about your parents properties which you're traditionally heir to as you did and must return home after studies to continue managing, discuss about the obligations and responsibilities which falls on you as the only son and why you will be coming back to continue discharging your duties and can't abandon them for a foreign education, your family business (if any), your career prospects in Nigeria etc... All these mentioned can be your unwavering commitments back home.

5-) In every SOP, you are expected to talk about your finances, who is your sponsor? Who will be responsible for your expenses while studying in Canada should also be explained.

6-) You also did not make reference to your school of choice in Canada, what facilities does the college in Canada offer that has interested you so much to further your postgraduate studies there and not in Nigerian higher institutions.

7-) Finally, I found so many errors (Which includes punctuations, and spellings) while going through the letter and I have corrected them.

Do the needful and resend me the letter for final vetting.

Regards,
Frank

Baba you too much.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 11:40am On Nov 10, 2018
Thanks a lot bro. I intend doing that on Monday
Senatorkolade:

If your eligibility review is more than 5 weeks, order for your GCMS notes. With this, they will be jolted to make a decision on your application chap chap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by monstah(m): 11:57am On Nov 10, 2018
Hello Guys,

I'm getting set to put in my application for a study permit and I've been pretty progressive about getting all the necessary stuff.
I need a guru here to help me go over my SOP as I never seem to be confident enough about it given all the shared experiences here.
@Frankrobbn1 abeg, can you do me this service?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
Awuuga:
This is surreal!

#Long Post Alert!

My profile:

My Documents
• WAEC result
• Transcript
• Degree Certificate
• Nigeria Society of Engineers Graduate Membership Certificate

Sponsor’s Documents;-
• My sponsor was my mum
• Her 6 months pay slip
• Work ID
• Landed Properties (2)
• 3 years tax receipt.

• My mum and Siblings
• My job. ( Study Leave)
• My Certificate from Nigeria Society of Engineers

You'll receive it once passport has been appended with counterfoil in your package at vf
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
Congratulations to awuga and lotstuboi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2018
Application under active review = They are currently reviewing if you are eligible to study in Canada (Even tho Eligibility review has started on ur profile or not)i.e Ur finances and If the documents you submitted actually proofs to them if truly you are a genuine student or not.. Application under active Processing = They are currently doing a background check on you i.e Criminal records, Travel history to other countries(If you have any criminal records in the countries you have visited and also if you have at any point overstayed in those countries) e.t.c. Peace
Bennycrown:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
henricson:

Baba you too much.

My Boss, how is going with you? I hope you're making preparations for your trip. God will surely do it for the rest of us.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
Of course. Then the hospital will send them ur medical report.
rotormast:
Please I have a urgent question. If you have already submitted your application, can you still go for a n upfront medical ?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2018
monstah:
Hello Guys,

I'm getting set to put in my application for a study permit and I've been pretty progressive about getting all the necessary stuff.
I need a guru here to help me go over my SOP as I never seem to be confident enough about it given all the shared experiences here.
@Frankrobbn1 abeg, can you do me this service?

Frankrobben1 is not close to a guru o. I am always open and eager to learn from the knowledgeable ones here at any given time in life . As you suggested this approach, I'll assist in my little way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
Thank you

henricson:
Congratulations to awuga and lotstuboi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hello Honourable Men and Women. Greetings to you all.

I will like to bring to your notice that Children Practice Ikoyi, Lagos is no longer among the accredited medical panel physician's by CIC. Their accreditation is pending until the purchase of all newely required medical laboratory equipments prior to the conducting of medical exam again. If you've completed your medical exam with them in the past, count yourself lucky. I thought to share this vital information with you all. Do have a brilliant weekend.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
When applications is first submitted it goes to Ottawa, where bank statements are first verified .. and others Documents, criminality Check is done ( all under background check) after which it is sent to the Visa Office for eligibility review ( when the file is picked up and work has started you get the active review, when it’s sent to another office it becomes active processing). At the visa office all letter address to the VO is Checked( if a file is kinda given a vO issues instead of outright refusal such file can be sent for secondary review ( where another VO goes through it)

my thought is when your file is in line to be attended to it gives active process, when it’s been attended to you get active review

makano:
Application under active review = They are currently reviewing if you are eligible to study in Canada (Even tho Eligibility review has started on ur profile or not)i.e Ur finances and If the documents you submitted actually proofs to them if truly you are a genuine student or not.. Application under active Processing = They are currently doing a background check on you i.e Criminal records, Travel history to other countries(If you have any criminal records in the countries you have visited and also if you have at any point overstayed in those countries) e.t.c. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iwinosajack: 6:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
[quote author=makano post=72847361]Application under active review = They are currently reviewing if you are eligible to study in Canada (Even tho Eligibility review has started on ur profile or not)i.e Ur finances and If the documents you submitted actually proofs to them if truly you are a genuine student or not.. Application under active Processing = They are currently doing a background check on you i.e Criminal records, Travel history to other countries(If you have any criminal records in the countries you have visited and also if you have at any point overstayed in those countries) e.t.c. Peace

I think Makano is right. Why would they waste their time doing background & criminality checks if you can not pass minimum eligibility requirements! When application is received, a junior officer does the eligibility review (the completeness of the application and if the PA meets minimum criteria) and then make recommendations e.g “PA appears to qualify/ PA doesn’t appear to qualify for visa. The application is then passed to a senior officer who does background checks and other stuff that goes with the processing of the file and thereafter makes a decision. I think a different dept does the criminality checks ( not 100% sure)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
Okay,thanks.by what you said now.i have a further understanding of what it means now,my eligibility review hasnt even changed on my portal.
makano:

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.