Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,252 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (860345 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by tamaratare: 9:32am On Nov 13, 2018
Good morning nairalanders,
Please between applying online and paper route, which is faster? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2018
042viber12:

Sorry bro...u just have to write to school and tell dem the whole story...it's not u dat is delaying but them (the embassy)..also add dat u have already made arrangements to be there but still u have to wait for the visa...just add anything to let the school allow u to differ one more time preferably April/May 2019...

Den for the visa....send a mail again, tell dem your school has given you till 2nd November to be there or face the possibility of losing your admission entirely dy by wasting your money on fees( also state the amount in naira and in Canadian Dollars)...u might also add dat u will be taking legal actions if u don't get a decision b4 time (approval or denial)...I hope this helps..

They have diplomatic immunity. You cannot take legal action against them. Your only option is to wait and pray it ends in praises!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 10:06am On Nov 13, 2018
ralfudoh:

You are talking of July, what of we June applicants. June 21st, we are still here waiting. Hunkerbert of May 19th is still there. Then I know of someone from last year. Lemme not call his name before they will say I should spell it.......

Hahaha. Issorite! But it's not funny. A few people on the outliers I can handle. But a whole population of July applicants stuck between a rock and a hard place, is simply the definition of dereliction of duty. Anyways patience is a virtue and we are here waiting for a positive outcome IJN.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 10:06am On Nov 13, 2018
Aneeta133:

Majority of june applicants are still awaiting a response from CIC, not funny at all
wahlai ...im so pissed
I feel like sending them a ' fvck you mail'

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kazeemakeem(m): 10:22am On Nov 13, 2018
Kendrick213:
wahlai ...im so pissed

Good morning nairaland

Please can í get geniue link or website of company to apply for job in Canada from Nigeria (means the company sending me work visa from Nigeria..am curently a banker but wish to relocate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:38am On Nov 13, 2018
And you will get a big fvck u response grin, better chill, find something else to occupy ursef with while you wait patiently for ur Visa. It will end in praise for us all..
Kendrick213:
wahlai ...im so pissed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:39am On Nov 13, 2018
Mr Man, this is not the thread for what u asked for. This is a study permit thread for Canada and not what u are asking for. Kindly go to the Express entry thread and follow them by reading from the first part after which you can ask questions. Peace
Kazeemakeem:

Good morning nairaland

Please can í get geniue link or website of company to apply for job in Canada from Nigeria (means the company sending me work visa from Nigeria..am curently a banker but wish to relocate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MeinKampf: 10:49am On Nov 13, 2018
Austacus:

Be careful with word usage
You are not teaching them their job (hell nah) so be careful of what you write to them.
Yes, they are annoying but they are doing their job, you don’t tell them you are taking a legal action whilst your application is still on processing Cause, the outcome may not be funny

No offense taken or given
semantics plays no role in the outcome of your application. A different section handles your mails and enquiries not the VOs. But , it's nice to be polite all the same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
MeinKampf:

semantics plays no role in the outcome of your application. A different section handles your mails and enquiries not the VOs. But , it's nice to be polite all the same

Even if the VO handles the email. If you have worked directly with these Oyinbos, you will know that they don't do bad belle the way we do here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Karowizzy: 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
hi my name is wisdom I applied for student visa on 30th of August, did my biometrics 3rd of September then Got message for medicals 17th of October then I did my medicals 5th of November and passed it pls I want to ask for the possible time I might get my ppr because I'm really tired of waiting

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by canadabyfire: 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
Sometimes I am inclined to believe there is something fundamentally wrong with CIC's database for June through to August applicants.....it's so weird to hold applications this long........probably, the database crashed grin cheesy and they are still trying to recover the data. Even CIC customer service support in charge of responding to webpage and emails are already frustrated and are in recent times, venting their frustrations on helpless applicants.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 1:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
canadabyfire:
Sometimes I am inclined to believe there is something fundamentally wrong with CIC's database for June through to August applicants.....it's so weird to hold applications this long........probably, the database crashed grin cheesy and they are still trying to recover the data. Even CIC customer service support in charge of responding to webpage and emails are already frustrated and are in recent times, venting their frustrations on helpless applicants.
i thought about this too...nobody cares they should work harder and make whatever decision and stop wasting people time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
Karowizzy:
hi my name is wisdom I applied for student visa on 30th of August, did my biometrics 3rd of September then Got message for medicals 17th of October then I did my medicals 5th of November and passed it pls I want to ask for the possible time I might get my ppr because I'm really tired of waiting
you one lucky person...you should send them email and fill the webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
Any good news today from our London v.o's .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
Kemsure30:

@Frankrobbn1 thank u so much for the good work ,pls I tried sending u a msg but don’t know what’s going on ,I applied for my study permit since June 20th
Upfront medicals was passed 3rd of oct
Till date there is no news at all
Still on background check
I don’t want to give chances coz it’s gonna be 21weeks on Wednesday so I sent a mail to the school to defer to May 2019 but May is closed only sep 2019
I can’t say how long this application will take
What do u advise
Will appreciate ur response

I have responded check your mail!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
treeofhelp:
Dear All,

Please I need your advise.
I applied for Canada student visa in August 2018 but visa officer said he/she is not sure I will return to Nigeria after my study.
I was to study 8months program.
Below are the little info about mu application.
I am on paid job(employee) and I have family business that is being run by myself and my wife.(Genuine)
I submitted below documents along with receipt for full tuition fee.
1. Consent letter from my wife
2. Cover letter from myself
3. Certificate of incorporation from family business
4. Tenancy agreement on two acres of land owned by my wife and myself.
5. Survey plan on house owned by us (No C of O yet)
6. Family dependents are 3 my wife and 2 kids.
7. Introductory letter from my employer
8. 3 statement of accounts(my salary account, family savings account and family business account)
I have deferred my admission and I need to reapply with full force. Please I need your contributions on what was missing in the application.
I will appreciate all your contributions
treeofhelp,

You've a very good profile that can land you a TRV approval. It seems like you didn't write convincingly to why you're travelling to Canada to undertake your proposed program. Your home ties to Nigeria how was it addressed in your SOP? Did you list out the above documents (landed properties, and registered Bussiness) and explain in detail how those properties would induce your return after studies? Did you also let the visa officer know that you're leaving your beloved family behind and will be coming back to reunite with them?,. I am very much interested in your next application, your chances of getting approval is high.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
Asapant:
Henricson. Those african airlines you listed are also international airlines. Perharps you wanted to say compared to European or Asian airlines.

Ok oh. They are cheaper since they are based in Africa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
Am suspecting this too, its obvious their database for June- August applications have crashed ,mayb that was their reason for the frequent maintenance around that period. cos its not sensible holding up to applicants of June - August and replying to those that applied September and October. There is something fishy they are not disclosing... If their database have crahsed, they should just give everybody that applied from May -Ausgut approval since the fault is from them.. Am seriously suspecting those people..
canadabyfire:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
makano:
Am suspecting this too, its obvious their database for June- August applications have crashed ,mayb that was their reason for the frequent maintenance around that period. cos its not sensible holding up to applicants of June - August and replying to those that applied September and October. There is something fishy they are not disclosing... If their database have crahsed, they should just give everybody that applied from May -Ausgut approval since the fault is from them.. Am seriously suspecting those people..
I remembered they did biometric upgrade to 10yrs in July
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
nitrogen:
Hi guys, have been in the EE pool for some months, now I want to apply for student visa, do I need to exit the pool? Also, hope that wont affect my chances?
nitrogen,

I noticed nobody answered your question, reasons because this question has been discussed and answered countless times on this thread. That's why we encourage newbies to go through past threads to catch up with useful informations before coming to ask their questions here. I would also suggest you
READ THIS.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by BRANDYAK: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

treeofhelp,

You've a very good profile that can land you a TRV approval. It seems like you didn't write convincingly to why you're travelling to Canada to undertake your proposed program. Your home ties to Nigeria how was it addressed in your SOP? Did you list out the above documents (landed properties, and registered Bussiness) and explain in detail how those properties would induce your return after studies? Did you also let the visa officer know that you're leaving your beloved family behind and will be coming back to reunite with them?,. I am very much interested in your next application, your chances of getting approval is high.

Dear Frank, thank you for the selfless work you are doing on this thread. Please i have a very pertinent and sensitive qestion to ask you, dear please respond to my pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2018
songozi:
Hello Everyone. i want to apply for a 2nd masters, however, i heard that, if you have more than 5 years education gap, you might be rejected visa. i had my b.sc in 2001 and my masters was in 2012. Does this mean that, the V.O can refuse me student visa because of the gap?Though, i have work experience to show for it.
songozi,

Why second Master's degree instead of a PhD to show academic progression? The possibility of you getting an approval boils down to the rationality level of your SOP. Well, there are different ways you can adopt to convince the visa officer that you're truly a bona-fide applicant. Assuming that your first Master's program in Nigeria was a course based and your proposed masters in Canada a research based program, this will be logical to convince the VO. First, you can tell the visa officer that a research based Master's is what you need at this point in time as you intend furthering for your PhD in the nearest future and only a research based Master's can aid this. Secondly, You can make reference to the dearth of the unqualified lecturers in Nigerian institutions which you plan to occupy upon your return home and continue making conscious contributions to your society. Furthermore, elucidate in detail that you've been in gainful employment for the past 6 years and now travelling to Canada to advance your career prospects, better yourself and help the future of your home country. Also, your long and short term after study plan must be well demonstrated.

I drop my pen! Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
BRANDYAK:

Dear Frank, thank you for the selfless work you are doing on this thread. Please i have a very pertinent and sensitive qestion to ask you, dear please respond to my pm.

Thank you very much Sir! I have responded!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hello all, can I do medicals on a Saturday?.. So that I can book for appointment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
imoriafe:
Hello all, can I do medicals on a Saturday?.. So that I can book for appointment

Medicals are done during week days not weekends.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 13, 2018
Good day, pls I want to know if the medical call up comes before eligibility review and background check. I have submitted application but I have not heard anything or feedback since submission. The University contacted me if I would be resuming for Winter admission, I don’t even know what to tell them as much people wanted to enrol but they have limited space for the program. What’s your advice friends?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Goldenegg: 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
I also thought of it too o. Maybe the system crashed and they are not letting us know. It's better they refund our money so that we can move forward or re-apply.

makano:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sumthinglight08: 11:53pm On Nov 13, 2018
Good evening nairalanders and all the gurus in the house, is there anyone applying to or studying at the University of Victoria, BC (or know anyone at the University here) there? Your help with some information will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 2:59am On Nov 14, 2018
makano:

So many myths going on here. Someone last month said that all July and August applicants will receive a decision in early November. The truth is, nobody but CIC itself is privy to such information. Anybody who profers solution as to when an application will be decided based on a reliable source, is only speculating. CIC does not disclose such information to anybody, not even to an MP. The second myth going on now is that CIC website has crashed. I really don't think this is true. This is the 21st century. A Canadian government website crashing? Even if it crashed, is giving everyone that applied a TRV a sensible way of response? Ordering everyone that applied to submit their application again with no application fees would be the sensible response. That they have not done so tells me crashed website is not the problem, but a matter of backlog spilling from fall the most busiest season that London encountered. Now applications since late September and October and now are been channelled to less busy Kenya to allow London do background check and finish processing it's backlog. This is what makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayok90: 3:05am On Nov 14, 2018
Karowizzy:

Hi, plz is app paper or online?
Where did u do ur Medical

Dnt worry ur approval message is around d corner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Layooye: 6:42am On Nov 14, 2018
Please has anyone ever received biometrics validation mail, and did it come after medical request or before medical request?

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.