Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

When Oyinbo Get Malaria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Oyinbo Get Malaria (947 Views)

What Anti-malaria Can I Use For My 3 Month Old Baby / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? / A Cure For Malaria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Oyinbo Get Malaria by whiteroses(f): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2010
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/35/20100711/ten-cheryl-cole-unable-to-talk-764dee7.html

cheryl cole The 'Fight for this Love' singer has turned yellow from jaundice, is still on oxygen, and was hours from death following her infection with the disease - believed to have been caused by a mosquito bite. "We nearly lost her and the battle is far from over. She is so weak and this horrible illness has taken complete hold of her.
It got so bad she was literally only hours from death's door. Thank goodness she was diagnosed in time. Even now she can't talk. She drifts in and out of consciousness and when she comes round all she can do is sob.
The source added: "Cheryl's not going to be back for a long time. Seeing Cheryl like this is so painful. She could easily have dead. And she's not better, she's not even close. It's still a very serious situation and she's really going to have to battle."She won't be seen in public for at least two months.

Do you think they exagerrated a bit or does it affect them differently since their system is delicate plus malaria kills, when she felt ill she might not get malaria treatment cos they'd never think she caught malaria, so she could suffer bad time.
Re: When Oyinbo Get Malaria by Acidosis(m): 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2010
Malaria is a killer disease but many (especially Africans) aren't aware of the risk associated with the parasite.
Re: When Oyinbo Get Malaria by oyinda3(f): 6:16am On Jul 12, 2010
malaria is a big time killer disease even for Africans.
the only thing is that once u've had it as a baby and survived it, you develop some immunity to it so that it is not as dangerous when u get it again.

malaria is the #1 killer of infants in Africa by d way.
the children that survive grow up with increased immunity against it. if they leave the environment for a long time however, they may lose the immunity. so returning africans and foreigners better be extra careful about this killer disease.
Re: When Oyinbo Get Malaria by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 12, 2010
Had malaria the last time I went to naija.

The PURE WATER wasnt so pure.
Re: When Oyinbo Get Malaria by kay4fun(m): 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2010
Malaria is particularly devastating in Africa, where it is a leading killer of children and pregnant women. In fact, there are 10 new cases of malaria every second. Every 30 seconds, a child in Africa dies from a malaria infection. Awareness are being created on understading malaria.
When travelling to malaria endemic country, click this link for more info:

http://mykingbiz..com/2010/07/abcd-of-malaria-tips-when-traveling-to.html
Re: When Oyinbo Get Malaria by sleak(m): 11:28am On Jul 13, 2010
nothing conclusive says she's got malaria undecided
Re: When Oyinbo Get Malaria by agathamari(f): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2010
im white and i never showed any symptoms of malaria, went for a routin blood test and found it and was told my load was extremly high and was put on an iv for treatment here in nigeria, the dr shocked i had no symptoms. malaria is used as a managment for chronic lyme (carried by ticks) in canada and parts of the us and mexico and was used to treat syphilis in europe and the us/canada untill penicillin came about. have heard of many people in the service comming home with malaria and not knowing about it till haveing their routine screenings. it sounds like she has had it for a good long while and is only showing late stage symptoms. check with dr without boarders, not an uncommon thing even with thier doctors.
Re: When Oyinbo Get Malaria by Manofsteel(m): 10:21pm On Jul 14, 2010
Ms. Cole probably didnt have malaria. Mosquitoes also transmit DENGUE FEVER.
Re: When Oyinbo Get Malaria by Hauwa1: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2010
why you no use USS ileke to ship deer park to nigeria, village girl grin

only mosquito dey cause malaria.
typhoid is from bad pure water

Ileke-IdI:

Had malaria the last time I went to naija.

The PURE WATER wasnt so pure.
Re: When Oyinbo Get Malaria by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 16, 2010
*Hauwa*:

why you no use USS ileke to ship deer park to nigeria, village girl grin

only mosquito dey cause malaria.
typhoid is from bad pure water

grin grin grin Then something else dey inside that pure water.
Re: When Oyinbo Get Malaria by dominique(f): 7:58am On Jul 16, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

grin grin grin Then something else dey inside that pure water.

but that wasn't what caused your "malaria" grin

(1) (Reply)

Quick And Easy Tips For A Flat Stomach / Will "TRUVADA" Really Prevent HIV? / Exposure With Hiv Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.