Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,621 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun (1281 Views)

President Buhari Receives Dimeji Bankole And Gbenga Daniels At Aso Rock Villa / Dimeji Bankole And Aisha Shinkafi Saidu Wedding Pictures / Adeleke Family Alleges Betrayal, Rejects 2022 PDP Gov Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by usibengate(m): 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2018
https://punchng.com/breaking-ex-speaker-dimeji-bankole-clinches-adp-governorship-ticket-in-ogun/

Samuel Awoyinfa, Abeokuta
A former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole on Saturday emerged as the governorship candidate of the Action Democratic Party in Ogun State ahead of the general elections in 2019.
The returning officer, Chamberlain Amadu, disclosed this at a press conference held at the party secretariat located in Onikolobo area of Abeokuta.
He also said the daughter of late Moshood Abiola, the winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, Aderinsola Abiola, won the primary ticket of the party for the House of Representatives for Abeokuta North/Odeda/Obafemi-Owode Federal Constituency.
Amadu commended the state executive council and members of the party for good conduct before, during and after the congress.
He added that the contest was free, fair and credible.
He explained that the congress took place in all the 20 Local Government Areas and 236 wards in the state, and it produced all other candidates in the three Senatorial Districts, as well as the other slots for the House of Representatives.
He said, “I commended the party for the good conduct of the primaries. The election took place in all 20 Local Government Areas, and the 236 wards, with the participation of all delegates.
“The election was peaceful, fair and credible. So by the power conferred on me as the Returning Officer, I hereby declare the former Speaker House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole as the party’s governorship candidate in Ogun State, in the forthcoming general elections.”

Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by peterson: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
This is one dude who at some point seemed like a figure to watch out for in the Nigerian political sphere. I don't know what happened to him and how he has gone into oblivion.

Power is indeed transient...life

8 Likes

Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 06, 2018
peterson:
This is one dude who at some point seemed like a figure to watch out for in the Nigerian political sphere. I don't know what happened to him and how he has gone into oblivion.

Maybe he fought the wrong guys and stepped on the wrong toes.

2 Likes

Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 06, 2018
The thief has come again
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by kokoA(m): 11:37pm On Oct 06, 2018
Him mates dey contest for presidency..
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by Xisnin(m): 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2018
peterson:

He stoled more than his mates.

1 Like

Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by cosby02(m): 11:58pm On Oct 06, 2018
Is he still alive?

1 Like

Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by duduade: 12:55am On Oct 07, 2018
You don't mean it

Even this one too
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 07, 2018
undecided
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by Nobody: 3:19am On Oct 07, 2018
The first youth criminal
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by sincerlyyo(m): 3:45am On Oct 07, 2018
He stayed back in the sinking PDP ship. He should have joined APC

peterson:

Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by KanwuliaMama: 3:49am On Oct 07, 2018
At least he recognizes APC is not an option! grin
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by truthfulparrot(m): 5:25am On Oct 07, 2018
Efcc will soon turn their satellite to his direction.
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by Printerscanner: 5:42am On Oct 07, 2018
Dimeji Bankole's father named Chief Alani Bankole is the current Ogboni Chief Lodge (Oluwo) of Egbaland. His son too Dimeji Bankole is a high ranking member of the Ogboni. If you doubt me, ask Google.com. We do not want cultists and ritualists leading the country into destruction.
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by helinues: 5:57am On Oct 07, 2018
peterson:

He didn't meet up to expectation. Also a bit greedy and stingy.
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by helinues: 6:00am On Oct 07, 2018
Printerscanner:
Dimeji Bankole's father named Chief Alani Bankole is the current Ogboni Chief Lodge (Oluwo) of Egbaland. His son too Dimeji Bankole is a high ranking member of the Ogboni. If you doubt me, ask Google.com. We do not want cultists and ritualists leading the country into destruction.

Stop spreading a lie on internet. I am not a fan of Dimeji though.
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by Ategberoson(m): 6:05am On Oct 07, 2018
what's breaking about the news? who has the popularity to outsmart his election among the contestant in a party like ADP
Re: NEWS BREAKING: Ex-speaker, Dimeji Bankole Clinches ADP Gov Ticket In Ogun by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:08am On Oct 07, 2018
I need to get my PVC ooo,

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Rises On World Prosperity Index — First Time Ever / Yoruba vs Igbo vs Edo on 2023 presidency / Atiku Weeps As Crowd Gather At Jigawa State Presidential Campaign Rally (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.