Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! (21408 Views)

Salvation Ministry : Best Prayer Camp Portharcourt / Prayer Camp Bayelsa - Best Prayer Camp South South Nigeria / Best Prayer Camp In Rivers State - Prayer Camps In Portharcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by SentofGod: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Benekruku:

You are brilliant

But the dumbs one wont read

Praying abnormal prayers

Even their pastors know prayers dont work

They collect physical cash from them and tell them to pray for prosperity in advance
is it ur money that they are paying
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by SentofGod: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
thatigboman:
that book called bible is pure fiction. The greatest hoax on earth
. Wow, the Bible is a fiction, in ur entire life on Earth what fiction have u produced or written. Pls the Bible ( word of God)is life to them that find it

1 Like

Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
"It is not your physical position that matters but the position of your heart."
If we abide in him and his word abide in us, we will pray and he will hear, no matter what position we choice to pray in.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by SAMBARRY: 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
CuteMadridista:
Whether you kneel or jump while praying is inconsequential as it wouldn't stop prayers from being useless, ineffective and a total waste of time

there are actual scientific studies on prayer (eg Templeton Foundation research). Not one has ever shown any connection between prayer and real world outcomes. The only connection is that people who pray BELIEVE that their prayers are answered mostly because humans are designed to ignore all the facts that don't fit their beliefs. But the FACT is, we have studied prayer and it appears to have zero effect on anything

You would have the same success praying to a milk
jug as you do praying to yahweh -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because yahweh knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say yahweh answered your prayer, it was just delayed. This is nonsense. You would have the exact same effect doing nothing.

Prayers are proven to be useless whether done while kneeling, running, skipping or sheeting. Prayer is a waste of time and time spent to pray should've been better spent looking for practical solutions

Nigerians keep praying for long life and now has life expectancy of 54.5 years (the 7th lowest in the world) while a prayerless Japan comprising of atheist majority has a life expectancy of 83.7 years (highest in the world)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Nigeria is filled with a population that prays against poverty but she's just been branded "Poverty Capital of the World" http://punchng.com/with-87m-poor-citizens-nigeria-overtakes-india-as-worlds-poverty-capital/

once again, Prayers are useless
I totally disagree with you.prayer works and God answers prayers.the only time prayer doesn't work is when you pray but use your actions to negate the prayer.e.g praying for success or financial breakthrough but at the same time you are lazy.you arent ready to research about the product,do things that will attract potential customers and go out of your way to improve your marketing skills,it cannot work.prayer only works when you have put your faith to action as the Bible said FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD

How ever in the case of Nigeria, we are religious, yet goddess. There's a difference. The Bible spoke about it when he said those having the form of godliness (pretending to be holy) by lacking affection,vile,vain and brutish.yes we pray but they negate their prayers with their vile actions and the same bible also said the prayers of the wicked is an abomination unto God. Take or leave i t Nigerians are brutally wicked which is one of the reasons God hasn't accepted the prayers of Nigerians. Everyday blood is being shed,kidnapping, human rituals,raping of kids and perverting Justice. Sadly pastors are among.you think their blood Will not cry out to God for vengeance?

1 Like

Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by spencekat(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
Any position or posture is okay. As for me,I prefer walking around especially when I am praying alone.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by Blabbermouth: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
CuteMadridista:
Whether you kneel or jump while praying is inconsequential as it wouldn't stop prayers from being useless, ineffective and a total waste of time

there are actual scientific studies on prayer (eg Templeton Foundation research). Not one has ever shown any connection between prayer and real world outcomes. The only connection is that people who pray BELIEVE that their prayers are answered mostly because humans are designed to ignore all the facts that don't fit their beliefs. But the FACT is, we have studied prayer and it appears to have zero effect on anything

jug as you do praying to yahweh -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because yahweh knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say yahweh answered your prayer, it was just delayed. This is nonsense. You would have the exact same effect doing nothing.

Prayers are proven to be useless whether done while kneeling, running, skipping or sheeting. Prayer is a waste of time and time spent to pray should've been better spent looking for practical solutions

Nigerians keep praying for long life and now has life expectancy of 54.5 years (the 7th lowest in the world) while a prayerless Japan comprising of atheist majority has a life expectancy of 83.7 years (highest in the world)

Nigeria is filled with a population that prays against poverty but she's just been branded "Poverty Capital of the World" http://punchng.com/with-87m-poor-citizens-nigeria-overtakes-india-as-worlds-poverty-capital/

I just love silently reading comments on naira land.
But u made me open an account today..
If u really want to be convinced I could do just that..
But d real question u should ask ursef is
"Do u really wanna know with proof, if God exist" or u are just an atheist dat wants to back his false belief against anyone dat says otherwise..
My first question is "Let's assume God doesn't truly exist.. Kindly explain to us all how evrytin came into existence "
With or without proof.. Any valid explanation

2 Likes

Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by OjeabuluOdion(m): 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
CuteMadridista:

So you are this stupid

1 Like

Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by Bianda24: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
Amazingman:
We nairalanders should try change something about the kind of life we want to live. If its a free world pls sir kimdly create ur own O2

You don't need to create your own water before you know that you are in a free world. All things are created by the Supernatural. But the supernatural freely gives us the ability to initiate our thought process which gives us leverage over animals and brutes. So on nairaland, anybody can say anything he likes which is an amagma of his thought process.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by Brownshugar69: 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
whizcartel:
He is actually right and I agree with him on a philosophical angle... But God's work supersede the thought of mere mortals.

When he dies he will answer to God on the philosophical side.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by Brownshugar69: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
OjeabuluOdion:

So you are this stupid

Don’t mind the fool. The Bible says only a fool will say there is no God. He that does not believe in God is condemned already
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by Amazingman(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bianda24:

You don't need to create your own water before you know that you are in a free world. All things are created by the Supernatural. But the supernatural freely gives us the ability to initiate our thought process which gives us leverage over animals and brutes. So on nairaland, anybody can say anything he likes which is an amagma of his thought process.

So is the world free for u?
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by xerxes456(m): 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
Amazingman:

So is the world free for u?

The world is not free, as long as there are laws you must abide by and the fear of death exists, there's no freedom even for the free thinker, but there's liberty in Christ, for we do not seek to fulfil the works of the flesh(meeting up with the demands of the laws of the world) rather we walk in the spirit (under the lordship of Christ) above those laws, so... there it is, there's so much liberty in Christ, not even death can scare us...{those in Christ}...
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by omojeesu(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bianda24:

Yes, Our God cares and our Lord Jesus Christ cares too, we humans don't care if anybody makes unfounded comment about Jesus and prayer, he or she will experience something that will put him/her on the kneels to pray.

We too should care. They need our intercession! God loves them. Jesus died for them. Intercession brought some to salvation in Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by DedeNkem: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2018
Moshud1979:
Please answer the follow question :
Where did your soul come from and where will it go to when you die ?

Most religion claim that there's more to self than the brain. The traditional belief is that human sentience and selfhood are conveyed via some kind of nonphysical substance, often called a "soul." I personally call it conscious identity.
When you die everything about you will cease to exist too. Also nothing about you existed prior to when you were concieved.

Why is your flesh not looks like that of Goat ?

This question makes no sense. It is the same as asking why we don't look like the trees or frogs, etc. A human is not the only organism that exists. And a human shares similar DNA with other organisms. In other words, we're related to goats, worms, chimps, snakes, trees, etc.

, Who made the heaven ?, who made the earth ?

There's no proof that "heaven" exists. If you any evidence, please provide it. Yes, earth exists and we live on it. Earth wasn't "created" by any imaginary being. At least, there's no evidence that indicates that is the case. Religious people are fond of attributing anything they're confused about or have no clue of, to god.

Please I will be happy if you can answer the question, thank you

I hope I've answered your questions. If you need more clarification on any religious subject I recommend a youtube channel called "The Atheist Experience" where religious people get anawers to their questions.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by DedeNkem: 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
whizcartel:
First, Check the definition of the Universe and Check for the Definition of God.

What has that got to do with presenting an evidence of your imaginary god's existence?
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by DedeNkem: 2:03am On Oct 08, 2018
Ioannes:
Actually it is more than enough proof that it was created. Have you asked yourself how you came to be here? And what happens to your consciousness after you die? Have you asked yourself where everything came from? Have you heard of the theory of Cause And Effect, that nothing happens unless acted upon by a force? A paper bag doesn't just blow across the parking lot unless there is breeze to blow it? An apple doesn't just disappear from the jar ulrss some fingers snitched it? The big bang doesn't just bang unless somebody banged whatever banged? The more you ask questions, the more you realize that there is indeed an Eternal, Living Force that always was and always will be that started everything off.

You can't just attribute anything to your imaginary god simply because you have no clue how that came about! For instance, if you discover a very strange and unknown footprint and someone asks you, "what did that?" and you replied, "I don't know". That's where your response should end. You don't later say it MUST be a dog's footprint, when you have no clue what actually did it!

There's something called "The god of the gaps", it is a term used to describe religious perspectives in which gaps in scientific knowledge are used as evidence or proof of god's existence.

Do you know that there are people around you who have false opinions about you even though they see you everyday? Does that change who you truly are?

At least, those around me have evidence that I exist. So your example is misplaced.

That humans down the ages have tried to understand where they came from and how they came to be here and are making mistakes along the way It doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. We must not conclude about God by the mistakes we make. The brightest created intelligence can never ever grasp the full meaning of the concept called God.

Finding out whether your imaginary god exists or not has nothing to with human mistakes! If your god exists how come there's no proof of it? Why is he or she or it hiding? It makes absolutely no sense!
If according to you, "the brightest created intelligence can never ever grasp the full meaning of the concept called God", how come you believe in something you can never gasp concept of? In other words, if you don't know what something is, why say you know it is god? Again it makes no sense.

That you don't see something and have only heard about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Yes, but it depends. We don't see gravity but we can demonstrate it exists. We also don't see wind but we can feel it and see what it does. Those cannot be said of your imaginary god.

Scientists tell you that the planet Pluto exists and you believe despite haven never seen it.

Firstly, Pluto is not a planet. Secondly, scientists descovered Pluto with proof of its existence. Also, they sent a probe called "New Horizon" that flew by it. You can see the pictures it sent back to earth. More importantly, you don't need a scientist to see Pluto. All you need is a good telescope.

Science tells you that there are molecules and atoms and ions and there one Andromeda galaxy some billions of light years away from our own puny Milky Way Galaxy and you believe even though you've never seen these things before.

Your questions are all the same. Scientists have proof of anything they believe exists, unlike religious people.

Yet when you are told to turn your mind to the fact that it's not possible for all these things to happen by accident and that there is indeed an unseen Creator somewhere, you say you don't believe?

Nature has no obligation to make sense to anyone. That you have no clue how anything came about doesn't mean an "unseen creator" did it. If that's the only way you could proof your god's existence then it is very disappointing.

Where did humans come from? Created or evolved. If evolved, evolved from what, from where??

Go read about human evolution. Try wikipedia to get all the details you need.

Can a non-aware entity like a stone evolve into an intelligent, self aware being like the man?

Your comparism of an inanimate object with a human, makes absolutely no sense! But at least, stone and human exist.

The good thing about Science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by DedeNkem: 2:22am On Oct 08, 2018
Bianda24:

I was not rude, I just stated the obvious. Nobody cares, anybody can hold any belief, it's a free world.

No. You were rude.

The subject or my response to the thread wasn't about whether anyone cares or should anyone hold any belief or whether we're in a free world or not.

If you don't care about the subject of any thread or a response that's not directed to you, then there's absolutely no reason for you to respond the way you did! It makes you look st*upid and I believe you're not.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by whizcartel(m): 6:54am On Oct 08, 2018
Brownshugar69:

When he dies he will answer to God on the philosophical side.
Naso.... That's why there is the spiritual and only a few people have that deep understanding.

1 Like

Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by whizcartel(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2018
DedeNkem:

What has that got to do with presenting an evidence of your imaginary god's existence?
Bros... You are not ready to be open minded. You are just looking for argument were it is not willing to argue. please don't drag me into the evil forest of religion arguments Thank you for understanding sir. Have a pleasant day ahead.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by DedeNkem: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2018
whizcartel:
Bros... You are not ready to be open minded. You are just looking for argument were it is not willing to argue. please don't drag me into the evil forest of religion arguments Thank you for understanding sir. Have a pleasant day ahead.

You are falsely alleging that I'm not open-minded simply because I asked for a legitimate evidence of your imaginary god's existence? LOL.

You guys claim your god is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient, and yet you can't proof your god's existence.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by Bianda24: 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
DedeNkem:

No. You were rude.

The subject or my response to the thread wasn't about whether anyone cares or should anyone hold any belief or whether we're in a free world or not.

If you don't care about the subject of any thread or a response that's not directed to you, then there's absolutely no reason for you to respond the way you did! It makes you look st*upid and I believe you're not.
You have just steered the honet nest and be ready for it's sting. I thought you are a reasonable person but now I can see that you lack cogitation.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by DedeNkem: 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2018
Bianda24:

You have just steered the honet nest and be ready for it's sting. I thought you are a reasonable person but now I can see that you lack cogitation.

Is that all you got? Going about responding to threads with "no one cares.." and contributing absolutely nothing meaningful, showed you're the one who definitely lacks cogitation, big time.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by Bianda24: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2018
DedeNkem:

Is that all you got? Going about responding to threads with "no one cares.." and contributing absolutely nothing meaningful, showed you're the one who definitely lacks cogitation, big time.

you must be a slowpoke to have responded. That is how morons behave. I thought I could ratiocinate with you but you proved the spec you are made of. It's a pity. Lol, really pitious of you.
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by virago(f): 5:56am On Oct 09, 2018
Ioannes:

Take a look in the mirror. If that doesn't convince you of the existence of God, nothing will.

I still can't understand how there can be humans with functioning wills and minds who still think God does not exist.

In case you didn't think about it before, let me tell you here, it is NOT possible for an unintelligent, random force to create or form intelligent beings such as humans.

This is the only thing you religionist say to prove a non existent God
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by virago(f): 5:57am On Oct 09, 2018
Bianda24:

You don't need to change, nobody cares if you change, and you won't add anything to the world if you change. You can as well continue with your belief. Nobody cares.

It is not a belief , it is the truth
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by virago(f): 5:58am On Oct 09, 2018
LegalOpinion:

So where is the exact position of heaven?

Heaven only exist in your mind
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by virago(f): 6:22am On Oct 09, 2018
OjeabuluOdion:
So you are this stupid
You are the stupid one sir
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by virago(f): 6:23am On Oct 09, 2018
Brownshugar69:

Don’t mind the fool. The Bible says only a fool will say there is no God. He that does not believe in God is condemned already

Your Bible is the foolish book
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by Firebomber: 8:17am On Oct 09, 2018
Aboki99:

According to the Holly Bible the only Scripturally-supported prayer position is doing as Jesus did in Matt 26:39. Other Biblical prophets also did the same in Gen 17:3, Neh 8:6, etc. What is that bro.? Falling down on your face to pray as the Muslims do. "Moving a little further, Jesus fell down on his face and prayed" - Matthew 26 v39. This is the only way to pray and if you say it is not, just supply me your own Bibblical proofs NOT INSULTS! JESUS PRAYED AS MUSLIMS DO! Just follow Jesus if you truly have faith and obey his commandments!

you people again, how does the way Jesus pray take relate to your gymnastic exercise in the name of prayer
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by DedeNkem: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2018
Bianda24:

you must be a slowpoke to have responded. That is how morons behave. I thought I could ratiocinate with you but you proved the spec you are made of. It's a pity. Lol, really pitious of you.

Oh! You seemed to have garnered some energy. I like that. But next time, get an intelligent person to read-proof before you hit 'enter'.

You were shocked I responded. I understand because it's usually prudent to ignore imb*eciles, who have zero intellectual contribution whatsoever to anything, but love being nasty and rude on the internet while hiding behind a keyboard.

Good for you!
Re: The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! by Brownshugar69: 10:51am On Oct 09, 2018
virago:

Your Bible is the foolish book

Good. When you die you will defend this comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bible God And His Share Of Virgins And Other War Booty / Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King / Winners' Chapel Celebrates 40th Anniversary Via Prophetic Feast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.