Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,749 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle (39677 Views)

D'banj Shows His 'Shaku Shaku' Dancing Skills (Video) / Wizkid And Burna Boy Show Their Shaku Shaku Dancing Skills In London / Funke Akindele Shows Her "Shaku Shaku" Dancing Skills (Video, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by UZDNews: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
Oluwafemi Oladapo Oke-Eko, who was born on 22 August 1982. Popularly known by his stage name, Slimcase, is a Nigerian musician and songwriter.

Watch full biography video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkU2QVqE-BE

In the last six months, the Ikorodu, Lagos-born singer who intentionally dropped out of school to pursue his passion for music, has stayed relevant on the music space with collaborations including Oshozondi with DJ Sides, Shepeteri with Idowest, Issabanger with D’banj and Mr. Real; Diet with DJ Enimoney, Tiwa Savage, and Reminisce, and Shempe with DJ Xclusive and Miz Kiss.
Slimcase, who plans to drop a new single, Otunba Lamba, immediately after the conclusion of his UK tour in May, bragged that his musical collaborations with DJ Sides and Idowest gave the now famous Shaku Shaku dance prominence, a feat even A-List artistes failed to achieve.
“Shaku Shaku dance has been here for a while but there was no song to bring it out to the main stream. It was when my collaborations, Oshozondi and Shepeteri dropped that people now saw a platform to dance it. That’s why my name is tagged on the Shaku Shakudance. Mr. Real dropped his Legbegbe song at about the same time too and it became a hit; that’s why we’re both tagged with Shaku Shaku dance. Also, due to my non-stop collaborations becoming hits back to back with videos as back up, the streets now see me as the frontliner,” he boasted.
Though, Slimcase hasn’t been crowned king of street music, he has decided to crown himself next in command to whoever is the king. “No one has come out to say I am the king of the street. But I am the one that’s out to say I am ‘Otunba Lamba’ and the street accepts it like that because they saw the delivery. And if anyone says they are kings of the street let him say it out. And by God’s grace I created all my lambas with my own very style, I’m not sounding like anyone.”

Slimcase is the new voice of the street but before he found his way to the limelight, he had had it rough. In an exclusive chat with Saturday Beats, the Oshozondi singer said that he once worked as a factory worker for about ten years where he earned about N15,000 per month. “Before fame found me, I worked as a factory boy for about ten years. I worked with Dangote and a lot of companies that produce dry gin. I earned about N15,000 per month but now, I am one of the most sought-after artistes and I charge about N1m per show,” he said.

Three years after he began working as a factory worker, he decided to give music a shot but chose the rap genre, a move that did not pay him at all. After embracing ghetto sound, he decided to switch genre; a decision which has turned him to one of the rave-of the-moment artistes.
“I never believed that I would be this big within a short period of time. I have been in the industry for about seven years but when I started, I was a rap artiste, I did radio-friendly songs but my life and music changed when the Shaku Shaku trend came on board. Before I released my hit song, ‘Oshozondi,’ the guys on the streets of Mushin and Agege area had been dancing the Shaku Shaku dance but there was no beat that blended with their songs. They had been looking for a peculiar beat that would be rhythmic with the sound but the likes of Davido and Wizkid were giving them posh songs till I came on board and released the ‘Oshozondi’ song and the beat was purely for the street; it was pure Shaku Shaku beat. The trend of the new song and the dance step just came out at the perfect time and it worked for me. Before I knew it, they started dancing Shaku Shaku to my song and people began to believe that I was the one that originated Shaku Shaku. After the ‘Oshozondi,’ the ‘Legbegbe’ song came on board,” he said.

It appears as if he is the new King Midas of the music industry as every artiste both established and unknown seek to have collaboration with him. He told Saturday Beats that he thought he had a prank call when he was invited to sing with D’banj. “I never imagined the likes of D’banj or Tiwa Savage featuring me in a song but it has happened and next week, I am releasing another song with Wizkid. It was after the ‘Legbegbe’ song trended that I got a call from someone in D’banj’s camp for a feature with him because the sound was already trending on the mainland. After that, I got a call from DJ Enimoney and we did a song that featured the likes of Tiwa Savage and Reminisce,” he said.
Despite the fact that most people are speculating that he is a threat to the likes of Olamide, Lil Kesh and Small Doctor, the singer noted that he was simply their colleague and not a threat.

“I am not a threat to the likes of Olamide, Lil Kesh or Small Doctor but people may think I am because I have brought a new sound from the street to the industry. People just like the way I do my thing because in my songs, you cannot easily decipher if I am singing or talking. They just love the uniqueness of my style. Everyone is doing well in their own lane. I just thank God for where I am today,” Slimcase said.
The singer emphasised that the Shaku Shaku songs do not promote immorality.

“The Shaku Shaku songs are street songs from the innermost parts of the ghetto. These songs only paint the picture of what happens in the innermost parts of the ghetto. Someone just has to sing about things like that,” he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkU2QVqE-BE

Source: https://www.Youtube.com/UzomediaTV

lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by UZDNews: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2018

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Bamidey: 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
10years as factory worker; 7years in the industry...next year you gon' see him celebrating 24years birthday

75 Likes

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by UZDNews: 4:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
more...

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by UZDNews: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bamidey:
10years as factory worker; 7years in the industry...next year you gon' see him celebrating 24years birthday

grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by author1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
o ya ji ma sun.....shepe! sizamigaja.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by BruncleZuma: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
What is this?

3 Likes

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by celebgistz: 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Bigajeff(m): 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
Rubii! Rubilearnshi! O ti wa online on a shakushaku diet

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
It's all a phase.....

4 Likes

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by miqos02(m): 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
Lol
Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by btaliat(m): 8:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nawao...Mr. Real wi soon come to claim he's the king of shaku shaky dance.
Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Japsylee: 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
Abeg which school u dey @ 36 years? Hope it's masters ABI PhD??
Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by moscobabs(m): 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
Na Biography be this?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by ClassicMG(m): 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
Shaku shaku truly originated from agege, it was all this awawa boys that come up with it

5 Likes

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by egwekwe: 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
E
Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Skookum(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bamidey:
chairman calm down d guy said he was born in 1982 so obviously hes nt hiding his age

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by IamAlexander: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
For those who can relate grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by shurleysky: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
The guy no go school ni, abi no educational background
Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
Usher Ray!
Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Splasshhh(f): 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
OK o
Nice meeting you.

Check out my signature
Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Mubarak05(m): 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
awon Omo shepeteri

1 Like

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by NIGHTMAREOO7: 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
So na this guy sing that useless Agbero song with no meaniful lyrics..
No wonder, he is an illiterate,
That's d kind of songs that will make wave in Nigeria.
When better musicians with good musics are pushed aside coz of sentiments

Foolish people

13 Likes

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
shurleysky:
The guy no go school ni, abi no educational backgrounpd

U still dey look for school information...dude's worth millions by just jumping around stage...did he tell you he wants to apply for political position..ur president go university..??

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Timil: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
There's nothing to know, celebrate nor emulate from all this yahoo boys cum musician

1 Like

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by creamylicious(f): 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bamidey:
bet we saw his date of birth there na......1982

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Meekdon: 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
Olamide is the only king of the street

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by NIGHTMAREOO7: 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
undecided undecided
Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by congorasta: 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
Japsylee:
Abeg which school u dey @ 36 years? Hope it's masters ABI PhD??

ask Jay-Z,, ask tuface

5 Likes

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by Lekan1o1: 8:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
NIGHTMAREOO7:
So na this guy sing that useless Agbero song with no meaniful lyrics..
No wonder, he is an illiterate,
That's d kind of songs that will make wave in Nigeria.
When better musicians with good musics are pushed aside coz of sentiments

Foolish people

Indeed I tell u bro how I hate that song.

1 Like

Re: Shaku Shaku Crooner, Slimcase Biography, Age And Lifestyle by chukssy05(m): 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
just hope ur career don't die like d dance (shaku shaku)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charles Inojie Shares 23 Years Throwback Photos Of When He Started Acting / D'banj & His Freshest Beard Land Amsterdam (photos) / Davido, Sina Rambo, Asa Asika, Bred And Peju's Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.