Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:47 PM

Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon (1716 Views)

Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close / Construction Of Transportation University To Start Very Soon - Rotimi Amaechi / 4 EKSU Lecturers Die Of Hunger In 2 Months Over Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by blingxx(m): 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by kingphilip(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
are some of them not in the mortuary? can't you remember others too who are six feet below?

Everyone goes through this particular phase of life where they're seemingly far behind but I must tell you also those friends you are envying too some are at the verge of depression even though they're graduates.

take out some time and do a little check of your life like 10 years back and see what you were passionate about and how you hoped to achieve them until things went south and after that, restrategize and move forward towards achieving that dream

it's really in you to be great, rise and act for your set time is come

congratulations because I see you achieving something great soonest and that's only possible if you get out of this near depression phase with high spirit

I've been there but I keep telling myself its a phase that'll pass really soon and luckily enough, it's far far beyond me now

7 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by clive2u(m): 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
if u drop out and jamb starts jamming u nko?
if u want to drop out for u , do it but if u want to drop out to be like ur cool graduated frnds then the depression ur going tru right now na beans compared to the future's. i might be wrong u know

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by Donwyz(m): 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
blingxx:
please I need your advice , I'm currently a 200L student at adeniran ogunsaya college of education.. a part time student (lectures are only on fri-sun) I teach in a primary school during the week with an average salary of 12k... I'm thinking of dropping out because I think I've made a terrible choice, I think I'm going to take jamb again next year because I'm really depressed right now..some of my friends back in secondary school are already graduates right now
I feel your pain....I am somehow in a similar situation..... my brother tells me this; "never you compare your self to anybody" and whenever I remember that, it takes away my depression...... just focus on yourself.... you are all you've got....things would surely be well......it takes only time

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by ayotukanmi(f): 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
blingxx:
please I need your advice , I'm currently a 200L student at adeniran ogunsaya college of education.. a part time student (lectures are only on fri-sun) I teach in a primary school during the week with an average salary of 12k... I'm thinking of dropping out because I think I've made a terrible choice, I think I'm going to take jamb again next year because I'm really depressed right now..some of my friends back in secondary school are already graduates right now

Pls don't stop out, you should have one year left of you are an NCE student. There's more to life than having a degree. Finish your course please. What gives you the hope that when you drop out and write jamb you will get admission. Finish your course and take D, E into the university. Admission isn't easy to find at all. Pls finish.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
blingxx:
give me your number let's talk
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by 1stNumeroUno: 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
I wonder how this children think at all. It's important for you to know yourself first in life. Even if ALL your mate have graduated, did that one stop your destiny? Are you sure they're happy with their lives you're envying today?

My words might be hard, I'm sorry but I won't delete it.

Get through with your NCE programme, it remains just a year. While at that start planning for the next move. Make sure you talk to an adult that can also encourage, support and guide you more.

Nice week!
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by Ocheinstein(m): 1:32am On Oct 08, 2018
Your first failure is you continuously look at your mates and give yourself a name. Stop that and see yourself excel. Secondly and most importantly, if you haven't given your life to Jesus Christ, pls do so. You will find a guaranteed destiny from he who created you. He knows the plans he has for you. Why don't you go to the source of your blue print? God bless you

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by blingxx(m): 4:02am On Oct 08, 2018
Ocheinstein:
Your first failure is you continuously look at your mates and give yourself a name. Stop that and see yourself excel. Secondly and most importantly, if you haven't given your life to Jesus Christ, pls do so. You will find a guaranteed destiny from he who created you. He knows the plans he has for you. Why don't you go to the source of your blue print? God bless you

thank you
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by otipoju(m): 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
Every man has his race to run. Never ever compare yourself to others. Your time will surely come as long as you do the little things well.

Each time you feel bad because you think you are behind, remind yourself that you are in a position right now that others are praying for.

You are in NCE second year, some of your mates are still struggling to pass O levels.

Life is not 100 meters dash....it is a marathon full of twists and turns and highs and lows.

If you stop judging yourself in relation to others, you will neither feel inferior to anyone nor superior to anyone.

No one can oppress you with their achievements, neither will you have tbe desire to oppress, boast or brag about your achievements to others.

Set your goals, move quietly in the direction of your targets, ...cause real men move in silence.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by Hahjascho(m): 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2018
blingxx:

I also feel for you, it's a times not easy "doing what you don't like"..

But end your current program and offer you best 2 it.
Then ,humbly think and be truthful 2 yourself and capabilities to know what gives you Passion and motivation then, seriously go after it with specific goals

NEVER EVER COMPARE! BUT RATHER LET YOUR GOALS KEEP YOU BUSY
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by Shoelace1(f): 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2018
please, do not drop out of school. If you really want to find peace, do not compare yourself with others! you have your life to live and they have theirs. You can always do a DE into any university of your choice after your NCE and that will be an added advantage to you if you really know what you're doing. You don't need to be depressed, focus on God and your education. This is just a phase of life, it will pass.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by Tony142: 11:59pm On Oct 08, 2018
Let me tell u one secret, it those not matter weather ur friends are graduate or not,

because dat those not mean dey will success more than u, because there are millions of graduate in Nigeria and no jobs

some graduate can not even boast of that 12k u are earning, yesterday i was in the job/vacancy section were some graduate were even saying dey regret going to school,
my brother education is NOT the KEY, at the end of my post i will tell u what the real KEY is, later

my landlord is an illerate but has 5 graduate dat are working for him

Now let me Analys your post

blingxx:
please I need your advice ,

No, u did not need our advice, u already have the advice u need, this is what i mean, i went through ur profile and i saw ur Personal text which says

"life doesn't get easier you
only get stronger"

dat is just d fact, u may feel deppresed right now because ur mate are ahead of u, but trust me the best revenge to handle such situation is success, and for u to succeed u have to get stronger just as it is writen in your personal text, bro get up, man up, get stronger and fight again, because it not too late

I'm currently a 200L student at adeniran ogunsaya college of education.. a part time student (lectures are only on fri-sun) [/quote]

Nice1 bro

I teach in a primary school during the week with an average salary of 12k [/quote]

Trust me, some graduate can not boast of that salary, some recieve as low as 10k, i have about 3 of dem in my street here self, if i tell u their salary u will cry 4 dem, there is one dat has 1st class, but his salary is just 15k with wife and 2 children, this is Nigeria

I'm thinking of dropping out because I think [/quote]

No, do not drop out, below is the reason while u should not drop out

I've made a terrible choice, [/quote]

NCE is not a terrible chioce, my dad did not have a degree, he only have an NCE, but today he makes an average of 55k a week, multiple 55k by 4 weeks(one month) to see how fat his bank account is

I think I'm going to take jamb
[/quote]

bro calm down ok, it is not too late, u can take jamb after u have completed your NCE, now let us do small mathematics here enh

JAMB...................equation1

if u take jamb and got admission, u will spend 4yrs in the university b4 u will graduate, also if u take jamb and got admission it means u have already wasted dat 2yrs of NCE away, what i am trying to say is dat if u take jamb again enh and gain admission,

it will take u "4yrs to be a graduate" .....................equation(a)

NCE...........................equation2

since u are already in 200L, dat means u have just 1yr remaining, i will advice u to complete that remaining 1yr, after u have complete it, then use Direct entering(D.E) to enter straight into the university, since u will be using direct entering dat means u will staryt from 200L in the university, which mean u will spend just 3yrs in the university(200L, 300L, 400L)

now if u Add dat 3yrs u will spend in the university to dat 1yr remainign for u to complete your NCE it will give u 4yrs

(3 + 1)yrs = 4yrs................equation(b)

now if u compare equation(a) and equation (b) u will discover dat both will give u 4yrs, what i am trying to say is dat, if u take jamb again and gain admission it will take u 4yrs to be a university graduate, Also if u finish your NCE and use direct entering to enter university it will still take u that the SAME 4yrs, all i want to tell u is dat irrespective of the one u choose to follow all at the end na still 4yrs u go still spend, if u take jamb oo na 4yrs u go spend to graduate, if u use NCE direct entering oo na still d same 4yrs

so my Advice for u is dat u should comeplet your NCE 1st, after dat then use D.E to get into 200L in the university

did u know why i said u should complete your NCE 1st? Is because at the end, u will have both NCE and a degree, while those your friend will have ONLY degree, so u are authomatically ahead of dem in terms of job opportuniies, so u are getting me?

You = NCE + a degree

your friends = only degree

hope u see the different? U will surpass them later just be patient and be strong like a man, Ok?

again next year because I'm really depressed right now [/quote]

U are depresed because u are comparing yourself with your friends life, did u know bill gate? The richest man on earth, he said dat "comparing yourself to anyone in this world is an insult to yourself" in other words u are indirectly insulting yourself by comparing ur self with ur friend

solution: do not compare urself with ur friends again, instead comparing urself with ur yesterday and twrive hard to be better 2moro

some of my friends back in secondary school are already graduates right now [/quote]

it those not matter, it not how far but how well, bill gate fail some exams in his school days, but his friend pass all d exams,

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by henroo2003: 1:29am On Oct 09, 2018
blingxx:

My dear, we all different just as we have different marks on our palm. I am happy you have taken a step already and that you already in 200L. It's not a matter of how you started by how you end it. Since its a part time course, you will have 2yrs more. Just struggle hard and get the NCE, It isn't easy but try.
I too finished from AOCOED, thought it was a full time, I struggled to finished it, after which I worked for four years gathered money and went for full time in UNILAG, I sponsored myself all thru, did my NYSC and got a job. So be focus and concentrate on your direction. Remember tough time never last but tough people do. One love bro

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice, I Might Die Of Depression Very Soon by salisuammy(f): 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
Bouncingbabyboy:
give me your number let's talk
Oshe baddest

(1) (Reply)

Before You Enroll For Toefl, These Secrets And Facts You Need To Know. / Why Did Oau Change Her Convocation Date? / Pls Help Me Out With Neco Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.