Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby (1527 Views)

Man Brutalises His Daughter Over School Uniform (Photos) / Female Thief Caught In Edo, As Boyfriend Abandons Her. Photos / "My Refusal To Have Sex Landed Me In Kirikiri"; Lady Arrested By Police. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by HungerBAD: 3:31am On Oct 08, 2018
Posted By: Emma Elekwa, Onitsha

A 24-year old woman, Miss Oluchukwu, have allegedly been rejected by her family over her refusal to sell her day-old baby boy after she delivered him out of wedlock.

Oluchukwu, an indigene of Ebonyi State, whose family resides at Awka Etiti in Idemili South local government of Anambra State, was said to have refused advise of aborting the pregnancy after she got pregnant out of wedlock.

The victim, was however reportedly picked by an non governmental organization, SAFENEST, after she ran away from the family to Awka, where she later put to bed.

Speaking on Sunday in Awka at a seminar organised by the group, the Executive Director of SAFENEST, Mrs Oluchukwu Ckukwuenyem, said she contacted her family to break the good news of her delivery to them.

She said the victim was rather advised to sell the baby for her upkeep and be sure not to return to the family with it.

“We were so amazed when we learnt of this, and we have taken it upon ourselves to take care of her and the baby. She is currently in a location we put her. We do not want to release her exact location, but I can tell you she is doing well.

“How much will she sell the baby that can assuage her sufferings for nine months?” Oluchukwu said.

She revealed that within a year of the operations of her NGO, she has discovered that most families were threatened by very flimsy excuses, and have gone ahead to experience serious problems like division, divorce and even murder.

Oluchukwu admitted that abuse of substances like hard drug, alcohol and others were primarily behind the cause of violence in families.

She commended the Anambra State command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA for their proactiveness in tackling drug related issues in the state.

http://thenationonlineng.net/family-abandons-daughter-over-refusal-to-sell-day-old-baby/

Lalasticlala Mynd44

7 Likes

Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by dingbang(m): 3:42am On Oct 08, 2018
Sometimes some parents can just become devils. Sell a human being, like for real...
Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by UncleNnamdi: 3:47am On Oct 08, 2018
Rejecting your daughter because of her refusal to sell her day-old baby she had out of wedlock.

This is indeed what poverty can do to a family. In Anambra state, there's no blood in the jungle of financial hustles.

They can do the undoable to you just for money regardless of the relationship they have with you.

May the founder of poverty never know peace.
Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by Ganzagangan: 8:00am On Oct 08, 2018
Yammirrrin kind of something.

Sai Baba.

1 Like

Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by Kathyl: 8:22am On Oct 08, 2018
Poverty-the cause of so many strange happenings in this country.
Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by Heineken(m): 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
Bro how's everything sir? Am OK. You asked me to send you an offline message. I already did.
Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by akposking(m): 7:25am On May 24, 2019
Heineken:
Bro how's everything sir? Am OK. You asked me to send you an offline message. I already did.
Guy stop posting this nonsense, Hungerbad is already dead. He no longer knows u.

2 Likes

Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by Heineken(m): 7:27am On May 24, 2019
akposking:

Guy stop posting this nonsense, Hungerbad is already dead. He no longer knows u.

morning bro.. I posted this long time. Just knowing about he's dead this morning.
Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by adecz: 7:36am On May 24, 2019
In many cultures,

a bastard child is a monumental
shame to the family.

No room for a child out of wedlock.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by Nobody: 9:29am On May 24, 2019
akposking:

was that just a statement or hungerbad dead
Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by chizzypresh(f): 1:23pm On May 24, 2019
kenddys:

was that just a statement or hungerbad dead

He has left us cry cry
Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 24, 2019
chizzypresh:

He has left us cry cry

yes i just discovered
after the comment i look into it and discovered hungerbad is late

really painful
i am still in shock
Re: Family Abandons Daughter Over Refusal To Sell Day-old Baby by chizzypresh(f): 1:39pm On May 24, 2019
kenddys:

yes i just discovered

after the comment i look into it and discovered hungerbad is late

really painful

i am still in shock

I dnt know why the good ones keep on dying cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Small Japron The Most Notorious Armed Rober And Hired Killer In Shomolu Bariga / Lady Receives Mob Action After Being Accused Of Stealing Manhood In Osun. Photos / Young Man All Smiles As He, Three Others Bag Jail Terms For Internet Fraud [phot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.