Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? (719 Views)

Okowa: It Would Be Disservice To Turn Down Nomination To Be Atiku’s Running Mate / Adeseye Ogunlewe: South-West Can Give Tinubu 20 Million Votes / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: "Who will be Atiku’s First Lady if he wins? Titi or Jamila?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by MrPolitics: 6:59am On Oct 08, 2018
I was thinking today that if PDP were to decide to pick a running mate from SW, they don't have any that's strong or credible enough.
I picked each state and came up short.

1. Oyo state : PDP has had 2 governors here (Rasheed Ladoja and Alao Akala). Neither of them is credible or seemingly capable for the job at hand and they're both out of the PDP. No former senator from the state is strong either

2. Ogun State : PDP has had 1 governor here. Gbenga Daniels. He's the Director-General of Atiku's Campaign. He has some strength in Ogun State, but not so much across the region and I think he might be too old

3. Ondo State : Mimiko came to mind, but he's left the PDP to run for the presidency under ZLP and he's also in his 60s. In my opinion, PDP needs someone that's oldest, in their 50s

4. Osun State : they don't have any strong or credible candidates here as well. The dancing senator doesn't fit the profile and Femi Fani-Kayode is way too controversial

5. Ekiti State : Ayo Fayose is PDP's strongest man here but he's way too controversial and the FG is about to deal withe h him through the EFCC

6. Lagos State : there's no real strong PDP man here. Jimi Agbaje is liked in Lagos but he's not strong across the SW and he's already PDP's guber candidate in the state

Who did I miss? Who from the region could get it?

Akinwunmi Adesina won't leave his office to be Atiku's running mate. Let's be real

Mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by bankyblue(m): 7:06am On Oct 08, 2018
ME
Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by conductor120: 7:08am On Oct 08, 2018
Thiefnubuu or Kemi Adeosun wink

2 Likes

Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by hucienda: 7:13am On Oct 08, 2018
Politically, the SW is already in the bag for the APC as her dominant political sturctures are firmly in control of her APC leaders headed by Tinubu.

Heck, the region already currently has the veep, so why should the region move from certainty to uncertainty? It would make more political strategy for the PDP presidential nominee, now Atiku, to pick is No. 2 from either the SS or SE as those are traditionally strongholds of the party to help turnout the vote.
Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by Nemesis001: 7:19am On Oct 08, 2018
Exactly, I'm yet to see the technocrats or someone without any coma from South West that can be chosen as Atiku's VP.

Atiku will surely get a sizeable number of votes in Osun-Adeleke factor, Ekiti-Fayose,Lagos-Jimi Agbaje,Ondo-Everyone is tired of Apc here,Oyo too.

South East believe it's their time to be given something reasonable in PDP as they have always shown their unalloyed support for the party since 1999 without given any tangible thing in return.

Picking his VP will determine Atiku's fate next year as anything except SE will lead to vote apathy in the East. We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by Nemesis001: 7:25am On Oct 08, 2018
hucienda:
Politically, the SW is already in the bag for the APC as her dominant political sturctures are firmly in control of her APC leaders headed by Tinubu.

Heck, the region already currently has the veep, so why should the region move from certainty to uncertainty? It would make more political strategy for the PDP presidential nominee, now Atiku, to pick is No. 2 from either the SS or SE as those are traditionally strongholds of the party to help turnout the vote.
Bro, the party chairman is already from SS.

They already produced a VP and President in person of GEJ still SE supports PDP.

I think it's time for an Igbo VP as this will quell the Biafra agitations and marginalization rants too.

The party leadership should have been zoned to South West but Wike and his greediness won't let him see road.

4 Likes

Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by diebuhari1: 7:31am On Oct 08, 2018
Yes, most Igbos will never dream of voting for Buhari even with a gun to their forehead, but there are other parties and also an option of boycotting the elections if PDP betrays us and that would be a disaster for Atiku and PDP.
For 16 years of PDP rule, none of the top 2 positions went to the SE despite the unflinching support from the region, now some people are still suggesting rubbish.
I don't know why Yorubas want to reap where they did not sow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 08, 2018
Atiku should pick his running mate from the east

1 Like

Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by SternProphet: 7:36am On Oct 08, 2018
Nemesis001:
Exactly, I'm yet to see the technocrats or someone without any coma from South West that can be chosen as Atiku's VP.

Atiku will surely get a sizeable number of votes in Osun-Adeleke factor, Ekiti-Fayose,Lagos-Jimi Agbaje,Ondo-Everyone is tired of Apc here,Oyo too.

South East believe it's their time to be given something reasonable in PDP as they have always shown their unalloyed support for the party since 1999 without given any tangible thing in return.

Picking his VP will determine Atiku's fate next year as anything except SE will lead to vote apathy in the East. We are watching.

There is no advantage for PDP in Osun State. Adeleke factor my foot. That factor is completely based on family name and APC has already started to make good deals in the area.
There is no love for Atiku in the SW although he used to have the best network in the zone inherited from Shehu Yaradua. All those guys are dead now or too old.

The FG juggernaut will get to work soon and you are all up for surprises in the SW. People are NOT sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by hucienda: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2018
Nemesis001:

Bro, the party chairman is already from SS.

They already produced a VP and President in person of GEJ still SE supports PDP.

I think it's time for an Igbo VP as this will quell the Biafra agitations and marginalization rants too.

The party leadership should have been zoned to South West but Wike and his greediness won't let him see road.

Well, you are right. Didn't take into cognisance the PDP Chairman being from the SS. It's down to the SE then.

That means nairaland political section go hot and go on overdrive with the eastern and western tribal champions out in full force guns blazing. grin The mods would have their hands full.

2 Likes

Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by DrRasheed: 7:44am On Oct 08, 2018
Ben murray bruce is atiku's vp. The rabbit ears has been following atiku upandan since time immemorial.
last i heard he left the senate. so it is even clearer.
Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by Nemesis001: 7:48am On Oct 08, 2018
hucienda:

Well, you are right. Didn't take into cognisance the PDP Chairman being from the SS. It's down to the SE then.

That means nairaland political section go hot and go on overdrive with the eastern and western tribal champions out in full force guns blazing. grin The mods would have their hands full.
Their hands will be very full banning and unbaning. grin

Honestly, the party chairmanship position should have been given to South West but nobody expected Atiku to win.

To make everything equal which is what Atiku have been preaching, a good and sound Igbo should be given the VP-Peter Obi or Ngozi Okonjo Iweala[The1st female VP appeal] grin

Atiku should just play his game well.
Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by Nemesis001: 7:54am On Oct 08, 2018
SternProphet:

There is no advantage for PDP in Osun State. Adeleke factor my foot. That factor is completely based on family name and APC has already started to make good deals in the area.
There is no love for Atiku in the SW although he used to have the best network in the zone inherited from Shehu Yaradua. All those guys are dead now or too old.

The FG juggernaut will get to work soon and you are all up for surprises in the SW. People are NOT sleeping.
This was Osun 2015 presidential election results APC-383,603 PDP-249,929. That's before APC and Aregebegbese showed them pepper by not paying salaries o.

I never said PDP will win Osun, I said they will have 40%-30% which is enough for an opposition party.
Re: Who In The South West Can Be Atiku's Running Mate? by FearGodinall: 9:06am On Oct 08, 2018
Personally,i prefer the VP should come from the sw to give pdp the wining almighty formular. Dr. Akin Adesina will accept the offer becuase even when he were appointed as a minister, he wasn't free but the love for Nigeria made him to come and help us and the result is visible for all to see.

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Hope Uzodinma Also Receives INEC Form As Imo APC Candidate / Nnamdi Kanu To Appear Live On Radio Biafra London Sunday 21st October,2018 / There Are Forces Against Buhari Within APC Ahead 2019 Elections, Says Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.