Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? (30887 Views)

The Scariest Places In The World,only For The Bravest Of Hearts / 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About / 7 Things You Cannot Predict When Driving In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by AutoJoshNG: 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2018

Getting scared when faced with danger isn’t abnormal. It simply means you’re human.

No matter how much you try to hide or suppress the fear, there are times you would experience fast rush of adrenaline down your spine.

We are much concerned about the various driving conditions that are scary.

Which of these 6 things do you think is the scariest of all?

1. Brake failure:

Brake failures occur unannounced; they just happen. Have you been in a situation where you slam your brakes and your car is still speeding as though nothing happened?

It is scary. There is no doubt your heart will skip a bit. In case your brake fails what should you do? You can read our post on What Should I Do If My Car Brake Fails?.

2. Stuck gas pedal:

Stuck pedal is another scary thing you still wouldn’t want to come across. Imagine gradually piloting the affairs of your car and suddenly your gas pedal gets depressed and won’t come up again. This stuck gas pedal is electrical/mechanical failure that can happen to any vehicle. Here is the Quick Steps On How To Handle A Stuck Accelerator Pedal.

3. Tyre blowout:

The loud noise from a tyre blowout and the jerking you will experience on your steering wheel is enough to sprout much fear in you.

The scare you get from a tyre blowout is tantamount to the size of the tyre. The scare you’ll get from a tyre that will fit in 17 rims won’t be the say with a Mac truck tyre. Don’t fail to read Expert Advise On What To Do To Properly Handle A Tyre Blowout , it might be of help someday.

4. Car caught up in fire:

There are several reasons why a car can catch fire. It can be as simple as fog lamp wiring error and as complex as fuel system leak.
Any man in his right senses will be gripped by fear if his car should catch fire; no matter how minor the fire is.

5. Your car suddenly going off in Lagos traffic:

Lagos is a city where you wouldn’t want your car to breakdown on the road. People will unleash their frustration on you. For the learners and newbies, this can be a very scary moment.

A bad alternator can make your car to suddenly go off. Bad or failing fuel pump can give rise to this as well.

6. Driving without complete documents:

Some drivers get frightened at the sight of some law enforcement officials especially the police (SARS) and FRSC. This is scare is much especially when you’re not complete as you supposed.

On seeing those FRSC officials, you might start wondering if your taillight is still functional; if your extinguisher is in place etc.

Some people don’t jitter by the way.

https://autojosh.com/which-5-things-scariest-driving/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by Temidayo9(m): 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
That No 6 ehn grin

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by Kwamecron(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
3 tongue

1 Like

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by akpaan(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
6 no de scary abeg...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
2 and 1. Because life is involved

But number 6 hehehhehehe especially when you carry Nissan murano wey the engine don go angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by chily11: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
Break failure has been a major problem for road drivers
Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by landmark86: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
1 to 5 will never be our portion IJN
No. 6 is already settled with #200 grin

Cos I see no different btw Nigeria police and our road safety

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by Explorers(m): 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
y
Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by AceRoyal: 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
Final Destination...... tongue
Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by HayZee06(m): 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
No 1 and 4 for me.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by Chiemerie8(m): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
Driving with buhari will definitely be the scariest

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by SolnergyPower: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
I've experienced 1 and 2.

2 was scarier because I didn't figure out what it was even after ramming into a military blockade when the throttle got stuck! I thought it was break failure.

It was when it happened again that I realized what caused it in the first place.

We've learnt a lot on how to manage 1 but rarely talk about 2.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by roblance: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
That number 6.....ahhaahh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by SugarSpill(m): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
Booked
Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by updatechange(m): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
Good
Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by moscobabs(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2018
Op u don't put overheating, I have phobia for that thing and I always experience it during hold up

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by waleadex(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2018
When a black cat suddenly appears on the dashboard.... Lolz!

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by meforyou1(m): 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

But number 6 hehehhehehe especially when you carry Nissan murano wey the engine don go angry
if road safety stop u, u will know no 6 is your worst nightmare

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by Gkemz: 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
None of us will encounter any of these ugly experiences in Jesus name. Especially the first four.

6 Likes

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by franchasng: 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
as a Danfo driver, I have experienced all, so nothing scares me again angry

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by meforyou1(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
waleadex:
When a black cat suddenly appears on the dashboard.... Lolz!
or big nyash passes by

11 Likes

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by Profayo: 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
Driving inbetween two oil tankers with dangote truck behind.Just begin to make peace with your maker

18 Likes

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by Jossyroyal1: 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
undecided

There is nothing more scary than allowing Buhari to drive the affairs of the country...

If we don't correct the mistake of a driver in next general elections, then we are in for it

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by UTMOST10(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
I fear No6, you can see the men at work...... saying ibi lo ma kusi, boya loma dele......
Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by Josh44s(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
Number 4 is scariest because once there is fire outbreak in a car, all doors lock automatically. I wonder who came up with that stupid idea when cars were invented.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by IrokoOluwere: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

Life no dy involved for 3 ? undecided
Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by valdes00(m): 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2018
The scariest is - Not Having a Car...

1 Like

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by AdiDami: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2018
Op you didn't add "WHEN YOU RAM INTO A MILITARY MAN'S VEHICLE".
I think that is the "horror(est) of them all. �

1 Like

Re: Which Of These 6 Things Is The Scariest When Driving? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2018
In Nigeria, it's number 6.

I wasn't a participant but I watched and listened as my Micra driver and police got into this two weekends ago.

My cocky ass driver: Oga, Iwe mi pe.

Olopa: O ti sure ara e ju, ode ma ko ba e leni.

My Driver: "Gives all the documents to olopa with his drivers license.

Olopa: It says here that your car is white color, this one is yellow/brown.

My driver: This is Ibadan color as demand by the state government.

Olopa: You should have went to court to get an affidavit.

Gbam.

Number two:

Olopa: Oya si engine e.

Olopa: This engine number is different.

My Driver: Oga, this na Micra we go through engines.

Olopa: I know, so you need affidavit for that too.

Gbam.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Oyo Monarchs Die In Auto Crash, Nine Others Injured / Truck Crushes Bottled Water Seller To Death In Imo State. Graphic Photos / Weclome to Chicagoland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.