Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) (41352 Views)

Rev. Father In Akwa Ibom Who Left Catholic For Another Church Gets Married / Lady Gets N305K To Celebrate Her Birthday After Revealing She Was Broke. Photos / 83-Year-Old Ugandan Woman Weds 90-Year-Old Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by pzphoto(m): 7:02am On Oct 09, 2018
Oxford student who was sick of being asked when she was getting married decides to tie the knot with HERSELF (but admits her Ugandan parents were 'a bit confused')

*Lulu Jemimah, 32, was fed-up of her family lecturing her on settling down
*She decided to 'marry' herself in a shoestring ceremony in Uganda this summer
*The Oxford student admits her parents were 'a bit confused' her her decision
*The day cost just £2 - for her taxi to the pub venue - thanks to gifts from friends

A single woman who grew tired of being asked when she was getting married has made the extraordinary decision to tie the knot to herself.

Oxford student Lulu Jemimah, 32, was fed-up of her family lecturing her on the importance of settling down with the right man.

But marriage is the last thing on her mind as she studies a masters in creative writing at the prestigious university.

So, in a bid to get her parents off her back, she decided to stage a mock wedding and sent formal invites out to her nearest and dearest.

She hired a dress, walked through the venue to the traditional wedding march and even gave a speech to her guests explaining the lack of a groom.

Lulu admits her Ugandan parents are baffled by her decision - but said she feels it was the perfect commitment to herself and her studies.

The entire day cost just £2 - for her taxi to the pub venue - as she managed to get the rest of her big day for free or as gifts from friends.

Proud singleton Lulu said: 'I have a strong passion in life and I am committed to achieving my goals at becoming an academic.

'But all my family wanted to ask me was when I planned to get married - which is very important back in Uganda - followed by when I would be having children and starting a family.

'My father wrote my wedding speech when I turned 16. Every birthday my mother prayed for me and in recent years this has included a plea for a good husband.

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6252599/amp/Oxford-student-gets-married-herself.html

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Millenniumlady(f): 7:06am On Oct 09, 2018
She's so beautiful kiss I think this will be my next move cause I don't have time for all this wife beaters and cheating men sad nah to marry myself nahim sure pass........UP WE GO FEMINISTS

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by axeman2(m): 7:07am On Oct 09, 2018
why is marraige so overrated?

30 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by pzphoto(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2018
cheesy cheesy
Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by haykes(m): 7:13am On Oct 09, 2018
Rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Oche211(m): 7:13am On Oct 09, 2018
Millenniumlady:
She's so beautiful kiss I think this will be my next move cause I don't have time for all this wife beaters and cheating men sad nah to marry myself nahim sure pass........UP WE GO FEMINISTS
And you think that you make sense like this.

156 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by UncleNnamdi: 7:13am On Oct 09, 2018
What a deceitful way for a woman to make mockery of her marital unwanted state before the world.

So pitiful.

15 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Smellymouth: 7:21am On Oct 09, 2018
This is called “Solo-gamy”

180 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by NIGHTMAREOO7: 7:21am On Oct 09, 2018
Millenniumlady:

I support u, better to be single than be with a man beater.
Nothing wrong with being a feminist.
Since recent popularity of the word FEMINISTS In Nigeria, it has exposed the fact that 90% of Nigerians are intellectually inept.

*im expecting numerous antagonizing post coz of this comment*

12 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by falcon01: 7:32am On Oct 09, 2018
What the f*ck she fine and she can have a guy this selfishensess. 1 P*SSY DOWN.

5 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 09, 2018
I think a lot of Nigerian women would love to go down this same path.

An opportunity to jump from dick to dick without their conscience bothered.

5 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Tamarapetty(f): 7:53am On Oct 09, 2018
A woman is incomplete without a man. .

22 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by OKorowanta: 7:57am On Oct 09, 2018
Cute skin,cute smile...
Wicked Uganda boys...Una be Fvck and run.
Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 09, 2018
Feminism, the way it is being bastardise.d now is not really way it ought to b propagated. it has instead turned out to be a way for women who are frustrated to get some succour mentally. deep down they aren't happy. they find no satisfaction in claiming they are better off without men. it's just the way you can't afford a car of 5 million and claim it's better off to use that money to enter bus for 10 years than to buy a car that can get accident after 1 or 2 years and it is finished. I've learnt to stop arguing with them or trying to prove otherwise. time usually changes their mind. ask Linda ikeji. claiming feminism but behind she was knacking yet some mumus on NL were shouting.
just leave them. time will clear their eyes...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by pweshboi(m): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Please let us know [organisation of concerned nairalanders] when you plan doing this, we have gifts of cucumber to donate to your warm abode.

11 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by sladimeji(m): 8:34am On Oct 09, 2018
Millenniumlady:
If your bobo should read this nko?

2 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2018
Good. Now she can go fúck herself (literally)

4 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2018
Feminist marriagecheesy

But people can put undue pressure on others sha

2 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by KosyJerry(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2018
Make she rest grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by rottenPussy: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2018
Tamarapetty:
SAYS WHO?

9 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by soliddust2020: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2018
Mrs Me, myself and i cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2018
grin
Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2018
Millenniumlady:

cheesy

See NL Feministas, but that will not stop you from seeing Ade tonight or secretly pray for a husband this coming Sunday.

We know una type. Linda and Chimamanda said worse but look at them taking kondo and raising a family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by fratermathy(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2018
Kind of childish, in my opinion. You don't have to do anything to prove a point to the society. Everyone has their time and rationale for things.

Now that she has done this, if she later gets someone to marry her, will she divorce herself first?

8 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by domino4211(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]There is absolutely nothing you wont see in Africa grin
Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by aragon4realz(m): 9:54am On Oct 09, 2018
chai...see frustration

1 Like

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2018
C
Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Chisaedhor: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2018
undecided

Naija land ladies will now copy her.

2 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Notatribalist(m): 9:55am On Oct 09, 2018
Millenniumlady:
I promise not to cheat on you,o will u marry me?
Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by drskyfly007(m): 9:55am On Oct 09, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Lies!

3 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2018
Millenniumlady:
u will sit 4 one place in Syd lugbe dey type shiiiiiiii

4 Likes

Re: Lulu Jemima, Ugandan Lady Gets Married To Herself (Photos) by Vivuch: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2018
Happiness is free, look at how happy she is. I need to go and marry myself too. Let me go and make enquiries at Ikoyi registry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple Stuns At Their Wedding Introduction In Ibadan / Funny Dance Moves Of A Groom At His Wedding That Got Guests Laughing (Video) / White Groom And His Men Rock Efik Traditional Attire To His Wedding With Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.