Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION (17374 Views)

See Why Peter Obi Is Not Really Focusing Campaign In Core North (opinion) / Peter Obi Will Not Get Up To 100,000 Votes In The Core North - Reno Omokri / Throwback:why Buhari Removed Fuel Subsidy – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by QuotaSystem: 8:38am On Oct 09, 2018
EasternActivist:

Nice question, my point is this with an Igbo VP, these people believe they will live and age better.

They need Igbos handling the helm of affairs. They believe that the Igbos are humans they treasure life, development, property... They want to experience these things for once before their next generation and generations to come.

If it an Igbo president, is a good pass for them in the north and they won't bother where he is Christian or Muslim but will accept him based on the BASIC principle of life and humab right.

My friend this is not an arena for your igbo superiority delusions.

Your assertions are totally baseless. Next.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Mohayaks: 8:40am On Oct 09, 2018
QuotaSystem:

You're right.

Honestly the ignorance and clueless state of some in the south regarding political realities in the north is just mind-blowing

someone said that the votes in the north will be splitted 50:50

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by EasternActivist: 8:41am On Oct 09, 2018
QuotaSystem:

My friend this is not an arena for your igbo superiority delusions.

Your assertions are totally baseless. Next.

grin grin
Pained desperate Igbophobia element...

You will surely loose as the table you're shaking won't favour your cruel intentions. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Ziggylady(f): 8:43am On Oct 09, 2018
Permutations,assumptions and wishful thinking are saturated in the op's analysis as well as his cohorts agreeing with him..

Sane mind knows its foolish to say 'never ever' over situations you cannot physically control especially Nigerian politics,the outcomes and her politicians..

Most of you zombies swore with your lame lives that Atiku will 'never' be the PDP Presidential Flag-bearer,only to be disgraced with the out-come over the weekend.

As for me,anything and i mean anything can happen next year..the possibility of both Atiku and Buhari winning next year is high..I can only hope and wish buhari loses next year cos he is a menace to normal and sane Nigerians..

EOD.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by QuotaSystem: 8:44am On Oct 09, 2018
Mohayaks:
someone said that the votes in the north will be splitted 50:50

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by PassingShot(m): 8:44am On Oct 09, 2018
ozento:
atiku will stil win weda u like it or not.
Someone has given you a well written assessment of Atiku’s chance in the north, instead of you to counter him with facts and figures, na nonsense you dey type.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by EasternActivist: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2018
PassingShot:

Someone has given you a well written assessment of Atiku’s chance in the north, instead of you to counter him with facts and figures, na nonsense you dey type.

If you regard that as well written then you shouldn't be taken serious. You should pass being an expendable if really you have any atom of usefulness.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by CilicMarin: 8:49am On Oct 09, 2018
lalasticlala this is informative..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by tuniski: 8:50am On Oct 09, 2018
QuotaSystem:

On what basis?

Based on what political structure?

How many wins has he recorded in Adamawa in the past? Lol.

Atiku hasn't been a loser in Adamawa in any election on a major party's ticket. 1999,2003 VP to OBJ.
The AC adventure was a renegade thing in 2007.
2019 Atiku/PdP will win total aggregate votes in NE/NC. He will win landslide SS/SE while being competitive in SW. Only NW will he be limited to 30 to 35 Percentage showing!

Atiku is the incoming president!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by globemoney: 8:51am On Oct 09, 2018
PassingShot:

Both quotasystem and ozento are right. Atiku and Buhari will share votes in the north. Buhari will have an edge in the SW while SE/SS will vote 100% for Atiku. Easy win for Atiku

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Bizibi(m): 8:55am On Oct 09, 2018
It seems this one hasn't seen the crack in the political circle in the north.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by EternalTruths: 9:00am On Oct 09, 2018
tuniski:

Atiku hasn't been a loser in Adamawa in any election on a major party's ticket. 1999,2003 VP to OBJ.
2019 Atiku/PdP will win total aggregate votes with huge margins in NE/NC. He will win landslide SS/SE while being competitive in SW. Only NW will he be limited to 30 to 35 Percentage showing!

Perfectly edited.

You sabi politics wella

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Shuku0kukobambi: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Wake up bro.

Atiku is clearing the middle belt including his home state Adamawa and Taraba.
That leaves Buhari with 11 core northern states which Atiku will still tightly contest with him.

All the same, Atiku needs a SW VP win the SW.

Atiku will pick his VP from the east and rightly so. The PDP guys in SW PDP are very inconsequential and OBJ will have no input there since he's openly hostile to an Atiku presidency

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by QuotaSystem: 9:19am On Oct 09, 2018
tuniski:

2019 Atiku/PdP will win total aggregate votes in NE/NC. He will win landslide SS/SE while being competitive in SW. Only NW will he be limited to 30 to 35 Percentage showing!

Unfortunately you failed to discount for the electoral strength of the regions. SE & SS combined are just 15 million voters strong (assuming 100% turnout).

Even with the 60% victory you've accorded to Buhari in the NW, that's 11 million votes already from the North west alone which has neutralized the entire votes of the SE (7 million) and over half of the SS votes which are Atiku's only strongholds. Remember that with Oshiomole, Amaechi, Akpabio et al the SS will be shared with President Buhari.

With a SE VP, just forget the southwest as Atiku will struggle to get 25% in most of the SW States which adds another possible 10 million votes to Buhari's kitty.

For the reasons I stated, PMB will also sweep the NE but I don't expect a fact-lacking person to agree. In fact, we haven't even accounted for federal might and the extra million votes PMB will get in Boko haram freed regions where people couldn't vote in 2015 due to PDP's corruption and incompetence in battling the insurgency wink.

The only states where votes will be significantly shared are the 4 states in the NC already mentioned. Clear victory for PMB to the discerning.

2019 is pregnant cool.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by ModsareChevres: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

Atiku will pick his VP from the east and rightly so. The PDP guys in SW PDP are very inconsequential and OBJ will have no input there since he's openly hostile to an Atiku presidency

I know you Buharists are desperately praying for Atiku to make this mistake so that Buhari will have an easy ride.

Atiku will disappoint you all.

Even Tinubu himself will Atikulate to be sure of peace of mind after the election... cool

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Omololu001: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2018
PassingShot:

atiku does not need to win the north east and north west to become the President of Nigeria, and there is no way he will lose in all the states in the north west and north east,he might win in 2 or 3.
Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Omololu001: 9:22am On Oct 09, 2018
EasternActivist:

Nice question, my point is this with an Igbo VP, these people believe they will live and age better.

They need Igbos handling the helm of affairs. They believe that the Igbos are humans they treasure life, development, property... They want to experience these things for once before their next generation and generations to come.

If is an Igbo president, is a good pass for them in the north and they won't bother whether he/she is Christian or Muslim but will accept him/her based on the BASIC principle of life and human right.
don't you yeebos get tired of all this trash you do spill grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by EasternActivist: 9:24am On Oct 09, 2018
Omololu001:

I don't get this, Is that also a question? undecided
Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Shuku0kukobambi: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2018
ModsareChevres:

I know you Buharists are desperately praying for Atiku to make this mistake so that Buhari will have an easy ride.

Atiku will disappoint you all.

Even Tinubu himself will Atikulate to be sure of peace of mind after the election... cool

Be honest with yourself, what do you want the average Igbo man to feel if Yoruba gets picked as Atiku's VP?

Just be honest and answer me

6 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by QuotaSystem: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2018
Omololu001:

Lol, they should try reciting it in front of a mirror so they can see and reflect on how ridiculous they sound grin

9 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by PassingShot(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2018
Omololu001:
atiku does not need to win the north east and north west to become the President of Nigeria, and there is no way he will lose in all the states in the north west and north east,he might win in 2 or 3.
He needs to do very well in the entire NW/NE. Anything less than 40% across those regions, he's a toast.

8 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Shuku0kukobambi: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2018
Omololu001:

As in ehn, I wonder how adults will just sit down, create a hype for themselves and be believing the same hype they created. How deluded can people be? cheesy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by luvmijeje(f): 9:31am On Oct 09, 2018
PDP have a better chance in 2023 when the Buhari factor will be neutralize. Till then, the southern people, they know themselves, should reduce the tribal hatred. Four to five years is enough to change minds.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by PassingShot(m): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2018
globemoney:

Both quotasystem and ozento are right. Atiku and Buhari will share votes in the north. Buhari will have an edge in the SW while SE/SS will vote 100% for Atiku. Easy win for Atiku
SE - Atiku 70% PMB 30%
SS - Atiku 65% PMB 35%
NW - Atiku 30% PMB 70%
NE - Atiku 35% PMB 65%
NC Atiku 55% - PMB - 45%
SW Atiku 40% PMB - 60%

It promises to be tough for both but I see PMB edging it.

Watch out for my analysis on it in due course.

8 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by ModsareChevres: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

Be honest with yourself, what do you want the average Igbo man to feel if Yoruba gets picked as Atiku's VP?

Just be honest and answer me

Honestly, it's about sending Buhari back to Daura. There is still a whole lot to gain when that is achieved. That is what should occupy the mind of Igbos.

SW currently has no stake in PDP. Why should we lose a VP(bird) in hand for absolutely nothing in the bush(Atiku presidency).

SW has more stake in the balance considering the fact that Osinbajo is favoured to succeed Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 09, 2018
I Love Your Write~up but its one sided,you should take note that these following factors will play against pmb in d core north 1) dasuki issue ,2]shiites issue 3}d economy of d core north 4] he is contesting against a fellow northern fulani muslim.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by leisuretym: 9:34am On Oct 09, 2018
whatever, na them go still dey live in poverty!

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Shuku0kukobambi: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Honestly, it's about sending Buhari back to Daura. There is still a whole lot to gain when that is achieved. That is what should occupy the mind of Igbos.

SW currently has no stake in PDP. Why should we lose a VP(bird) in hand for absolutely nothing in the bush(Atiku presidency).

SW has more stake in the balance considering the fact that Osinbajo is favoured to succeed Buhari.

You and i know this can never sell in Igbo land. That is why i laugh at those who believed all the noise about biafra or death that time. It was all due to election loss of 2015. The average igbo man doesn't want biafra otherwise the ultimatum from the northern youths last year would have been utilised.

Check my post history, i have said that VP is what Igbo are fighting for with all the trekking from onitsha to aba to PH. Have you heard them asking about kanu again? This is their chance and you want to deny them because of what? They'll rather be VP to Atiku and lose than help Buhari with an erudite Yoruba VP win cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2018
EasternActivist:

If is an Igbo president, is a good pass for them in the north and they won't bother whether he/she is Christian or Muslim but will accept him/her based on the BASIC principle of life and human right.

In other words, an Atiku led PDP govt is an All Encompassing IPOB Agenda driven govt.

10 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by Shuku0kukobambi: 9:39am On Oct 09, 2018
aze:

In other words, an Atiku led PDP govt is an All Encompassing IPOB Agenda driven govt.

Of course. All the biafra or death noise was about getting a chance at slavery once again to the fulani they claim are illiterates cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by deltaisgreat: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Why not dispute the reasons put forward, or make your alternative submission?

This thread is for emotionally balanced minds.
OP's analysis and permutations are baseless because a deadlier sect than boko haram who are sympathetic to binary as they kill with reckless abandoned and taking over people's land with the impunity and security forces support was created under Buhari's administration. What about the increased poverty and death in the North east and North west? The killing in zamfara , sokoto and kaduna states of both Christians and Muslims alike .what of the Shia Muslims massacred in kaduna? Where do you think the Shia Muslims population nation wide vote will go? Did OP consider the kwankwasiya factor in kano and the entire north west? Op was quick to forget the general poverty in the country brought upon us by buhari and APC. The disunity in APC and Buhari's healthy challenge that contributed greatly in bringing our growing economy to it's knee. Aisha Buhari's position against the ruling cabal is another problem of the ruling party. Just too numerous to count. In fact Buhari lost the election immediately atiku won the ticket of PDP

6 Likes

Re: Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION by EasternActivist: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2018
aze:

Please take whatever you felt from my writeup. Is highly welcomed by me. I wasn't even talking about ipob at the first stance and so the reply. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guber Poll: PDP Mobilises To Lagos / Anthony Aziegbem: We Will Set Up A Team To Investigate Obaseki’s Certificates / Dele Momodu: I Endorsed Tinubu Two Years Ago, I Have Now Withdrawn My Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.